Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan 2005+

Comments

• mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    After I wore out and broke the parking brake on my Nissan 200SX (I was delivering pizza in college and left it running a lot - it was a stick), I try to only use it when I really have to. My cars are parked in my driveway or a slot in a parking lot - hardly ever street parking, so not much chance of getting bumped...
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    Same with us, either in a flat parking lot or in our garage.

Not using your parking brake regularly is hardly comparable to neglecting to change your oil. The most I am risking with a nonfunctional parking brake is just that, a non functioning parking brake, and if I haven't screwed up the automatic transmission park interlock on my 1996 caravan with 86K miles by now, it is doubful I will.

I do pay attention to items that are necessary, such as oil changes, filters, etc, but I hardly equate not using my parking brake as neglect!
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    When I go to Midas, they always told me to use the parking brake but I couldn't remember the reason that they told me...oh well, it's became a habit for me to use it anyway.
  • marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    It's recommended that you get an oil change every 3 months or 3000 miles."

It is? Says who? The manuals for both of our Caravans quite clearly spell out a 7,500 OCI.

I think that is true under service B. But in service A, I think it's still every three months or 3,000 miles. Depends a lot on weather, if it's dusty and if you do a lot of stop and go driving.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Hmmm, okay, I'll see your "Service B" and then raise you Synthetic Oil for the oil changes. Back to 7,500 OCI. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    As far as I remember, the "service B" is 6,000 mile intervals, not 7500. The Toyota & Honda vans do have 7,500 miles.

About using my parking brake, the reason is because I'm parking on a hilly area very often, and due to Chryslers bad history of automatic transmissions, I don't take chances. I follow all recommendations.
    According to my manual, "Schedule A" says oil every 7,500 miles for the V6 engines and filter every 15,000 miles (the I4 requires the filter at every oil change). "Schedule B" says oil every 3,000 miles for the V6 engines and filter every 6,000 miles (the I4 requires the filter at every oil change).

Given that synthetic oil, specifically Mobil-1, is so much more capable than conventional mineral based oil, I adhere to the 7,500 mile OCI (with a filter at every change) regardless of what type of driving I've done. The only exception is that if I've put an inordinate number of highway only miles on the van, then I might extend the OCI to 10,000 miles.

Our 1998 GC with the 3.8 has nearly 90,000 miles on it, it posts no worse than 75/80 on the cylinder leak down test, and has no audible noises associated with either cam/lifter problems or crank/bearing problems. As if that isn't good enough, when you open the oil filler port, the rocker arms and shaft are as perfectly clean and varnish free as they were the day we brought it home fresh from the factory. My bet is that this motor will easily be able to see the north side of 200,000 miles with virtually no maintenance other than what is called for in the "Schedule A". On the other hand, while we've had zero problems with the transmission so far, I seriously doubt that it will see even 150,000 miles before it requires a rebuild. To my way of thinking, any automatic transmission that delivers anything over 100,000 miles doesn't owe its owner anything anyway, so any miles beyond that point are basically free money.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    "The parking brake should ALWAYS be applied when the driver is not in the vechicle". This is what our owners manual says. You said, "not using the parking brake regularly is hardly comparable to neglecting to change your oil." I disagree. If you don't get regular oil/filter changes, you shorten the life and function of the motor. The same can be said for using the parking brake regularly. I'm sure there is a very good reason, that benefits us, as to why the manufacturer said to use it ALWAYS. I have faith that by using the parking brake regularly as specified, that it will prolong the life and function of the trans. :shades:
    Hmmm, unless parking brake actuation triggers a self adjusting mechanism for the rear brake shoes (unlike most drum brakes that trigger the adjusters when you hit the brakes while moving in reverse) on cars that have rear drum brakes, I can see absolutely no benefit to using the parking brake when on level ground, especially if you are parking in your own garage. The flip side of that is if you park on a crowded city street where parallel parkers are encourage (as it were) to "nudge" the cars at either end of the parking space so as to open up a little more room, and/or if you are parking on an incline, then I whole heartedly agree, use the parking brake.

As for why the Owners' Manual would suggest using the parking brake all of the time? Simple, lawyers.

