Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan 2005+

Comments

• dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    I just purchased a 2005 GC SXT with Stow N Go....my first DCX vehicle ever!! So far I love it!

Does anyone know of a good site for accessories for GC?

I like the tubs for the Stow N Go pockets but not at $600!!!

Thanks!!
  • jglackinjglackin Member Posts: 164
    $600????? Where'd you see that? Go to www.mopar.com and follow the links through

dodge accessories

2005 caravan

shop for other dodge accessories

interior accessories

storage

cargo bins, second row ($99)

cargo bins, third row ($195 lid w/o table, $249 lid w/table

and

coolers (they'll fit in the third row cargo bin)

you can order them right there...good luck
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    Looking today at a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT, black, with power liftgate and center front console as the only options. Sticker is $27,780, quoted $22,800 after $3500 in rebates. TMV is more like $22,474, so we'll see what happens. I have had 3 Dodge or Chrysler mini vans before, including a 2003 Chrysler Voyager LX that I have now (not trading it, VERY happy with it), so I'm looking forward to the upgrades for 2005.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    If you like your 2003 Voyager LX, have you seriously considered a 2005 Caravan SXT for the $14,900 you mentioned in another forum?

The $7,900 difference makes the regular length Caravan SXT very attractive unless you need the additional interior space of the Grand Caravan SXT with "Stow-N-Go", power sliding doors and liftgate, larger 3.8L V6, etc. Each is a most attractive vehicle.

The few extra inches between each row of seats make the Grand Caravan considerably more comfortable if adults sit in either the 2nd or 3rd row.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I did, but I want the extra space and the power doors and liftgate.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    Be sure to test-drive the '05 SXT before buying. I bought one ('05 GC SXT) and it drives different than the 2003 Town & Country I drive at work. It's more floaty and soft, and I think it has some more body lean (even though I have the upgraded touring suspension which should help handling).

Also I have a few rattles in all 4 front/sliding doors (!). Hope to go service it soon (after Holidays).

Happy shopping and good luck. Be sure to report back.
    Maybe the 02-03 T&C are more solidly built than the new 2005 GC and T&C. My 02 T&C LX has no rattles in it at 3 years of age.

Altho I would like the 3rd row of "Stow-N-Go", there is better toe room under 2nd row for 3rd row passengers in my 2002 and the 2nd row seats are slightly more comfortable.

My 2002 T&C LX also has the heating coils at the base of the windshield and the Trip Computer has the "Instant Economy" that has been deleted.

I had seriously planned to buy a new 2005 Odyssey and sell my 02 T&C but the reports of a "whistling noise" by my nephew in his new 2005 Odyssey EX has put my plans on indefinite "hold".

I would be sick if I sold my very nice, quiet 02 T&C LX and got a new Odyssey that was not as quiet and lacked some features I have on my low end Chrysler T&C LX.
    And you are still sure that the '05 Ody gives you great mileage (better than your low-end Town & Country), while so far most people in the Odyssey board are still complaining about that bad mileage. If you want to buy the new Ody because of the fuel economy, be certain to check it with at least 2 owners for a longer term. Don't believe Honda, and car magazines - even not CR. Real world drivers only know real facts.

By the way, about the instant fuel economy feature that Chrysler eliminated from the overhead console, I think you can have this feature by pressing "average fuel economy" and then press "RESET", that will give you current mileage.

Too bad I did not test drive the new Caravan before buying. Not that I'm upset, don't get me wrong, it's an excellent van, but having driven the '03 Town & Country for many months, I've expected the '05 to be pretty much the same - if not better. The '03 I drive almost daily have a smoother ride, and handles better bumps and potholes than my new '05 Grand Caravan. But that may be due to my touring suspension. Now I know that Chrysler made big changes underneath for the Stow N' Go, so therefor it's definitely a different drive.

