Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Maserati Quattroporte 2005+

merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
Anyone considering this car? I received a special invite to see it up close and personal at the Chicago Auto Show. Can't wait! Not sure why they picked me, as I'm not even close to being a buyer, but there the invite was.

I did get to see it from behind a railing in Detroit. I find this car to be very different and a much needed breath of fresh air in the S-Class/7/A8/LS/XJ segment. The interior combinations are nothing short of stunning. You can specify everything from steering wheel color to upper dashboard, to what type of wood you'd like. Many more combinations than with it's mass produced competitors.

Any prospective buyers on the board? Has anyone else had a private showing of the car yet?

M

Comments

• bretaabretaa Member Posts: 130
    I'm not nearly close to buying a vehicle of this cost, but I agree with you. I love the new Quattroporte and always had a fondness for the old ones as well. The upcoming model is certainly unique and has real presence. It won't be confused with anything else on the road. Has anyone actually seen a media test drive of this car yet?

-Bret
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    No full road tests yet. CAR magazine did have a article on it, I think in the Jan issue.

M
  • cindyroderickcindyroderick Member Posts: 19
    http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2004/02/09/cx_dl_0209feat.html

There are other links too. Look for them on the web. There are two fishy things Maserati is cloaking

1) They are not giving the rear legroom space figures. In the picture look at how cleverly they have pushed the front seats all the way to the front to show rear legroom.

2) Second, their transmission is not as smooth in the automatic mode which is a big drawback in Sedans which are daily driver cars.
  • bretaabretaa Member Posts: 130
    In a word: WOW... I have a new unattainable dream car...

- Bret
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Member Posts: 417
    Actually the legroom in the rear is supposed to be excellent. I've heard that a 6 footer can have plenty of space, even when the seat is all the way pushed back.

It's the headroom back there (because of that swooping roofline) that's supposed to make it a little cozy.

If I was in the market for an super-luxo-barge, I'd go for this one!
  • ak103ak103 Member Posts: 11
    The Quattroporte does indeed look great, but while the interior materials appear to be very nice the overall design already looks a tad dated.

I also think only offering the Sequential transmission is a mistake (for the U.S. anyway). Maserati should at least make a conventional 6spd auto a no cost alternative.

If the car comes in at $90k, that would be a nice deal. But I'm hearing rumors of it being in the $120k neighborhood, yikes.

Cool car, but I'll keep my E46 M3 and STI for now.
  • vk00vk00 Member Posts: 23
    I was at New York presentation of Quattroporte and had a chance to sit in the car. No problems in the rear seat. It is comparable to BMW 745. Remember, Quattroporte has the feature that the rear seat can move forward about 4 inches so that the back is more reclined. I first put the front seat in a position I would be confortable to drive and then went to the back seat and moved the it all the way forward. I am 6 feet hight and had no problems whatsoever. A great car. The design from the close range is as stunning as it is seen on the photos. Let us wait for the prices. The representative at the presentation said that they expect somewhere in the 90's.
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Anyone signed up for one of these yet?

M
  • klas07klas07 Member Posts: 3
    they call it a compact sedan, but it's really a full size.

If anyone has driven one: Is the engine and drivetrain comfortable enough for everyday use?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Discussion re-opened by request.

kirstie_h, Host

Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper Discussions

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tiptronic1tiptronic1 Member Posts: 4
    are they anyone (I highly doubt it) out there that are actual owners of the 2004/2005 Quattroporte? Is it a solid, replacement for a Mercedes S-Class or BMW 7-Series?

My main concern with the Quattroporte is the reliability (Maserati being a small company with only one other production vehicle....)
    Does anyone know how will the intergrated phone work in Quattroporte? I heard that it is not removable, and that one will have to order a separate line for this phone (unless of course you are willing to swap SIM cards between your car and you regular cell phone each time you get in and out of the car).

Any info?
  • miketrike2miketrike2 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought (actually its my dad's) the new 2005 Quattroporte and can answer some of your guys questions and I'll be happy to answer any other questions too.

