Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra New Owner Reports

Comments

• extech2extech2 Member Posts: 120
    I'd like to hear from people who bought a regular cab, short bed Tundra with the large 5.7 liter engine. How do you like the truck and what kind of gas mileage can we expect in city driving, heavy traffic?
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Even a GM Full-size can hold up under NHTSA tests. IIHS tests are harder.

Only people who don't wear seat belts get hurt in these beast when hit.

DrFill
  • finallyat150finallyat150 Member Posts: 105
    thanks chuck, that's good info. what about the sound of the upgrade exhaust? A little deeper rumble I imagine?

Thanks in advance. I will search through all the garbage post that are showing up here and find your response when it comes. Why do you guys insist on coming on the "2007 Toyota Tundra New Owners Report" forum with all your garbage posts? Are you really that desparate for attention?
    yep, good for you guys up there in that region. I am in the Gulf State Region and I have not seen a single SR5 TRD 4x4 on any dealer lot to date. Amazing!
  • doggboysdoggboys Member Posts: 17
    A little curious on how much more rumble do the exhaust make myself. Also on the hp increase. On your second line, I couldn't agree more. I, myself, am here to learn from other owners and hate reading all this other crap. Thanks to all of the Toyota fans!
  • a47chucka47chuck Member Posts: 15
    Hmmmm! Sound!? At idle, there is just a tad more exhaust note. Don't know that I'd call it a rumble. At about 4K RPM, at say 1/2 to 3/4 throttle there is a definite ... aaah, how do I describe this ... almost Flowmaster sound. Can't really describe it. Kinda like a very healthy small block Chevy with Flows and full tail pipes. At full throttle it is definately not annoying but still sounds good. If you're looking for a lot of sound this ain't the system. The butt dyno says maybe a little more responsive and gas milage doesn't seem to be effected even though I've been on it a little more. And ... I think the system looks great from the rear.
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Member Posts: 118
    The article seems to refer to the Tundra as an import. How about a "Toyota, made in the USA, Tundra" commercial to get the word out?
    very good. thanks for the description Chuck. Yeah, I will definately consider this system once I get my TRD. I really like the looks myself and don't want a LOUD truck. I would like to hear the power a little, and it sounds like from your description that is exactly what you get with the mod exhaust.
    I see that TRD 4x4's are now starting to show on dealer inventories in the Gulf State Region. That is very good news for me. My TRD should be in soon. In fact, there is one available in my region that except for the color and XM radio, is the exact build as the one I ordered.

My dealer says he has a production date for me, but is at his house right now. He will call me later in the day with my production date. From the folks I have been talking to, it sounds like adding 3-weeks to the production date is a good estimate for delivery date.
  • maple2maple2 Member Posts: 177
    The article seems to refer to the Tundra as an import.

Well as much as i hate to break it to you... are you sitting down? ......Toyota is foreign.
    News flash! 2007 Tundra was designed in California and Michigan. Parts are from Alabama. The truck is built in Indiana and Texas.

Sounds like an American built truck to me.
    yes, I saw a new Tundra at a local dealer here in Oklahoma yesterday that had a badge on the tailgate that read...... "Built in Texas by Texans"

It's funny how folks come on this forum trying to be wise and funny, and are neither. The fact that this truck is American is basic knowledge and brochure type information; shouldn't even be a discussion point on a forum that is 1000 threads strong.

But there are those guys that like to piddle. Dig through the parts lists and find a hose clamp that was manufactured in Japan.............then start claiming that the Tundra is foreign.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Not that I necessarily disagree with you but in all fairness, aren't the engine and tranny built across the ocean?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    No the engines are smelted and cast in Missouri then sent to Alabama for fabrication. On this I'm sure.

Thre trannies are built I believe either in Buffalo, WV or at a satellite plant in San Antonio. I'm not sure on this frankly.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Ok, KD, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure. ;)
    A guy that has 4,274 posts in these forums must know something about these trucks. :)

thanks Bob
    yes, I saw a new Tundra at a local dealer here in Oklahoma yesterday that had a badge on the tailgate that read...... "Built in Texas by Texans"

It's funny how folks come on this forum trying to be wise and funny, and are neither. The fact that this truck is American is basic knowledge and brochure type information; shouldn't even be a discussion point on a forum that is 1000 threads strong.

