Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• kizhekizhe Member Posts: 242
    Obviously, that was a 'V8 JOKE' , guys.
    You may start to laugh now :-).
  • player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    Started with that you might want to not start stuff like that because people who come here to see this thread they see the "V8 thing" and they'll believe it becaus ethey dont know nothing about whats going on, so lets just keep it clean and real here cuz peeps might come and believe our "little jokes".
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Player is right. We all know it's supposed to be a straight 8.
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    Since Honda hasn't made an official announcement about the 2005 CR-V it's all speculation, rumors, and wishful thinking at this point -- no matter how many times you've seen the information posted here and in other forums.

:)
  • ggoomggoom Member Posts: 4
    Do you guys have any clue when Honda make an official announcement for the 2005 CR-V? Was it historically June? Aug? Oct?

By the way, Varmint, what is your source of the info?

Thanks!!
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    I believe it was early September last year.

:)
  • 2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    Am I correct in remembering, don't new model year Honda's come out in mid October? I hope the rumor of 16 inch wheels on the EX proves to be true. That would cinch the deal for me.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    ha ha ha.
    Source? It was posted on a very reputable site with a name I cannot mention as doing so would violate the TH member agreement. Then it was removed later the same day. That's the kind of thing they do when they get info that is too close to the truth and Honda asks them to pull it. By reposting it here, I'm probably burning any chance I might have of achieving my life long dream of being a Honda PR guy. =)

But more to the point, the information is very realistic. The fourth year SE model is pretty much a given with Honda's FMC schedule. The heated leather and painted bumpers are items they already offer in other markets. The addition of 16" rims is a no brainer. The outside temp gauge is another item from other markets. Honda already stocks the tire size for the Element. Heck, they might even use the same rims. Honda has already announced that all the safety equipment is going to be standard across the board by 2007. Seeing it early is no surprize. Revising the grill and headlights is another typical move for the refresh year. They just did it with the Civic.

About the only thing that is unexpected is the possibility of revision to RT4WD.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    And ... don't forget the Straight-8!! It is the special DeVille model CR-V.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

So...

Do the new models for Honda come out sometime in October?

Thanks
    2005 Accord - August
    2005 Civic - September
    2005 S2000 - September

I dont know about the others.
    Anyone know specifically about the CRV and the month it debuts for the new model year? I always thought it was in October.

Thanks
  • suvtimesuvtime Member Posts: 58
    I think your right. Mid to late October for the new models.
  • patrolnissanpatrolnissan Member Posts: 2
    Wouldnt it be worth putting in the Accord's V6 to keep it better than the competition, thad dot he trick, it would definetly be a pretty beefy engine for the Mini SUV segemtn what do u think?
    Will there be VCM on that engine?
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I suspect you'll see a 2.4L hybrid before you see a V6 in the CRV.

Bob
    Knowing how environmentally responsible Honda is compared to other automakers, I think rsholland is right.
    The V6 won't fit under the hood. I mean, sure, it might be possible to shoe horn the block in there, but the radiator and everything else would have to be external. =)

When you change the block, you also have to change the support systems (cooling, exhaust, air intake, etc.). So the V6 really wouldn't be an easy fit.

Going hybrid, as Bob suggested, would require less space under the hood. The battery is the largest component, but that can go in the back. The electric motor used in the IMA system is actually quite small.
  • nyfocus1nyfocus1 Member Posts: 11
    I'm in the market for a small SUV & the CRV is at the top of my list. I was planning to buy during the summer but if there are going to be upgrades to the 2005 CRV, maybe I'll wait until the fall. I can live without the heated leather seats & the power boost seems like it may be a modest one (an extra 5 or 10 hp shouldn't make a big difference). However, stuff like 16 inch wheels, body color bumpers, outside temp gauge, 5-speed auto are things I would like to have.

I guess my question is: Are these real enhancements that is worth waiting for or are they a "wish list" that may or may not happen? I'd hate to wait another 4-6 months if the only change will be a different shade of blue.
    It depends. I would wait, see if I like it. If I like it, buy it. If I don't like it, look at the leftover 04 models that will be discounted.
    Even though the '05 CR-V will not be available until October or November, more information on what enhancements will be included should be confirmed within a months or two. I'd wait to see what they are. Then make the decision.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Forget about V8, V6, straight 8, gay 8, 16" wheels, etc. for 2005. I'll settle for auto-off headlights!

