Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Your deal may have been better than you think! I need a little more info and I'll give you my opinion of your deal...

I'm assuming we're talking about a 5-door s Sport, is manual or automatic transmission? Does it have either the Bose/Moonroof/6CD or Technology Package? What about any other accessories or options?

I know you said the OTD price was $21,000, but how does that break down?
    How much is Sales Tax?
    How much is tax/title/registration?
    Where do you live?

Here's why I'm asking- I live in north Georgia and my best friend lives three hours away in Birmingham, Alabama. In GA, we pay the same sales tax rate on cars as any other purchase (7% in my county). In AL, they have special (lower) tax rates for automobiles. His county tax rate is 8% but the auto rate is only 3.375%. On a purchase price of $19,500, my GA tax bill would be about $710 more than my my friend in AL. The tag/title fees would cost well over $150 more in Georgia also...which means my OTD price for the same EXACT purchase price would be at least $850 more!

Based on your posting, it looks like you put $10k down and didn't have a trade-in? Most states only assess sales tax on new car price MINUS trade-in allowance, which can make a big difference in final cost. Since you didn't have a trade-in, you're stuck paying tax on the whole amount. A $10k trade-in allowance would save me $700 (7%) on the tax bill. I'd be spending $700 less which is what matters, but it's not $700 out the dealer's pocket...it's $700 less that the State of Georgia would get from me...
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • prcarprcar Member Posts: 1
    I also just bought a Mazda 3 sport hatchback auto (options - cargo net and mat and wheel locks) for $21K odt with 0% financing (no trade in) in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. As you indicated I could have reduced the taxes and doc fees somewhat if I had a trade in or financed less.

I tried to get email quotes from the 5-6 dealerships in the area with 3 responding. After a few days of back and forth they all came down to the same number and would not go below $21K. When I went to get the car, the internet manager said he knows what the other dealers quote. Maybe if they were running a dealer incentive I could have done better but I did have any leverage. Fortunately the deal at the dealership was exactly as quoted with no surprises/renegotiation and the sales manager and finance people were very friendly and professional.

The car is a lot of fun so I am happy with the deal.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We bought from them in 2005...literally just across the street. Good deal at the time for the wife's S sedan. Almost 76k miles later, she's rethinking her choice for a new ride next year. Have sat in a friends '10 i model and wasn't impressed. Seats are still hard and the cheaper alloys look well, cheap. The s model alloys are killer in my opinion. Will be interesting to see what she test drives. She likes that size car but wants a few "luxury" items this time around. She drives a lot for business so I can't fault her for wanting a nice ride.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• lvp0085lvp0085 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Mazda 3 i sport Auto with no options In Silver Spring, MD. Very simply put, I paid $14,100 for the car itself. OTD I paid $16,100 with all the basic fees/taxes. Also, 0% APR for 60 months when I financed with Mazda so I got the $500 cash back. Put down $6,000. The invoice I believe is around $16,000 depending which source you look at. I think I got a good deal.
    The funny thing is that another dealership (who i didn't buy from) hassled me and told me that price was too low and was below their cost, but what do I care about them? They tried to mark up their initial quote with mystery rebates.

I heard that a friend's friend also paid about the same for the same thing
  • bewildered2bewildered2 Member Posts: 13
    Thats a fantastic deal - I paid 14,401 and 16,716 out the door back in February at a dealership in Houston and i was thrilled. There was no more to squeeze out of them thats for sure! Congrats!
  • nori1900nori1900 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I wanted to see if this someone can let me know if this is a good deal for a 2010 Sport Hatchback Automatic transmission :

19,999 + tax and DMV
    (tax and DMV will probably be about $2,300)

I can get $500 rebate if I do 0% financing

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hi,

I got an offer from a dealer for a 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, MSRP is $19,475. I offered $800 down, with the rest of the fees and what not included on top of the 19475. Not sure what the value of the car was that we worked down to, but I was given an offer for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year, $225 per month. Should I bite, and what is a good target? I didn't want to spend over $220, but I'm thinking that after reading these forums that I might be able to do better. Also, if anyone out there thinks there is a better car to be had for $220 a month than the Mazda 3, I'm open to suggestions (I tried and hate the Civic).

