Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline SUT

Comments

• gd113gd113 Member Posts: 114
    Take advice from people who can speak and type english. This is sad.
  • maple2maple2 Member Posts: 177
    Take advice from people who can speak and type english. This is sad.

il have to assume your implying that gearhead is the one butchering the english language "half ton babecue" what the hell is a "babecue"? or "If the barbecue is located at ranch" thats good english. so thanks for the endorsement gd113. so there is your answer ramzey28 keep lookin, straight from a ridgeline owner
  • txftball28txftball28 Member Posts: 2
    hey, I'm looking at buying a ridgeline for my first car (I'm 16) And was wondering a few things about it

How reliable is it? Any major problems with it yet?
    How much does the maitenence and repairs cost? Hopefully, less then a BMW?

When will the 07s come out? How can I try to get a dealer to lower the price a bit for a RTS or RTL model?

How does it drive? If someone isn't going to be off roading or towing that much, is this a good truck for them?

Thanks for the help :D
  • toyowner1toyowner1 Member Posts: 8
    Honda said they will put a diesel in the Ridgeline as soon as they can get it to comply with EPA regulation in all 50 states. Lets hope for better MPG.
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    I did a google search for 2007 Honda Ridgeline and found a site that said in 2007 there will be several more colors, and a new RTX model with a few changes. It seems like it may replace the RT model.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Its funny .............If you folks in DENILE have read
    the WHOLE thread/posts from ROC on the strut issues
    you SHOULD plainly note comments from other 'ridge
    owners to new 'ridge owners that have strut issues.............

I believe you are trying to say "denial."
  • geo9geo9 Member Posts: 735
    Your late to the party !!!!!!!!!!!!

As in the river of de-nile..............
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Oh...after reading through about 55 posts (the amount I was behind) I read you loud and clear!
    4,652 vs ly 3,365, a 38.3% increase.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Can someone tell me if the Navigation screen in the Ridgeline is more than just the nav system..For example, does it act as the display for XM Radio, Stereo and diagnostics etcetera or is it useless if not being used for directions.
    Thanks!
  • sooner_chotsooner_chot Member Posts: 28
    With a newborn joining our family, I am considering a new Pilot, new Ridgeline, or a CPO RX 330. We need something w/ a little more space and can keep for a long long time.

I am a long-time Honda owner. I appreciate the Pilot's interior space and Honda's reliability, but the styling is bland. I like the Ridgeline's styling and space. Would this truck be suitable for a family of 3, maybe 4 in the future? I like the RX 330, but am concerned about the mid-grade/premium fuel it needs.

Given these three choices, I would appreciate any advise/comments.
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    My brother in law uses his Ridgeline with his family of four. He can fit both car seats for his kids in the trunk when he needs the rear bench to drive adults around. Though his wife's car is an Odyssey. So, the truck isn't used all the time.

If you like the Pilot, but would prefer different sheetmetal, take a look at the Acura MDX. Same buggy just different styling and sportier suspension.
  • bill55bill55 Member Posts: 25
    He puts his kids in the trunk?
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    I've seen lots of kids that deserve to be put in the trunk.
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    With young children your best bet would be the Odyssey, unless you really need the AWD of the Pilot/Ridgeline. You'll have a ton more room, which you will quickly grow into, and you will get better gas mileage. Some folks just are dead set against the minivan, but you can't beat them for space and mileage compared to a SUV.

Don't think you could go wrong with any of those vehicles.

JMHO.

TB
  • footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    You sound like me about 6.5 years ago. At the time, we were expecting twins and my '97 Chevy extended cab with third door just wouldn't work out (two car seats and getting infants in/out of them in an extended cab, even w/third door, just wasn't an option).

So the Chevy goes down the road and we get an '00 Odyssey. Tcasboy is right, a minivan is the best option for a young growing family. We loved our Odyssey but I also loved my truck. It was tough going 6 years without a truck but we made it and now have the '06 Ridge. Twins are 6 now and can climb in/out of the Ridge just fine and can even buckle themselves up in their boosters!

Unless you really need the utility of a truck, I'd go with an Odyssey and later down the road, get a Ridgeline or Pilot/MDX. You will defintely grow into the space an Odyssey gives you.

:)
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I said I was seeing about 1 Ridgeline per day on the road. Well now it's more like 2 per day, sometime more.

Bob
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    yeah, me too. They are quite eye grabbing going down the road. Like a Hummer. Can't miss them.

Still holding out for that diesel Ridge and 24 mpg. Bring it on Honda I am ready to buy.