In my case, I take this a step further. As my main ride for the last 30 years has had three pedals below the dash, I park the car and leave it in gear, usually reverse. Do I use the parking brake all of the time? Hell no! Do I use it when I'm on an incline? Hell yes!

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Well our parking brake still works and so does the transmission, now after 81K miles and 8 rust inducing salt encrusted Wisconsin winters! I am really not worried about the transmission or the parking brakes failing from lack of use of the parking brake at this point. But I still regularly change my oil and filter.

And shipo is right, it is product liability issues that make DC tell you to always use your parking brake. In reality, surely you should parking on steep inclines, but on the horizontal, no real need.
    Well lets see, our garage is on a incline and 100% of parking is parallel on city streets when taking the train to work. (We live in Chicago). Like I've said before, do what you will. It doesn't cost anything to apply the parking brake every time. But it can cost a lot over the years of none use, if the parking interlock on the trans. goes because of not using the parking brake. If your trans. goes prematurely, how would you know it's because of non use of the parking brake? You probably won't know, but this is one thing that can be eliminated as the cause of the failed trans. Look at it this way, you are getting good arm and leg exercise. :P
    I did the Chicago thing for over twelve years followed by another ten in New York, and it was Chicago parallel parking that I was writing about when I mentioned the "nudging" that other cars are compelled to give your car if you happen to be parked in front or behind a small opening. Having said that, my garage is so level that putting one of our cars in neutral and giving them a downhill shove isn't enough to get them to roll out of the garage. To be honest, I cannot think of a single place where I park any of our cars that has much more of an incline than that. That is actually kind of funny as my half mile long street has more local relief than practically the entire city of Chicago.

Anyway, to me at least, the concept of using the parking brake to save the transmission doesn't add up. This is not black magic after all. The fact is that if your car fails to shift properly from say second to first, there is no way that one could point to the lack of parking brake usage as the culprit. Them's jus' ain't the same part o the tranny. Said another way, I've been following various DC van boards since we got our 1998 in July of that year, and so far, I have yet to hear of even a single transmission failure because the owner didn't use the parking brake. Having said that, I did in fact hear of one case (and only one) where someone who regularly parked on an incline and didn't use his parking brake managed to shear off the pin that holds the transmission in park. The whole thing worked still, it's just that putting it in park was just like putting it in neutral.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • dsiremedsireme Member Posts: 2
    :confuse:

I just got a 2005 loaded T&C Limited which I just love the stow and go seating. But I have a few of questions if anyone can help me.

Does the 6 disc DVD player play MP3s or Audio DVDs?

Also how do you get the 6 disc DVD player to do random?

I have looked at my manual and when it comes to the Radio/DVD player, forget it.

Any help would be appreciated. I installed a 12 disk MP3 player in my 99 T&C and am really missing it.

Thanks
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    Hi all, could somebody provide some pricing info in the greater Seattle area? Info on any model will be appreciated. Thanks! The current rebates are not very enticing. I hope they'll get better soon.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Just try Edmunds NEW vehicle pricing by typing in a Seattle Zip Code. Edmunds will provide the TMV of any vehicle and also indicate the current rebates and discounts available for any zip code.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    You can also ask in the discussion Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid & Buying Experiences where these types of questions are asked and answered.
  • aidens_dadaidens_dad Member Posts: 2
    We're considering the GC but really don't like the stow and go seats (2nd row). Unfortunately, they are standard on the models we want.

The are not comfortable for me, (tall with long legs) and I can't imagine any adults being comfy back there because they are very low and slope so much front to back.

But I've yet to read any complaints. Is this just me?

Has anyone put car seats into the Stow and go 2nd row seats? Can they even fit with those sloped seats?

Maybe I just don;t like the look of them and am imagining other issues.

Comments from GC owners are appreciated.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    I don't have kids, but my parents have traveled in the Stow N Go seat for 8 hour, thought they were fine? My parents are 5-9...kinda short though.
    The GC SE can now be purchased with option 28L that has the 60/40 split "fold into the floor" 3rd seating but has a 2nd row bench seator optional 2nd row bench seat with 2 built in child seats.
    Option 28J has 60/40 split "fold into the floor" 3rd row seating with 2nd row bench seat with rear heater and air conditioning with triple zone controls.
    I do not know if either or both of these options includes the storage space under the floor between front seats and 2nd row seating.
    The are not comfortable for me, (tall with long legs) and I can't imagine any adults being comfy back there because they are very low and slope so much front to back.

