Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lincoln Mark LT

Comments

• Options
    scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
    I found this picture of the 2007 Mark LT on Ford's website. Does it look familiar?:

The only difference worth mentioning is that it will be available in both 5.5 and 6.5 bed length.

Once again, why is Ford so flaky? Why would they mention all the changes and that it would be at the NY Auto show and then just disappear? It's really pretty sad.
  • Options
    displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    Interesting. I thought one of the rationale behind the eggcrate grille of the MKX and Navigator was to use a unique design on the trucks, reserving the waterfall grille for the cars. If this pic is accurate, maybe they've decided to stick w/ the waterfall grille for all Lincolns, and we won't see that cheese grater on the Navi.
  • Options
    aviator10aviator10 Member Posts: 13
    1st off, that is not a 2007 mark lt. as i mentioned before-i have pics but i don't have a scanner. that is the last of the 06 models with some minor adjustments. as far as the new york auto show- i have no idea why lincoln didn't show the 07 mark lt. and the grille is going to remain "waterfall".
  • Options
    i went to ford's website and noticed that you pics you viewed were from a 2006 lincoln mark lt brochure. i know the site says "2007 mark lt" but trust me, it's not. notice the pic of the seat-it shows the lincoln emblem embedded in leather in the seatback. for 2007 the emblem is chrome.
  • Options
    navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    957 units, down from 1021 in April, but still not bad. It's like I said about the Fusion, if the Mark LT had more feature content its sales it would be so amazing....sad to see a great looking truck like the Mark LT be killed by lack of features.
  • Options
    And I think Ford's flaky behavior contributed to that decline:
    "Just wait for the new one...coming out soon...oh yeah, never mind"
  • Options
    the 2007 mark lt should remedy the problem of "lack of features". if you find yourself asking "what features?", scroll back to where i copied them from a 2007 dealer-only brochure.
  • Options
  • Options
    srtvipersrtviper Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about buying a Mark LT and have a set of 22" wheels I took off my Blackwood when I sold it. Will they fit the LT? Thanks for the help?
  • Options
    Blackwood: 5-Lug
    Mark LT: 6-lug
  • Options
    blue122blue122 Member Posts: 1
    This link has pics and info about the 2007 Mark lt. I hope it helps.

http://www.babez.de/lincoln/lincoln-mark-lt-2007.php
  • Options
    srtvipersrtviper Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies. I bought a Mark LT on Sunday. Toreador Red with Parchment. 20" Wheels, Moon Roof, Sliding window, sat radio, pedals, running boards, rails, tow pkg, limited slip axle and rear sensors. got it for about 10k under MSRP and they threw in a bed liner. Ran a check on dealer inventories and picked one that had 30 in stock. The one I bought was on the lot for 70 days. There are deals out there.
    Now If anyone wants a set of 22" chrome wheels with Toyo's that will fit a Blackwood and I think a Navigator let me know!
    Andy
  • Options
    Sounds nice!- There are some bargains to be had.
    How do you like it?
  • Options
    thanx for the link blue122. i just ordrered my 2007 mark lt. vivid red with ebony interior and 20 inch chrome rims. can't wait to see it in about 6 weeks lol :P
  • Options
    does anyone happen to have a link for either the "charity" commercial or the "mark lt pulling escalade ext ou of lake"? i've heard both are hilarious wnd it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    thewordtheword Member Posts: 1
    Here's the scoop. The LT is for idiots like me - high net worth individuals who wouldn't be seen dead in a Ford, F-150 or FU or F anything.
    We will not haul a fishing boat. We don't fish. People like you who drive F-150's do that.
    We will not put things except cases of wine in the bed.
    It is a fashion accessory. That's why we don't care about how much poundage you can haul. You wear what you drive. So stop comparing it to the Ford. It's irrelevant. And learn how to spell.
    But a nav and wood trim steering wheel would be very sweet.
  • Options
    lt006lt006 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a Mark LT and love it. I have one issue though. The chrome cladding that lines the bottom of the doors is dented and wavy. I checked all the new ones on 4 different lots and they are all the same, dented and wavy. I guess I can accept that. Since initial replacement of all door cladding they can't get them to stay on the truck. It has been back 8 times and the truck is only 6 months old. They just come loose and start to come off. Anyone have this problem or any related issues with the chrome cladding? If you have a Mark LT, get down low and look at the side of you chrome cladding and you will see what I mean.
  • Options
    I am getting ready to enforce the Lemon Law and get a new Navigator if I can. I love the truck but it is rediculous that I have to struggle with body parts falling off. By the way if you see a problem with yous, think twice about having them replaced due to the dents, they won't stay on. Look at yours by standing about 5 feet behind your truck and about 5 feet out from the truck get down low and look at your panels by slightly moving from side to side. You should see what I mean.
  • Options
    chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    I bet your trade-in was a Blackwood? :D