But there are those guys that like to piddle. Dig through the parts lists and find a hose clamp that was manufactured in Japan.............then start claiming that the Tundra is foreign.

And at the end of the day where does the money go? Back to the land of the rising sun
    :mad:
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/12/insiders-claim-toyota-may-add-five-new-plants- -in-n-a/

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota12jan12,1,246027.story?coll=la-headl- ines-business&track=crosspromo

I have no problems accepting Toyota or any other imports on our turf if continued growth coincides with continued profits. They've earned my respect and I am certainly not alone in that. :shades:
  • doggboysdoggboys Member Posts: 17
    The land of the rising sun may get some of the money but what about thousands of Americans that have jobs designing, building, and selling them. Not to mention the "local" companies that support these enormous factories and dealerships. What is boils down to is that some people have a hard time admitting that an so called outsider is pushing the locals to improve their product. Chevy makes a good truck and I think that anyone of us that bought the Toyota must of test drove the Chevy and found, for whatever reason, the Tundra was better suited for them.
    How much do you want to be proven wrong?
  • joe140joe140 Member Posts: 22
    Well I have been a life long GM guy (40 years) and have to say that one of the hardest things I have done has been to empty my garage of all GM vehicles because of their poor quality and old, tired designs. I now have an ACURA RL, a BMW and I have ordered a TUNDRA to replace my GMC truck. Wake up UAW and America. As a business owner, I have to buy the best product that serves my needs, regardless of brand. For the past 20 years or more, America has produced some real junk, I know because I have owned it!! So it's not about going "offshore" but it's a matter of getting value for my dollar. My customers do the same thing. If I don't build a better product, they will not buy from me.
    How much do you want to be proven wrong?

please, please prove me wrong, prove that no money goes back to japan, this i got to see
  • razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    Joe, I agree, it is value for your dollar, if Japan produces the best value vehicle for my dollar than I'll buy Japanese. Obviously, most people also agree with you since Ford has lost 33% market share and mostly to Toyota, and some to GM. However it is noble to spend your dollar to buy American over stretching your dollar for value. But people perfer value over buying American, especially in vehicles were reliability and safety are a consideration. But the lines are grayer than before ... i.e. Ford is made in Mexico, Nissan builds in Canton, Mississippi, and Toyota builds in Kentucky.
    let's see...we went from the tundra being "foreign" to ........some of the money ends up in Japan....

lol, give it up dude! If you are worried about some of your money ending up in Japan, you might as well just put a gun to your head right now.
    But wait, some of the cost of the bullet would end up in Japan, dang.

This Tundra is an American truck, pure and simple. And long-time Chevy guys like me are buying it for obvious reasons. Get used to it.

If you don't wanna get on the boat, fine; but why are you trying to punch holes it it with a needle?

BTW, isn't the origin of the word "maple" foreign? I think so.
    Original statement:
    And at the end of the day where does the money go? Back to the land of the rising sun ( all the money, most of the money, some of the money, a tiny bit of the money?)

Followed by:
    please, please prove me wrong, prove that no money goes back to japan, this i got to see

Now that's entirely different wording. Yes I am certain some money is sent to Japan at the end of the month or quarter or year. It's nowhere near the amount of money that stays here and benefits our economy though.
    Original statement:
    And at the end of the day where does the money go? Back to the land of the rising sun ( all the money, most of the money, some of the money, a tiny bit of the money?)

Followed by:

Now that's entirely different wording. Yes I am certain some money is sent to Japan at the end of the month or quarter or year. It's nowhere near the amount of money that stays here and benefits our economy though.

see you forgot your statement which slots in the middle of your quotes "How much do you want to be proven wrong?"
    How are you going to prove anything when you dont know the question? Now of course im not saying every nickle profit goes back to japan, the texas plant alone would kill that theory. You say the majority of the money stays here, I say the majority goes back, Im sure you'll dig up some link somewhere to try and make your case, just like im sure i could find the same to support me if i so desired, as im sure there are sites out there would support both arguments.
    Sure its nice that toyota built the texas plant to build the tundra, but dont kid yourself into thinking this investment represents most of the profits being sunk back into our economy. 1.25B +/- is spare change for toyota, gm spent 900 million in the car plant here 2 yrs ago for a new PAINT SHOP! not a whole new plant, just a paint shop, on land that they already owned. Mind you there are two car plants and a truck plant on the property i have no idea how many vehicles are produced there every year but it is a massive plant.
    So you see that realy 1B$ sounds pretty cheap for a whole new plant including the land. What did they build it out of? dried engine sludge?

