Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid

Comments

• bostonronbostonron Member Posts: 7
    Beezy 21 I gave the name of the dealership, reply message #83. It was Boston Volkswagon see the new car manager. Bostonron
  • dviolagisdviolagis Member Posts: 2
    V8, rear dif, winter package, 4 zone climate, park assist and premium plus package. All for $46,019
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    I am looking to purchase a Touareg in the next few months and am curious as to what types of prices you all are paying in the DC area (MD/VA)?

Any real life experiences to share? Please also provide dealer name if possible.

Thanks
  • socalfranksocalfrank Member Posts: 11
    I have seen newspaper ads for "All V8 Touaregs in stock" at $7200 off MSRP. Of course if you read the leeetle print $1000 of that is VW loyalty cash which is only good if you currently own a VW.
  • quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    You ought to be able to get the same deal on a new one, without the 8000 miles

Good Luck
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    Does anyone know of a website that has the 2005 Touareg prices on it.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We have MSRP prices up - no invoice prices yet.

Steve, Host
  • wetwilliewetwillie Member Posts: 129
    Kelly Blue book has both. www.kbb.com
    Are the October incentives out yet?
  • mschreinermschreiner Member Posts: 3
    None that I know of.

Couple of questions, though.

1. Are all those prices you guys talk about "Out-the-door" prices??? (including base price + options + destination, DMV, documentation fees AND TAXES)

2. The 2005 Touareg seems to be available. I have been offered:

VW Touareg V6 2004
    +Navigation
    +DMV, doc, county taxes.

$37,500. Out-the-door. Cash deal.

This is in San Francisco Bay Area. With 8.25% County Tax.

What do you think? Hope it is of help for others.
    Has anyone bought a 2005 Touareg yet? What have you paid?
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 4
    Got this off the web: October VW specials:

2004 Model Specials:

0% Financing on 2004 Jettas up to 66 mos*

0% on 2004 Passat GL 1.8T & GLS 1.8T/2.8l V6 sedans & Wagons up to 66months*

0% on 2004 Beetle 2.0l Hardtop & 1.8T hardtops up to 66 mos*

0.9% on 2004VW Touareg up to 36 mos*

*To approved, qualified Credit through October 31st, 2004.

*Excludes TDI models, subject to availabililty.

2005 MODEL SPECIALS:

2.9% Financing on Touareg V6 & V8 up to 66 months*
    2.9% financing on '05 VW Jettas up to 66 months*
    2.9% financing on '05 Golf, GTI, New Beetle convertibles & Hardtops up to 66 months*
    2.9% financing on '05 VW Passats up to 66 months*
    *Excludes TDI models, subject to availability

Here's the link:

http://www.zimbrickvw.com/en_US/f_MiscPage_2.chtml
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    It was between the FX35 and the touareg but all these problems i am hearing about have scared the hell out of me. Looks like infiniti will be getting my money. Damn! It would have been nice to get a Touareg though. The wife really likes the design and i would have scored brownie points.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    If you dont need the towing or off-road capability of the VW, and you dont mind the hard ride of the fx, you are better off with the car-based SUV. You give up nothing in room or features. For VW's part, they are stepping up to the plate to fix stuff.
    Finally got some quotes on the 2005's

Vw Touareg 2005 V6
    Reflex Silver.
    Premium Pack. II (power seats, etc).
    Navigator.
    Parking Assistance.

Total $40,900+Tax+Doc.
    Out of the lot for $44,560

Vw Touareg 2005 V6
    Offroad gray.
    Premium Pack. II (power seats, etc).
    Navigator.
    Parking Assistance.

Total $40,900+Tax+Doc.
    Out of the lot for $44,350

These are "cash deals", which is not very common lately (it seems) here in Northern California.
    Comments welcomed.
  • pman1pman1 Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer for a 2004 V8 with the following extras itemized at invoice:
    Premium Plus
    19" Wheels
    Electronic Parking Assist
    Rear Differential Lock
    OnStar Telematics

Total price before tax and after $3500 incentive is $45,866.

Any thoughts?
  • nigelunigelu Member Posts: 6
    I have an offer from a dealer of a 2004 V8 with no major options as follows.

Invoice $38620
    Less rebate $3500
    Plus Delivery $615
    Dealer profit $500
    Total $36235 (before taxes)

This is in San Jose in Northern California.
    I see the rebates are on the V8's are good until end of Jan 05 and so my thinking is that would also apply to the new 2005 models.
    My goal would be to buy a 2005 and see how close I can get to the above price.
  • accc1accc1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone in the Dallas and/or Houston area have price information to share? I'm particularly interested in base model V8s.

