Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    Taking my 2008 in for some service. Not sure I want to buy yet, but as long as I am there, what cut-rate bid should I make for either an i Sport or an i Touring? 2013s. Thanks.
  • mazda3gslmazda3gsl Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2013 mazda 3 on jan 3rd. It is the top of the line for the mazda 3 sky here in Canada. Has almost every option besides the NAV and the blind spot sensors..I paid $30,500.00 (cdn) tax in for it here. They say you should get 900-1000 km's to a tank. I only got 550 on the first tank..I do have studded tires on it for our winters here and the engine is not broken in yet, but I can't see that making that much of a difference..I only ended up with close to half the Km's per tank as advertised...Anyone???
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    edited February 2013
    ... you should get 900-1000 km's to a tank. I only got 550 on the first tank
    Take heart.

Canadian winters are rough on fuel economy especially if you are prone to warming up the car extensively. My own experience has been winter driving decreases fuel economy figures by 10% or more.
    You may want to give it a couple more months and see how the numbers compare in the spring/summer.

Personally I have found Consumer Reports provides the most accurate predictions of fuel economy. CR gives an excellent rating to the SkyActiv versions of the Mazda 3. The SkyActiv mpg numbers are 22 city, 43 highway, 32 overall. BTW you may want to deflate your expectations as the cruising range is 465 miles or roughly 750 km according to CR.

Another tip: do not wait until the gas tank is empty to fill up the car in winter; condensation in the tank can affect the performance of the car.
  • rabidpeachrabidpeach Member Posts: 4
    Please, tex78, is 17300 OTD (including tax dealer fee and reg?) or is it just the sale price?
    It seems most people are opting for either a gt hatch or itouring sedan. I've only found one price mentioned for itouring hatch here.

I hope that some of you might have insight into its pricing. Essentially, is it possible to break through 19k OTD (including tax tag and fees) on an itouring auto hatch? Based on initial estimates, I'd like to think that breaking through 20k though I'm not sure....

Are these realistic options to hold out for or just pull the trigger on what's available?

All prices out-the-door.

Thanks for your help!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Are you talking about a 2012 i Touring 5-door or only a 2013 model?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Howdy,

I am mid-negotiation and it looks like i've hit a wall with my dealers. lowest seem to get is 18869 sale for 20571 OTD on a 2012. 2013 is roughly 1000 over.
    As I write this I've had a call from one that brings the price of a 2013 down to within $300 of the 2012 to 20884. So I think I'll go with that. Is this reasonable?

I was wondering if there's an imaginary 20k OTD wall on 2012s. (itouring hatch auto)

sorry to leave this detail out!
  • rick2014rick2014 Member Posts: 2
    I suggest that you should do a little more research about the price and quality of this car. I just bought 2013 Mazda 3 i touring on Monday, Feb. 18. I made a mistake that I didn't take time to research before I went to buy it. However, I don't concern much about the price since I got it at the fair price but not the best. I'm actually more worry about the quality of the car. Keep this in mind, once you signed the contract the car is yours and can't exchange unless it the safety issue and they can't fix it. For example, I have two issues with my Mazda 3. 1) The hood is not properly installed. It visually notices that it’s off to the driver side that leave passenger side gap is wider. 2) The alignment is way off. I took it back to the dealer on the next two days later. The 40 years experience sale man said, "It's normal for the mass product car." He tried to show 3 other new cars but none of them have the same hood problem as my car. Then, I had to make an appointment to bring my car in for alignment and hood adjustment on Monday, Feb. 25. And the best courtesy is to drop me off at home. Finally, they could only fix the alignment but not the hood. I think even though it's the mass product car, Mazda should produce it right at the first time before selling it to the consumer. Honestly, I bought two other new cars in the last 6 years and did not encounter such problem. My advice to all new car buyers:
    1) Inspect every inch of the car you want to test drive
    2) Test drive the car focus on the alignment as well as its comfort and performance
    3) Negotiate the price, don’t let them fool you (Do your research for the national OTD average sale price) minus any incentives
    4) Inspect and test drive the car again before signing the contract
    5) Be patient and walk out if you don’t get the deal you want
    6) The dealers are only LOYAL to your MONEY not their product as Mazda of Stockton sold to me the car without having the proper quality control.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey of buying a new car!
  • rick2014rick2014 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought 2013 Mazda 3 i touring Skyactive on Monday, Feb. 18. I learned this the expensive way that I didn't take time to research before I went to buy it. However, I don't concern much about the price even though I paid $22,006.20 OTD (with moonroof, 10 speakers Bose system, and blind spot sensor options) . I'm actually more worry about the quality of the car.

