Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    :D

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• bobacdigitalbobacdigital Member Posts: 10
    I dont see anything you just posted..
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    sorry. Its just a laughing car face. found your post humorous. I hope that's how you intended it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Oh I see it now, and ya I was just joking.
  • ersulaersula Member Posts: 3
    -0% for 60 months
    -$500 Cash Rebate

Selling cost $18,000 (MSRP $19,600)

Think I can get the cost down near $16,500?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    because dealers have been known to produce inaccurate invoices.

That is not common anymore. If you go to more then one Mazda dealer, and the invoice look the same, then the invoice is real.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    Does Mazda still do it? Can't find on 2010 or 2011 specs?
    2010 Mazda MAZDA3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback w/moon roof package (auto)

MSRP 22,630
    Dealer Invoice: 21,147
    Standing offer: 18,700 + TTL

what yall think of the price i was given?
  • abbie2001abbie2001 Member Posts: 1
    Do you all think the 0% will be extended?
  • jmh9jmh9 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Austin, Texas. Roger Beasley Mazda offered me a 2010 Mazda3 i Touring with 0% for 60 months for $19,217. Is that a good deal? Could I get a better price?

Thanks,
    JMH9
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    is this $19,217.00 before TTT or out the door price...my girlfriend down here in south fla recently purchased a 2010 mazda 3 i touring with auto for $17,666.00 plus TTT.however,prices do vary according to what part of the country your in..
    That includes TTL. They told me that TTL was about $2000.
  • jimischenkjimischenk Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Mazda3 i Touring sedan A/T with the moonroof and bose sound package for $18,500. Qualified for the 0% with $500 customer cash and $500 owner loyalty program. I thought it a pretty good deal. Got a price quote from one dealership in Milwaukee and took it another for matching.
  • dublin3dublin3 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    yeah, sounds about the same as mine - $19,000 OTD in NJ (including 7% tax) with A/T i touring, bose package, gunmetal blue. that included a $500 rebate bc my employer is a mazda affiliate
    2010 Mazda MAZDA3 s Sport Hatchback w/moon roof package (auto) - Silver

MSRP 22,630
    Dealer Invoice: 21,147
    Purchased: 18,600 + TTL

No trade in's , and we had them tint the car as well. The gave us tint at cost, which is included in the above price.

Apparently to tint a hatch via third party in our area its about 299-399 with a lifetime warranty. Ended up getting it for about 99.
  • crashburn07crashburn07 Member Posts: 20
    Sound like an incredible deal!!!

Was silver the color you were hoping to get, or were you limited on choice?
  • nick1087nick1087 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone leased a mazda 3 sport for $200 or less a month? Anywhere from 36-42 months 12000 miles a year and $0 down. Is this even possible?
    Has anyone leased a mazda 3 sport for $200 or less a month? Anywhere from 36-42 months 12000 miles a year and $0 down. Is this even possible?

It depends on the tax rate, but, that would be a deal about $1,500 under invoice im guessing. Is that your target payment? Have any dealers gotten you to that payment?
  • nick1087nick1087 Member Posts: 3
    The tax in Connecticut is 6 percent, the closest I have got is $218 with very little negotiating and yes $200 is my target payment, I'm just curious how far I can push
    edited May 2006
    We wanted Silver, and it actually was selling faster than all the other colors.. Few dealers didnt even have the color anymore..
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Are you referring to the i Sport or s Sport model?

Mazda announced their newest lease incentives today and they are valid thru 9/30/10.

