Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Hatchback

Comments

• wave54wave54 Member Posts: 211
    How many miles are on the car? Less than 80K?

It failed at 111K miles, which is still way too soon considering the car was running fine up until then. I've never replaced one before, even with 300K miles.

The fact that I had a breakdown is less upsetting than the super-high parts prices -- $732 for the converter and $353 for a muffler. I searched online before giving the okay for the repair and could find NO cheaper alternatives. Many models have a direct-fit converter for under $200 or a universal part that can be adapted for $50
  • dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    111K is almost in the middle of the average life for a catalytic converter. I have yet to have but one catalytic converter go past the expected life of 100K to 150K miles. They always seem to fail emissions testing sometime before the 150K mark. This always seemed early to me because the cars were always kept up with at least the normal duty maintenance at the dealer since new. According to the fact sheet at the emissions test site, most oxygen sensors and catalytic converters need replacing sometime between 100K and 150K.

You think those prices were high, I had the same problem with my 2003 Toyota last year at 130K miles. Catalytic converter and mid pipe assembly were $1100 and the muffler and rear pipe were $280. I feel your pain on the apparent high prices.

Because the EPA mandates that the exhaust system cannot be modified (in areas that the EPA requires emissions testing) until the car reaches 8 years or 80K miles, very few after market supplier will have enough demand to supply the catalytic converter until the car is nearly 8 model years old.
    very few after market supplier will have enough demand to supply the catalytic converter until the car is nearly 8 model years old.

I guess a lot depends on the model -- with a quick Google search, I could find original replacement catalytic converters for a 2004 Impala for $161, Neon - $191, Focus - $270, Civic - $294, etc.

I work in the delivery business where high mileage is the norm, and vehicles from small cars to vans rack up 200-400K miles. I've never heard of a similar failure that completely stopped the vehicle and required a tow.

Sounds like your state's emissions testing is quite severe - - I've always passed with little difficulty on much higher mileage vehicles. Even with a "fail", you're only required to spend a minimal amount to satisfy the law.
  • dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    It is not a matter of the year of the car but a matter of how long and how many of the cars have used the same catalytic converter. All of those models you mentioned are essentially the same models that have been out for years using the same catalytic converter. The Neon has been available since 1998, the Focus since 2000, Civic since 1996 with a minor model update in 2000, GM uses the same basic parts across many different lines and models for years.

Unfortunately Daewoo did not sell a lot of cars in the US when they tried. Chevy has sold a large number of Aveos so it is only a matter of time before the aftermarket starts to offer the parts. I had to wait until 2003 for a 1996 Chevy Metro Sedan for the aftermarket to have the Catalytic converter and muffler available. I am guessing that Aveo parts will start going aftermarket in about 3-4 more years. By them yours will be out to pasture given the miles that are being pounded out on it.

Did you try calling places like Midas to get an estimate for the work from them to see if they can get parts from one of their suppliers?

It is not the State in most cases that determines the emissions testing levels, but the EPA mandates to the Cities.
    Did you try calling places like Midas to get an estimate for the work from them to see if they can get parts from one of their suppliers?

Haven't had any luck with the chain operations like Firestone or Monro for struts, shocks, etc.

Seems the only source right now is GM -- had the work done at an independent shop. Parts came in fairly quickly -- ordered Fri. and came in on Mon.
  • scottboatscottboat Member Posts: 1
    I have a 06 aveo with 27k miles. I bought it new and have the 30k warranty. When I drive my car 5 or 10 plus miles I start to hear a knocking noise and I'm not sure it's coming from the engine or what. I have taken care of the car and I'm getting concerned. Once I turn the car off after hearing the noise and then start it a minute later, the noise is not there.
    I would appreciate any suggestions..... thanks
    You need to better locate the sound so you can describe it to the dealer. When the knocking starts, is it just while moving or does it make that sound standing still? Does it get worse or better as you accelerate?

When it starts, pull over and open the hood and listen to the engine.