I have had a couple of people sit in those stow-n-go seats and not heard any of them complain. I would imagine if you were pretty tall, you might hurt for leg room, especially if the front seats were back pretty far.

But I don't know what you mean about the seats sloping. My seats don't slope. Are you sure you are adjusting the seats right? The backs will lean back and the seats move forward and reverse. But they don't slope.
  • ahzooahzoo Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of months and have found the forum invaluable in my research on minivans.

I had narrowed it down to the Ody LX, the Sienna LE, the T&C Touring or the GC SXT. Mr. "ahzoo" and I started test driving last Saturday and finished today with the Ody, The T&C and a third drive in the GC.

Here's what I think I need in a minivan: Good power and pickup (Esp. for freeway merging), side curtain airbags (Are they really necessary? Maybe just for peace of mind.), room for at least seven passengers and "stuff" (we have three kids), cargo space (I'm the family handyperson, build a little furniture and have been known to haul large garage/estate sale "finds"),. I decided recently that rear parking assist (a beeper) would be a good idea since most bumpers are made of fiberglass covered tissue paper (although I don't make a habit of backing into things).

Here are my test drive impressions:

The 2005 Sienna:
    I hated the way the automatic transmission shifted. I tend to accelerate quickly and the Sienna tranny wasn't keeping up with me. Although the van seemed to be keeping up speed, the tachometer needle was going too high and I was aware of waiting for the van to finish shifting. My husband also noticed it, but it didn't bother him as much as it did me. After the test drive, I mentioned this to the salesperson and got the following response (to the effect of): "It's an intelligent transmission that will eventually adapt itself to your style of driving." Hmmm. I did a little research and gathered that VW had claimed that kind of technology, but haven't seen an indication that Toyota is using it. Some folks on the forums here have said that Toyota is aware of it being a problem.

The 2005 Ody:
    My husband really liked it and thought it handled well and had a solid feel. I liked the way it handled and accelerated. I didn't like the fact that you can't manually override the power sliding doors. The cloth fabric was pretty cheesy looking; I don't think it would hold up to abuse from my tribe. I keep hearing that the interior space is larger than the GC, but it didn't feel like it sitting in the middle row. Overall, it seemed like a good van, although I have noticed a number of complaints about doors and build quality on the Ody forum. 'Not sure that the roll down windows in the cargo area are a good thing.

The T&C Touring:
    'Not sure where they found the demo since it didn't have Stow and Go. It had a 3.3L engine and the pickup was surprisingly good considering that.

The GC SXT:
    Solid feel, smooth acceleration, good pickup, good visibility. Stow and Go seats (woo-hoo!) Offered more standard features at a lower price than the Ody LX and, particularly the Sienna LE. 7 year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty.

I finally decided to do some negotiating with a salesperson at the Dodge dealership. Here is the deal I have on paper ('haven't signed anything yet and the dealership is now closed until Monday.):

2005 Grand Caravan SXT with added options (Side Curtain Airbags, Power Liftgate, Rear Parking Assist and Power Adjustable Pedals, which I said I wouldn't pay for since I don't need them: $22,299 + TTL. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone else?
    2005 Grand Caravan SXT with added options (Side Curtain Airbags, Power Liftgate, Rear Parking Assist and Power Adjustable Pedals, which I said I wouldn't pay for since I don't need them: $22,299 + TTL. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone else?

That's a fantastic price. I paid over $23,000 +TTL, for my Dodge and didn't get adjustable pedals, rear parking assist or side airbags. My sticker was around $27,500. Did get 0% financing though.
    I finally decided to do some negotiating with a salesperson at the Dodge dealership. Here is the deal I have on paper ('haven't signed anything yet and the dealership is now closed until Monday.):

Sounds like a very good price. I bought my 2005 GC SXT (power liftgate, sunroof and tow package) for $19,500 but that was with DCX employee pricing. I'd say good deal. I'm very happy with mine, the "Stow N Go" seats clinched it for me!!
    Thanks for the feedback, marine2!