John
    What part of the country? I'm still only seeing about 1/week (not including mine!) on the roads around the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) MN.
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    I said I was seeing about 1 Ridgeline per day on the road. Well now it's more like 2 per day, sometime more.

People may not believe this, but I was on a very isolated dirt road and met another Ridgeline going the opposite direction pulling a trailer of ATVs. I knew then the novelty of being a Ridgeline owner had wore off. Two Ridgelines in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't believe it.
    Howard County Maryland, about 20 miles from Baltimore and 30 miles from Washington.

I'm sure the Ridgeline is more popular on the "coasts" than in the "heartland." That's always been the case, in that domestic brands have always been more popular there.

About a month ago I was at the county landfill, and there were 3 there unloading trash, so yes, they do "work" for a living. ;)

Bob
  • maple2maple2 Member Posts: 177
    About a month ago I was at the county landfill, and there were 3 there unloading trash, so yes, they do "work" for a living.

are you sure that they werent being left at the landfill with the rest of the garbage? :)
    Wow. You would have to be a real idiot to do that knowing the resale value of Honda especially since the Ridge's sales have increased month over month. Are you sure they weren't Fords?
  • roaddog2roaddog2 Member Posts: 13
    With kids, the mini van is the only way! My youngest is now 19 so we got a Ridgeline and a new Civic now but the minivan is the only way to go when the boys were growing up. First it's not the kids that take up the room. It's the stroller, diaper bag, change of clothes and all the rest of the stuff you take with you when you head to the mall. Just as important as the room is the sliding door. An absolute must!!! Also-also expect to be carting more kids than just your's to see Ice Age III and IV! I love my R.Line but it wouldn't have done the job.

Roaddog
    Isn't that the truth?!?! Here in the "heartland", especially in the Twin Cities of Mpls/St. Paul, I bet at least 75% of the trucks on the road are Ford/Chevy/Dodge. And it seems like the percentage of trucks in general is almost that high (like 3 out of every 4 vehicles is a truck!). The rest are SUVs! Well, not quite, there are people driving cars too (and I swear, the vast majority of those are Accords and Civics!).

Well, it's nice to know that a Ridgeline is still somewhat of a novelty here in the upper Midwest.

:)
    Well, if history is any indicator, most "trends" start on the coasts, and eventually gain favor in the heartland. It will take a while, but it will happen.

I'm sure the Civics and Accords that you now see took some time before they became popular where you live. Whereas they have been popular on the coasts for many, many years prior to being "accepted" in the interior of America. I suspect that will be the way with import brand name trucks too.

Bob
    Yes, you are right on all counts. I forgot to mention that there are plenty of import brand name trucks as well ... Titans, Tundras and some of their smaller sized brethren. But by and large, Ford/Chevy/Dodge rule the Northland. Ford even makes a 'Northland Edition' of their F150 (other than badging, I'm not sure what's different about it).

It probably is only a matter of time but for the time being, my Ridge still gets plenty of looks/compliments.

:D
  • master1master1 Member Posts: 340
    There aren't many Ridgeline's in my area but of course, it's because of gas prices. There are numerous Muranos. I really love the Ridgeline's - but I decided not to buy one because of the gas mileage. :(

I think they have a very well controlled ride, and I like sitting high up in the road. If I get into an accident with a Ridgeline, I would be fine. If you can afford it, it's a great car to buy :shades:
  • trashingtontrashington Member Posts: 21
    Hey rsholland, you've probably seen my Ridgeline on the road then because I'm also in HoCo, MD in Ellicott City. I have a 5 minute commute so I don't have much time to see other Ridgelines, but I see about 2 a week now. When I went into Annapolis however I saw 3 while in the city, that's the most I've ever seen in one trip.

Did you know that Honda sells more than twice as many Ridgelines as they do RSXs? I see the RSX all over the place and have 4 friends who own one. Give it a few years and the Ridgeline should be an everyday sight.
    I'm from Ellicott City too. Maybe I've seen your truck. :) Did you get it at O'Donnell Honda?

Yeah, a 5 minute commute doesn't give you much time to see many on the road. They're out there, trust me...

Bob
    Yeah, I bought mine at O'Donnell last June.
    I was watching that VW "Lowest Ego Emissions" commercial last night that has people yelling things from a bullhorn from different types of cars about what their cars say about them, and I thought of what I would yell from the bullhorn about my Ridgeline:

"I'm smarter than you!"
    Does anyone have problems with the rear visibility on their Ridgeline? Since the bed has that slant going from high ascending down, I feel that it blocks the view a bit. What do you think?
    Sure, I noticed it ... the first couple of times I drove it. Now I'm used to it. I'm just extra careful to check the blind spots with a quick turn of my head. But then again, I've done that in every vehicle I've owned.
    I think the reason for the slant has to do with structural reasons. The unibody Avalanche and Subie Baja also have flying buttress-like supports on those vehicles. It adds extra bracing for additional strength.