The automatic portion of the Duoselect works extremely well and I can not feel almost any difference at all than a regular automatic. The cars drives great and if you feel like accelerating quickly your head will be pinned to the headrest a little which is a fun sensation since I have never really been in any other fast cars before. I don't really want to discuss the price which is the only reason I didn't want my dad to get this but it is in the 110-130k region. In the manual it says a max speed of 172 can be obtained by the tires. But the media-telenav has the car's speed set at a max of 155 (it can be set lower but 155 is its max). In addition it has some very nifty functions such as the parking beeping when getting close to something and a little warning sound if you are going above the speed limit(both can be toggled on/off).

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and ill do my best to answer but I am definately not a car expert.
  • khalafkhalaf Member Posts: 2
    i got my OP two weeks ago, and the gear is not like an auto, you have to ease the acceleration to make it smooth,i have no problems with it cause i use to own an alfa 147 salespeed.i actually enjoy it being that way.but if you want an auto they are working on it(which proves it is not like an auto)and they are also working on fitting the 612's engine which is going well,or so i hear........ :-)
  • khalafkhalaf Member Posts: 2
    i got my OP two weeks ago, and the gear is not like an auto, you have to ease the acceleration to make it smooth,i have no problems with it cause i use to own an alfa 147 salespeed.i actually enjoy it being that way.but if you want an auto they are working on it(which proves it is not like an auto)and they are also working on fitting the 612's engine which is going well,or so i hear........ :-)
  • opecopec Member Posts: 1
    I've got the 400bhp QP for delivery in June/July of this year. Where did you hear this?
  • kbrookingskbrookings Member Posts: 16
    I have one. Have 11K miles on it now. Only issue was the cd/navigation player went bad but dealer made replacement painless. I think the gear box is great; no problem for me at all but it is not as seamless as an automatic.

As far as a replacement for Mercedes S class or BMW 7: I've never had an S class but I had two 7 Series BMW's, put 250,000 miles total on the two of them and liked them a lot. The Q is much more of a driver's car, much more aggressive and much more of an "adventure" to own and drive. It feels smaller than it is and gives a lot more road feedback and sound feedback than the BMW.

I'd be happy to share whatever I can with prospective buyers.

Ken
    I have 2K miles on mine so far. The car is awesome, and I enjoy every minute in it.
    The gearbox is unlike anything I had before: I drive it almost always in the manual mode, you need to release the gas pedal slightly, and it switches very smoothly. When in auto mode, you definitely feel the shifts (especially if you press the gas pedal hard), but it does not bother at all. On the contrary, you better feel the car. After all, it is
    definitely a driver's car, as many have noted here already.

I have a question to current owners. When the outside temperature is in the 50's and
    it is sunny, my climate control seems to be somewhat confused. It becomes too hot
    in the car, and when I get in a shadow (or a tunnel), it becomes too cold. Anyone
    seen this feature? May be I should simply speak with a dealer.
    Hey VK00,
    I agree with you on the gear box and love my Q too.
    I have noticed the same problems with the temperature control. I was going to talk to the dealer about it too. Sometimes it works okay, but bright sun or having the sun roof open in chilly weather does seem to confuse it.
    Let me know what you learn and I'll do the same.
    Ken
    Hi Ken,
    I called the dealer and they will look at the car next week. Surpisingly, they received another complain today about the same problem and scheduled that car for inspection. They told that have never heard about it before -- most likely because it does not happen when it is cold outside -- but they will investigate. I'll keep you posted.
    Vadim
  • kackerkacker Member Posts: 9
    I have just agreed to buy a QP and I'm getting all the paperwork on Monday to sign. I have test driven the car once and was not impressed with the auto mode. The manual was much better and toward the end of the drive the manual felt quite comfortable. Do the passengers in your cars feel any jerks when you change gears? Also what do you reckon this car will loose if it is driven 12-15K miles every year. I'm convinced that up to that 50000 warranty mark , its all OK, but what happens after that if one were to hold on to it long term. Imagine Ferrari maintenance after the car hits 50K. Love the car and yet quite concerned if this is a smart move. The leasing company (chase) puts its residual value at $35,000 after 4 years and 15K miles/yr. Although I am buying mine, thats still quite a ridiculous hit if it comes true. Any opinions?
    kaker,
    Congratulations on ordering your new Q!.