sorry couldnt resist :P
  • razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    Maples are trees or shrubs in the genus Acer. The word Acer is derived from a Greek word meaning "sharp" (referring to the characteristic points on the maple leaves) and was first applied to the genus by the French botanist Joseph Pitton de Tournefort in 1700. So maple orginated from France, than the French settled Canada, hince the maple leaf on the Canadian flag. So maples are more French-Canadian than American.
    The reason for my post is that in your first statement that you implied all the money ends up in Japan. You modified it thereafter.

You say the majority of the money stays here, I say the majority goes back, Im sure you'll dig up some link somewhere to try and make your case, just like im sure i could find the same to support me if i so desired, as im sure there are sites out there would support both arguments

There is no statement from anyone that I need for reference. It's all in the data available to anyone. Here is the argumentation:

First things first the Tundra is produced from parts which are at least 75% 'made in NA'. This is on the windows by law.

This vehicle is sold only in NA so most( 75%? ) of the design, engineering, testing is done here. CA, MI & AZ.
    At least 75% of the parts of the vehicles are made here.
    Let's say that 25% of the parts are made in Japan.
    100% of the labor is paid here, obviously.
    100% of the building and building materials and labor to build the plant are paid here.
    100% of the final vehicle prep is paid here.
    100% of the transportation is paid here.
    100% of the sales and marketing is paid here.
    100% of the dealers are located here.
    100% of the dealer sales staffs are located here
    100% of the IRS is located here, obviously.
    Ditto the taxing authorities of Indiana and Texas.

So lets take a typical truck, selling for say $30000, and work backwards.

A very common number thrown about is that these trucks generate about $10000 profit each. I don't know for certain but all through the 90's and recently this has been commonly mentioned. We'll use it.

Truck price: ........ $30000
    Dealer markup........ 4000 All paid in NA
    Transportation ......... 600 All paid in NA
    Delivery Prep .......... 400 All Paid in NA
    Wholesale Price.... $25000
    .. PROFIT .... $10000
    Net cost of the truck $15000

BUT:
    IRS' part of the PROFIT.. $5000 All paid in the US
    TX/IN tax on the PROFIT. $1000 All paid in the US

Sales and marketing here ALL paid in the US
    Management here ALL paid in the US
    Labor at the plants ALL paid in the US

...Then there's the cost of...
    Steel from US Steel and Armco and Dofasco
    Tires from Goodrich and Michelin
    Aluminum from Alcoa
    Parts from Johnson Controls
    Seating from Lear
    Components from Delphi
    Engines from Bodine, MO.
    Glass, plastic, gaskets, wiring, tubing, etc, etc.
    75% of this is paid to NA companies for the parts made here.

Then there's the payments to the banks and lenders and suppliers to amortize/pay off the plant and machinery.

In all of the above there is very very little that might 'end up back in Japan'. $4, $5, $6000 at most.

That means that about $25000 out of a $30000 sale end up staying here.

Unless they take that profit and build new plants in Mich or Miss or Ontario, then it all stays here.
    I ordered mine from WILDE TOYOTA in Milwaukee and worked with Loren Woyach, Truck Manager. From the start Loren has been wonderful to deal with, knows his products and does not throw crap around about the "Detroit 3". No need to. He just hands you the keys and says to drive it (The TUNDRA)So anyone looking to buy, I would strongly suggest you give Loren a call.

With all this bashing of TOYOTA, why is TOYOTA rated number 3 in the top rated and respected companies in the US? None of the "DETROIT 3" are even listed? And with TOYOTA selling more now than Dodge and taking a large portion away from FORD, even Fortune Magazine has advised that you can't call them the "Big 3" anymore. :sick: Read the article for yourself..
    Wow!! You have the details. Must be a fiance guy?
  • pmuscepmusce Member Posts: 132
    "News flash! 2007 Tundra was designed in California and Michigan. Parts are from Alabama. The truck is built in Indiana and Texas.

