Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Maserati Quattroporte 2005+

124»

Comments

• Options
    vk00vk00 Member Posts: 23
    I have almost 2000 miles on the new 2007 Sport GT (with DuoSelect). Before that I had 2005 for just over 2 years. I noticed that shifting gear is slightly smoother on the 2007 model (both in sport and normal modes), but the difference is not drastic. I never had any problems with shifting to reverse, nor heard about anyone having them.

I also did not have any problems with the paint. Though I keep the car in the garage at night, it is parked outside during the day, so it had a lot of rain/sun/snow exposure.
  • Options
    jippiejakejippiejake Member Posts: 1
    Hi Ken,

I have been considering purchasing a used 2006 QP. I have been seeing them go for in the low $60k's..What are your thoughts of how reliable it should be? I live in Los Angeles so finding a dealer for service won't be a problem. I just worry that these L.A. dealers will really give it to you good for anything they do. Maybe there is a user group with inde repair shops.

Thank you,
    Mike
  • Options
    cheapobobcheapobob Member Posts: 2
    Yes, what is the deal with the great deals for '06 QP's. Some of these have extremely low mileage. Are these so unreliable that it is ridiculous to think that you're buying anything but a headache?
  • Options
    fabricatfabricat Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how I can get manufacturer information on what changes/upgrades may have been made to the original 2005 QP by Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or by internal Maserati codes?

I'm looking at a 2005 with 17K mi. It has new tires and will be due for a major service (I believe) at 18K. It does leak something (probably oil, not coolant).

What kind of problems/costs should I expect, and is there a fix for the trans/clutch issue?

Many thanks.
  • Options
    nickelrevnickelrev Member Posts: 5
    i am in the process of buying a 2005 quattroporte with 6,000 miles !! can i purchase an extended warranty through a maserati dealership , i am purchising it from a private seller and the warranty is up in ayear !! also what is exactly covered with the warranty? thanks for the help !! p.s. from what ive been reading i hope the clutch is covered !!
  • Options
    im also looking at an 2007 same color combo got the dealer down to 76000 with 11,000 miles !! decent price i guess considering the orig msrp !! i agree amazing color combo what do think of that price !! thanks
  • Options
    hey was wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on that 07 quattroporte i am looking at the same exact car preowned and wondering if you can give me any info since youve owned it !! pros and cons would be appreciated !! thanks !!!
  • Options
    andymaimanandymaiman Member Posts: 1
    Maserati Lottery ?

Well, i did play on the Oneluckyeuro lottery (1 euro to get 1 Maserati).

At the end of the day, it seams one of the best ways not to waste all my savings and yet, have chances to Get a Maserati GT !
  • Options
    maseratijonmaseratijon Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a pre-owned Maser Quattroporte. Pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Any driving tips for a first time owner? How does it run best? Also - any accessories that really make sense? Thanks.
  • Options
    prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    I'd be mighty suspicious of a used car.

Good luck.
  • Options
    tinoqptinoqp Member Posts: 1
    Dear Maserati Enthusiast:

I would love to know which dealer installed your clutch kit under warranty so I can take my car there. My dealer says it is a normal wearout part and expects me to pay for the repair which would be charged at $4,000.00.

Please send me information to celestinoarias@hotmail.com ASAP. I would like to have evidence to approach Maserati and ask for equal treatment.

Thanks,
  • Options
    maseratimaniamaseratimania Member Posts: 1
    Just bought '05 QP and having transmission problems. Get "Transmission Failure" warning on display and causes a no start condition. Also when in Auto mode transmission not shifting into 6th gear at highway speeds. Thoughts or better yet any solutions. Is there new computer software or upgrade that might help with the electronic problems. Is the "upgrade" for the older boxes available in the USA and would it help my problem. Luxury Italian sedan that doesn't start is an expensive garage ornament. I love the car and would do just about anything for some reliability. Do not want to regret my decision to buy.
  • Options
    kenmoorenyckenmoorenyc Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about buying a 2005 Q for $40k that has 50k miles on it. would this be a costly (maintenance) mistake?

Thanks,
    Ken
  • Options
    chalabyanchalabyan Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same exact problem with my car! what was the reason for the transmission failure warning?
  • Options
    chalabyanchalabyan Member Posts: 2
    i'm having the same exact problem with my car! what ended up being the problem?
  • Options
    samrahmyrasamrahmyra Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I like to know how sim card works, does it really work as Bluetooth build in ? please any one can help me with this?
    thanks
  • Options
    samrahmyrasamrahmyra Member Posts: 2
    yes its a high maintainence car and will cost you a lot to maintian. Believe me when you go for 75K mile service done will cost you $4000. I just spent.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    On an '05, you have the duoselect transmission, yes? So was that $4k with a new clutch? Was that the first time you had to replace it? If so, that's really good. I've read the average is 40k miles.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S