Keep this in mind, once you signed the contract the car is yours and can't exchange unless it the safety issue and they can't fix it. For example, I have two issues with my Mazda 3. 1) The hood is not properly installed. It visually notices that it’s off to the driver side that leave passenger side gap is wider. 2) The alignment is way off. I took it back to the dealer on the next two days later. The 40 years experience sale man said, "It's normal for the mass product car." He tried to show 3 other new cars but none of them have the same hood problem as my car. Then, I had to make an appointment to bring my car in for alignment and hood adjustment on Monday, Feb. 25. And their best courtesy is to drop me off at home.

Finally, they could only fix the alignment but not the hood. I think even though it's the mass product car, Mazda should produce it right at the first time before selling it to the consumer. Honestly, I bought two other new cars in the last 6 years and did not encounter such problem. My advice to all new car buyers:
    1) Do some price researches and plan what you are willing to pay for the car you like.
    1) Inspect every inch of the car you want to test drive
    2) Test drive the car focus on the alignment as well as its comfort and performance
    3) Negotiate the price, don’t let them fool you (Do your research for the national OTD average sale price) minus any incentives
    4) Bring a pen with you and during price negotiation, write down any prices they're offering to you. Keep in mind they could change the number as they went back to adjust the price for you. Watch out for the incentive they took out for you at the first time because they could take it out without you notice i. EX. $22,369.00 to $21,969.00
    5) Inspect and test drive the car again before signing the contract (avoid to close the deal at night since it's hard inspect the car for the last time.)
    6) Be patient and walk out if you don’t get the deal you want
    7) The dealers are only LOYAL to your MONEY not their product as Mazda of Stockton sold to me the car without having proper quality control.
    8) Don't trust any dealers....

PS: Do I plan to buy Mazda again? The answer is that I have to think twice about it. If I do, it won't be from Mazda of Stockton.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey of buying a new car!
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    It visually notices that it’s off to the driver side that leave passenger side gap is wider.
    Interesting. Could you post a photo showing the hood problem?

I bought two other new cars in the last 6 years ... 8) Don't trust any dealers
    Did you have problems with the previous dealers?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    I find it amusing that you didn't follow the exact advice that you are giving to others...and then posting it twice! I know it was an error on the reposting but the tone of your post is just comical to me...like we're being scolded and all and then saying that the price doesn't matter to you as you can well afford it. The fault here is yours sir and not Mazda's. We checked our Mazda from top to bottom to make sure all was o k and we don't have money to burn. Just take personal responsibility here sir and be done with it. You are blaming Mazda for your lack of due care and sounding all high and mighty to boot!

In the future, follow your own advice and remember one thing my grandmother always told me,"You can get more with honey than vinegar"! If you treated the sales folk as your written tone seems to be, you got what you deserved sir! It ain't their fault!!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I ran across this deal yesterday afternoon and even confirmed that they still have this car available as of 8pm last night....

It's a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring SKYACTIV 4-door w/ 6-speed Manual Transmission

MSRP is $19,495, but Internet Sale Price is $14,772

Liquid Silver w/ Black Cloth
    2.0L 155hp SKYACTIVE 4-cylinder
    6-speed Manual Transmission
    Rated at 27mpg City and 39mpg Highway

Power Windows, Door Locks and Side Mirrors
    Remote Keyless Entry
    Cruise Control
    Tilt/Telescope Steering Column
    6-speaker AM/FM/CD/SIRIUS-ready Audio System
    Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone & Audio
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear Shift Knob
    Steering wheel mounted audio & hands-free phone controls
    16” Alloy Wheels

At $14,772 it is priced almost $1k less than the Private Party Value for a identical USED 2012! I wish I was in a position to snag it for myself and I would have put a deposit on it last night! But I'm in the middle of a freakin' Mortgage Re-fi and my hands are tied behind my back until it closes...story of my life!

Anyway, this car is at Cory Fairbanks Mazda in Longwood, Florida 32750. Their number is 1-866-698-0572.

http://www.bigmazda.com/new/Mazda/2012-Mazda-Mazda3-ea99dc650a0d0669016d864e645c- 9705.htm#">2012 MZ3 DEAL
  • stephen16823stephen16823 Member Posts: 3
    If it makes you feel any better, the "internet price" doesn't mean jack. They've probably applied every rebate they can think of even if most buyers don't qualify (current mazda owner + veteran = $1000) and then you can guarantee there's another $800-$1000 in "fees" that aren't included in this price.

