Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid

Comments

• jericksonjerickson Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the DC area as well. Did you close the deal? If so, from which dealer did you purchase. I'm looking for a V6 with package 3. Thanks.
  • kmbakmba Member Posts: 1
    dealer has accepted this offer but I have not taken car:

2004 V6, leather, power seats, NAV, park assist, bi-xenons, upgraded stereo, 7300 miles, certified pre-owned for $35.5K

Good deal?
  • mrmusicmanmrmusicman Member Posts: 4
    On a v8 with a sticker of $54,185, I've been quoted the following lease price: no money down, except title, tax and 1st month payment, and a payment of $599 a month 4 years, 12k miles per year. This looks pretty good to me, but I wanted to get a sanity check. Thanks.
  • golfgti4789golfgti4789 Member Posts: 20
    Thats a great deal, i wish we had those deals where i live, in so cal!! they have that one national deal for the v-6 with no options for 439 on a 42 with a little over 3,700 down! thats not a very good deal, and it doesn't seem much of a upgrade to your quote on a touareg v-8 with everything on it!!
  • jts1jts1 Member Posts: 7
    Trojan,

Thanks for the info!

They started building 2005 models with the DVD based Nav at the end of September. Cars are just starting to show up with it. I'm in the bay area, but two of the exact car I'm looking for exists in your area (with the new Nav) none are in the bay area. I'll contact Fladeboe and see if they have one or can make a trade. How do you like it so far? Did you get pkg 3 or 4?

Does anyone know of any new incentives for 2005?
  • ypshanypshan Member Posts: 103
    jts1,

Are you sure they are DVD based? If so, does it support Bluetooth and touch screen?

Thanks.
  • rob222rob222 Member Posts: 49
    Did you go through with deal? That sounds perfect to me. 04 or 05? The is totally loaded, through 4zone, heated rear seets, and auto suspension Did you get to pick your colors?

I love the black and teal mix. What part of the country do you live in? Where do I sign?
  • darkstarrdarkstarr Member Posts: 2
    Hey jts and trojan-

I just bought a 2005 V8 black with Teak with Premium package and loaded at Fladeboe. They gave me a great price that would not be beat anywhere else and did not jerk me around 1 bit. Dennis and Sean there were GREAT.

By the way, the car is a dream!. The air suspension, premium package, and the V8 make it all worth it.
  • darkstarrdarkstarr Member Posts: 2
    Sorry about that - yes it is a 2005....fully loaded. Only tihng it doesnt have is Onstar. Auto suspension is nice and the air suspension DOES make a difference. I live in Orange County is CA and bought it from Fladeboe in Irvine. Dennis Bigham and Sean Oneil did not jerk me around one bit while other dealers tried to play all the games. Highly recommend giving them a call.
  • trojantrojan Member Posts: 4
    Jts1,

So far I love driving the Touareg. My previous car was an Acura Integra, so being able to still drive somewhat aggressively is great.

I bought the V8 with package 3 and parking control. No regrets.

Waiting until the DVD nav was available may have been nice, but for tax reasons I couldn't wait. I rarely put music CDs in the in-dash player (the 6-disc changer is better for when I'm driving); I wasn't overly concerned. I assume that nav technology, like computers, will continue to improve significantly every year, so there's no point in waiting for the next best thing.
  • trojantrojan Member Posts: 4
    Darkstarr,

Glad to hear you also had a good experience with Fladeboe in Irvine. I wish they sold Infiniti . . . the shopping experience for my wife's car hasn't been as smooth.
  • mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    Hi guys, I'm about to purchase a Toureg this weekend. 2005 Toureg V6 w/ Package #4 @ $40.5K (exclucing tax & license). And my research shows that I might be able to get the Cayenne for a few grand more just with the Convenience and Touring package. Am I completely wrong, would it be much higher?

If the difference is withing $3K, will it be worth going for the Cayenne instead?
  • golfgti4789golfgti4789 Member Posts: 20
    why dont you drive both and see what you think about both of them?
  • joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I want to lease a V8 Toureg. The MSRP is $46875 and the going price in my area is $44,975. I am not sure what a good lease deal would be. I was quoted $590 a month for 48 months with $1000 out of pocket for fees. Does anyone know if this sounds good.