The car is not as "limo-like" for your passengers as M-B, Jag, BMW or Audi. The luxury is certainly there but the "performance-orientation" is for the driver more than the passenger. However, you will learn to drive it more smoothly after some miles and I think it is very comfortable and luxurious for passengers; and most seem pretty thrilled and overwhelmed by the car.

Regarding resale value; I have no idea. I didn't buy mine with any expectation except having an adventure. I plan to put a quick 50K miles on it and sell it, take whatever hit might be involved and start over. First year car, unknown reliability, unknown resale value, terrible gas mileage, etc; just nothing practical about this thing. Repairs will be expensive after warranty, that's for sure. I had a failed cd player replaced under warranty but the part would have been $11,700, according to the dealer!)

But I enjoy this car much more than any BMW or M-B I've owned. Can't wait for any excuse to take a road trip.

Ken
    Hey Ken,
    Thanks for your advise.
    What was your service charge on it? I was told by the dealer that they charge approximately $500 for every service while under warranty and everything else is covered under warranty. This is cheaper than maintaining my 911.
    Did you find that to be the case?
    Kacker
    The 6K service was $637.00, which is really just an oil change and computer print out.

The 18K and other major services are much more; $2000 or so for the the 18K service I think.
    Thanks for your input Ken. Much obliged.
    Have a great week ahead!
    Hi Kacker,
    My previous car was Jaguar S-type with manual transmission (It took me a while to find one, but I hate automatic). I have asked my passengers in Quattroporte how they feel the gear shifts. The consensus was that it is much smoother compared with manual Jag (with a clutch you have to release the gas pedal completely). After few days of practice in QP, the shifting is actually smoother in manual mode than in automatic.

As to resale value, I agree that the Chase's terms are ridiculous. I planed to lease this car originally, but I ended up buying it. And my motivation towards this car coincides 100% with what Ken wrote in his posting (#24). This car is so much fun to drive that it simply outweighs all practical issues.

Vadim
    Hi Vadim,
    Well, I finally made up my mind today. I'm gong to go ahead and buy the QP.
    Its time to put aside all the apprehensions and enjoy this beauty.
    I expect to loose anywhere from 15-25,000 per year. We'll see what happens.
    I went bak to the dealer and just rode in it instead of driving it. Did not find any problem at all and decided to go for it.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Hope to catch you guys on the road.
    Kacker
    Hi Hacker,
    Congratulations on your decision! How is the waiting list? Is it long now?
    Vadim
    Its the wierdest thing. I found a used one from a Bentley dealer with 135 miles on it for $5,000 under invoice and that invoice was from the pre price increase of $6,000 so I ended up saving $11,000. The Maserati dealer with the quickest turn around for a custom one was August, so 4 months.
    Kacker
    Not Invoice price, MSRP
    Hey Kacker, congrats! And congrats again on getting a deal you like and instant delivery. My guess is you'll never regret this purchase for a moment. The car grows on me more than any car I've ever owned, hope its the same for you. Happy driving.

Its exciting we're getting a pool of QP owners going. I've put a K-40 radar detector in mine, had a very cool and completely invisible lightweight hitch designed and installed (to haul our bikes on some road trips) and had the wheels chromed; so if I can share any advice in these areas let me know.

I have researched and made an attempt to get an iPOD to play throught the fabulous sound system (without the downgrade in sound from FM Modulators) without success; so if anybody learns anything about this subject please let me know.

Ken
  • glenngouldglenngould Member Posts: 1
    The car is a bit jerky in the auto mode. With respect to manual, however, a dream in downshifting; okay in upshifting. As for reliability, I have had poor luck. Got car 1 month ago: 1st week I drove. Second week dealer drove (over 200 miles! Engine malfunction light came on: dealer couldn't find fault in any wires). Third week I drove. Fourth week dealer had car. Called to say some broken part had been found as they were looking for prob wires. Wire not clearly found. Get car back today, but suspect it will be back in. Anyone else have this problem? Next steps? Thanks in advance.
    Hey Ken. Thanks buddy! I am really excited about it. I pick it up on Monday. Can't wait to get behind one of my own. I am sure you're right and it will grow on me as I learn to drive it. I was reading that Maserati has a driving and racing course in Italy. It sounds like fun. Do you know anything about it?