Having said that, the 2012 Mazda3 is, I think, the best deal on the market right now. Of course, i'm biased because I bought one two weeks ago! Got a similar deal at $17,200 out the door and if you subtract taxes and fees the actual sale price of the car was about $16K - $500 current mazda owner rebate.
    I know the internet prices are often b.s. and I ran into a lot of that when we bought our 2012 CX-9 a few months ago. They were showing prices with the $500 Owner Loyalty and $500 Military rebates applied. I qualified for the Loyalty since I have a 2006 Mazda3, but not the Military. I ended up rbuying from a dealer who didn't do that on their website. They just listed general discounts ("Minimum of $7000 discount off MSRP on all 2012 CX-9s). I ended up getting a total of $7978 off MSRP, paid a $499 (fill-in-the-blank) fee, sales tax and $66 tag/title fees. I also got KBB for my trade-in and it wasn't really worth it and I paid cash and didn't buy anything from the F&I manager (who already hated me for refusing to finance). If I was meant to finance it, my grandma wouldn't have died and left me the money to buy it!

All of that is to say that I know their tricks. The dealer with the super cheap 2012 i Touring has a $399 non-negotible fee and no rebates are included in that advertised price. So a current Mazda owner or Military should be able to buy it for $14,671 ($14,772 minus $500 plus $399 fee) plus TT&T. Florida dealers actually don't collect Sales Tax for Georgia residents if you will be transporting the car out of the state immediately. So I could write a check for $14,671, unless they lied in the email they reply they sent me. Of course, I can't write a check for that amount because I spent all my freakin' money on a CX-9...which I actually LOVE! And they made my 2007 Explorer go away, I had to fight back the tears of joy as they pulled it around to the back lot and I new I'd never have to see it, drive it or PAY TO REPAIR IT again!!! I can't help but wonder what they did with it- did they box it up and ship it back to HELL or just send it to auction?
  • mazdaowner5mazdaowner5 Member Posts: 1
    Excellent deal. Actually I found that internet prices were pretty good. Just bought at 2013(built in January) Mazda 3 Sedan Touring Automatic for 16.3k(18k out the door with high CA taxes), including $500 discount plus $500 loyalty. No extra fees.
    How much was your final otd price on the truck? I did the same thing back in '06 with my Civic. They wanted me to finance but my grandma had done the same thing as yours and I put the max on my credit card and wrote a check for the balance and didn't buy a thing in F&I...they were not pleased but hey, it's my $ and I spend it as I see fit. A nice feeling not to have to finance a vehicle and just buy it free & clear.

The wife's Mazda3s is closing in on the 117k mark and the service engine light has not re-appeared since Wednesday, maybe it just was the gas cap after all. I do not want to spend another dime on it and pray the a/c doesn't go out again...works on fan speed 3 & 4 only now, but hey, it still works! Glad we did the motor mounts as she purrs like it did the 1st time we drove it off the lot. Very impressed with how well this Mazda has held up over the years. All it needs is to remove the oxidation from the headlights and a good detail and it'll shine like new. Will re-schedule the detail since the light has not come back on and limp it through till the 2014 models arrive.

She insists that she wants to downsize so we'll seriously look at the Mazda2 along with the Accent and Rio. Tried the Fiesta but it wasn't what she wants. Just wish the Mazda2 came in a sedan then I think she'd definitely buy it as we like Mazda and the dealer is so close...just across the street. I prefer the Rio over the Accent due to the styling inside and out but the Hyundai store is next door to the Mazda place. We shall see what happens come the end of this year...i like to buy the last week of any year as folks are spending their cash elsewhere and good deals can be had especially on the 31st.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    In Illinois, 23,800 minus a thousand loyalty? Good deal?
  • tgif1386tgif1386 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Just become a proud owner of a 2013 iTouring HB, AT, with wheel locks and bumper guards. $18,140 plus TT&L with 0% financing. I am in S. Cal. :)
  • chris343chris343 Member Posts: 8
    Got a Mazda 3 iTouring sedan for 19000 OTD in Dallas, Town North.
  • bogohobogoho Member Posts: 24
    Did you use loyalty or military rebates to get to this price?
  • chris343chris343 Member Posts: 8
    No, the price before TTL is about 17600. But we only got 2.6% for finance.
  • bogohobogoho Member Posts: 24
    17800 + 200 doc fees + ttl.
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    Car_man or whomever might be able to help:

I'm looking at a 2012 iTouring Auto Sedan with an MSRP of 20,545 in zip code 66502 (Kansas). What's a good price to go for with this? The dealer is saying that there's a 2250-2500 incentive reimbursement to the dealer (heard 2500 first, then 2250) and I haven't tried to take him down any further yet. What number should I shoot for before tax?
    Is it also wrong to refuse their ~$200 admin/document fee?

Also, would Mazda's 0 percent financing still apply for this vehicle if the price is reduced? The dealer claimed it would not.

Thanks,
    Will_KSU
  • torvaktorvak Member Posts: 2
    tgif1386:
    $18,140 is a very good price!
    I have an offer in hand for 2013 iTouring HB, AT with no extra options for $18,940. And that includes the S-plan, $1000 loyalty, $500 for using 0% financing. Wonder if the distance from the sea makes so much difference - I am in Michingan
  • x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Your price is not bad either. What color is your car? I also get the Mazda Total Care extended warranty for $810 ($100 deductible, 72/100K coverage)
  • torvaktorvak Member Posts: 2
    Graphite Mica. My 2006 Mazda3i is black in and out. After 6 years and 118,000 decided to go for a lighter color.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Which dealer in SoCal? Salesperson?
    Will_KSU-

Thru 04/30/2013, Mazda has the following Dealer Cash (aka- Marketing Support) incentives in place-

$2250 - can't be used with Mazda Capital Services Special APR financing

$1000 - can ONLY be used in conjunction with Mazda Capital Services Special APR financing

$250 - Bonus Cash, can be used in conjunction with $2250

Special APR Financing
    24-60 months - 0.0% APR
    72 months - 1.9% APR

So it's either $2500 and no 0% financing OR

$1000 + 0.0% Financing Deal

I just used your ZIP to get Edmunds TMV price for the car and here is what I got-

MSRP- $20,345
    Invoice- $19,497
    Edmunds TMV- $16,821

So I would shoot for about $17,000 plus their $200-ish Admin Fee plus Tax, Tag and Title. You may also want to go thru the Edmunds 'Get a Dealer Quote' system is they won't come close to that deal. A dealer in Edmunds' network should be willing to sell it to you for TMV-

http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/2012/options.html?style=101413975#step1
    Our '05 S model has just under 119k but the a/c is wonkey and the cold air only works on setting 3 & 4...waiting till it stops all together to fix it as hate to throw any more $ at this vehicle after spending $500 and change on three motor mounts in 2012. Car does drive like new now though and wifey loves her silver baby. If the a/c is an inexpensive fix, I'll just do it and get another year out of it. And if we do trade, the a/c has to work but with this mileage, does it really matter? The car does move when one hits the gas pedal...nicely!!!

• pkp22pkp22 Member Posts: 17
    What's a good out the door price for a 2013 2.5 grand touring manual? Sales tax is 6%.
    Out The Door (OTD): 21151.75 (including tax and title and their "fees")
    = 19336 for car. (excluding)

Feb 28 2013. we are in eastern CT shopping at modern mazda.

no options. silver.
    Location?

Sedan or Hatchback?
  • pkp22pkp22 Member Posts: 17
    Sedan in Philly area.
  • frank123hufrank123hu Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to get the 0% APR financing on this deal? I've gotten several quotes around the Houston area, and none of them are close to 16,300...
  • flickoflicko Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone else confused by the incentives? I'm not sure how much it varies by area currently, but edmunds lists $1,000 in customer cash as well as another $1,000 under Marketing Support as dealer cash through the Dealer Engagement program. Both aren't available with special rates through Mazda. Does this mean there is currently $2,000 available if you don't take the financing?
  • vigosvigos Member Posts: 6
    hey flicko, believe that igozoomzoom answered that a couple posts above yours, does that help?
  • flickoflicko Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Sorry I should've clarified in my post as well as the title that I'm referring to incentives for the 2013 hatch itouring Auto. I believe igozoomzoom's post was regarding the 2012 sedans.

BTW a dealer in my area (Wisconsin) has offered me a 2013 hatch itouring auto with the preferred package for $21,299 (including $1,000 incentive). What do you guys think? It's below edmunds TMV, but it's still above invoice.