However, there are a few minor improvements in the '05 over the '03. The column shifter has a better feel when shifting, and does not block the audio controls as in the '04 models. The signal lever also has a better click feel. But the clock has smaller typefaces than the '03. And I still hate the gauges and most other controls from the DC vans. I think that even the Freestar lights up much nicer at night. However the Town & Country Limited (or Touring w/the luxury package) do have nice cream faced gauges with a light green/blue background.
  • marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    I just bought a new 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and was told when not using roof rack, to pull front crossbar back as it does cause wind noise when traveling at higher speeds.
    I went to my local Dodge store today to test the 2005 Grand Caravan SXT. They sold the black one they quoted me a couple of days ago, but they had a dark blue one just like it, so I drove that one instead. The ride was not as nice as the ride of my 2003 Chrysler Voyager LX. I was expecting more due to the longer wheel base, and I was let down. The rear seats are wonderful to look at and fold around; but, they are just as advertised--smaller and stiffer than the previous seats. I was not impressed enough to pull the trigger, so I left. I learned a long time ago to leave if I have any hesitation during the test drive.

From there, I went to the Honda store as they are advertising $2000 off MSRP on 2005 Odysseys. I drove a red LX model. It was much nicer to drive than the Grand Caravan, but again, I had no overwhelming desire to own it. It may because the salesman was a jerk and I didn't like working with him. I may go back and find a new salesman.
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Member Posts: 249
    I never plan to stick anything on the roof, so I pulled both crossbars off the roof racks. It improves gas mileage, easier to clean or remove snow from roof, looks better than a totally nude roof, and can easily be re installed if the need ever arose. That being said, I never had noises from the roof racks. Also there are two arrows on each rack denoting where the cross bars should be placed if not carrying anything, for quietest operation if you choose to leave them on.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    why most (not all) Honda sales person are jerks? I have been in different Honda dealers at least 5 times and haven't found one who didn't have attitude problem.
    I don't know--that's a good question. I guess the cars sell themselves and the masses are willing to put up with them.
  • don_caruanadon_caruana Member Posts: 7
    Dealer's had my limited for a week now and there's a national back order on the fuel pump (no idea when they'll get it in). I'm wondering if anyone else out there has heard of issues and if maybe I'm amidst the first wave of what will end up being a recall.
  • jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    In my new 05 TC Ltd the deleted stuff vs my older DCX minivan also included:

1.No height adjustnment in the passenger's power seat (4way vs 8 way power)- BAD for ladies under 5'2" or so.

2. No instant MPG function on the trip computer

3. No windshield de-icer

I like Stow-n-Go, but for $38K the above deletions are CHEAP!!!!!
    Agree. My 2002 T&C LX door locks do not recess like the door locks formerly did in the 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE; there is no carpet on the front doors between the armrest and the window; no carpet at the bottom of the front doors; the ignition switch no longer has the luminous ring around it in 2002 vs 1999.

These deletions are not smart if DC wants to keep their current customers loyal and repeat buyers.

I compare my 2002 T&C LX to the 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE as the T&C LX pre-2001 was a much nicer minivan than the Plymouth Grand Voyager SE or Dodge Grand Caravan SE.

The current Grand Caravan SE is just the former "base" Grand Caravan while the Grand Caravan SXT is the former Grand Caravan ES.

The former GC Sport and GC LE have been killed off. Not a very intelligent marketing move by DC.
  • janb2janb2 Member Posts: 2
    We walked out of negotiations today on an SXT that had almost everything..No leather, no navigation system, however it did have the sideair bags which is what I want but that van is located at a different dealer. It also had the DVD and CD 6 disc. The MSRP is $30880. They offered us $28880. We said no and left. The salesman actually came out into the parking lot and opened my door and said "wait 2 minutes, we're making a phone call"...They came back with $25995 + $250 = $26245. We said no. I was insulted that they wanted to charge $250 to "go get the van." Do you agree this $26245 is too high? I was thinking around $23K is what I would pay. The current rebate they told us about is $2000 (which brought it to the $28880) and its a 0% 60 month finance.

Even though the lot had many 'loaded' SXTs, not one of them had the side air bags. They could only find one SXT in the area that had that option. I would think it would be a popular option! Is there something about them I should know? My husband was eyeing the loaded SXT with leather & nav system but I said no, I want one with the side airbags, who wouldn't? He thinks I'm being difficult now :)
    Which year DC minivan did you have before?