What you said is very correct.
  • Options
    I have major problems with the chrome cladding on the doors of my 2006 LT. They separate from the doors in high heat and they are dented and wavy. Anyone have the same or similar issues?? Mine has been beck to the dealer 9 times for replacement or fix-it. I am beyond aggravated with this. Does anyone know about the vehicle replacement program?? Any advice would be a great help.
  • Options
    Are you asking us what the Lemon Law is in your state?

Did you follow the procedures outlined in your warranty book?
  • Options
    chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    Not to be rude but all that cladding IMO looks ugly to me and doesn't even belong on it in the first place. I don't like it on the Avalanche either.
  • Options
    dominic2dominic2 Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2006 white lt and have no problems with the chrome trim anywhere on the vehicle. 9 times, in my opinion is entirely too much...I would start raising it up through the food chain at the dealer.
  • Options
    garcia8442garcia8442 Member Posts: 8
    Are the colors of the 06 mark lt be available for 07?
  • Options
    lyletlylet Member Posts: 27
    There are three new colors and I think they dropped three. Look at previous thread above to see new colors.
  • Options
    These are the colors that are going to be available.

Interior: Ebony seats with Black piping; Dove Grey seats with Black piping,Light Parchment seats with Pebble piping,Ebony w/Dove Grey piping, Light Parchment w/Espresso piping.

Exterior:Dark Shadow Grey Clearcoat Metallic, Black Clearcoat, Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic, White Chocolate Tri-Coat, Vivad Red Clearcoat Metallic, Oxford White.

Does this help.
  • Options
    What changed on this new truck. Does somebody have inside pics?
  • Options
    Where di you order the new lincoln Mark LT??
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the 07 Mark LT is hitting the showrooms?
  • Options
    mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    If you look under the ford production article in the straightline blog there are some shots of the 07's
  • Options
    Job 1 was on 8/7/06 so they should start showing up soon.
  • Options
    Anyone see any of these at a dealer yet?
  • Options
    The 07 Mark LT's are on the lots in California now.
  • Options
    Saw an 07 in White Sand in Michigan with manufacturer's plates and the new look is defintitely a step in the right direction. From what I'd seen in pictures I thought that they ruined the truck but it looks much better. All of the chrome looks justified in the white color. Definitely worth considering...
  • Options
    The 2007 Mark LT are in the lots of some places in Texas.
  • Options
    It appears that the 07’s that are out there are it until February 07. I can’t find an 07 Mark LT the way I want it and I’m told I won’t. Ordering one takes 4 months. This sucks. Looks like I’ll have to look at a Tundra.
  • Options
    dilldill Member Posts: 31
    I can understand why people would be interested in a luxury truck. Ford makes a decent truck, no question about it but I do not understand why people would want a Lincoln Mark LT, when it is essentially a clone of the F-150. Same engine, transmission, same body styling, same ride quality,

FROM THE CAR SPACE REVIEW SECTION THAT MAKES MY POINT
    “as-tested price for this Mark LT 4x4 was $47,600. "

"The Escalades look like Cadillac actually had a hand in styling them whereas the Lincoln Mark LT looks like Ford just gave it to Lincoln as is." Keep in mind, however, the base price of an Escalade EXT is about $10,000 more than the Mark LT 4x4 we tested. And a two-wheel-drive Mark LT starts under $40,000. – This maybe true but you get much more for your money with the Cadillac Escalade EXT. At that price it's important to note that the 2006 Lincoln Mark LT is available only as a SuperCrew four-door with a 5.5-foot bed, a 5.4-liter V8 and a four-speed automatic transmission. – The Cadillac is AWD nearly is nearly as capable for 99.9% of the pick up driving public. A 4x4, like our test truck, starts at $42,700. By comparison, a loaded 2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 has an MSRP of about $44,000. Similarly equipped, the Lincoln is roughly $1,300 more. – Since its so much like the Ford King Ranch 4x4 - what is the motivation for buying the Mark LT? Essentially, that extra money for the Lincoln LT only gets you cosmetic upgrades like a Lincoln grille, special badging and chrome trim. In fact, Lincoln acknowledges that the Mark LT's main goal is to offer a truck that is a visual alternative to the F-150, and despite its big buck Super Bowl ad, it's only looking to sell 1,000 Mark LTs per month. As far as features are concerned, Our Mark LT was loaded with every available option, including a rear-seat DVD player and rear parking sensors, it did not include features we think are essential in a luxury truck. Our Mark LT did not have power seatbacks, power lumbar, a navigation system, power-folding mirrors, multizone climate control, a bedliner, Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio or any kind of OnStar-like feature.