2010 Mazda3 i Sport 4-door A/T

$169/mo for 36 months
    $1763 due at Lease Signing (includes 1st pymt)
    Excludes taxes, title and fees
    MSRP of $17,105
    Based on Cap Cost of $15,006 after $1350 Mazda Customer Lease Support
    36,000 miles allowed, $0.15 per mile overage
    Lease-end purchase option- $10,713

2010 Mazda3 s Sport 5-door A/T
    $209/mo for 36 months
    $1803 due at Lease Signing (includes 1st pymt)
    Excludes taxes, title and fees
    MSRP of $20,485
    Based on Cap Cost of $18,386 after $1350 Mazda Customer Lease Support
    36,000 miles allowed, $0.15 per mile overage
    Lease-end purchase option- $12,953
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    igozoomzoom-

I was referring to the customer who wanted to lease a 2010 Mazda3 i Sport AT with $0 out of pocket and taxes and fees rolled into the payment and staying at $200/mo. By my figures, that is about $1,500 under invoice.
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2010
    aviboy97....Do such deals even exist for Mazda 3i touring edition in sedan version?
    $1500. below invoice? Of course this likely won't apply to 2011 models at this point.
    Which dealer would even come close in offering this in the NorthEast USA or in the
    south Florida market?
    Gotcha...I didn't even know it was possible to get a $0 down lease these days!?
  • gilmdb00gilmdb00 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 6 speed s Grand Touring Hatchback, liquid silver, with Bose package, for $21,300 at 0% for 5 years. They tacked on a frustrating $299 "dealer fee", but I couldn't get that removed.

Obviously, I went for it, so I think I got a pretty good deal, but I'd like to hear your thoughts or recent deals on this car.

In MA
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    These really suck. Was able to get it removed when we bought our M3s back in '05 the reason being we went through the internet department. Don't think we could do it again. Florida sucks in that almost all dealers have a $699 doc fee which is highway robbery in my humble opinion. There should be a $100. limit like most other states.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I ended up getting it for $19,000.
  • drolixdrolix Member Posts: 3
    I just paid 19,400 OTD for 2010 MZ3 iTouring with Manual transmission and dealer installed leather and heated seats in NJ. I didn't qualify for owner loyalty. Was this an okay price??
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    what was your price before TTT???my girlfriend just recently purchased a 2010 mazda 3 i touring with auto down here in south fla for $17,100.00..no leather or heated seats nor did she want or need them....no rebates either.....
  • pupcrazypupcrazy Member Posts: 5
    I've never done dealer financing before; this is all new to me.

I don't really want to wait until I'm sitting in the financing office chair with the employee throwing info at me, so educate me!

I would be putting a down payment down for at least half the cost of the car--I'm only 80% there on deciding.
  • brainfertilizebrainfertilize Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2010
    (I hope I'm not too late)
    That's not bad, but I think you might be able to do better.

I had Bankston Mazda in Ft Worth talked down to $17500+TTL for a 2010 Mazda3 iTouring AT in Graphite w/ Dune interior and 0% financing. No trade-in, no Mazda Loyalty bonus.

That works out to about $18800 out the door.

At the same time, they were offering me an identical 3 that had 912 miles on it for $17100+TTL, so that would be about $18400 out the door...no explanation of why it had over 900 miles on it...it had a few scratches on it, which made me feel disappointed enough that I test-drove a 2010 Mazda6, fell in love with it more than the Mazda3, and went with the 6 instead (see the 6 thread for details).

Freeman Mazda in Dallas will be very competitive w/ Bankston, but I liked the character of the people at Bankston better. I just noticed I can't post anyone's actual name.
  • brainfertilizebrainfertilize Member Posts: 46
    It depends on your credit.

I just got 0% financing w/ 0 down, and no payments for 90 days.
    My credit is pretty good to very good, tho I haven't looked at my score recently; I'm not expecting it to be a problem (but I have heard that car dealerships use their own confusing statistical amalgam of lots of credit scores. whatever).

Can you outline whether there are up-front "processing" fees (not the processing fees that refer to their advertising stuff etc that are usually nonnegotiable nowadays) to take advantage of their financing? Mazda's financing fee? (The amount per $1000 lent, I mean.)

I want to know what I'm expected to shell out for and when.
  • shugninxshugninx Member Posts: 1
    are doc fees required by law?
    are doc fees required by law?

Required? No. Permitted? Yes. Under that permission comes specific regulations and guidelines.

Usually, dealers have to apply for a doc fee from the state they operate their business in. By law, they do have to charge everyone equally with this fee, unless they have a wholesale license.
  • drolixdrolix Member Posts: 3
    Price before TTT but after leather and heated was around $17,700
    D.C.-area dealer's first offer for model with automatic transm and the moonroof/cd changer option only: $21,488 plus tax/tags/title/AND freight.