Thanks,

Joe

Pictures1210@aol.com
  • joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    I just wanted to give you the following information additionally. Car salesmen sent this info to me:

The lease does not reflect MSRP, it is based on a $3392 discount (so I am wrong on the adjusted cap), which is the best I can do. The $1000 is all the out-of-pocket money you need. Volkswagen Credit is by far the best leasing company, although I have several others at my disposal. The residual is $21493.50, which is based on 46% of MSRP. The money factor is .001370
  • chips1chips1 Member Posts: 1
    seems that the residuals on a 36 month lease of a toureg are incredibly low at less than 50%! this drives up the monthly price and prevented me from getting one last month. i figured the 2005 residual would be higher, but it is the same.... what's the deal? the volvo i am looking at is 58%!
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    Hey new 2005 owners. Start posting some of your opinions on the new 05 on the Toureg SUV board. That way we can hear some good ones as compared to all the 04 problems.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hi joec1210 - In order to help you, we'll need to know YOUR negotiated purchase price for the vehicle, and the money factor & residual value you were quoted, along with the annual mileage.

Additionally, you'll find that most of us will immediately recommend against leasing for such a long term. Leasing beyond the factory warranty is rarely a good idea, and also locks you in to paying for that vehicle for a very long time since leases are not generally easy to terminate early.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jts1jts1 Member Posts: 7
    ypshan,

I'm sure its DVD based. They are just hitting dealer lots now. I have not seen one yet, my guess its the same one as the one in Porsche which about 6 month ago switched to the DVD based Nav. Not sure about Bluetooth or touch screen, I should see one soon and will keep you updated.
  • nanny5nanny5 Member Posts: 10
    the money factor on a 36 month lease is .00122 or about 2.9% the residual is indeed a bit low at 53% for 36 month there is 500 customer loyalty cash as well. I just leased the V6 with premium package with a cap at invoice there is a 575 acquisition fee as well
  • jolee61jolee61 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for an 05 loaded Toureg. Are there still factory rebates of 2k? I see posts here of guys buying them for under invoice by like 5k? Are these types of prices still avail? Is there any low rates from VW now? Once I make the deal for say 2k under invoice, and then decide to lease, is the money factor the same from vw for everyone, or do i need to watch how they construct the lease?
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    I was coming up with about 500 - 1000 over invoice on V8 loaded up Treg's. The problem right now is that none of the dealers have a Package 3 or above car in inventory.
  • stephen5stephen5 Member Posts: 1
    can anyone help me? my wife and i just leased a 2005 toureg v6 w/ the premium package. we now have two small children and needed a bigger safe car. we put $2500 down ($2000 w/rebate)plus another $750 rebate and we were offered $460/mo. was this a good deal? we were assured that we would not find a better deal anywhere else. we had previously leased a passat from the same dealership and they paid out the last two months of our lease for that car. this was a lot of money for us to spend so i want to be sure it was worth it.
  • jolee61jolee61 Member Posts: 8
    So no rebates any longer? no under invoice deals to be had on loaded 05 touregs?
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I just purchased a 2005 Base, Shadow Blue with the dark gray leatherette. Traded my 2005 Pathfinder LE. Price was $34,500. Took a hit on the trade as it only had 500 miles on it. Should have gone with VW in the first place. The T-reg does appear to be a little sluggish not sure if because the Pathfinder had a bigger engine. Over all the experience was fine. Can't complain about the price. Payment are only $4 more month.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    Congratulations. Was the new Pathfinder that bad? You definitely have a machine to be proud of now. Sluggish. Remember, you are moving maybe 800 pounds more truck with about 80 percent of the power. You will find it keeps momentum pretty well, but needs a bit more time to get to speed.
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I actually gave up a 1999 Volvo C70 that was a great little car. Hated the Pathfinder, was made on the drive home. Love the T-reg. Can't wait to go driving. And over all the price was not to bad.
  • bradsterbradster Member Posts: 6
    I am going to purchase a 05 T-reg in the next few weeks. I test drove the V-8 a few months ago but want to test the V-6 before I make a decision.