I had come up with a TMV of $21,130, so I will go through all the numbers once again. Although I was very pleasant, I had the feeling the salesman was irked by the end of the negotiations. (When I walked away for a few minutes, he said to my husband, "Well. Your wife has really done her homework.")

I wouldn't have had the same level of confidence if I hadn't found so much information in these forums and with the Edmunds pricing.

The salesperson tried to get me to leave a deposit and I refused. He said I have to come in Monday morning (end of the rebate period) to get the deal. They have the van on the lot at one of their stores across town. I am thinking of e-mailing that $22,299 figure to some othe dealers to see if they can do better. And if they can, I will take that number back to him. I don't really see why I need to rush to make the transaction on Monday morning, rather than Monday afternoon.

I don't want to be a "grinder," but if another dealer offers to sell the van for less.....? If no one will go lower on that price, then I know I've made a good deal.
    Where were you when I needed you? :cry:
    I went through the numbers again and actually I do think I did OK. I'm going in tommorrow and keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a straight forward deal from here. :)
    by the dealer would be inferior to having it factory installed? I'm guessing "no."

We have a '95 GC and the dealer tried a common trick (in '95) of having a virtually useless aftermarket ABS system installed. Fortunately, with the help of the NHTSA, we caught them on it and traded the van they sold us for one with factory ABS. (Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience.)

At least with the Parking Assist, it would be obvious immediately if it isn't working properly.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    "...The 2005 Ody:
    I didn't like the fact that you can't manually override the power sliding doors..."

Just a comment: since you're talking about the LX model, they don't offer power doors as far as I remember. Either I'm mistaking or you're talking about the EX version.

Your deal seems very good. I guess you're talking about the PREMIUM package you got, which includes automatic temperature control (which, BTW, is useless IMO), adjustable pedals, rear parking assist (Fantastic IMO) and power liftgate and sport suspension. I paid more for my van without the side curtain airbags.
    Yes, you're right about the LX. I had forgotten that the demo was an EX with 6,000 miles that the salesperson said she might be able to sell for the price of an LX. My brain is a little fried at this point. ;)

I was looking for the Premium Package (ANF) with the addition of side curtain airbags. The dealer wasn't able to find one in stock that didn't also include leather and a DVD player. Vans with side curtain airbags seemed to be in short supply, period. The closest (apparently) they could get was the SXT with power liftgate, the curtain airbags and power adjustable pedals and their service department will install the rear park assist. I will ask tomorrow why they happened to have such an odd combination of features on the van (did someone order it and back out, or was it ordered/sold and returned because of a problem?).

What is your experience with the automatic temperature control? I thought that might be an advantage to getting the Premium Package (and the touring suspension).

Thanks for your feedback!
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    That's a very good price. I love my GC SXT and am very glad I went with the Dodge over the other vans I drove.
  • ctdriverctdriver Member Posts: 5
    That's a great price. I'm looking for a similar SXT here in Connecticut.Few with the side curtain air bags. Found a linien gold on one dealer's on line inventory with the bags, power lift gate, 6 disc cd player and pedals. List for $29175. TMV with the $2500 rebate at 24,675 plus tax. Would also like the rear parking assist- have it on our 03 Explorer- but those don't seem to be available. Looked two weeks ago for that combination. Dealer said he could order one but it would take 12 weeks.
    Almost bought a Nissan Quest SL with it-parking assist and side air curtains but had second thoughts about buying another minivan. Also Quest does not have split third row seat. However after this weekend decided to reconsider buying a van.
    Will see if dealer can install the rear assist. Keep us posted on how well the dealer installed item works.
  • aidens_dadaidens_dad Member Posts: 2
    All seats slope a little, so your butt's a bit lower than your knees. On the stow and go seats it seemed much more pronounced.

But, since no one else seems to have noticed at all I can only assume we're seeing things ...feeling things.