I too have the '05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, and noticed many deleted stuff. I'm repeating my words many times here. and I hope Chrysler will finally get the message for the 2007 redesign.

Before we go to features, I would like to ask you if the ride is as good as your previous DC van? Because I feel that the '05 models is down in handling, noise (muffler?), and smoothness over bumps & potholes. Also It bothers me that I don't have the tire pressure monitor in a $29K+ van. I have all options except for the leather seats and GPS navigation system and side air bags.

BTW, if you take side airbags, you will loose the overhead assist handle for the rear passengers. Chrysler says they interfere with the airbag system. Somehow, Honda engineers do not have such problems and manage to get both.

OK, let me mention some deleted stuff, as far I remember (Chrysler, now listen good!):

- Windshield wiper de-icer (biggest problem for me).

- No fabric inserts on the doors (what Hans refers to "carpet").

- No carpet mates for the 3rd row seats.

- No illuminated controls for power door locks, windows & mirrors.

- No illuminated ignition key ring.

- No (security) lamps on the front doors.

- No info center on top of gauges (I like the change, though).

- No light in the glove box.

- Only one liftgate light (instead of 2).

- Only one light at the sun visor mirror (instead of 2).

- No more variable illumination for the above light.

- No visor extender (but you can move the entire visor - nice!).

The biggest dissapointment for me is the lack of the windshield heat stripes which I loved in the previous models. I have not owned one, but have driven many. Especially that 2 minivans already copied that feature, the Kia Sedona and Toyota Sienna.

The information center used to be on an oval bar above the meters, which showed the signal indicators, high beams and some more stuff. IMO this center was usually blocked by the steering wheel, so I'm happy that they "deleted" that feature, and replaced everything into the regular gauges, like most other cars.

I don't know exactly what "instant MPG" function does, but I think if you use the "average MPG" function and you press "RESET" you can have the same result as instant mileage. Again, I'm not sure. Try it and let me know.

I personal HATE automatic temperature control. I can't see any reason people should use it. And for several reasons:

1) When I set it for a certain temperature, he does what "HE" wants, not me. He goes from the defroster mode to other modes, blows air like crazy (highest fan settings) and some other odd things. I like to set it the way I want.

2) When the system (read: your van) is off, you can't change any setting, or know what your settings are. In regular climate control you see if the control is at the blue or at the red, you see where the dial is pointing to on the fan blower control, and see which mode is used (upper, lower, defrost, etc.) None of them is available to see with ATC.

3) Sometimes I want a quick change. Example, I need heat, but the windshield gets foggy, so I turn it to defroster, and put cold air instead of the hot air. In regular temp. control (like my '03 T&C I drive at work) I just move the slider from the red to the blue and you're done. Not so with the ATC, which i have to push and hold the down arrow button to move the temperature from 85 to 50. this takes quite a few seconds and is not safe.

Anyway, I can write more, but it's enough for now. I like some other climate systems which works similar to regular manual controlled systems, and just add an "AUTO" button in case you want to "set it and forget it". Not to make an over-complicated system.

I would also ask Chrysler to make the interior door handles a little bigger.

I recommend everybody to do what I did: e-mail Chrysler (link below) and if everybody tell them, they will hopefully get the message:

http://www.chrysler.com/wccsapp/universal/C/index.jsp?appStr=wccs- - &titleStr=Contact+Chrysler&familyStr=brand&franchise=- - C&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&prom- - otion=null&category=U
    Excellent listing. Many of your items are contained on my "bottom of the line" 2002 T&C LX.

Thanks for the correction: it was cloth on the front doors above the arm rests and if I recall correctly, the Caravan SE also had the cloth on the front doors above the arm rests as far back as 1986.
    Per the Rules of the Road link above, "when posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post only the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc."

If you have a buying experience to talk about, please post in the Chrysler Voyager/Dodge Caravan: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

thanks,

Steve, Host
    Are there any other website/chat areas for Dodge Caravans?