Is the dealing receiving any cash back from the manufacture? I live in SoCal is it possible to get this vehicle under invoice?

Thanks much
    Local Dealers in Colorado are offering $5000 off, including the $1000 loyalty money. So, it seems there is some incentive from VW to get them pretty close to invoice. I bought mine this time last year and paid invoice plus 350 dealer handling. Prices got better in the summer, but selection on the lots was pretty poor.
  • oneoverzerooneoverzero Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer from a VW dealer in VA for 38.4K for V6 Package 4.
    I told the dealer I was looking to pay 36K. Is 38.4k a good deal?

Thanks
  • abruinabruin Member Posts: 2
    Base V6 $30,488 +TTL

Based on my research (thanks Forum posters!) this is a good price, but I wonder if anyone out there thinks I can do better. If so, by how much and why? What freebies could I ask for (little accessories? service?)?

Anyone think prices will come down or more incentives be added through the summer? Of course, I risk base models selling out. :surprise:
    Thanks!
    Wow. If you can find a base car in the color you want, now, at almost 20% off sticker, what are you waiting for? The selection is not likely to get better over the summer. That's a smoking deal. This isn't a Tahoe. You will be thrilled with it. Just make sure the seat has enough adjustability for you. The power seat is much more accomodating, but you would have to spring for the premium package.
  • abruinabruin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Panzer and Forum posters! You are invaluable. We decided that we "couldn't live without" Package #2 (leather, power & memory seats, etc). Good tip again, Panzer. So I asked the dealers in my area to sell one at the great advertised Base price ($30,488) plus invoice on Package #2 ($2,155) for a total of $32,644 + TTL. Two would do it. I chose my favorite color combo and dealer with whom I had spent the most phone time. Many dealers wouldn't match this pricing. Many doubted the validity of the offer. I was prepared to walk away if the deal and car were not as advertised. They were. It was a very positive buying experience. And a great car! :D

Some current info I learned:
    -I believe the holdback is right around $1160. I understand that this means if a dealer sells a car at their invoice, they'd still make $1160 from VW for selling the unit.
    -And, of course, if this unit helps them meet a monthly sales target, even if it is an unprofitable deal, the dealership can make a few hundred dollars X number of units sold that month as a bonus.
    -Credit unions are my new best friend. Most people can probably find one to join just based on where you live/work/school/worship. You don't have to be a member of any "special" group, like a certain profession or alumni association etc. Rates can beat banks and VW Credit by at least 1.5-2%.
  • reerybureerybu Member Posts: 5
    Ok Just leased a 05 v8 with package #5. I have everything half the stuff i don't even know how to use. Bought the last day of the month so the dealership was looking to move cars and they need to sell 2 cars to make some 3rd teir level in their area.

The dea i got was you ready!!!
    MSRP was like 55000 something.....
    36 month 15.000 miles a year
    1600 drive off
    645 a month with tax

Thank you very much LOL
  • dealseeker1dealseeker1 Member Posts: 1
    REERYBU,
    Could you please let me know the residual? and was it $1600 down? Any other tips to get this deal or a better one. Where are you located?
    Thanks,
    Jim
  • reerybureerybu Member Posts: 5
    off top of head don't know residual sorry,

Yes 1600 down

Ok tips that i learned. I bought my car on the last day of the month which made a big difference. I also used cars direct to get the losest price , so i knew what to base my deal on. The dealership i was at must of been really hurting to give me the deal i got. Who knows

REE
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter hopes to interview recent VW or Audi model buyers aged 30-40 who are first time buyers of a VW Group car and willing to discuss their profession/income; and recent VW or Audi buyers aged 30-40 who are repeat buyers of the brand and willing to discuss their profession/income. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Wednesday, July 27, 2005, and provide your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• suventhusiastsuventhusiast Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I found a 2005 V8 Touareg with the #3 Option package in the colors i want. I was offered this car for $43,500 in California. Is this a good deal? Could I get this pricing on a 2006? If so, has anyone heard what will be different on the 2006? I actually only wanted the #2 package as I will never use the air suspension, but have had trouble finding one with it. Seems like all the California dealers get the #3 package or above. Thanks for your advice!
  • ryangambrillryangambrill Member Posts: 6
    Hello-

From what I have seen, there is a manufacturer to dealer cash incentive of $4000 thru Aug 31st. Also $500 loyalty cash for existing VW owners.