We're just going to have to bring a carseat to the dealer and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments.
    "All seats slope a little, so your butt's a bit lower than your knees. On the stow and go seats it seemed much more pronounced."

I see what you mean. I took my level out and tried it on the front and middle seats.
    They both seem to have the same amount of slope to them. Check it out.
  • mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    The eight way power right front seat is now four way. The seat is now fixed at a very high position. Anyone have a solution?????
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    I wanted to let everyone know the deal I got on a new T & C '05 Touring model. Here's a breakdown of all options:

Leather Package
    DVD Entertainment
    Side curtain air bags
    Sirius satellite
    In Dash 6 CD player
    Power ajustable pedals
    removable cenetr front seat console

ALL FOR $23,735

I am just trying to determine if this is drive out or if it will include tax, tag and title. Either way it is KILLER deal. I just couldn't justify a Sienna with the same options.

:D
    You make me feel like I got robbed on my 2005 DGC. Good going, that was a fantastic deal.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Bad switch more than likely. Remove and check continuity between pins as it shows in the Service Manual.

You don't have the service manuals? Buy them on EBAY or from Chrysler or take your van to the dealer.

If it isn't the switch or a connection, I hope you are under warranty. The power seat track is not a repairable item and is only serviced by replacement!!!!!!!
    Thanks!! As long as your comfortable with your deal...then be happy. To be honest, I have no idea how this dealer is doing this deal. I am going in tomorrow morning to buy the car and am sort of ready for the "catch". I got quotes from about 5 other dealers and they ALL laughed and said if that is the deal I got, then go for it. They said there was no way to match the price. :shades:
  • mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    You misunderstand. Chrysler removed that function. The gears and associated pieces aren't on there. This is the design. The problem is it sucks. Just wondering if anyone has modified one to a lower position or actually re-engineered it to move up and down.
    I test drove an SXT Grand Caravan yesterday. My overall impression was good. My biggest complaint is the seat position is too high for me. I'm 5-8, even at its lowest position I had a hard time reaching the gas pedal. My wife is shorter so it'll be more difficult for her. Adjustable pedals now seem to be a must have for us, as well as the side airbags. The second row head room is very limited even for a short person like me. The van has a comfortable ride and handles ok. The engine is generally quiet but gets quite loud under full throttle acceleration. In comparison, the Odyssey is barely audible, and the Chevy Uplander is even louder than the caravan. Power seems to be lacking a bit as the engine frequently revs to redline to keep up moderate speeds.

Pricewise, the dealer wouldn't go lower than invoice minus rebates. Judging by the outrageous deals I see on these boards, apparantly one can do better than that. We'll see what real offers we'll get when we buy in a month.
  • lammypielammypie Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 05 T&C Touring w/Signature Series pkg for $26,150 del'd plus 5% MA tax in April with following options:

Leather
    Sunroof
    DVD Entertainment
    6 disk in-dash CD/DVD Changer
    Navigation

Hope it helps others determine if they're getting a good deal.

I have 2200 miles on it and have 1 problem dealer couldn't find. When I fill up and try to "top off" to round off the cents, it'll gas tank overfills if I try to put any more than $0.15. Does this happen to other 05 T&C owners?
    I test drove an SXT Grand Caravan yesterday. My overall impression was good. My biggest complaint is the seat position is too high for me. I'm 5-8, even at its lowest position I had a hard time reaching the gas pedal. My wife is shorter so it'll be more difficult for her. Adjustable pedals now seem to be a must have for us, as well as the side airbags. The second row head room is very limited even for a short person like me. The van has a comfortable ride and handles ok. The engine is generally quiet but gets quite loud under full throttle acceleration. In comparison, the Odyssey is barely audible, and the Chevy Uplander is even louder than the caravan. Power seems to be lacking a bit as the engine frequently revs to redline to keep up moderate speeds.

I was surprised to hear you say the seat sits to high in the DGC. I bought an SXT with power seat back in Dec. I am only 5' 6" with a 27"inseam and I have no problem reaching the peddles at all and mine are not adjustable. As a matter of fact, I find the seats in the DGC very comfortable.

I also don't mind the sound of the engine under full power. It gives a sound and feel of power.