Clearly high for the first "negotiation" out of the gate, I believe.

And this has happened at 2 Mazda dealerships -- they add the freight costs in like that? Went to a different car manufacturer to compare its "version" of the Mazda3 hatchback and that freight was already accounted for in the MSRP.

Isn't that where it's supposed to be?

So pls weigh in on the offer, and why the freight comes in afterward?

(I'm still trying to find a 2010, but I'm getting discouraged)
    edited September 2010
    "(I'm still trying to find a 2010, but I'm getting discouraged)"

Here's what I found within 50 miles or so of the DC area that fit your specs (2010 MZ3 s Sport 5-door, AT, Bose/Moonroof package). I found at least 7, but color choices are limited-

Brown's Fairfax Mazda (Fairfax, VA)- Black/Black - $22,630
    Sheehy Mazda (Marlow Heights, MD)- Black/Black - $22,680 (wheel locks- $50)
    Gaithersburg Mazda (Gaithersburg, MD)- Silver/Black and Black/Black -$22,680

Brown's Chantilly Mazda (Chantilly, VA)- has the following three:
    Black/Dune, $22,720 - ($50 wheel locks, $40 cargo net)
    Graphite/Black, $22,735 - ($50 wheel locks, $200 autodim mirror/compass)
    Crystal White Pearl/Black, $22,920 - ($50 wheel locks, $40 cargo net, $200 Pearl Paint Charge)

Maybe one of those might work for you....good luck!
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    "I've never done dealer financing before; this is all new to me.

I don't really want to wait until I'm sitting in the financing office chair with the employee throwing info at me, so educate me!"

There's really nothing to it. You won't even need to talk to the salesperson about financing because you will be passed to the F & I salesperson for financing as well as extended warranty and other add-ons, which you can either purchase or decline. Dealer financing is no different than any other financing; it is based on your established credit worthiness. The dealership will "run your credit history" with one (or more) of the three credit bureaus to determine your score. I think anything above 720 on the FICO scale gets you top tier or the most favorable financing rate. A lower score will get you a higher percentage--and cost you more money in the long run--pretty straightforward.

Since you are putting down a significant down payment, perhaps you can--and should--try for a shorter loan term, which will save you potentially hundreds of dollars.

You can check your own credit score for free online once per year. Make sure you go to the correct website. Many say "free credit report" and then proceed to charge you for your scores. Also, negotiate the price of the car separately from any financing since you don't want to muck up the deal or find that the low monthly rate you got was because you ended up in a longer term loan. A good rule of thumb is if you can't pay it off easily in two-three years it's too expensive a car.

I bought my Mazda3 new in 2007 with 1.8% financing over two years. I, too, put down a big down payment. The finance charge for the two years totaled about $235.

Gogiboy
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2010
    "And this has happened at 2 Mazda dealerships -- they add the freight costs in like that? Went to a different car manufacturer to compare its "version" of the Mazda3 hatchback and that freight was already accounted for in the MSRP."

Did you try Fitzgerald Automall? They are much more upfront with their pricing and are in the DC area. Go to www.fitzmall.com. I have no connection to the dealership and don't even live in the DC area, but have heard that they have competitive pricing.

Don't forget that many posters on this and other prices-paid forums have a tendency to exclude important information like their trade-in or taxes weren't included in the "negotiated" deal. Also far too many people battle tooth and nail for the supposed best price and then give it all back to the bank or car manufacturer's financing arm through ridiculous long-term (5, 6, 7, even 8 year) loans.

Gogiboy
  • maserati86maserati86 Member Posts: 2
    What do you guys think about this offer? I know I can get a better deal on the 2010's, but I like the updates to the Tech package for the 2011's.

2011 Mazdaspeed3 w/ Tech
    MSRP: $26,605.00
    Selling price: $24,500.00
    OTD with 6% tax: $26,678.37
    $24,500 plus 6% tax ($1470) is $25,970. What all is included in the additional $708.37 in the OTD price of $26,678.37? It sounds like more than just tag/registration and title fee, but states vary so I may be wrong....just making sure there isn't some sneaky fee tucked in there....