If at all possible, while the knock occurs, leave the car running and take it to a dealer immediately to have it checked. If not, the mechanic may not be able to duplicate the noise.

P.S. The warranty is 3 yrs/36K bumper-to-bumper and 5 yrs/60K for powertrain.
  • ron1970ron1970 Member Posts: 26
    Hi all,

I have a problem to report: My 2006 SVM blew the computer (brain) today because of the cold weather. The service manager said that this is currently happening across Canada and the US. He best guess is several weeks because it is on back order. Chevy is paying the rental car bill, but they gave me a Suburban. Take about a mileage issue....

Ron
  • pbolpbol Member Posts: 15
    Hi can you let me know what the dealer did for you on this problem of no starting and the freezing of the the throttle body /pcv valve problems.Thanks
    Hi i have the same issues,My computer went on mine to, 2006 hatch,I had a hard time with starting problems,It would start and then die,The engine light would come on and stay on,The new computer has just been replaced so will see what happens.
  • agrzeskowiakagrzeskowiak Member Posts: 15
    Today I left my home and the trany light and hold light were both flashing. the car wouldn't shift either. Also when the lights went out there was a loud cracking noise somewhere in the car and I immediately had HOT air blowing. the hottest air ever to heat up that car in less then 10 minutes. I immediately drove to the dealer ship and now have a rental car until they can look at it. Anyone have any ideas?
    GOT A CALL FROM DEALERSHIP TODAY AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT I WON;T GET MY CAR BACK UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT OR TUESDAY. IT IS FRIDAY. SOMETHING ABOUT THE CATALITIC CONVERTER, MUFFLER AND CYLINDERS BEING BAD. THE GUY FROM THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD A BULLETIN TO WATCH FOR THESE PROBLEMS.(WHICH I FIND INTERESTING) NO ONE EVER INFORMED ME UNTIL I BROUGHT IT IN WITH THE NEW ISSUES. WELL ATLEAST I AM STILL UNDER WARRANTY ALSO HAVE LESS THEN 11400 MILES ON THE CAR AND ITS AN 05 HATCHBACK.
    OK all heres the skinny. the last post is an error on my part and big misunderstanding. They are replacing the intake valves and exhaust valves on my 05 aveo. just thought I'd clear it up.
    Well the 3-6 monthes took 5 days. I filled up the car, and so far the mileage is back to where it should be around 38. No issues with the GM service so far.

Ron
    Were you getting bad gas milage ,Hows the new computer alright in the cold weather ?
  • annalise75annalise75 Member Posts: 5
    I couldn't help but notice all the talk about Aveo tires wearing out at 3000 miles and just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. I have a 2005 Aveo LS hatchback with 20,000 mi. and the ORIGIONAL tires. Haven't had any problems with them either. :)
  • jworsleyjworsley Member Posts: 7
    You might remember me from awhile ago. I fixed my creaking suspension problems,, it took 6-7 trips to the dealership, my car has been in the shop for a total of 30 days spread across several months, After multiple bumbling attempts to adjust this and that they finally replaced both lower control arms on both the left and front side. Walah all creaking gone, I put on new tires to boot.

One little problem remains, after they did this there suddenly appeared a rattling noise out of what seems to me to be the center right of the suspension area at all speeds from 8 mph up to high speeds. Even on brand new paved roads you can hear the rattling. Its the same kind of rattling you here when you hit a bump harshly on any old worn out car,, except on this one this is a new car now only 35,968 miles on it.

Im happy that they finally got all the squeeking and popping fixed but Im taking in again to see if they can address this final item.. If i had to guess they are going to have to replace the upper control arms also, if there are any upper control arms on this vehicle.

So in short this has been an experience from hell, eaten up massive personal time, and pissed the hell out of me. They requested from GM and are going to honor a extended service and warranty contract on the front suspension as a nicety. And so far all of these trips has been covered under the existing 36,000 mile standard warranty.