I just purchased an 05 GC SXT with sunroof, power hatch and tow package - LOVE IT!
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    Congrats dennisctc! We have had our '05 DGC SXT for about 6 weeks adn love it so far. The power tailgate was a real selling point. Good luck and keep us updated.
    Try a net search. Per the Rules of the Road link above, Edmunds "does not allow links to, or promotions of automotive sites that host or contain message boards, forums or chats."

Thanks and congrats on the SXT,

Steve, Host
    YES. But they are not worth your time. Edmunds contains the most information even though there are former owners of DC minivans who love to trash DaimlerChrysler here in Edmunds.

Based on my research, the 05 GC SXT has the most nice features for the least money. The Odyssey seats are more comfortable than my 02 T&C LX but an Odyssey costs more and lacks many nice features that are on my bottom of the line T&C LX.
    I agree with that--although as the current owner of a 2003 Chrysler van, I know as well as you do that the 2005 Grand Caravan has some issues. Honda has also stepped up and equipped the Odyssey LX VERY well with most of the nice features for the same money as a Grand Caravan SXT. Odyssey LX for 2005 is only missing some cosmetic features (power doors, roof rack, alloys, etc.) but does have traction control, side curtain airbags for all 3 rows, 250 HP engine, sliding door roll down windows, passenger air bag cutoff sensor and most other goodies along with a better ride and more comfortable seats. As the owner of three Dodge/Chrysler minivans over the last 10 years, I've never bought into the Honda hype--until seeing the new generations from both.
    It depends on which features you are looking. You look on the Odysseys engine which make 250 hp, but the main thing that counts is torque at a lower RPM which the DC vans does better, and even though the Ody has more HP (at a very high RPM) it weights several hundred Lbs. more. But I agree that Hondas engines are more refined.

The DC vans also have over the Odyssey 3rd row quarter window which do open; compass & outside temperature LCD which also serve as a trip computer which the Ody offer only in the top-of-the-line Limited; and if you need it stow n' go is a major revolution; power liftgate on lower-end models; overhead railing system; and they do have now the passenger airbag cutoff system, plus they added a knee airbag; Ride is certainly better in the DC vans but Ody has better handling.
    Dodge GC SXT, also has traction control,passenger airbag weight sensor.(if seat is empty, airbag will not go off in an accident)Side airbags are extra. But most of those (cosmetic features) are things most mini van buyers like and Dodge GC has them as standard equiptment. Plus stow n go seating.
    For me DC minivan comfort and convenience features are more important than sliding door roll down windows, lazy susan in the floor, OHC engine, etc. I prefer the rear opening side rear windows of a DC minivan to the roll down windows in the Odyssey sliding doors. Toyota was smart and has both on the Sienna.

The Caravan SXT has separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger that is NOT on the Ody LX that costs $3,000 more. This nice feature is standard or optional on every DC minivan but the cheapest Caravan SE.

One good Honda feature is the 2nd row seating that slides fore and aft which is available only on DC minivans with "Stow-N-Go". I would prefer having the 60/40 rear seating of the "Stow-N'Go" without the 2nd row seats that fold into the floor.

After reliability and a good heater and air conditioner, the most important feature for me is the separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger which eliminates the Ody LX but is on the Caravan SXT that has MSRP $22,285 vs Ody LX $25,510.

DC minivans are quieter with a smoother ride than the Odyssey. Honda needs to copy DC method for building a quiet van. DC already copied the 2004 Sienna 60/40 split 3rd row seat that folds into the floor after Toyota improved on the Magic Seat" that Honda introduced with the 1999 Odyssey.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    I think we will need another car manufacturer to copy all the goodies from each of the minivans. I have a 2001 T&C Ltd and have no problem since day one. I would like to have a rowdownable second row windows like those in the Japanese Minis but I also prefer the manual/ auto sliding door and rear lift that DC Vans have...I think I read something about the rear liftgate of the Sienna cannot be manually closed so you really cannot force to shut it if you your luggage sticks out a little bit.
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    Can anyone explain to me why this option is nearly impossible to find on any GC/TC. I have searched dealer inventory in my area and cannot find one. Is it even available on a loaded up model? Looks like a Honda or Toyota for me. I wanted to consider a domestic but side/head airbags is a requirement. GM no. GC/TC cant find with option. The ford I wont consider.
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    Can anyone explain to me why this option is nearly impossible to find on any GC/TC. I have searched dealer inventory in my area and cannot find one. Is it even available on a loaded up model? Looks like a Honda or Toyota for me. I wanted to consider a domestic but side/head airbags is a requirement. GM no. GC/TC cant find with option. The ford I wont consider. << The airbags are standard on the T&C Limited. Other than that, they are hard to find on lots.
    Thanks mrblonde49. I think the limited may be out of my price range even with the incentives.
    I called the Dodge dealer and they had only one on the lot. They do not come standard as the Honda's do, but they can be ordered as an extra.
    DC has almost all of the nice features offered on any minivan.