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A midwestern newspaper would like to talk with someone who, in the past month, bought a luxury vehicle (other than a Lexus) for which minimal incentives were available. Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, October 8, 2004 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your purchase decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• snooksnook Member Posts: 3
    2005 V6 Touareg
    Offroad Gray
    Anthracite Leather
    Bi Xenons
    Sound 1
    Premium Package
    Trailer Hitch ($866 - ouch!!)
    $38,875 (no taxes in NH)
  • djp2djp2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the same, but with Black outside.

I talked to almost 5 dealers, but only one could find in Chicago area with Navi (package#4 not included 4 corner suspension- packages#5).

One quoted $39700.00, but could not find one in whole central region.

Other 2-3 dealers couldn’t find one too.

Finally one did, and giving me for $40900.00, and will be delivering in 2 weeks.
    We drove a 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 off the lot today.

Reflex Silver, with Premium Pack II (leather trim, powered seats, sunroof, etc), Navigator and Electronic Parking Assistance.
    We were given proper documentation and manuals and a set of 10 CDs covering the US and Canada.

Final price was $42,000 including taxes (8.25% here in northern california).

Hope this is of help for others. We made several trips to VW dealers our area and lots of phone calls. It took us about two weeks.

We drove both the 2004 and the 2005 (220hp and 240hp respectively) and there was no big difference.
    Can't wait for snow time to make a trip to the mountains :)

Good luck on your car search :)
  • socalfranksocalfrank Member Posts: 11
    Very good deal!

I bought a new 2004 Touareg V8 with...

Premium Plus Pkg
    19" wheels

$43,800.

this came out to be $3800 below Dealer Invoice.

Got the deal from McKenna VW in Huntington Beach through the internet fleet person.

There seems to be quite a few 2004 V8's left out there.

I was considering a Land Rover LR3, but now after 2 weeks with the VW, I am soooo liking my Touareg. I didn't know there was so much positive buzz about this vehicle. I read a lot of car mags and stuff, but even non "car guys" seem to know what a great car this is.
  • aknealeakneale Member Posts: 1
    NYC area dealer

2004 V8 Touareg
    Convenience Package
    Navigation
    Parking Assist
    Xenon Headlights
    (I think this equates to the Equipment Package #2 not sure though if these were sold separately on the 04)

$45000 Before Tax

I would be more happy Paying $41000, I dont know what the incentives are this time of year.

I would be buying the car practically cash and financing the last $10000 (I dont know if that makes any difference to the dealer)

The 2004 V8 is pretty much identical to a 2005 V8, and a similar spec 05 is $49,125 MSRP

Does anyone have any advice ?
    The post just above yours indicates a purchase price closer to $43K, but that's in WV.

First, you'll want to hit the "new cars" tab at the top of this page, and build & price your Touareg. That will show you invoice price, MSRP, and the price others in your area are paying for the same vehicle. You'll also get a link to incentives & rebates available for your region.

I had a quick look, and it seems you might have trouble getting down that low, but who knows?

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ehanauerehanauer Member Posts: 2
    I've just purchased a new 2004 V8 Touareg on an internet referral. It's a base V8, but that's OK because it has all the bells and whistles I need.

The price was $36,797. They gave me $17,000 trade-in on my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE.

Two weeks earlier the same dealership had quoted me $39,000 on the Touareg and a trade-in of $14,200 on my Nissan. This was walking in off the street. Must have been a huge salesman's commission.

It pays to shop via the net. And do shop because different internet services resulted in different prices as well. this was the lowest, and surprisingly it led me back to the same dealership I started at.
  • ctomctom Member Posts: 11
    What internet service did you find most helpful?
  • ehanauerehanauer Member Posts: 2
    I bought from the dealer contact via autoweb, but try several. All work with different dealers in an area. One for example had the nearest dealer about 75 miles away. I'd recommend getting contacts from four or five internet services and comparing prices.
  • v8loverv8lover Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $42,000 for a reflex silver 04 V8 with:

Navigation I & Sound Sytem II
    Convenience Pckg
    Bi-Xenon
    Park asisst
    Winter package

It is also financed by VW.

Also, the build date for the car is April 2004. Would this date be late enough to give me less problems?

I appreciate any advice anyone can provide.

Thanks
  • ahkahk Member Posts: 3
    Just bought one.

2005 V6 T Reg
    Off road gray
    Xenon

for $35328 (includes everything except 6% sales tax and tag.)
  • trojantrojan Member Posts: 4
    For what it's worth here are some details of my recent Touareg transaction in Southern California:

2005 V8
     w/ Option Package #3 (aka Premium Plus Package)
     w/ Electronic Parking Assistance

Price was invoice ($48,022 + $367 in local fees) minus a rebate of $500 (applied after taxes) for already owning a VW. Financing was 2.9% for 60 months.