Any input, as well as a decent target would be much appreciated. It's my first time leasing a car (I'm 23) and credit is a non-issue.
  • crashburn07crashburn07 Member Posts: 20
    As great a car as these Mazda 3s are, I wouldn't lease them. To me, it is much better to purchase. You'll enjoy them so much, you'll not want to stop driving it. Assuming that you have mileage limits, it'll be difficult to stay under. Besides, they are (or were) offering such great purchase incentives, it seems a shame not to take advantage of them.

As far as other lease options go, what are you looking for: luxury, sport/power, combination of the two...?

I recently purchased a Mazda3 s Sport hatchback (MSRP on the s Sport manual is about $800 higher than the 3i touring A/T) for less than your 3i, so yes...I think you can certainly do better.
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2010
    I really did like it on the test drive, but I'll be a full-time grad student for the next 30 or so months, so I figured a lease would be best because by the time I graduate and (hopefully) have a decent job, I'll be able to trade it in and maybe purchase a new one with the bigger engine and more features.

I figure if I can work the 3i touring a/t down to 18,500 including ALL fees, and a 36 month lease, with 59% resale value (read it on another forum) then I have to pay $210 a month to cover depreciation alone. I'm going in on Friday, so hopefully I can get it down to 215ish.
  • mchopefulmchopeful Member Posts: 5
    did you tried sierra mazda in morovia? we bought our 3s sport there end of the year. they got us best deal and very happy with their service.
  • redwoodsredwoods Member Posts: 1
    Great deal! I am also looking for same car in MD. Is this price $14,100 include $500 rebate and $500 cash back? Could you break down the OTD price? Thanks.
  • gerrygerrygerrygerry Member Posts: 22
    $18,125 + taxes etc.

Good deal???????

Master G
  • nori1900nori1900 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds great - what state are you located in?
  • crashburn07crashburn07 Member Posts: 20
    If it's a manual trans, it's a pretty good deal. The link below will show you that Mazda3 s Sport manual invoice is $18,305. If it's an auto trans, it's an excellent deal! Mazda3 s Sport auto trans. invoice is $19,051. The best some people are getting is $1000 under invoice, but yours is very good.

http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/2010_Pricing/mazda-3-prices.html
    Its an auto. I am buying it today and also getting the )% int for 5 years!
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    edited April 2010
    What would be a good ballpark figure on a '10 Mazda3s Sport hatchback with an automatic transmission and the moonroof/6CD/Bose package?

I'm in greater Nashville, Tennessee, if that helps.
    price $18,695.00
    tax $1,308.65
    tire $7.50
    doc fee $240.00
    reg fee $299.00
    total $20,550.15
    rebate $(500.00)

final total $20,050.15

they offered me to extend the 3yr 36,000 to 5 yr 50,000 coverage for $750 down from a msrp of 1990. is that a good price????
  • cc475cc475 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have recent buying experience with the Speed3?

Are there any buyer incentives, and is dealer holdback (if any) negotiable? :)
  • elantra08elantra08 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2010
    Has anyone recently bought a 3i touring or a 3s sport sedan? i would want the sunroof pkg for both. i am torn between the two and wondering where to start neg with dealer. The dealer told me that there is a $400 rebate if i dont take the financing. This would be my first mazda. Thanks for the help in advance.
  • pete22pete22 Member Posts: 80
    Kind of weird. I am talking to a deler about the 3i touring also but was told the opposit I get a 500 extra rebate if I take the financing. Did not see a offer or financing or rebate.
  • elantra08elantra08 Member Posts: 15
    So if i take financing then there is a $500 additional rebate? i know that there is a $500 rebate for mazda owners, which i would not qualify for as i do not own a mazda. I think my local dealer is giving me some bs
    Well seems as if my dealer gave me some BS too. Told me that there is the 500 additional rebate to buy. So drove 30 miles down there to be told that it was a mistake by Mazda and withdrawn. Said it was only valid in Southern California and I am in Northern CA. I call BS as he said the deal was on one day but gone the next when I came down there.
    I was able to get my 2010 mazda 3 sport HB for $1700 under invoice and the 0% for 5 years. The dealer in Silver Sptings MD would have gone to $2700 under inoice but I did not want to drive there fro NJ
    Plus they sometime bait and switch you after the drive. I've had situations where I drove a long distance for a car for the guy to "suddenly" realize they only had last years model. Their thinking is that they have you anyway if you invest time in the trip.
  • diehard080diehard080 Member Posts: 19
    Well _ I must disagree with buying in August - Right now Mazda has 0% financing for 5 years on the 3 - not the speed but ANY of the other 3's and theres $500 from the factory + the dealer can usually give you another $1500 on top and if you have a Mazda loyalty get you another $500 ---and if you wait til August the pickins are slim so dont count on a specific color or even possibly getting the exact trim you want ---but you can be guaranteed of one thing 0% for 5 years could be gone and the economy could dictate a rapid change so how much better could it get than now? not much + you can get exactly what U want . Just my opinion ;)
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Which dealer in NJ did you purchase from?
    Ramsey.
    Base price was actually $18,165
  • johnnybhaijohnnybhai Member Posts: 5
    The Mazda dealer in Silver Spring - is that the Koons?
  • raduderadude Member Posts: 50
    Just got a Mazda 3 s GT auto sedan with Moonroof package for $3,256 under invoice.