They also due to the extension will cover this final fix on the remaing rattling noise. I really think when they finish they just might have replaced the ENTIRE front suspension through various fixes.

Before they did the control arms they were in their doing bushings and many other little items. All to no avail..

LISTEN UP PEEPS,, youve got to push them or else you will exit your warranty with a piece of garbage. Even if you exit your warranty you shoul consider an attorney because the suspension components or design of the suspension is way below spec of what one would expect from the cheapest of the small compact market. Get a lawyer if you need one,, cause I can assure you that my car is probably 1 in a 1000 that this is going on with.

Besides for all i know they replaced my suspension components with a set of components that will also fall apart again in another 10k miles.

There is no way that a multibillion dollar company can expect a person to lay down hard earn dollars for a product that is defective and not have to either recall the car,, fix the car, compensate the consumer or just plain out cancel the loan and take the car back
    As a matter of fact this suspension problem might just be widespread enough and the basis for a class action lawsuit if GM doesnt just come out and say ,, Houston we have a problem. The problem is that GM has tried to ignore this and get people out of their warranty periods.

Hear that!? GM........ CLASS A C T I O N

I read another message where someone else took their brand new Aveo back to the dealership and the dealership tried to tell them that the control arms were damaged and the car must have had an accident. This is an example of a bogus response and outright affront to a consumer who has never had even a bump in their brand new car. On this note in my particular case Across the period of fixes that I had,, on two occassons I noticed the technicians slipping in similar bogus commentary on work orders trying to explain away the faulty design and suspension components to something unrelated.

Anybody out there who can find a good lawyer, please email me at velvetdawn68@yahoo.com I would love to shove this piece of [non-permissible content removed] back in the face of GM. Maybe GM can sell it back as scrap metal to the south koreans so they can build bomb shelters or something.
    Hi all,

Well the first full tank after the computer was replaced. The Temp/Weather was about the same before the computer went to lunch. 32.1 right before and now 33.1 after. This is a far cry from the 43 last summer, but I know the thanks to winter blended gas we drop 20%. This software must not like the cold weather. I know the 5% is not a lot but still.

Ron
    As a matter of fact this suspension problem might just be widespread enough and the basis for a class action lawsuit if GM doesnt just come out and say ,, Houston we have a problem.

I agree -- there are numerous complaints on different forums and the customer reviews for the '04 here on Edmund. This IS NOT isolated to just a few.

Worse yet, the noises become almost constant with significant loosening of the suspension and a lot of drifting and wallowing on the road. I've just learned to live with it since I put the miles on so fast, I won't have this car but another year or two before it's dead.

At 115K, there is quite a bit of side-to-side sway even in a light wind (5 to 10 mph) and the car jerks violently with the stronger winds we've had recently (20 to 35 mph). It feels like the body is only vaguely connected to the tires and the road.

The designers got some things right, but the suspension on the early models wasn't one of them. Wouldn't consider a lawsuit unless there were many others involved -- the cost would be greater than the pay-off for the car and GM would tie up any action for years.
  • bowsersbowsers Member Posts: 14
    Everyone keeps complaining about the Aveo's tires? You wouldnt expect $200 tires on an "economy" car that lists for $10,000. This car was primarily designed as a second car, for city driving,short trips,food shopping,college students,housewives etc. I would'nt recommend it on the freeways and interstates due to its top speed,size and weight. Large 18 wheel trucks would'nt even see you and a strong cross wind will blow you off the road! Also I would not want to be in a major accident in this car! But it is cute, fun to drive, great for parking, and gets fairly decent gas milage. So whenever "original" tires wear out invest in a good set of Michelin's or GoodYear's and have fun!
  • kparkskparks Member Posts: 1
    I bought my car new on November 14,2006....It is now February 21, 2007 and my car has been in the shop at the local Chevy dealer for 8 days now. It had been making a "ticking" sound when idling. The noise got louder when I accelerated. The car has 4,500 miles on it. Mostly highway miles. I drive 45 miles round trip each day on the interstate...to and from work. And mostly local trips to supermarket, etc...
    On Day 2, I was told that the lifters failed...so they replaced all the lifters....
    On Day 6, (yes, no news for 4 days...I was told that they heard the same noise after this work was done...so they called the engineers at GM...I was then told that there was a problem with the # 1 cylinder, something about a rod knocking...
    Today, on Day 8, I was told that the car needs a new crank shaft! I told the mechanic to NOT to anything more to the car. I told him that I do now want a "REPAIRED" engine...I want a NEW ENGINE OR A NEW CAR. This is a brand NEW CAR!!!