He also clarified that for 5/24-6/3 the 0% incentive will also be $1,000, while the non-special financing will remain $1,000 in case anyone is wondering. Not sure if that's just in my area.
  • tub273tub273 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a '13 mazda 3 sport with auto (in NY - hudson valley) - 16495 - includes mazda loyalty . Any comments on this price - good, bad , ok?
  • slickmz3slickmz3 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    2013 Grand iTouring Hatchback w/Tech package - $24,773 (MSRP $26,560)

Was able to combine the 1000 customer cash AND 1000 loyalty AND 0% financing, so total cost of $22,773 plus $426 in title & reg fees (no sales tax in this state). Think I did OK!
  • slickmz3slickmz3 Member Posts: 2
    That's actually pretty fair for the i Touring hatch w/Preferred package. I was quoted $21,491 with an 1000 incentive as well. Invoice is around $22,100 with the preferred package so it is below invoice.....
  • lara18lara18 Member Posts: 1
    After unsuccessfully searching for a used Honda Civic EX, which my daughter and I wanted because of the great gas miileage (and her, the added cool lookingness of it), my daughter suddenly said she'd be happy with a Mazda3 or 6. Knowing nothing of the Mazda brand, I thought I'd ask online for experience. Our money situation is rather dire, so we'll probably be relegated to high mileage to be able to afford something BUT will there be alot of expected major repairs if we go above 100,000 miles? I know that with Honda, that wouldn't be a concern for me. What would you experienced Mazda-ites sugest?
  • jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Thanks for all your posts giving the current pricing.

My daughter just got a silver Mazda3 2013 iTouring HB, AT with no extra options for around $18,250 before tax & lic. in Morrow, GA outside Atlanta. That was about $800 less than other dealers in the area.
  • jothellojothello Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 i Grand Touring Sedan w/Tech package - $22495 (MSRP $25,995) over memorial day + tax, title, $599 dealer fee, etc. Also got 0% for 60 months. (There were 1500 in incentives available at time included in my price). I thought I did pretty well.
  • gaoyygaoyy Member Posts: 2
    Is this price out of the door? I am in NJ
  • desismomdesismom Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Hi! I'm considering this car, along with a few others, but think I will be happier in this Mazda. Anyone else a little confused about the June 2013 Mazda incentives? I found an advertised price that looked attractive, but in the fine print-it looked like they combined every incentive amount and called that their "summer sale". I am hoping to get 0 % financing- does that mean I also can get $1,000 incentives too? ($500 competitive discount) ($500 bonus cash).
    Also- has anyone noticed the mazdausa.com website doesn't mention the year of your car for competitive discount, but the dealer does? I'm in Florida.
    Thanks for your help!!
  • desismomdesismom Member Posts: 6
    Price?
    Thanks!
  • mcfeeley25mcfeeley25 Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact car I want to buy, but I'm not sure if I should get it now or at the beginning of July. Will the incentives go away, or get better, or stay just the same? Any suggestions?
  • dongtandavedongtandave Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

So far my best OTD price (MD tax @6%) has been 19K for a i Sport. 20K for i touring.

These are just initial e-prices sent out, and I haven't made any counteroffers yet or asked anyone to beat any prices.

What can I reasonably expect to pay for either trim currently?
    I know right now there is $1,000 incentive combined with 0% financing. The prices above include that incentive, but nothing for military, loyalty, etc.

Thanks!
  • tjinvatjinva Member Posts: 23
    Here's the deal I got on a new 2013 Mazda 3 i touring hatchback:

MSRP $20795

Capitalized Cost $19130

Money Factor: .00007

Residual: 58% $12061

Monthly Payment: $214.97 before Sales Tax

Monthly Payment: $234.32 after sales tax (Northern California)

Drive off payment: $584.77 (first month payment, registration and title, doc fees, etc)

I feel I got a fair deal thanks to the feedback on this forum. Of course, it involved shopping different dealers - some were amazingly misleading with everything from the money factor to the residual.

Since the car was leased at a very favorable money factor, I was not eligible for the $1000 cash rebate applicable to outright purchases.
  • ottobondottobond Member Posts: 1
    Vehicle $17,380 (after $1,000 rebate)
    AZ TL fees $1,910 (Phoenix Arizona)
    doc fee's $395

Total OTD $19,685

60 months at 0%

Good deal??