I hope none of us have the reliability problems our friend here is having. Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope Maserati sorts them out soon.

I have never had a radar in my cars, probably a foolish thing. How is your K-40 working out? Does it really do anything? I keep hearing about cops having radar detectors turned off and turning them on at the last minute to catch you. Tell me about this invisible lightweight hitch, sounds very practical. I don't really bike much, but it may come in handy to haul some other lightweight stuff once in a while.

I was gonna check out some rims. I'll keep you posted on what I find. How do you like yours now that you have them chromed. Do you have the 18" or 19" wheels?Can you send me some pictures if its not too much on an inconvenince? My email is [email protected]

Ken, how fast have you gone in this beauty?!?!

Cheers,
    Rajan (that's my first name)
    Rajan, I'll be thinking about you on Monday - enjoy.
    Regarding the K-40. I'm very happy with it; I'm sure I has saved me from a ticket or two already. Also part of the deal is that they will pay for any tickets; should you get one. It is true that some police use laser based systems which are instant. Part of the K-40 system I had installed is a laser diffuser system that constantly broadcasts a diffusing beam to disrupt the reading. Not sure if it works but I feel better about it anyhow. The radar portion has front and rear detectors and the lights that go off indicate whether the police are in front of your or behind. The installation is slick; nothing visible. I paid about $1400 for the installed system.

Regarding the bike rack. I don't plan to use the Maser for carrying bikes much; but my wife and I like road trips in the Maser and some of our favorite destinations are great bike areas. THis installation is mounted behind the rear bumper with the hitch facing down; just above the lower rear bumper line; so it can't be seen. Then they made an L shaped extension that inserts into the hitch to create another hitch connection in the right place facing the right way. Its all just perfect.

I have 19" wheels as part of the sport package. I saw a QP at the dealer's whose wheels had been chrome plated and it looked great. I'm not much for chrome or bling on a car; but this looked subtle and classy.

I'll email you some pictures when I get back home; I'm traveling right now. Send me a
    photo of yours or tell me about it. My email is [email protected].

I know there is a Maserati driving school available when you buy a Maserati but I don't know anything about it.

Ken
    Hi,

There is a Maserati driving school, you can read more on maserati.com. It is available to everyone interested. The first course is in GT, and the second, more advanced, is in Trofeo. They do not offer Quattroporte so far.

Ken, I spoke with the dealer about the climate control. They sent me some instructions to reset the climate system. I did that, but unfortunately it became cold here that day, so I cannot tell whether it helped. They offered to take the car and inspect everything, and I am going to do that next week.

Vadim
    Hey Rajan,
    Hows the QP; we gave you most of a week; now its time to here your impressions!
    Ken
    Hey Ken,
    I am in love with this car buddy!!
    I bought it in Chicago and drove it down to Charlotte, NC where I have a residence. It was an amazing experience. Will send you pictures soon.
    I did have a problem right away. The power stearing fluid was empty by the time I reached Charlotte. Got the car towed to the dealer and upon inspection they first felt the rack was leaking and I nearly flipped. I was going to sell it if that was the case, but it turned out to just be a washer. They fixed it and it was all good. Quite a scare.
    Then back to enjoying the car. Amazing drive and handling. I feel it handles better than my 911. What a car!! I'm practically living in it. I've got 1500 miles on it in a week. Still don't have a great hang of the auto gear shift and have the same AC problems as you guys. In fact the rear side vents don't even blow out any air. Gonna take it in to get checked.
    Its a dream and there is no other car on the road that I'd rather be driving.
    I have a 72 eldorado conv. in mint condition and I didn't think anything would get more looks than that, but this car beats everything. People keep stopping me and asking questions and giving compliments.
    Haven't driven it today and I can't wait!
    Rajan
    Hey Rajan, congrats. Its very cool that you like it already, because it grows on you like no car I've ever owned.

I've had a lot of nice cars, as it sounds as though you have. They sit in the garage ready to predictable perform nicely and predictably when called upon. But you're going to find that the QP calls to you whenever you're not driving it, sexy Italian voice, to come out and play.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Ken
  • jerryposnerjerryposner Member Posts: 9
    The slowness to respond (and fact that you have to forget about automatic and resign yourself to the fact that you will have to constantly set the temp and fan control manually) is probably caused by the fact that Maserati has used Bosch controls which look just like they were taken from the Mercedes S (and probably the last generation of it) like so many other things on the car.