On the day that I took the car to the shop, I called the internet salesman who sold me the car,who is onsite at the facility where I bought the car, to notify him of the problem. He assured me that a General Manager would call me to see how they can "make things right". On Day 8, I hadn't heard from a GM...so I tracked one day myself tonight. He was incrediblty rude...and seemed as if he had no time and couldn't care less about my situation. I told him that perhaps I didn't even want this car back. He told me that any decision on that, would not be his...and that I'd have to talk to someone at the "800" number. So I asked for that number. He told me that he didn't have it and he told me that I would have to look it up! He refused to attempt to loate the number..he even refused to transfer me to someone who had the number...How can a GM NOT KNOW THE "800" number for their customers...Is this how a GM for a HUGE corporation operates??? I am baffled...and FRUSTRATED and MAD AS HELL.
    I hung up and again called the salesman and left a message for him explaining my dissatisfaction in just about every aspect in my experience with their organization.
    Being a single parent, working my butt off to make ends meet...finally can afford a NEW CAR...and this is what I get...a "spicy orange" short school bus of a car!
    Also, the car handles POORLY on the highway with just a slight wind...I was almost blown into the side of an 18 wheeler one day when it was a bit windier. I had to take my foot off the brake and struggle with 2 hands on the wheel to prevent myself form being sucked under or into the truck.

I plan to protest outside this business (on weekends) until my demands are met:
    1. NEW ENGINE (with extended warranty at their cost) and upgraded aluminum wheels and 2 bike racks - for my aggravation

2. NEW CAR (with extended warranty at their cost) and upgraded aluminum wheels and 2 bike racks - for my aggravation

K Parks
  • wheeler6wheeler6 Member Posts: 2
    Wave54, you are very likely correct that the ’04 model does have some problems. All new model vehicles in their first year have some problems. I remember when the Honda Del Sol first came out, it had a couple of problems. However, it does seem people are young and are just owning their first vehicles here. They are naïve in their knowledge and reckless in caring for the car. Look what a young fellow did to his new Aveo.

http://www.geocities.com/auto_world_blog/
  • toomuchrocktoomuchrock Member Posts: 19
    man that sucks. Good luck getting anything out of GM though, they are righteous jack asses. GM is great, as long as you aren't having any problems with your vehicle.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I am indeed rocking too much for my wife right now. I'm listening to The Tragically Hip's 'Yer Favourites' CD. They are genius' at rocking...soft songs or hard rock. They cut their teeth in NE U.S. and eastern Canadian bars playing Rolling Stones songs. Thing is, their own music that they're playing now is better than the Rolling Stones. ;)

General Motors just doesn't get it. If your Aveo's motor craps out they owe you a new one. Period. And in the meantime, while yours is getting fixed, they owe you a ride in an Electric Blue or Rally Red 5-speed 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with the optional Sun and Sound Package(650 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo played on 9 speakers...and a sunroof to boot).