Sounds like an American built truck to me. "

Alot of the Toyota design was also done in Japan. Alot of the upper management at the new factory are also from Japan. The Tundra is made by a company that imported over 1,000,000 cars to the US from Japan last year. Sorry, but Tundra is an import because it was made by an import company.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    YES! and we should return the favor by pulling our stuff out of places like China and Europe because I guess we don't belong there either!

Oh and while we are at it, we need to make sure not to buy any of that "Foriegn" oil to fuel our 4 ton Suburbans and Tahoes. I mean, there must be enough in Texas to support us for a while right?

-Ridiculousness off-

As mentioned above, these trucks are being built on U.S. soil, by Americans. Don't like it, don't buy one. Go ahead and continue buying your cars and trucks from those foriegn folks mascarading as Americans as they roll your shiney new Chevy out onto the pavement in

Silao, Mexico :sick:

The choice is yours. Welcome to America, Enjoy your stay ;)
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    This is an owner's report forum. The speculation about where the proceeds go is off-topic here. Let's keep the commentary to purchasing and owning the 07 Tundra, please.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Wow, your post is not based on any fact and alot of assumptions.

"This vehicle is sold only in NA so most( 75%? ) of the design, engineering, testing is done here. CA, MI & AZ."

Alot of the design an engineering was done in Japan. The Tranny is made by Aisan, the engine was designed in Japan and the initial production of them came from Japan.

At least 75% of the parts of the vehicles are made here.
    Let's say that 25% of the parts are made in Japan.
    100% of the labor is paid here, obviously.
    Agree on the labour, except for the bulk of management at the new plant which are from Japan.

100% of the building and building materials and labor to build the plant are paid here.
    Agree

100% of the final vehicle prep is paid here.
    100% of the transportation is paid here.
    Agree

100% of the sales and marketing is paid here.

Way off here. If you don't think the Sales and Marketing in Japan is not involved, your fooling yourself. It was reported that head office was in disagreement with US arm in determining the MSRP of the vehicles. Head office won that battle.

100% of the dealers are located here.

Yes, but the dealers are not part of Toyota and have nothing to do with setting whether a company is import of domestic. These dealers sold over 1,000,000 imported Toyota's last year. They are import dealers.

100% of the dealer sales staffs are located here

Same as above.

100% of the IRS is located here, obviously.
    Ditto the taxing authorities of Indiana and Texas.

Wow, I did not realize the IRS jobs exist because the Tundra is assembled in the US. This makes no sense kdhspyder.

So lets take a typical truck, selling for say $30000, and work backwards.

A very common number thrown about is that these trucks generate about $10000 profit each. I don't know for certain but all through the 90's and recently this has been commonly mentioned. We'll use it.

Truck price: ........ $30000
    Dealer markup........ 4000 All paid in NA
    Transportation ......... 600 All paid in NA
    Delivery Prep .......... 400 All Paid in NA
    Wholesale Price.... $25000
    .. PROFIT .... $10000
    Net cost of the truck $15000

BUT:
    IRS' part of the PROFIT.. $5000 All paid in the US
    TX/IN tax on the PROFIT. $1000 All paid in the US

Sales and marketing here ALL paid in the US
    Management here ALL paid in the US
    Labor at the plants ALL paid in the US

...Then there's the cost of...
    Steel from US Steel and Armco and Dofasco
    Tires from Goodrich and Michelin
    Aluminum from Alcoa
    Parts from Johnson Controls
    Seating from Lear
    Components from Delphi
    Engines from Bodine, MO.
    Glass, plastic, gaskets, wiring, tubing, etc, etc.
    75% of this is paid to NA companies for the parts made here.

Then there's the payments to the banks and lenders and suppliers to amortize/pay off the plant and machinery.

In all of the above there is very very little that might 'end up back in Japan'. $4, $5, $6000 at most.

That means that about $25000 out of a $30000 sale end up staying here.

Unless they take that profit and build new plants in Mich or Miss or Ontario, then it all stays here.