The fleet manager quoted me over the phone and then followed up with an e-mail confirming the price. They didn't have the exact configuration I wanted, so they transferred it from another location. It was very easy.

Hope this helps.
  • tntregtntreg Member Posts: 1
    I have the opportunity to purchase a 2005 V10, pretty much loaded for ~$4400 off MSRP.

This comes out to invoice plus 4% (plus TTL of course.)

Is this a good deal??
  • ypshanypshan Member Posts: 103
    It's a pretty good price. 2-3K is what most dealers offer and you have to special order it.

If they have one on the lot, they may be more inclinded to discount.
  • golfgti4789golfgti4789 Member Posts: 20
    you would think that they would give a bigger discount like the V8's, since the price is so high on the V10's
  • touareg2touareg2 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2004 Touareg V8

Offroad Gray/Beige Leather
    Pretty much loaded
    -Premium Plus Package (Nav, Xenon, Air Suspension, etc.)
    -4 zone climatronic a/c
    -Trailer Hitch
    -Park Assist
    -Winter Package

MSRP $54,104
    I paid $44,104 + TTL

Deal was at Classic VW in Mentor, Ohio. They were very helpful, and the car is amazing

Thanks to everyone at this site.
  • harborguy01harborguy01 Member Posts: 1
    did the price include the tow hitch? Are you happy with the car? Do you think these will be around for a long time? Thanks so much.
  • thumper1221thumper1221 Member Posts: 28
    Looking to buy a Touareg V6...but I can't stand the current V6 Rims? I do like the 'Tangis' rims VW offers as an accessory. Will dealers generally swap rims at no cost?
  • ahkahk Member Posts: 3
    tow hitch not included. My wife and I are very happy with the car.
  • rkolovichrkolovich Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the Suburbs of Washington, D.C. and am considering buying the V6 with Premium Pkg. #2. One dealer provides "bottom line" pricing and is asking for $37,238 which includes freight. I e-mailed another dealer last night and without even negotiating received a quote for $35,049 which also includes freight. This appears to be below invoice. Does anyone have any insight into better pricing or possibly trying to negotiate more options for the same price. Right now VW has 2.9% financing which makes this deal seem pretty good. Thanks.
  • velohartleyvelohartley Member Posts: 1
    I just got an 04 Toureg and can't make the compass/clock in the overhead console stay "on". Turns off after about 1 minute. Is this the way it is programmed or am I missing a trick?

Also, does anyone know how to make the tire pressure warning light reset, or do I have to go to the dealer??

Thanks - jh
    Please try our VW Touareg SUV or VW Touareg: Problems & Solutions discussion. This one is just to share pricing & purchasing experiences, and the others are where you'll find owners.

kirstie_h

Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jts1jts1 Member Posts: 7
    Trojan, could you please share the name of the dealership and fleet manager. I'm in the market for the same car. Did you get it with the new DVD based Nav?

Thanks, for the help.

Jeff
  • jmk6jmk6 Member Posts: 1
    Can you e-mail me the name and phone number of the dealer or Fleet Mgr. I'm getting hit with much higher prices from several of the VW dealers in the San Diego area. I hope to lease a 2005 V-8 in the next week or two.
  • steve_ssteve_s Member Posts: 3
    i ready to buy a 2005 Toureg V-6. premium package III which includes cricket leather, upgraded sound sys and bi-xenon lights. location is columbus, oh area. have been quoted $38,475 and $39,097. Invoice is $37,995. MSRP is 41,445. Anyone have recent purchase experience with pricing? 2.9% financing has been offered by one dealer.
    do you have the complete package that you purchased> did your package include cricket leather, upgraded sound?? was the msrp 41,445?
    which package did you get? does it have leather and upgraded sound. was the msrp 41,445?
  • mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    Planning on buying 2005 V6 Toureg between now and January.

-Color undecided

-Equipment Package #5 (everything)

-Onstar

-Tire Pressure Monitoring System

The invoice on the web for this model with the above features is $43,713. I'm thinking of offering $44,500 (excluding tax & license).

Is this too low, high or just right?

Thanks in advance.
  • turingmachineturingmachine Member Posts: 1
    The dealer I am going to check out has a v6 in the color I want and told me he is driving it himself as a demo, and has about 1500 miles on it.

He says he can make me a great deal on it.

Any experience in buying demos, how much of a discount they offered you. What should I suggest?

Thanks
  • trojantrojan Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for the delayed response from not checking these boards. I bought my Touareg from the Internet fleet manager at Fladeboe VW in Irvine, CA.

My nav system is CD based. I don't think DVD was available at the time. Is it out now? Regardless, the system has been great.

I'd be happy to e-mail anybody here more info than this board will allow. What's the best way to share e-mail addresses without getting spammed to death?

Best of luck.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Make your email public for Edmunds members. Then you can share emails.under "My account"