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• c118fec118fe Member Posts: 23
    I bought a used '06 Aveo5 on 2/24/07.The original owner took delivery on 5/13/06 and had 10050 mi at my purchase.Does GM continue the original 36/36000 warranty being I am the 2nd owner? My Chevy dealer kinda played"I've got a secret" on that. :confuse:
  • madridjoemadridjoe Member Posts: 28
    the warranty follows the car. In the case of a 06 Aveo, you have 3 yrs or 36,000 mi bumper to bumper, and 5 yrs or 60,000 mi on the drivetrain.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Member Posts: 161
    The warranty does follow the car..BUT it starts the day it was FIRST 'put into service',by the first owner. So the first day that the tires hit the pavement with the first owner,is the beginning of the 3year/36K mile warranty and the drive train warranty. Since you know that date,you count down from there. The first day it was 'Put into service', is the term they use, is where you start the count down of both warranties. Looks like you are covered till 5/13/09 or 36K miles, which ever happens first. Then the 5 year 60K miles for the power train warranty goes till 5/13/2011 or 60K miles. Whichever comes first.
  • c118fec118fe Member Posts: 23
    If the timing belt goes or starts to go before 60000,do they pick up the tab under warranty? Just dont make sense to build an engine that you have to change an item like that on scheduled maint.
    If the timing belt goes or starts to go before 60000,do they pick up the tab under warranty?

Yes! I had mine replaced under warranty at 43K -- it had been making a lot of noise, but didn't break. The dealership insisted that it was not covered until I called GM's 800 number.

You should have a warranty booklet with the driver's manual that states what items are covered and which aren't under the 60K drivetrain protection.
  • geissajgeissaj Member Posts: 14
    GM knows this part is defective and so do all the Gm mechanics out there. I have faulty control arms in my garage and would love to have a GM engineer explain why they failed at 13,000 miles. cost me two hundred for the parts and took an hour to install. The Aveo is the simplest car GM sells and it is beyond me how they can repair think twice about buying a Corvette or Cadillac if they can't fix an Aveo :confuse: ">
    You should file a lemon law complaint. Most cars have some problems what's important is how the manufacturer reponds to these problems, GM appears to be neglegent in their responsabilities to repair vehicles that they manufacture and sell. The worst part is the mechanics and engineers know of these problems and have been given certain instructions not to disclose defects in these cars. Along with lemon laws ,states need to enact fradulant disclosure laws that would hold mechanics and sevice managers responsible through fines and penalties if they intentionally inform customers that defects are normal or they can't locate problems when they have repair orders in there files with similar complaints. The main problem with warranty repairs is the Company GM is the client not the car owners. Good luck with you car all cars have some problems.
    Timing belt is part of warranty and also emission waranty extended for California emission states CA, NY, MA and I think CT then wararnty is for 80,000 miles GM may be in violaton of EPA environmental laws and subject to fines for each incident if not properly repairing vehicles under emission warranties. Same law that dosen't let you remove catalytic converter, check engine light etc. Don't let GM preach green and break emission laws.
    My 'new' minor problem is the rear wiper on my hatchback. It has always NOT cleared the glass the entire length of the wiper blade. And I have changed it 4 times already. Gone to bigger size blade, then smaller size blade. Now it is at the 'factory' size, it still doesn't clean the last 1 in of the window that the wiper hits. All it does is smear the glass. Does anyone else have this problem. It is minor, during a heavy rain it cleans the glass great, but using the washer spray it just doesn't clean all the glass it could reach, no matter what size blade I have put on. Any hints to fix this? BEFORE I go to the dealer.
  • woodsmanmnwoodsmanmn Member Posts: 13
    My rear wiper does the same thing. It seems there is not enough tension in the spring to get good pressure on the window. But I see no obvious way to tighten the spring.
    Well at least I am not alone. It is probably something the dealer could replace...but even a new wiper assembly, would have the same tension in it. Unless they have a TSB about this...I guess I should call and ask if there is one. I just sold my set of wheel covers to a guy that had 2 engines put into his 2006 Aveo...2 timing belts,multiple serious mechanical things went wrong,and he finally got them to take it back under the Lemon Law. BUT they wanted to charge him $125 for 1 wheel cover that has a SCRATCH on it, yes the cheap 5 pointed star plastic ones that come on the LS. I sold the set on EBay for WAYYYY under that, since I put on a Daewoo set that look very unusual, and I have never seen on another car. Aveo or Daewoo....So I have had the covers in a box in the back of the car since the day I bought it. I thought I had problems! He had 2 engines put in and now he is looking for a new car. Not an Aveo. So this is a tiny problem...man I have my fingers crossed! Hurry up lottery!!
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Who knows what was with the car. Was there owner negligence that contributed to his problems?