Can you provide your sources for these numbers or did you just make them up? Even if they are close, if $5,000 goes back to Japan, and Tundra sells 200,000, thats 1 billion dollars going back to Japan just for the Tundra alone. How much do you think goes to Japan for the 1,000,000 Toyota's they imported?
  • 07wildbill07wildbill Member Posts: 29
    your hired! do you know the gauge steel 07 toyota tundra is using in the bed of the truck.there has been some reported problems of denting by owners o7 tundra.thanks
    Didn't you see the Toyota TV commercial last year? The same steel is used for the new Tundra that was on the truck in that commercial. The bed of the new Tundra can withstand a direct meteor impact. :)

have a good day wildbill. My POS tundra will be here soon. I'll be sure to post some pics and give a report of MY experiences with the new Tundra soon after I get it.
    This is just about the Tundra since that's the point of this thread.

All the figures above on pricing are available here on Edmunds. This is very easy to do.

The point about the IRS and the taxing authorities was meant to show that 100% of the TAXES stay here in the US.

It doesn't matter if the management of the plant is from Japan or Texas or India or NY. If they work here they get paid here and their money ends up staying here. They have to eat and live and send their kids to school all in the local areas.

As to the profit estimate, as I mentioned it is a commonly quoted figure ... and from my past career one that makes sense.

As to the dealers and the retail sales force, that's one of the key points because of a $30000 vehicle at least 10-20% of what a typical MSRP is related to the dealer and has nothing to do with Toyota. Obviously all this money remains in the US economy.

Sales and Marketing ( OK granted 99% is based here ). Sales and Marketing is not only the Managers who make the final decision it's...
    .. the marketing types investigating who buys what at the local fishing tournaments;
    .. the marketing types observing which accessories are sold to a typical new buyer;
    .. demographics and trade-in data purchased from PIN;
    .. the print ads, the media ads ( HUGE HUGE amount );
    .. product training of the entire sales force ( HUGE amount )

Finally this vehicle is sold only in NA.. That's a fact.
    All the body design was done in Newport Beach CA: Fact
    All the testing was done at the facility in AZ: Fact
    All the technical design was done at the facility in MI: Fact
    The tranny design and testing I believe was done in Japan.

Those are the facts. No assumptions there.

This gets way off topic from the Tundra but all automakers are Intnational companies. They invest all over the world. What profit's GM and Ford and DC and Toyota and Hyundai make in the more profitable markets ( US and Europe ) often end up investing in new facilities and training/employing new workers in China or India. Or in the case of Toyota and Honda, new plants in Miss, Indiana, Michigan and Ontario. New greenfield plants here from the Detroit3? That's just the way international business is done.

Now back to the Tundra.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "please, please prove me wrong, prove that no money goes back to japan, this i got to see"

Actually, I'd like to see proof that NO money goes back to Japan when you bought your Silverado.
    Please post a source for your "reported problems of denting" in the Tundra. Did you get tired of "vibration problems"? What problem do you plan to think up next?
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    The Tundra didn't get 5 stars in crash worthiness tests! What,they didn't make it big enough? I sense a huge grinding opportunity coming to a Toyota dealer near you. Be patient but get ready to get a better deal.
    lol, yes bugchucker, he got tired of the vibration problems. that is because only ONE tundra reported have vibration problems, and it was a one-time occurrance for a very short stretch, lol.

he also got tired of his "faulty fuel gauge problems". NOBODY but wildbill has reported problems with the fuel gauge, and he doesn't even own a tundra!

As for the "denting" problems...like i said ONE individual has reported problems with his bed denting. That is jaymack in post #784. Other than that, nobody else is reporting any "bed to thin", denting problems.

It is actually very funny stuff.

I believe some folks really want a Tundra, but can't get one for one reason or another, so.....they resort to attempting to bash it and downtalk the truck.
  • cbuellgocbuellgo Member Posts: 12
    My Favorite Truck, 07 dc; Didn't come with Running Boards, I have seen them on other trucks on the lots MSRP 345. and One Dealer told me 750. for One side NO Bolts Included. My Wife want's them but I think I will Lift her instead of Paying that.
  • dssnuffydssnuffy Member Posts: 39
    I just read through 3 pages of posts and can't figure out how many people actually own a 2007 Tundra. Can we get a head count of actual Tundra owners on the site and get their opinion?