None of the DC "Stow-N-Go" minivans at the Auto Show had cloth seats. The leather seats are NOT as comfortable for me in these minivans as was the cloth seat 2005 GC SXT "Stow-N-Go" which I drove a year ago.

Interestingly, when all minivans are closely compared using 10 items most important for my needs, the 2005 GC SXT scores 82...the highest of any minivan with Ody EX, Caravan SXT, and my 02 T&C LX getting 81. Sienna LE scored 80.
    And what are those 10 features? I thought I would go with either the Sienna or Ody but with the incentives on GC its hard to justify the price difference. I am well aware of the resale differences but I like the up front savings. I see an awful lot of used Ody in the paper that dont seem to be selling. Way overpriced.
    10 items of most importance to me are: front seat comfort and leg room, 2nd row seats, 3rd row seats, dual zone temp for front seats, cargo space, additional cargo space (total + ease of access), complete overhead console with compass/outside temp and trip computer, power, fuel economy, advertised cost.

I can easily see why the Odyssey or Sienna would score higher than DC for some people who prefer Honda or Toyota, want 8 passenger seating, or who had a bad experience with a Chrysler minivan when they had a virtual monopoly on minivans.

After owning a 1970 Dodge van, it took over 30 years for me to even consider a Chrysler product. I am now a very satisfied owner of a 2002 T&C LX, which based on actual mileage it has delivered, would rank THE highest of any minivan with a score of 84. No reason for me to sell it or trade it on a new 2005 Odyssey EX after very closely comparing all new minivans last weekend.
  • van-ishvan-ish Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in the process of surveying the van market, so my info is fresh and up to date. I have owned 6 minivans over the last 20 years ('86 DC, '88 Astro, '93 DGC, '96 DGC, '98 DGC, "04 DGC) so I do have some experience in this area.

For most of those years, the foreign-made mini-vans were all too small for me (Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda), particularly for the money. A lot less space for a lot more money never made sense. It seems like those companies finally understood that and the 2004 models finally offered space that rivaled the Chrysler extended models.

I bought the 2004 model with the understanding that Chrysler wasn't going to come out with a seat stowing feature any time soon. The dealer snookered me....two months later, the 2005s came out early (in March '05). I have been steaming ever since, especially since I asked the salesmen specifically about that option. Now I am trying to scramble to get some value out of my 2004 GC SXT before it becomes a relic.

My discontent led me to check out other manufacturers. While their prices are still high in their top of the line models, they have made incredible progress in the mini-van market and certainly closed the space to cost ration considerably.

I have checked them all out and here are my opinions:

Chrysler mini-vans: still probably the most competitive BUT only because their incentives are the best in the market. Their interior styling and comfort factors are slipping. The extended SXT or equivalent models offer the best value for space-cost ratio.

Nissan Quest: Wow, was this a surprise. The old Quest was blah...the new Quest model is rah, rah! The 2004 models had lots of quality issues so I don't recommend them. BUT they solved those issues with the 2005 model and then some. The are actually bigger than the GC models and their interior styling is exceptional. Very comfortable and extremely well enginnered (wider side openings for ease of entrance)...plus their pricing at the SL model trim package level is very competitive with Chrysler. If they had offered me a decent number on my 2004 GC SXT trade, I would have bought one.

