Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler ME Four Twelve concept car

bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Is that a cool ride or what? Where can I send the $40K check?

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Just so everyone knows what you're talking about, here's the link to coverage of this vehicle at NAIAS. I think the concept must have been, "hey, let's conceptualize the Viper."

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    <sarcasm>How dare you call it the ME 412! It is the ME Four-Twelve! And it is a protoype, not a concept!</sarcasm>
  • daflyone6daflyone6 Member Posts: 1
    yes im new to the edmund family.but im a pro ball player that loves cars just like everybody else.but i really need to no when is the chrysler me fourtwelve prototype gonna be ready for sale.because i have to be the first are on of the first to have one.it would mean a great deal to me if i can get that information and sometype of price quote if somebody knows because the car is fabolous.im also wandering what type of person it sits in the inside because im 6'1 and i need to no am i gonna be able to fit right in with a slight lean back and do the seats have a let back and slide handle like a regular car.because when i veiwed the pictures i really couldnt tell.it would help me a great deal to get this info from the hrysler staff,president,gm are builders are whom ever that knows. thank you, chrysler keep up the good work.
    This is a pretty shot of the interior space:

http://www.autonews.com/files/2004NAIAS/chrysler/me412/images/zDS- C_0080.jpg

It looks roomy enough. No word yet on production dates.
    The dash looks kinda funky - is it suede, or something?? Hard to tell from the pic.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

From Autoweek:

"The interior design was by Mark Walters, who did the Tomahawk, and focused tightly on the notion of craftsmanship and use of materials that reflect the car&#146;s nature as engineering exercise. The proprietary seat design is executed in a buttery leather, with the interior trimmed out in ultrasuede, metal and carbon fiber. There is no carpet, the floors being lined in a rubber-foam sandwich material.

The exposed portions of the carbon fiber tub use a molded-in color borrowed from a high-tech surfboard design. The security electronics for the keyless ignition are housed in a carbon fiber key fob shaped to resemble the car itself, while the red &#147;start&#148; button on the dashboard is lit and turns green when the engine fires.

The Nakamichi stereo will be heard if the driver so chooses&#151;Chrysler acquired a dual-pane rear window from the supplier who provides the Saleen S7&#146;s backlight, to insulate the cabin from the engine noise and heat."
  • logic1logic1 Member Posts: 2,433
    Ultrasuede is a great new fabric. It is synthetic, but matches the look of leather very well.

I have some furniture upholstered with ultrasuede, and really like it. It is also very durable, easy to clean, and comfortable. I exchanged e-mails with the designer of my sofa. He said ultrasuede allows him more flexibility, as it is easier and more economic to work than real leather.

I hope more automanufacturers start using it.
    Yeah, I've had an ultrasuede sofa as well, and it held up well and cleaned like a charm. I'm curious to see how it'll sell as automotive trim, though. I like the fabric, but on the dash it looks kinda funky. I've never wished for a more plush dash before :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    It looks funky fer sure, but that's a familiarity issue, I think. Functionally, it makes great sense, as any dash material with the least reflectivity can cause some nasty glare at times!

What's with all the blue light stuff?

BTW, this is the only thing from the show, other than the Nomad, that really tickled my fancy. I hope they can both make it to market undiluted.

I'd add the Mustang, but that's all of a done deal, as shown.
    Reporter Brett Clanton is looking to interview a few people who have bought or are planning to buy a Chrysler or Dodge vehicle because of the Hemi. Please call him at 313-222-2612 or e-mail him at bclanton@detnews.com by Wednesday, January 28. Please feel free to contact me at jfallon@edmunds.com with any questions.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

This discussion has been closed.