Let me demonstrate...
  • dssnuffydssnuffy Member Posts: 39
    Zero.

Although I have driven many of the trucks, I am not currently an owner, so I can't claim to be the first one. I have heard many positive things from '07 Tundra owners and would like to hear your opinion, please.

Thanks,

David "Snuffy" Smith
    "This is just about the Tundra since that's the point of this thread.

All the figures above on pricing are available here on Edmunds. This is very easy to do.

The point about the IRS and the taxing authorities was meant to show that 100% of the TAXES stay here in the US.

It doesn't matter if the management of the plant is from Japan or Texas or India or NY. If they work here they get paid here and their money ends up staying here. They have to eat and live and send their kids to school all in the local areas.

As to the profit estimate, as I mentioned it is a commonly quoted figure ... and from my past career one that makes sense.

As to the dealers and the retail sales force, that's one of the key points because of a $30000 vehicle at least 10-20% of what a typical MSRP is related to the dealer and has nothing to do with Toyota. Obviously all this money remains in the US economy.

Sales and Marketing ( OK granted 99% is based here ). Sales and Marketing is not only the Managers who make the final decision it's...
    .. the marketing types investigating who buys what at the local fishing tournaments;
    .. the marketing types observing which accessories are sold to a typical new buyer;
    .. demographics and trade-in data purchased from PIN;
    .. the print ads, the media ads ( HUGE HUGE amount );
    .. product training of the entire sales force ( HUGE amount )

Finally this vehicle is sold only in NA.. That's a fact.
    All the body design was done in Newport Beach CA: Fact
    All the testing was done at the facility in AZ: Fact
    All the technical design was done at the facility in MI: Fact
    The tranny design and testing I believe was done in Japan.

Those are the facts. No assumptions there.

This gets way off topic from the Tundra but all automakers are Intnational companies. They invest all over the world. What profit's GM and Ford and DC and Toyota and Hyundai make in the more profitable markets ( US and Europe ) often end up investing in new facilities and training/employing new workers in China or India. Or in the case of Toyota and Honda, new plants in Miss, Indiana, Michigan and Ontario. New greenfield plants here from the Detroit3? That's just the way international business is done.

Now back to the Tundra."

kdhspyder, this will be my last post in this topic since this forum about Tundra ownership experience and not whether its an import or domestic. You list all these things as FACT yet when I asked for your sources, you can't provide. Sounds to me that most of your facts are speculation.
    most of the new tundra owners are out driving their trucks.

There are a few current owners that post here.

There are quite a few folks posting here that are interested in one.

There are tons of bashers that post here.

There are a few folks posting here that are waiting on delivery of their special ordered tundra (I am one of these expecting delivery mid-April).

I stay in this forum because I see the value of it. Once I take delivery of my new Tundra, you will see me continue to post updates on my experiences with the tundra, both good and bad; what I like and dislike about it, what I would change about it if ordering one again, etc. And I fully expect the bashers to counter my posts with claims that I either am a Toyota dealer or am lying about even owning one.

You see, we had a few guys that actually purchased, were driving, and posting regarding their new Tundra. They quickly got tired of being bashed and simply quit posting here and are out enjoying their new Tundra in isolation. Can't blame em for that.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Enough off-topic chatter - this is for people who own or want to hear from those who bought the 07 Tundra... there are other places to discuss comparisons and finances of automakers.

kcram - Pickups Host
    I am driving a 2005 F150 and have ordered a Tundra DC that is scheduled for mid April. When people bash the TUNDRA, all I can say is that I have owned several newer GMC Trucks and now this 05 F150. The F150 is a snail when towing a 3500 lb boat. It has NO, read that, NO passing power. Don't try to convince me that it has. I have 27,000 miles on it. I am not bashing FORD, I love the truck but HATE the power or lack of it. I was able to try towing a 8,000 lb trailer at WILDE Toyota in Milwaukee, (The largest Toyota dealer in the midwest) and I can tell you from experience, hands on experience, that the TUNDRA tows 8,000 lbs easier than my F150 tows my 4,000 lb boat. In fact, the passing power is about the same with the empty F150 compared to the TUNDRA towing 8,000 lbs.

This is just one persons observation based on experience, not emotion.
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Someone without an axe to grind. Who'da thunk it? :)

DrFill