As for head room in the second row seats, I find it has plenty for us. I also had a friend sit back there on a trip to Tucson and he never complained of head or leg room. He might have with leg room if I didn't have my seat up forward as he is 5'11".But I'm short so it gives the second row a lot more leg room.

But if you are finding that much fault with the Dodge and you haven't bought it yet.I would suggest you buy something else you'll like right from the start. I have had mine five months now and I couldn't be happier.
    I too find it difficult to believe anyone 5-8 would have trouble adjusting the driver's seat to reach the pedals and would have problems with headroom in the second row. I suggest you just are not taking advantage of moving the seat forward as well as down so the pedals are within reach.

Rear seat headroom in all minivans is very generous, so how someone your height could have headroom problems is hard to imagine.

We have a 1996 Caravan without the benefit of a power seat and I at 5'7" and my wife at 5'4" have never had an issue with reaching the pedals.

The overall interior dimensions haven't changed much from the 1996 to the current vans, so it boggles the mind that this could be an issue with anyone.

At 82,000 miles our 1996 SE Sport with the 3.3 V-6 runs and rides just as nice as when it was new. Only when really jumping on the gas do you even hear much from the engine. At normal accelerating rates and at freeway speeds it is very quiet.
    You guys might be right that I probably didn't move the seat close to the steering wheel enough. But I'd like to stay at a comfortable distance away from the airbag. When I sat with my back fully against the seat, It was difficult to floor the gas pedal, for normal acceleration it was ok. I had to lean forward a bit to floor it. My wife is 5-2 and I can imagine she will have a hard time for just normal driving. That said, after adjusting the pedals she said the driving position felt perfect. Too bad she didn't test drive that particular one. We had an SXT as a rental for 2 weeks, and my wife loved the versatility. She's really wanting to get a Grand Caravan. Another possibility is maybe the default pedal position is higher in a van not equipped with the adjustable pedals. That could explain the discrepancy.

As far as the second row head room, when I sat up straight my head hit the curved part of the door/roof, which was the real culprit and not the height of the roof. The 3rd row was not a problem as it was far enough from the side.

I'm glad you guys enjoy your vans, I hope they'll continue to serve you well. I'll let you know what we'll end up getting. Cheers.
    If it makes you feel any better, the airbags are dual stage, meaning they "explode" in proportion to the accident. So don't be afraid of getting close to it.

Wooo Hooo too!!! I just spent Saturday detailing my SXT..wheels, underhood, door jams and all!! it looks like new (well, it only has 3600 miles on it :)
    I am 5' 8" and my wife is 5' 0" and each of us can adjust the manually adjustable driver's seat in our 2002 T&C LX so we can be very comfortable. Our son in law is over 6' tall and he has sat in the 2nd row bucket seats and 3rd row seat and has had plenty of head room in any of the seats.
    Maybe the Stow-N-Go seats do not have the head and leg room of the regular DC minivans.
    I went out last month and bought some gold pin stripe for my SXT van. It wasn't hard to put on at all and it really made it stand out nice.
    Can someone please tell me if this is normal?

We just purchased a 2005 T & C and tried to put carseats in the middle set of seats. But, we could never get the shoulder belt to lock into place. When we pull the belt all the way out and wrap it through the child seat. The shoulder belt never locks as all my other cars I have owned have done. Is this normal? We had to go out and buy a seat that utilized the LATCH system. Please help!!
    We have a 2001 DGC EX. I sat in the 2005 DGC with the stow & go seats and noticed that you have less head room when walking from the front seats to the back of the van. I believe the reason is the floor is a little higher inside to accomodate the storage bins for the stow & go seats. Also, you have to be careful not to bump your head on the overhead rail system too. (I am 5' 7" by the way.) The stow & go seats are very neat and convenient, but I prefer the second row captain chairs and 50/50 third row bench. It's not often that the seats need to be removed in our van. If we need the extra space, we can tumble the seats forward or just fold the seat back forward in both rows to lay things on top of the seats. Are seats are very versatile. We can change the seats around in both the second and third row, which you can't do in any other minivan as far as I am aware. :shades:
    Hi fish8, could you tell me how much you ended up paying for your T&C? Thanks.