I am also looking for a V8 Package #2 or #3 for invoice, minus the $4500. If anyone knows of a good source, please post in this forum.

Does anyone know the current money factor and residual values for the VW captive lease programs?

-Ryan
  • robc21robc21 Member Posts: 3
    Hello -

Does anyone know if this sounds like a good deal?

05 Touareg V6
    Package #3
    $36,500 Cap Cost
    $21,623 Residual
    .00019 money factor
    $1747 down
    $410/month pls tax
    36mo 12K miles

Need to act soon any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
  • rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 23
    Yesterday we picked up a '05 T-reg V8, package 5 and winter package for $500 over invoice. Beautiful vehicle, lots of technology. We're not sure, but it appears to have everything. During the test drive we took one off-road and had it in situations where two wheels were off the ground. The ability to lock the differentials is a great feature. We've had two H1 Hummers ('98, '02) and the T-reg performed better than the '98 and as good as the '02. Last fall Hummer flew me back to their test track in South Bend for a couple of days of test driving the new Alpha - and the T-reg seems to perform almost as well as it did in off-road situations.
  • jkenikjkenik Member Posts: 6
    I just picked up an '05 TReg V6 Package 2 for:

$1500 down
    Cap cost $36,849
    Residual $21,234
    $458 + tx/ month

Hope I got a good deal!! This is a lot of vehicle for me, and am feeling slightly guilty with the purchase. I can afford the payments, but still....
    Good luck all!
  • jwlookfortregjwlookfortreg Member Posts: 3
    Ryan, there was a dealer in NY with 9000 off msrp for a V8 package 3. It is sold now. I am looking for another one. Jw
  • jwlookfortregjwlookfortreg Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for the V8, venetiangreen, beige inetrior, with package three.
    Your price is okay. Please let me know which dealer sells for this price?
    Thanks, Jw
  • kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
    Could the host plese help me with my dilemma. I was able to negotiate $7000 of sticker for a V6 T-Reg and $10,000 for a V8 T-Reg. The problem I am having is that I do not want to finance this. So can someone please tell me how I can can translate these savings into a good lease. The dealer is saying that he cannot make the price less than invoice, for lease purposes. Please can someone give advice on this. It will be a huge help.

Thanks
    K
  • ryangambrillryangambrill Member Posts: 6
    Hello All-

I picked up this vehicle last week. I love this truck.

NEW 2005 V8 w/ Pkg #1 & Winter Pkg Black/Black
    MSRP- $47,615
    Final Price was invoice -$2000 ($1500 lease cash from VW Credit & $500 Loyalty)
    36months/12k miles
    $700 total out of pocket incl 1st month
    $499 + tax per month
  • jm2257jm2257 Member Posts: 8
    Can someone tell me what would be a good price to pay for a 06 t-reg with options package 2 ?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    That sounds like a pretty sweet lease deal on a V8 T REG, w/ only 700 bucks out of pocket @ 499 a month.

I guess VW is having to sweeten the pot and make deals on the T regs as sales have fallen off pretty bad this year.
  • henry3henry3 Member Posts: 22
    Hi there,
    Just got a quote from a dealer in Edison/NJ for Toureg V6 2006, Package #1, at $37,700. I don't think this is a good deal, if you have any leads on where to get something better or if you think this deal is good please let me know. I'm interested in buying/financing if that matters.
    2005 would be fine with me as well if there are any left.
    Would prefer package #2, but not for the price higher than above.
  • henry3henry3 Member Posts: 22
    Just heard back from the dealer and this time he offered V6, '06, with package #2 for $37,100...hmm, this sounds much better to me, what do you guys think ?