$24,500 sounds like a pretty good price for the 2011 MS3 with Tech Pkg ($2,105 off MSRP).

The 2011 Tech Package updates are worth the extra cash, in my opinion. A 2010 MS3 would only save about $1300, if that much. You get the Bi-Xenon HID headlamps, Adapative Front Lighting System, Auto On/Off Headlight control, LED taillights and rain sensing wipers in addition to a car that's one model year newer! :)
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    If you are in the DC area, you must view the Mazda vehicles at Fitzgerald.com. They usually sell at or below invoice. I have purchased and looked at many vehicles in the DC area and I always use Fitz's prices as a starting point. Knowing, I can buy at a low price at Fitz makes it very easy to work with other dealers, they all know the Fitz price and will usually meet or beat that price. If they don't, I know I can always leave and go to Fitz and buy at a decent price.

Also remember, in MD the dealer documentation fee is only $99. That fee is much higher in VA - $399 in some cases.

Also, the Fitz price on the internet includes freight, which other dealers often exclude from their on line prices. This can result in confusion.

What you see on the Fitz web site is what you pay except for tax and title and the $99 documentation fee.

My only caveat about Fitz, like with any dealer, just say no to everything they offer in the finance office. That way you will get a good deal and you won't be bothered after the purchase that you may have purchased some product in the finance office which you did not want and which costs too much.
    I just took a look at the Fitz website and the advertised prices are great on most models...I'm in Georgia, but I bookmarked them because I'm planning to trade my '06 MZ3 in the next six months or so. I had horrible experiences at several Atlanta dealerships when I was shopping my '06 back in 12/05! I ended up buying it from a dealer in Knoxville, TN and driving over four hours each way to get it...but I got a great deal and very little hassle from them. I'm willing to consider any dealer within one day's drive for my next Mazda, so thanks!

They have one 2010 MZ3 s Sport 5-door still showing in stock. It's Black/Black, Moonroof/Bose package, Remote Start, SIRIUS, Rear Aero Flares and Rear Center Skirt, Bumper Step Plate, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat, All-weather floormats and Autodim Rearview Mirror w/ Compass (quite a few dealer-installed accessories). The MSRP is $24,795 but they are advertising the Internet Price as $21,603 and that's not their lowest price, apparently...you have to click to request a lower quote. But it sounds like a great deal even at $21,603!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• slavutaslavuta Member Posts: 9
    This is what we paid for our Mazda3s, right?

So here we go. Did everything over the phone and internet for 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Manual with no extra options.
    In the end, driving away with it for $18,000 including dealer fee, 6% tax, registration and tags in PA. So, I would say, the price of the car itself is $16,800. But... But it is including $500 Mazda loyalty discount because I have Mazda already.
  • jtc219jtc219 Member Posts: 3
    2010 i3 Touring Auto, Bose/moonroof. Chicago area.

19,360 - $500 cash back = 18,860 + tax
    This was the last gunmetal blue in the area. Dealer would have parted with a black one for 18,500.
  • ed_granted_grant Member Posts: 10
    I just bought a 2011 3 s sedan 6 speed/2.5L and bose moonroof for 17,400 (19,000 OTT) in Florida. MSRP was 21,629. Great deal. Love the car. Am adding the Sirus radio and leather for 1,200 from an installer of the dealer (faked a referral from the dealer!!!!).Will add engine mods from Corksports when the designs are done.
  • yy83yy83 Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer for a new 2010 Mazda3 iTouring AT sedan White. (no moon roof) for $17,898 out the door.

Also have a 2010 Mazda3 Sport AT Hatchback dark gray with 13k miles on it at $18,075 out the door.

This is in Florida

Having a hard time deciding.
  • ed_granted_grant Member Posts: 10
    I bought mine in Port Richey. There are better deals for new cars that these (2011). Try searching in cars.com and autotrader.com. Lealand in Miami and Yoemans in Daytona have really good deals.