That 1.6 liter engine has been around for quite some time but was made heavier duty once it reached the Aveo. Some of the upgrades include a thicker block and a different fuel injection systems. My old 1988 Pontiac Lemans (Daewoo) had the previous 1.6 L engine which was a single camshaft engine that made I believe 72 hp. This is the only Chevy that I know of that has a timing belt, all others have the long lasting chain. Changing belts in these cars is pretty simple and required. Those who buy imports are very familiar with this maintenace every 50-60,000 miles.
    I was just mentioning it in my reply to MY posting. This guy told me he had ALL the problems I have encountered so far,and much more. Till finally he got it recalled under the lemon law. After GM offered him $3K then $10K to buy another GM car. He kept to his guns and got it recalled under the lemon law. I was just mentioning it. Somehow I dont know how you could ruin 2 engines and wear out timing belts at 4K miles. Just like my tires wearing out at 2-3K miles! Build junk,you get junk. Hey Ford use to be that way,and some still say it is. I personally would go back to Ford today,IF I could get full price for my Aveo. But it is the first year. So..no shot at that! Besides..so far no mechanical problems so far..just annoying problems.
  • willyt3willyt3 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if a 2007 bumper cover will fit a 2005? Is it the exact same as the 05? I need to replace mine and didn't know if it would cross over. I have access to an 07 cover.
    It depends on if you are talking about the FRONT or REAR bumper. The 2007 SEDAN is totally different inside and out. IF it is a REAR bumper of a 2007,it will fit the REAR of a 5 door hatchback only. If you are talking about a FRONT 2007 bumper, it will not fit. It is totally different. The 5 door hatchback is the same, except for a few minor interior changes. The outside is the same. So a 2007 rear bumper should fit...but the front definately wont fit on a 2005. :D
    Check my post under the vibration thread and the previous posts i made to see the journey of my failed fixes and guesswork at the dealership and what actually fixed the car. Its all fixed now though , they ultimately replaced both control arms and lastly part of the front right strut assembly, i believe it was the strut/shock itself ended up needing to be replaced also. All is normal and groovy now. State of perfection for now. It took way to long to figure out at the dealership, but they didnt charge me a nickel and i got an extended warrant for the front end supsension components to boot.

Ive just been informed though that GM is recommending that the timing belt be changed at 30,000 miles. Whether they mean every 30,000 miles or not Im still unclear on that. If so that is insane. As i mentioned in the vibration thread of the AVeo message board,,the last car i had to do that on was in the 1970's and it was called a Fiat. lol