Dealer was Ramsey Mazda, NJ. Highly recommended.

Jason, their sales manager was extremely helpful and honest from the beginning. Probably my easiest negotiation and car buying experience.

Anyone looking to lease a new Mazda 3, I would recommend doing it this month since the manufacturer offers $1,550 Mazda Customer Lease Support rebate and a $500 Owner Loyalty Cash rebate.
  • dbor131dbor131 Member Posts: 3
    Great deal! Can you come negotiate mine?

How did dealer sell for $3,256 under Invoice ($19,424 by my math)? Did you mean MSRP?

I qualify for $500 Owner Loyalty Cash, but have not seen info on $1550 Mazda Customer Lease Support rebate...can you provide details?

Thanks and enjoy your new ride.
    Dbor,

The negotiated price was $19,862.
    The invoice was $23,118
    MSRP $24,445

According to the dealer, the price he gave me was the lowest possible price he can do without loosing money. It includes:

$1,550 Mazda Customer Lease Support
    $500 Owner Loyalty Cash
    $456 dealer's hold-back
    $750 dealer money, that they get at the end of the month for every vehicle sold

If you look at the current lease specials posted on mazadausa.com website and expand the details on a Mazda 3 lease, you will see that it includes the $1,550 Mazda Customer Lease Support. It's not a widely publicized rebate but it's is available this month.

Good luck with you lease/purchase!
  • guerrero6879guerrero6879 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2010 i touring on mar 31st. my OTD price was 18890. I got the 0%financing for 60months. Passed over this forum and just wanted to know how I did considering this was my first ever new car purchase.
    Sounds like a pretty good price depending on you state. I am in California so the state tax is high. Best out the door price I was offered was 19176. I am hoping that they will add a cash back offer after June 1st when the current deals expires.
  • guerrero6879guerrero6879 Member Posts: 2
    I live in florida and was told otd would be 18300, of course when i got there, i was given the whole we dont include tag and title in our otd price. they added 500 and some kind of doc stamp fee. i was refunded about $90 for overpayment for plates...so actually it was more like 18800 OTD
  • nynjanynja Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

I will be getting my 3 this week from Chapman Mazda in South Jersey. I'd like to know if what I got below is a good deal or not:

i Touring - Gunmetal Blue Mica
    Automatic
    Moonroof & Bose Pkg
    Fog Lights
    Rear Wing Spoiler
    All Weather Floor Mats
    Wheel Locks
    Anti-Theft Alarm System (they are getting it installed by CarToyz in Pleasantville)
    (they haven't specified on the alarm's details yet)

*They're picking it up and driving it up from Washington D.C. Apparently there aren't any other dealers in my tri-state area that has what I'm looking for.

0% APR for 60 months (ends June 1st, wish I had more time)

OTD price: $22,002.43

I tried getting them to chip in the Mud Guards or Cargo Mat, but they wouldn't budge.

Thanks in advance for your input!!!
  • sparko101sparko101 Member Posts: 7
    I'm being offered the 3s Grand Touring A/T with the following:

Technology Package
    Moonroof/6 CD/Bose Package
    Remote Engine Start
    Wheel Locks
    Moonroof Deflector

My figures show the
    MSRP: $26,255
    Invoive: $24,368

The car, with $500 cash back and 0% financing is being offered at: $23,842 + fees. My gut tells me i should be able to get closer to the $23K figure. Any advice welcome.
    Sparko,

The dealer can still go lower.There is the $460 hold back and the $750 dealers rebate. If they apply those to the price it will be $22,630.
  • sparko101sparko101 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks.