Bob
    Oh no. The reason is for style. It looks much better when you have that slant instead of a straight line. It's not for strength in this vehicle.
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Odd. I thought Gary Flint said it was part of the structure in the TOV video.
    It is for body integrity. It has been in all the Honda writeups. Search the net, it's easy to find. It was not designed that way for style.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Avalanche is still body on frame. It's nothing but a Suburban with its rear roof removed, thus the need for the structural bracing.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Yeah, I know. What I meant is it's not a separate cab and a separate bed, like a conventional pickup. Sorry for not being clear.

Bob
  • 5553543255535432 Member Posts: 150
    Host,

Host or any Ridgeowners here, experiencing rattles on the front seat passenger side.On very smooth roads it can't be heard, but on roads a bit rough I can hear two kinds of rattle one low pitch rattle and one squeaking sound. Got them around 18,000 miles on my Ridgeline. It is driving me nuts.At one time after the delearship can't remedy it I almost traded it in even at a huge lost.Thats how it's driving me nuts. :sick:
  • greathannygreathanny Member Posts: 17
    I read at least one post that said 2007 Ridgelines are due out in June. When I spoke with two dealers, they indicated that 2007 Ridgelines wouldn't be out until Sept or Oct. Was this a sales pitch to get me to buy a 2006, or does anyone know when the 2007 Ridgelines are due out at the dealers?

I want the 2007 because it is coming out with a gray exterior color. Does anyone know of any other changes (other than color changes) that are being made for 2007?
    There will be an RTX trim level. I think it's mostly cosmetic (different grille, etc.), but I believe the tow package is standard.

Not sure when the '07s will be released.

Bob
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    unless its a new or revamped model, Honda typically brings out the next model year in sept-oct, like those dealers stated.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• guy21guy21 Member Posts: 129
    I had a squeek on the drivers side. Turned out to be a loose fit between the sun visor and its' retaining clip. Both were replaced and it hasn't come back. Try driving the rough road with the visor unclipped and check for your moise.
  • geo9geo9 Member Posts: 735
    GREAT>>>>take a trip over to wheels.com and go to the
    industry reference threads. The 07 start up info. for
    most auto makers will be there............
    Funny you should mention that ... After only a few hundred miles, I noticed a squeak/rattle and determined that it was coming from right above my head. I unclipped the visor and sure enough, the rattle went away. Since I don't like to leave it unclipped, I clipped it back up and after a few iterations of this, it finally stopped. I haven't unclipped it since it stopped but eventually, I suppose I will have to. If the rattle returns, I'll be sure to get back to the dealer and have them replace the clip (and visor?). Anyone know if there's a recall or any other further info on this? You & I are the only ones I've heard about with this problem.
    Had to drive down to Wrightsville Beach, NC on Memorial Day to help move my daughter back to Maryland. Since it was a long 430 mile trip down there, I decided to count all the Ridgelines I could that were coming the opposite direction.

I ended up counting 17. Not too bad considering there were numerous time lapses in my counting, and there were rather large areas of the road that couldn't be seen due to trees, etc.

Bob
  • jay_24jay_24 Member Posts: 536
    During 650+ miles of driving through Wisconsin, I saw a grand total of zero. However Tuesday morning I saw a Tribeca and Baja at the same intersection in MN.

Ridgelines must be a east/west coast thing for the most part.

I see Edmunds has Ridgelines ranked 9th for retained value. The top 10 didn't have much difference. 53% down to 47%.

Edmunds Top 10 list
    IIRC, I saw 13 of the Ridgelines on I-95 heading north, 3 Ridgelines on I-40 heading west, and 1 Ridgeline in Wrightsville Beach.

Most of the Ridgelines were sighted between Baltimore and Petersburg, VA, which is just south of Richmond. Once I got south of Petersburg it got harder to find them. In any event it averaged 1 sighting every 25 miles for the 430 mile trip. Also, this was Memorial Day, so I'm assuming most if not all were being used as family vehicles heading home from vacation. I saw several pulling jet skis, and several with motorcycles in the bed, the rest loaded with vacation gear.

You likely won't see many Ridgelines in the "heartland" of America for a while. Trends almost always start on the coasts, and eventually make it inland.

Oh, I also saw a couple of Tribecas and perhaps a 1/2 dozen or so Bajas.

Bob