Ive got 39,400 miles right now. Ifeel sorry for that poor girl angela50, looks like shes just beginning the journey and they are telling her things like her car is just to cold, lol or perhaps the tires need changing. LOL
    Well my hatchback was hit by a dumb bi--h in a new Silverado crewcab truck! She was so busy taking on her pink Razr phone and in a hurry to get to nowhere, 'she didnt see me'...I had my FULL headlights on, I do that just to be sure I AM seen, it was 9 in the morning, and she didnt see me, she cut across 3 lanes of traffic out of a Wal-Greens parking lot and hit me and pushed me over 3 lanes into the side of the road! I was just driving to work at 30mph, I had the right of way, she was coming out of this Wal-Greens, and she SAYS that someone in another truck waved her to come into the road...but I never saw this person...and they dissappeared, all I saw was her heading towards my head! I grabbed the steering wheel, hit the gas and she hit me right on the left rear passenger door and the little quarter panel...if I hadn't at least tried to get out of the way, she would have hit ME in the drivers seat! All she could say was, 'are you alright', then 'my insurance is going to go up AGAIN!' This is a NEW 2006 Silverado I found out in the report...and she has like 5 swipe marks of paint on the damn thing, where she must have hit 5 other cars...5 different colors of paint. All she had from hitting me was a 1 line swipe of Blue on her bumper! My left side is gone from the drivers door back. We both have State Farm Insurance. But when I called the cops, and he came, and got all our information, HER name was NOT on the insurance card and she gave him some excuse, he must have belived because he just wrote up the report,and then he informed us that he isnt a 'fan of writing tickets'...even though SHE casued the accident,because 'once WE all get to court they get kicked out 99% of the time because I didnt SEE her hit you myself and she has admitted guilt,so I'm not going to give her any citations'. I go 11 mph to fast and I get a freaking $185 ticket! She had like 3 tickets coming to her...and she got none! BUT he said he was putting on the report that since she openly said she hit me and didnt deny it, it will be on the records at the station for our insurance to get if they need the details of the hit. Can you belive this? Then the second he was done with us, she got in her truck and started to leave...AFTER she had said to me..'My dad is the head of a GM body shop in Pompano Beach at some GM dealership...maybe he can get you a good price and a fast fix on your car and a free rental car'. Price? Insurance is suppose to cover it...there is no 'good price'. But then she starts to take off and I asked, 'what about your father and this offer,to fix my car FAST?' And she said, 'I have to go to Orlando for the day on work and I have to get to the airport...call State Farm and do what they say to do'. So far 3 days later, she has yet to return State Farms calls to open HER claim, so I can get my car fixed! I already did, and they are waiting for her...and they even noticed that a mans name is on the policy and asked me if this GUY hit me...the name on the policy,and I said no...she said it was her husbands truck and 'State Farm just cant seem to get an insurance card in her name to her'! They didnt even buy that excuse! The insurance is good..lets hope she didn't steal the truck. I haven't EVER had an accident,so I am green....but as long as a policy is GOOD...doesn't that policy HAVE to pay for the damage when they are charged with the accident? My damage claim rep. says there is a policy covering the truck, but it is under this guys name,they are assuming it is her husband, so she doesnt HAVE to be on the insurance card...as long as they are married,or even if he just said that she can use the truck. HE is liable or his policy is liable. She lives like only 5 blocks from me...and it is obviously HER truck..lots of female stuff in it...not a guys truck! Since she said HER insurance was going to go up 'AGAIN'...she must not be new to this. So she must be on the policy...right? To big of a damn truck for this cow.So here I sit..cant do anything, and have to hope she can be bothered to call State Farm back on Monday,and open a claim, so I can get this fixed. So far I have everything in line ready to go..all I have to do is drop it off at my dealership, and they are ready....4-6 working days to fix....guarenteed for as long as I own it...but when I go to sell it..it is going to show it was in an accident! THAT will devalue it, won't it? But I cant sue this cow for loss of any profit, until I try to trade it in...and thats years off...till I get some profit built into it. So thats my situation now. Women in big trucks dont mix. And yes it is a sexist thing to say! I don't care. That cell phone barely left her ear the entire time I saw here...and the cop saw it to. I wonder if she was paying attention to driving????? Or her pretty pink Razr phone? Which do YOU think? :sick:
    I have a 2006 aveo with 8k,When new i noticed a slight vibration in the front end,I found out they were the tires that caused all the problems,I think they are junk or blem tires they use to be honest,I replaced them with some HP4000 tires and it drives very smooth now.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Sorry to hear about your accident. If you're looking for advice about insurance or dealing with accidents, the Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents discussion would be a good place to post your story.
    No. I wasnt looking for advice really...Just posting what happened to me..and that my little Aveo is smashed and this woman that hit me STILL hasnt started a claim on her side,so I can get it fixed, and State Farm has tried to get ahold of HER the MAN that the truck is registered to and HIS name is on the insurance card,not HER. And he still has not called back HIS agent. They are calling them both...and they wont call back. So here I sit paying for a smashed in NEW car...and I cant do anything but wait. And now my body pains are turning up....big time! :cry:
  • achilcuttachilcutt Member Posts: 2
    i bought a 06 aveo in september it has been in the shop about 10 times now they have replaced the struts, ball joints, tires, rims, speakers, 02 sensor, ty-rods, and tyrod ends, and the list goes on was told by chevy that they cant claim as a lemon. the trans wont shift half the time, when you are going down a hill it starts to down shift, i got it back monday for the squeeking they torqued the control arms and they are squeeking again, has a bad vibration and was told it is with in limits, and the car runs like crap!!!!!!!!!!! and chevy will not stand behind this car what so ever!!!!!!! :lemon: :mad:
    Unless it was bad body work, or you tell a potential buyer, no one will ever know it was in an accident. The only time a title will show something to indicate an accident, etc., is when it was totaled or when there was flood damage. Your insurance agent should do most of the work for you, don't settle for their body shop, chose one that you trust. The dealer sounds like a good one.
    That is a terrible thing to happen with a new car. When you say that Chevy won't stand behind it what do you mean? Haven't they taken it in to repair it. If after doing so if the same issues are occuring with the squeeking and all I would talk with the service manager. If he thinks they have done all they could do I would seek another dealership to service it. I don't know what the lemon law is in your area, but here in Illinois there has to be several occurances of the same kind (part) in the first year of ownership to qualify for replacement. Unfortunately the consumer doesn't have any other recourse other than having a dealer try and remedie the problem.
    I would have to tell you for sure ,You just got a very bad one, or missed on the line for quality control.All the people i talk to love their aveo ,no problems other than junky ,jumpy kumho tires ,that maybe your problme as well,I changed mine to a high quality performance tire hp4000,She drives very smooth now,
    Well it isn't totaled, but a $10k car that has $2,500 plus damage is HIGH. 'Luckliy' MY dealer,that I bought it from, is a 'State Farm Approved repair place'. And IF I get it repaired there,they stand behind their work for the LIFE of the car! And I want the dealer to fix it. That way IF someone pulls up a Carfax report and sees it had an accident...it also has a lifetime repair warranty with it. It MAY go in the shop on Monday. I am so tired of looking at it. And my lawyer and my State Farm agent and the body shop manager all said that there is no reason not to get it fixed,except I have to pay for a rental car and the deductable! THEN when the cops report comes out...sometime next week...yes I called and it takes up to 10 days to get the report in the 'system'. It will take State Farm possibly a month or more to refund me my deductable and refund my car rental. PLUS I am suing this woman and the owner of the truck for this accident, and all the expenses I incure. She wants to lie and deny liablity...then she and he will pay..BIG time. My body pains and my smashed car will be in their minds as long as it will be in mine, and HIS insurance will go up ...again...just as she said the minute she popped out of that truck after she hit me! 'Oh God..my insurance is going to go up...again!!!!' So she is no stranger to accidents. I know I will end up in small claims court maybe to recover every cent...but that is why I have a lawyer..to handle all of that for me. Granted he gets 30% of any recovery..but any 'pain' I can cause that lying sack of poop...she deserves it. I am being polite and I have controled my rage long enough. Once my car is out of my sight..and is fixed..and is back in my hands..and IF they ever find out why I am in pain 99% ofthe time on my right side and have nightmares every night...getting like 2 hrs. sleep a night! THEN I will be much calmer. THEN I will let my lawyer put the screws to her..and let State Farm fight it out between each other. On a happy note......Anyone seen the newest Spiderman movie yet? I am going to try and sit stil for 2.5 hrs and see it..but I don't know if I can...so....is it worth the pain IF I can see it?:)