BTW, the SE with leather, heated seats, etc. that you guys are eagerly anticipating -- we've had it in Canada since 2002, in the form of the EX-L.
    With the previous generation CR-V, Canada had the LE model long before we got the SE.
  • crvmancrvman Member Posts: 14
    I love Hondas. I currently have a Honda CRV lx 2000 and may want to upgrade to 2005 however, every since the mover the emergency brake to thew dashboard, my 6'6" frame gets in the way. I don't think Honda is biased towards tall people, however if this continues, I may have to wind up with a Civic.
    try other Honda offerings. The Pilot, Odyssey, Accord are all excellent cars in their class. (although the Odyssey is being redesigned this fall)
  • crvmancrvman Member Posts: 14
    Thanx for the feedback. Although I had an 87 Accord which I fit well in, I can no longer fit in the new ones. In their infinite wisdom, Honda has created more inside headroom in their Civic than Accord. Pilot is an option however I'm hoping that maybe the new CRV will have more head and leg room.
  • refereeguyrefereeguy Member Posts: 20
    I saw a chart of '05 colors on Saturday at my local dealership. As reported earlier, a light metallic silver/green color will be available on LX and EX models only, SE will have 4 colors available including a new pewter tone. My dealer contact has been with this Honda store for 10 years and has fairly good information. He thought new V's will not be at dealerships until November time frame.
    just a little off topic, but does the dealer know anything about the redesigned Odyssey?
    Good one jchan!!!!
    2005 Release Dates/Model Matrix

CR-V

2WD LX Automatic
    4WD LX Automatic
    4WD EX 5spd or Automatic
    4WD SE Automatic
    anything else about next year's CR-V? Like updated colors, seat fabrics, styling changes, etc.?
    no thats basically all that i kno...
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Since the 2005 is not an all-new design (just some updates of the existing model) why is this not just part of the existing CR-V message board?
    It isn't as if there are new engines or major changes to the body or interior.
    It doesn't seem that the volume of either board is that huge that they need to be subdivided.
    that's a good question and one I cannot answer.
  • bshelbshel Member Posts: 232
    Is a speculation thread. Tossing about ideas about having a SE model in the U.S. available. There are a few threads that got started with a question (2004: pros and cons), etc. Comparisons to the appearance and features of the Canadian top model - overseas models etc.
  • leochanleochan Member Posts: 8
    Anyone have an idea (or intuition) whether there will be lumbar support for the 05 model? I would like to buy a CRV but I have test drove 3 03/04 models and they all hurt my back regardless of the positions I play with. ON the other hand, I had no problem finding a comfortable position on the Accord. Thanks!
  • mjd222mjd222 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me what you know about the 2005 color pallet for the Honda CRV? thanks
    He mentioned the OD but I did not press him for details. I let my van go about a year ago in favor of a Suburban Z71 and have not thought at all about vans since then.
    From what I recall the main changes were that LX and EX models will have a light silver/green available. One other new color that will be available on SE models is pewter, otherwise status quo.
  • billhundleybillhundley Member Posts: 7
    Hey Everyone. Just left my local Honda Dealer and the '05 CRV-SE from what they have been told, will have heated leather seats(tan color), heated side mirrors, monochromatic paint, and a few other yet to be announced "tweaks". Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    revised grille and headlights, upgraded brakes, "Safety for Everyone": VSA and side curtain airbags, SE model with leather and body colored bumpers, possible 5AT
  • jmltribjmltrib Member Posts: 20
    Greetings!

For those of you who have seen color info, can you tell us what the 4 colors for the SE model will be. I believe I have seen that pewter and black are two of them and am curious about the rest. Thanks in advance for your reply!
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    IMHO, these are unlikely, unless they are offered on all models. Unlike leather & paint, these require engineering, CPU, and wiring harness changes.
    VSA has been offered on the CR-V since 1996 in the Japanese market. So, the engineering for that one has already been done. The side curtains are new, but Honda may have designed the vehicle with an expectation for adding them later.
    I just don't get Honda. Why don't they offer this stuff in the US?
  • automaticautomatic Member Posts: 41
    I'd be 99% sold on an 05 CRV, if side curtain airbags were available. I am not aware of any other auto maker who has introduced side curtains in mid-product cycle. Subaru did not include them on the 05 Impreza, even though (I believe) all their other 05 models do have them. Seems easier to wait until the next CRV redesign (model year 07?). Is the side-curtain rumor coming from a reliable source, ir is it just wishful thinking?
    "Why don't they offer this stuff in the US?" - Stevedebi

Because we won't pay for it.

You also have to take into account the fact that the CR-V is considered an upscale vehicle in other markets. We think of it as an entry-level vehicle. To them, it's almost a luxo-barge. In Japan, the CR-V competes on par with the Harrier (Highlander to us).

"I am not aware of any other auto maker who has introduced side curtains in mid-product cycle." - Automatic

Honda will have to do this if they expect to meet their "safety for everyone" goal with the Element. The Element isn't due for redesign until 2008. Their goal is to have these safety items standard by the 2007 calendar year.
    I would have paid for VSC, and side curtains... but Honda didn't offer them.
  • icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    Me too. We may be exceptions though. Think about it, there are still people that don't even wear set belts. And a large group of Americans that don't want to wear helmets on their motorcycles. (Not arguing wether the government should have the power, I just can't believe it's an issue.)
This discussion has been closed.