Toyota Sienna: Still the standard for quality excellence and Toyota finally made them big enough for the American appetite. However, Toyota's appetite for high prices continues to push them off my list for comparable features and options. I was a faithful Toyota buyer until the late 80s, early 90s....and haven't bought one since. I like their quality and long-term value but they still think they are $5-10K better than the competition...and that just isn't true anymore.

Honda Odyssey: I will give them their own line out of respect for their value. They also have increased their size but their pricing still reflects their arrogance about the value difference of their product. The extra money you put into Toyota and Honda products is only worth it if you are going to drive the vehicle until it drops....like 250-300K miles. Most people don't do that and will be getting rid of it long before that. Sure they hold their value but to be honest, that is only true among Toyota and Honda faithfuls.

GMC(brands), Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, etc mini-vans: All the other mini-vans fall into this catch-all category. Some are smaller and some are bigger but by comparison, they are either clunky, poorly designed, have cheap interiors or offer less reliability than those previously mentioned. I wouldn't recommend any of them for the money.
  • cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    just purchased grand caravan sxt with power liftgate and sliding doors. sticker price, 28100, 2000 discount, 2000 rebate, 1300 over trade in price (re:edmunds)on trade in (no equity on trade in) and 0% financing on entire amount for 60 months.
    Please post a report over in Chrysler Town & Country: Prices Paid & Buying Experience too. Thanks!

Steve, Host
    I had complained in another posts that the new cars did not put out cool fresh air through the vents like some of the older ones, that had a door that you could open that would let cool outside air in.

The fresh air coming from my Dodge Dakota was always about 20 degrees warmer than the outside air. But after buying this Dodge mini van, I see the problem was that the Dakota did not have a button on it to do away with re-cirulating air and give me direct outside air as the van and our Civic has. I was just blowing the air around that was already in the truck, with no way to change it but open up the windows or turn on the A/C.

With all the little things Chrysler took off their cars, trucks and vans to save money, I am glad to see they added this to the vans at least. Don't know if the new Dakota has the re-circulating button now or not. Sure glad the van does though.
  • svevarsvevar Member Posts: 160
    Dealers are just reluctant to order it. You'll have to order one from the factory, or look elsewhere to find a van that has the curtains as standard.

-- Mark
    I have found you get the best deals on vehicles on the dealers lot. Do the side airbags provide any protection to kids in car/booster seats? Thats who will be back there 90% of the time. Maybe I dont require them after all.
  • heavydoeheavydoe Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a new GC SXT Special Edition to replace an 03 GC EX. It is great so far. These Special Editions are hard to find, at least in Denver. Went to a no haggle dealer and since it was the end of the month they were haggling. They knocked $2500 off MSRP of 32780 instead of their $1200 plus $3500 rebate. They also threw in an extra pair of head sets for the DVD and Permaplate coating on the paint, leather and carpet.
  • boatsboats Member Posts: 19
    Hi All - I'm seriously considering a GC SXT or the T&C touring with a tow package. I'm in Orange County, CA and I'm looking for a recommendation for a dealer with a good service dept. (who to avoid wouldn't hurt either). I really like the van for a number of reasons, but I'd like it even more if I knew the dealership was really good about warranty repairs and reasonable on basic maintenance costs. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Boats
  • dougkdougk Member Posts: 1
    We've been looking at the 2005 T&Cs but the front seats sit too high. I'm 6'2" and I'm staring at the top of the windshield frame when sitting in the passenger seat.

Is there any way to lower it?
    I purchased a 2005 GC SXT with tow, power hatch and sunroof just before xmas. I live in Detroit though. Love it so far!!!

One issue with purchase.....the tow package comes only with the 4 pin connection on the harness. I had to purchase a new harness with the 7 pin round (USCar style) connector...$130. I plan on towing a small Coleman Popup RV with it.
    In the DC SXT overhead console, there is a small green light, whenever I push any button on the overhead console my hands lights green from that lamp. Has anyone an idea what that lamp is for?
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    You know, that's a good question. We have the same light in our 2001 GC to which I can't find it mentioned anywhere in the owners manual.
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    It's a ambient light meant to softly illuminate your center console and cup holders at night. A nice touch if you ask me.