Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• I have a Sirius Radio installed from the factory. Don't know the brand. With the Rockford-Fosgate, the music is fantastic.

81 Trekker
  • lumbarlumbar Posts: 421
    I have not seen an aftermarket installation but am wondering if it's possible to locate the receiver in the "tray" in front of the shifter. While a little low, that seems IMO to be an unobtrusive location that's reachable. What the heck does "pre-wired" mean anyway?
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    I'm about to make the move for the CC 4WD Le, dose anyone have and in site on what is a must have in it . and they didn't get and should have got?

also how is the xm>Radio is it worth it?and dose it sound great!!

I'm trading in my Chevy S-10 z.2 Pkg. worst truck ever! the Nissan gets better gas Mi. I'm getting 20 mpg thats High way by the way and it seem everyone is getting better then that after the break in period on your new Nissans.
    :D ,I'd love some input.
    thanks for all the input so far from everyone on this forums.
  • The JVC Receiver is just a box full of electronics it has to user interface. It is an add-on device that the JVC Head Unit uses to display and play Sirius programs. It can be mounted out of site and I was trying to see if anyone else had installed one or the same type of device for other Head Units.
  • Hey guys, noticed a clank noise on my 05 CC 4X4 Frontier. Sounds like I'm running over a sewer grate. Only happens when I first start the truck, back out of the driveway,and drive away (sounds like between first and second gear), never ever happens when I'm driving. Weird.

Anybody else experience something like that.
  • I have noticed this noise with my truck also.I have seen the TSB for the exhaust rattle,and wonder if this is the early stages of that problem.
    My truck was an early build and falls in the production range that the TSB covers.I don't think it was fixed before I received my truck.So far I have 5000 miles.
  • I don't recall if it was this forum or another, but it was discovered that this is the ABS setting itself. Mine does it, too. It does not relate to the TSB about the intake manifold noise (if that is the TSB you mention).
  • Ok, got the remotes. Easy to program and they work great. Cheers.
  • I can't give you details on XM as I have Sirius, but they are quite similar. Go to their web page and look at the program listings. With Sirius, you have Oldies from the 50s and early 60s, 70s, and 80s as well as an Elvis channel. Country has four channels, Classical three channels, Jazz four or five, and news from CNN, FOX, BLoomberg, NPR, etc. I'm not into sports but they are well covered too. Also, Sirius has an emergency information channel which has focused on Rita and evacuation information the last few days. There are lots of talk and entertainment channels that I have missed completely. If you get a satellite radio, I think you want to get the Rockford-Fosgate for better sound quality.

I got the NISMO 4x4 crewcab with the sunroof package so I could get the side impact airbags which was the primary reason I got a new truck (my wife's requirement). I got most of the bells and whistles except leather. As I've stated in previous post, I'm basically happy with it. I do get 20-22 mpg on the Interstate at about 70 mph with 2400 miles on the truck. I installed a Fold A Top lid on the cargo box.
    81 Trekker.
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    Thanks....
  • Good going, Nissan has the guts to charge around $200 for the same remotes that probably cost you $50 bucks or less.
  • Thanks,woodshop28...Hope you are right.
  • jmakjmak Posts: 1
    Need help deciding between a Storm Gray LE CC and a Silver SE with power package and ABLS. The price difference is $662. The LE has more features that I want but the SE has the ABLS. I currently have a black vehicle and am concerned about the storm gray showing dirt more than the silver. I drove the silver SE with ABLS and had no problems spinning the rear wheels on a gravel road. Anyone test out the ABLS yet and have similar results? Does the ABLS work better on snow or ice?
  • I took my 03 Frontier to the dealership for the 30K service this morning. As you know this isn't cheap, so to save a couple bucks I change the air filter myself with a FRAM. The service rep tells me they should change it to a Nissan filter because the others let fibers drift off that can short out the intake sensor, thereby costing $400. Has anybody else ever heard this? I'm 99.9% sure this was a scare tatic but I am not going to pay $30 for them to change the air filter.
  • This would be interesting - just for the heck of it, contact Fram and tell them what the dealership told you.
  • I call BS on that one. I am not a proponent of Fram, due to Oil filter gasket issues I had in the past, but it sounds like the dealer is saying any other filter will "let fibers drift off." That is nonsense, I think.
  • It would be interesting to know who the manufacturer of the Nissan filter is?
    I have heard people over oiling the K&N style filter which causes problems with the mass air flow sensor.
  • Has anyone found a place to buy the receiver other than a dealer? I think the $350 plus price tag is way out of line . I know it is manufactured by Clarion but I am looking for a cheaper alternative.
  • I bought a JVC KD AR560 which has front Aux Input, plays CD/MP3/WMA. You must buy a Sirius add on box before you can get Sirius. The cheapest price I found for the Head Unit is at http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3652.html and comes with everything you need to install it. They charge shipping.

You can also buy it at http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JGvw85ww2Ps/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=257KDAR560 they also send an installation kit and have great customer service if you need help. It costs a few dollars more even after their free shipping. They both carry the JVC Sirius box (SIR-JVC1) for about $100
  • hungkhungk Posts: 14
    absolutely a resounding yesssssssssss.....
    this weekend my wife and I took a sevatical , and did 800 miles in mine ,over like 5 major Colorado passes and saw 15 fourteeners in just one county ,
    and about 2 thousand beemers, jags furrarries, Zs. (MMMMMMMMMMmmmm)
    , Lambos Merc's, Astin Martins, Diablos, De Lor ,, U name it...........
    and I would' nt let any of them pass meee !!!!!!!!!!!!
    the horsies, the room, and surprising the gas mileage.

05 cc 4x4 SE Auto,Storm Gray
    Thank youuu.
    THANK YOUUUUU..
    tH AN K YOOOUUUUUUU.
    as far as the color my Storm Gray does show some dust but the comments.
    regarding the color has been all from my frens sayin yep my next truck is gonna
    be gray-silver , personally I liked the granite from previous years, But I was looking for a desertgold or some kinda kewl gold metalflake but with some brown tincture, my 03 cc was Silver Ice a solid color and showed dirt and dust tooo..
    so I jus gotts ta wipe her down more often, hmmmmmmmmmm
    shucky darn !!!!
    My o5 SE doesnt have the racks , I dont like the looks of them , more aero than functional, I liked the ones on my o3 cc, so I bought the one I wanted without them
  • Hi canadianguy1,

I'm looking for these key fobs and I am in Ontario and was wondering if you could provide me with the source where you purchased yours.
  • Hey, just went to ebay.ca and searched for "nissan key fobs". I bought the ones that said they were good for a pathfinder (the seller was keylessremotesforless)

Good Luck.
  • thanks I'll look into that.
  • So if it's the ABS making the noise, is it something that should be fixed? Did you leave it as? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • The key fob number you want is KBRASTU15. It should be listed for several Nissan truck models..
  • I did nothing with it. I think it is normal for this vehicle, though I am not a Nissan engineer, but rather, someone repeating what I read on another forum. As you likely know, forums are not always right. So, you could have the Nissan folks take a look at it, just to be sure.
    The noise I am talking about happens only when I first beging to accellerate forward, usually at about 10 MPH. The noise is a "clink."
    Good luck to you.
  • I know everyone loves that 4.0 VQ, but did anyone buy an XE with the four cylinder and manual tranny? I'd like to hear from anyone who has been driving one of those for a while. I'm interested in things like MPG and if you've felt any growing frustration with the lower power output, any problems, etc.

Also, how much did you pay for your XE? Except for the package I have to buy to get A/C, I'm pretty much looking for the most stripped down Frontier I can find.