On the road, the Lincoln pickup feels exactly like an F-150, which is a good thing, (Not when you are trying to show yourself as an alternative to all other vehicles offerings on the market) same refined ride and the same smooth 5.4-liter, 300-hp V8. In our track testing we recorded a slightly slower 0-to-60 time of 10.3 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 17.3 at 80.4 mph. The Cadillac has a 6.0 litre 345 hp. V8 that is only available the Cadillac Escalade ESV and now for 2007 the Chevy Silverado as an option.

Best Feature: Bass response/sound quality. – (I wonder if its in the league of the Cadillac’s Bose system?)

Worst Feature: No satellite radio. – (XM is just one of the many things available as well as a Nav. system on the Escalade.)

Yes, its 10,000 less than the Escalade ESV but it should be when it doesn't offer a full sized bed and many of the other feature that make a luxury vehicle a true luxury vehicle</
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. We ask that you check the new discussions that you can find at the Group page, linked below. This discussion will not be closed/deleted, so you can still post and search for information in it.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Lincoln Mark LT Group

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    This topic has averaged about 3 posts per month.

Since all Mark LT's are nearly new and under warranty, I'm eagerly waiting to see how many posts the "Mark LT Transmission Problems" and other problem related micro-topics receive.
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    We could have a general P&S discussion but this way it makes it easier to categorize and bucket issues if and when they do arise. It's also better than the alternative of having hundreds of little discussions like "how do I adjust the headlights".

We'll see how it works... it's not etched in stone.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    Our Mark LT did not have power seatbacks, power lumbar, a navigation system, power-folding mirrors, multizone climate control, a bedliner, Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio or any kind of OnStar-like feature.

All of the above features are available on the 07 LT except bluetooth and multizone climate, pwr seat back and onstar. Onstar type feature is not available on any ford/linc/merc. With the, mostly cosmetic, changes for 07 this truck actually deserves the title of selling in higher numbers than the Escalade EXT.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the sales volume for the 07 MArk LT for October 06?
  • Options
    Well, I guess half the list is better than none. Bluetooth is essential though. (And the lack of power seat backs is just cheap).
  • Options
    In September Mark LT sales were 1203-- That's getting close to Navigator's 1428 and it's 39% higher than the previous September.

More Mark LT's were sold than all models of Jaguar combined(1158)
  • Options
    Do you think these were 07 sales or lots of 06's at zero percent? I ended up ordering and 07 because of low inventory and not finding a truck the way I wanted it. Sure wish it would have bluetooth. Anyone with a solution to the bluetooth issue?
  • Options
    navi08navi08 Member Posts: 5
    questions on the 2007 mark lt. the change for 07 are some mark lt will have power deploying boards, navigation system, the monotone trim which looks so beautiful. IMO it looks a lot better than previous trims are far better than the ext. not a major change on body style did notice that the grill and headlights look a slight sleeker. you will locate 2007 models in odessa, texas they have the elite monotone trim they look really nice. i will see if i can go by the dealership and take photos and some how post them
  • Options
    The 2007 Mark LT doesn't have power deploying running boards from the factory but some dealers have them as ad ons. Also, bluetooth is a accessory ad on installed by the dealers. ITs called mobile ease from Ford. If you go to the www.lincolnaccessories.com, you can find bluetooth there. Would be interesting to hear about how the mobile ease works and how people like it.
  • Options
    Anyone know the sales of the MArk LT for December? They must not be very good
  • Options
    ANT14ANT14 Member Posts: 2,687
    Last year sales were 10,274, this years 12,753 which is an inrease of 24.1%.

Compare that to it's rival the Cadillac EXT at 7,019 for this year, a -9.6% decrease over last years 7,766.
  • Options
    81% better. Wow.
    I'm surprised how poorly the Cadillac is doing, but dang, it's expensive!