Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra's need style and better colors

graphixchicgraphixchic Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Toyota
If you take a look at the tacoma pre-runners and
compare the style to the tundra's they look the
same except for a little bit more chrome/polished
steel. Why could'nt they have given it a
distinctive look like they did with the RAV4, its a
toyota but it has very different headlights,
grill, bumper, sidepanels, etc... than any of the
other toyota SUV/TRUCK models.

Then there's the color, either all dark colors or
very plain whites/grays. Where is the CARDINAL
RED/RADIANT RED or the HORIZON BLUE METALLIC/DENIM
BLUE MICA or even a bright YELLOW like the mr2
spyder. As you can see, my issues are not major
things like engines/transmission drivetrain, but
whats important to me, HOW IT LOOKS.

Comments

• tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    More flashy colors come in compact trucks while more neutrual colors come in full-size trucks (or bigger trucks for the measuring people). Although, as more Tundras are sold, i would expect more options to be available.

On the inside, the last decade has really mainstreamed the choices of interior colors to just two or three. It is presently too. There again choices are on the neutrual side. This is true for cars or trucks.
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    That oversized look is true with any manfacteur. Look at Ford, compare the ranger and the F150. Or chevy, the s10 and the silverado. And dodge does it the most, the dakota and the ram. There is definetely a pattern here. Actually the tacoma and tundra look less alike than the Big 3.
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    I love the looks of the Tacoma. I think It looks sportier than my tundra.
  • graphixchicgraphixchic Member Posts: 15
    make a pickup with the looks of the Montero Sport and the quality & reliabilty of the Tundra I would buy a dozen!
  • devil1devil1 Member Posts: 74
    In my eyes, the F-150 is the best looking, then the Tundra, then Chevy, then Dodge.

The ram does look too much like a rig or something. I liked it at first but it's due for a change, the grill's just TOO big. It's all mouth.

The F-150 though, when I see a black 4x4 flareside, It's just a big bad truck.

I wish the Tundra would come in a flareside, the Taco does.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    You see a Toyota truck on the street and you need to look close to determine if it is a PreRunner, T-100 or Tundra, I have never had a problem telling the difference between a Ranger and an F-150, S-10 or Silverado, Dakota or Ram. The reason is obvious, The Toyotas are so close in SIZE and LOOKS that is hard to tell.
  • page62page62 Member Posts: 30
    You have to stand next to it to see if it's a Tacoma or a Tundra. If it's bigger, it's a Tundra. But Toyota buyers purchase their vehicles for their "reliability," not their looks.

And this leads to another Tundra issue: intimidation factor (as in "ain't got none). Let's face it, the Tundra grille doesn't scream "get out of the way!" And if I were to put brush guards on it, I'd look as ridiculous as the people who put 'em on one of them there Mercedes SUVs (looks like a minivan to me, but that's another thread).
    The only grill that screams get out of the way is the Dodge Ram.. which to me was really neat when it came out, but I am sick of the "Big Nose" look to it. It's style is dating. I like the Ford and Toyota..
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I saw one Tundra with a brush guard - IMO it looked out of place. It could be my imagination but it looked like it made the front end of the truck sag so the back end looked higher that the front. Reminded me of my high school days when we jacked up the backs of our cars so we could put 60 series tires on them. Back then I thought it looked good, today I think it looks dumb.
    A brushguard could weigh that truck down enough to notice any difference. It must be your imagination..

Anyway, I was looking at Tundra's today and found a very pretty color:
    Stellar Blue Pearl. It's a metallic blue that's real pretty. The other two pretty colors are the Red and the Black.. (typical, but pretty)
  • bud_light_dudebud_light_dude Member Posts: 330
    Gee, thats exactly what I want my "truck" to be referred as....."pretty".

Hmmmmm.
  • tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    I believe yours would be referred to as pretty ugly.
    Let me rephrase this so Bud Light Dude will think it's "Cool"

I saw a kick [non-permissible content removed] color on the Tundra called "Stellar Blue Pearl". Made that truck look so damn tough.
    I am very glad you feel that way. I would be ashamed to have a little puke like you associated with GM.

Stick with that superior Tundra that throws valvetrain parts to the side of the road. I will keep driving my inferior, ugly Silverado and wave and honk at you as I drive by, while pulling my new 21 foot Champion Bass Boat to the lake.

Good luck on this one now.
    Your taste in boats is excellent. We also have a Champion. Your truck choice still needs some work, however. LOL Good Fishin'
    It's a 203 Elite model(1999).
    Hmmmm...... maybe you have a little taste afterall. I guess maybe I will pick you up if I see ya on the roadside. although, my extended cab's roominess would spoil you and you wouldn't want to drive your Tundra anymore.....:)
    If you stopped, I'd just ride in your boat! LOL

Also, you mentioned in another topic about me being civil. I'm really a civil person. I just like to needle people a little every now and then.
    Especially if they SEEM to get angry. It is all in good fun. I'll admit that I'd be driving a Silverado now IF it would fit in my garage AND IF the tranny on my 95 Blazer(along with several other troubles) had not caused me so much grief and $$$$$. Enjoy.
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.