The other problem that I am having is that if I set the temp at anything higher than 62, I get so hot I can pass out.

The dealer reset the ECU for the climate control (had to anyway, since the battery died mysteriously without any cause found) but this has not solved the problem.

Other than that, and the fact that the center analog clock is 3 minutes fast and, according to Maserati, cant be fixed and a replacement clock could be worse, I love the car so far.

P.S. Anyone have a source other than Maserati for a cargo net in the trunk?
    Thanks for the info Jerry; sounds like we're all experience the same issues with the Heating and Cooling. Same with the clock for me. I can't figure out the satellite clock controls; sometimes it won't let me change time and the satellite clock choice is grayed out and I can't get it back. Other times its there and I can make it recalculate the time. Strange.

Sorry can't help with the cargo net. I use two bungy cords criss crossed to hold cargo from sliding around; works suprising well. I also found a couple plastic storage cases (at Wal-Mart or somewhere like it) and put velcro on the bottom and they stay in place perfectly and are easy to move to a different location if need be. Works great for putting my camera and a few other things.
  • jerryposnerjerryposner Member Posts: 9
    If you unclick the top button on the time set screen, you can manually set the clock for the instrument pod which will stay on time. Clicking it back on will allow the GPS to set the clock, but it has been explained to me that it will only reset itself in nav mode and then only when it wants to. Funny how Lexus has no problem with this, but then again Maserati wanted to use only Bosch/Blaupunkt which has a useless nav system without street names, etc., like on my father's Mercedes S500 (which is why I can recognize the poor controls, un-automatic A/C-heating system, etc). Would be nice if the beautiful analog clock everyone looks at could tell time accurately.

PS - the cargo net from my Lexus LS 430 is the right height, but about 4 inches too wide, which makes for a looser, but still usable, fit. I'm trying to find something closer, while the Maserati dealer tries to get info re the availability and price of the OE net (if it exists).
    Hi everyone,

I had the same problem with the analog clock: it was three minutes behind. They replaced it last week and now it is fine. They also checked and reset AC and found no faults. It is cold here in NY now, and the problem (if it is still there) does not reveal itself. Today it was sunny and 50 degrees. I felt comfortable with the AC set at 68, but when I got into the tunnel for 5 minutes, it became somewhat cold. I guess I will wait for a warm weather and then speak with the dealer again.

Vadim
    Thanks Jerry, but a problem I'm having is that the top button for the satellite time connection is grayed out most of the time and inactive. Every now and then its active and I can do as you suggested; but I can't seem to figure out what makes it go inactive or how to make it active again so I can select it. Those Italians!
    Ken
  • foster1foster1 Member Posts: 17
    Here's my take on the Quattroporte: I ordered one in May, 2004. Estimated delivery: March or April, 2005. Around Christmas last year, I asked the dealer for an official confirmation and spec sheet, because they said my car was about to be built. When they furnished the form, they had raised the price about $20,000 (to around $125,000) and wanted me to sign a form saying I would pay any future sticker increase until the car actually was delivered.

