Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

First Oil Change

13»

Comments

• lady_driver2lady_driver2 Member Posts: 1
    I just had my 2000 Jeep serviced after being submerged for 4 hours in a flood that went up to the headlights. The service station said I should have the engine oil changed twice, just to be sure all the water got out of the oil, so I okay'd it. The more I thought about it, the madder I got as I feel I got taken since I'm a lady. Was that good advice? I'm really burning mad that I spent money for back-to-back oil changes--that seems ridiculous and I'm embarrassed to tell anybody. Your advice would be helpful as I need to pick my Jeep up tomorrow and I feel like I may give them a piece of my mind as I feel they cheated me out of my money.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I think they gave you good advice, and the cost of an oil change isn't so bad that you should feel you were taken advantage of. The oil is the least of your problems though, with a water level that high the long term effects on the electronics is going to haunt you in the future.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Comning in late here but the other poster is right. Paying for two oil changes is the least thing you should be worried about and my guess is you have already found this out.

At a minimum, you should have changed ALL of the fluids in that Jeep.

They gave you good advise and you are mad because you think they cheated you?

Amazing!
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Lucky you weren't charged for changing the headlight fluid.
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    I remember buying my 2003 Odyssey EX-L NAV for $30K, MSRP was $32K
    I got a sticker shock when I see the price has gone up almost $5K..
    so, why is the price of Nav still a ridiculous $2K? what is it in this that it should cost so much?
    How is Honda managing to sell for so much more, given competition selling for a lot less? Nissan Nav is upgrade is only $500