I'm guessing he is going to want to keep his holdback, so I should go after the $750, knowing he still has his buffer. So, $23.1K might be the number for this vehicle.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    I was offered today, for the grand touring AT with moonroof pkg. and tech. pkg. $23,165. Another dealer offered $23,264. These quotes were thru the internet depts. and were right off the bat, no haggling.
  • wje_87wje_87 Member Posts: 1
    I found a used 2010 Mazda 3 Sport with no options and 31000 miles on it. It seems to have been used as a rental car. Asking price is 15000+fees. I am not sure where pricing for this car should be since it has all the miles on it. Thanks in advance.
  • bewildered2bewildered2 Member Posts: 13
    Bad!! You should be able to buy a new one for 15k. I paid 15,700 out the door for the same model and 58 miles on it. My suggestion is to negotiate a new one if you have 15k to spend. Plus rental cars are abused!
  • sonnyrockersonnyrocker Member Posts: 127
    I agree with Bewildered. i Sport? That is the basic model. Price is too high for it if it has 31K miles on it, and it was a rental. No way.

I purchased my 2009 model (which I prefer the look of it over the new model) at $15.5K OTD, and it was an i Touring, tinted windows and spoiler included, Brand new.
    I know the older model's resale value is really high right now because of the the new 2010 model which is different styling. Sounds to me they are trying to sell it based on the resale trend of the older model, which shouldn't be used to compare to the new. Just my 2 cents.
  • luraganluragan Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the mazda3 itouring auto gunmetal blue for 19010.36 at Ramsey Mazda in NJ. Open road mazda in eastbrunswick who is closer to me couldnt budge below 19357 , so sent emails to some dealers for OTD price and Ramsey was the lowest and also the only one who confirmed exactly OTD saying no hidden fees. Honored the price exactly. Great experience buying from them, just went there and accepted the offer. Also was able to get 0% financing on the full amount with out any down payment.
  • shereshere Member Posts: 3
    Hi i and my husband when to mazda dealership the quote they provided us for lease for i touring is $2170 cash out with $199 a month lease for 42months...10k m/year, waranty is for 36 months..

I am having a feeling they are too high...cause ramsey mazda is providing $189/mo lease for 36 months $0 down.. Can you help us if you have any idea what will be a good deal for lease and where.. I wanted to have s touring but i know it's way too pricey but if there is a good deal for lease, why not...

Thanks
  • johnnybhaijohnnybhai Member Posts: 5
    Paid 19,327 OTD. Fairfax, Virginia.
  • jeffb1jeffb1 Member Posts: 42
    Hi all,
    Just curious if anyone has knowledge of any option package changes for the 2011 model year? I want a Mazda3 S GT (because of leather, adaptive headlights etc), and in particular the intelligent key (push button start), but you have to spend $2600 (tech pkg AND bose/moonroof) to get pushbutton! What bugs me is I didn't have to add those packages on my 2009 mazda6 S GT to get the pushbutton start, so it seems ridiculous I'd have to on the Mazda3 S GT. I'm hoping the 2011 model won't require BOTH of those pkgs (especially the bose/moonroof). Any help regarding what's in store for 2011 is much appreciated. Thx! Jeff B.
  • elmatador99elmatador99 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Mazda 3 Hatchback Grand Touring with Moonroof and Tech. Package.
    MSRP:$26,285
    Invocie:$24,608
    My Price: $23,308
    OTD -$26,023
    -Cerritos, CA.

Good Price?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,946
    Well, the thing you need to be sure of is that you are comparing similar cars. The Ramsey deal sounds like it is probably a base model. Is that what you looked at and got a quote for at the 2nd dealership?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• shereshere Member Posts: 3
    yes same model of car.
  • sonnyrockersonnyrocker Member Posts: 127
    Lease is a terrible deal. why would you lease instead of buy? you will only have to pay a little more money and you can own it. Once you pay off the car, and since it is a Mazda, you can probably drive it for another 5 years payment FREE. Leasing is like giving your money away to the dealer.