I extensively test drove the QP and liked it, but not that much. Didn't think it was worth $60,000 more than the equivalent supercharged Jaguar. I cancelled the contract and, after more test drives, bought an Audi A8. (Also tried a new Jaguar XJ-R, but thought it was too much like my 1995 XJ-R). The A8 screams precision; the interior is almost as nice as the Maserati; the engine looks and sounds fabulous; all the hi-tech gadgets work perfectly; it has height-adjustable air suspension, all wheel drive, and an all-aluminum chassis. Oh, and it cost half the price of the QP. The biggest advantage of the QP in my opinion is the extensive color and interior choices, but again for the price . . . Since I have several other cars (3 Jaguars and 2 Alfas), I may end up getting one in a few years when they have depreciated down to $30K!
    Hi All,
    Still waiting for my car to arrive in LA after I shipped it from NC last week. It should be here in a couple of days. Can't wait to get it again. Separation anxiety guys!!
    Ken, I feel this car handles just as well if not better than my 911. It may have something to do with the weight distribution. I also enjoy the 80-120 on the highway a lot. Its a little rocket at that speed.
    A/C: Personally the best way to handle it that I have found is to leave it at fully automatic and just adjust the temp to where it blows the kind of temp you want. Works out great most of the time.
    Depreciation: I thought a lot about what foster 1 wrote prior to buying my car. Although I got it $10,000 under MSRP to begin with, that not withstanding, I still feel that the time to own this car is while its under warranty and not when the warranty is over. The bills will pile up fast and furious when the warranty is over. Also I have an acquaintance who works for Maserati marketing in Modena, Italy and he tells me that there are 2 other price increases scheduled for this year. This car will end up around $140,000 by sometime next year. Now, that may never happen, but within 4 months of launch, the car has already gone up $6,000, so I would think there is some credibility to this story. This person said that essentially they are selling a 4 door Ferrari (Modena sells for $180000 and this car is built by Ferrari, not Maserati) for $100,000 to enter the market and as already witnessed, they will quickly get the price up to what they feel is true market value. The problems have been minor and bigger problems have existed in more reliable cars such as BMW and Mercedes. To the point that I know first hand (confirmed by a BMW dealer) that the 7 series had a problem of stalling. In fact I know someone whose car stalled 5 times before they finally (supposedly) fixed it.
    I don't think this car is going to loose much money for the first year or two, but then it may and our friend here could get lucky and pick it up for $30,000 in a year.
    By the way, I love the new Alfas. How has your experience been with regards to maintenance?
    Have a great week all and happy driving!
    Ciao,
    Rajan
  • soberjimsoberjim Member Posts: 1
    I just got a Neiman Marcus limited edition Quattroporte. This car was in the 2004 Neiman Marcus Christmas catalogue in the fantasy gifts section. There were only 60 made of this edition. The offering began at 12:00 noon and at 12:03 the orders had all been taken. In 34 minutes the deals were all done. The back up list in case any deals fell out was in the tens of thousands.It is the fastest that a Neiman Marcus edition has ever sold out. I don't think this is a harbinger of high depreciation of these cars.
    I got my car from Penski Wynn in Las Vegas the same week the new Wynn hotel opened and people were leaving their places in line to get into the hotel/casino to come over and admire this car. I had a gentleman in a carrera chase me down just to give me the thumbs up. People have come into businesses to ask who's car it is and to ask about the car. Ihave been told "that is the hottest car have ever seen and my husband drives a Ferrari"
    With all this reaction in one week I don't think that this car is gong to tank in the near future. I love the ride in this car, the handling, the acceleration and the overall sense I get when in it.
    I own a Corvette, a Cadillac XLR. a Tahoe and a Lexus. although each of those autos has their own niche the Maserati blows them all out of the water..
    I would buy another one tomorrow in a minute, as a matter of fact am trying to figure out how to get my hands on a MC12. That is my new dream and fantasy.
    I also would be happy to answer any questions I am able to.
    Thanks for reading this and I hope I was able to be of some assistance.
    Jim (a very happy man)
    Hey Jim, congratulations!
    My QP isn't the NM Edition but has the same exterior color and interior mix except for the wood choice.
    We went to Modena to the factory to see more color and interior choice. There was one Burgandy with Ivory and burgandy stitching chrome wheels and a very cool grill. It was kind of hidden away and covered but they showed it to us. What we learned later was that this was the NM prototype and was used in the photography for NM. We loved the color package and ordered accordingly.
    I was in Las Vegas just a couple weeks ago with this car; maybe we'll pass on the strip sometime. Let me know if I can help you with anything with the car.
    Enjoy,
    Ken
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    in participating in a newly opened discussion High-End European Luxury Sedans ... come on over!
  • akuranaakurana Member Posts: 2
    Hi Rajan,

How did you get this car 10k under sticker. I drove (and loved it) 3 QP's today and will probably end up buying one this week. Have you gotten used to the Auto shifting as yet? It seemed a little jerky to me. I am thinking of getting the one with the sports pacakge but am worried about stiffness resulting in loss of comfort. Your thoughts...

Anyone using the phone (stock) or one with the blue tooth (after market) set up.

Thanks