Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

wsag26wsag26 Member Posts: 124
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet
I'm not sure, so I won't post, but over the internet I saw some pictures of the 2006 Tahoe and Avalanche. Both rears look the same, and the front looks very good. If any of the hosts would give me permission to post a 2006 Tahoe picture found in Popular Mechanics magazine. It was scanned by a person and I have the web address.

Comments

• theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    The Popular Mechanics one is a CGI. There is another pic of the profile of the new Tahoe, which is legit. See the "2005 Silverado Facelift" thread for more info.
  • wsag26wsag26 Member Posts: 124
    I will not post the Avalanche, because that was a 'spied' picture that might be strictly illegal.

I don't know how to make it a link...but I'm sure copying & pasting is very easy:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/106016140/115093712ClicrE
  • wsag26wsag26 Member Posts: 124
    I happen to like the pictures very much. Wait, there is only one..
  • tbcreativetbcreative Member Posts: 357
    Check it out from the Wieck site:
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Thank goodness they made the Avalance look good! Oh yea, and same with the Tahoe... :\
  • setzersetzer Member Posts: 127
    i like the picture of the Suburban, if that is really it.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    We investigate the upcoming redesigned Avalanche.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/chevrolet/avalanche/100536543/preview.html
  • shellymeister2shellymeister2 Member Posts: 115
    Hi (if there is anyone out there?.....)

I fully expect GM to display a production version of the new Avalanche at the Detroit show in January.

I will be attending, so I will report.

I would imagine that many photos will appear on the net on this site as well as other vehicle-related sites.

The Chevrolet Avalance Owners Club site has posted some grainy shots that DO appear to be the new Avalanche. :blush:
  • biggs2biggs2 Member Posts: 16
    Is it generally believed that the 2007 ava and escalade ext will be longer than the current versions? I read that the suburban will be. If so, how much? I ask be/c we are looking at buying an ava or esc ext and they just fit in our garage now. I not to buy first model year of any new or major re-design vehicle due to inevitable bugs that they tend to have. This is especially true if GM is really 'rushing' these trucks to market.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    These are the first pictures of the Chevrolet Avalanche that I've found.
  • got1bgot1b Member Posts: 48
    Wow,
    That looks good, Chicago will also unveil the Tundra tomorrow. What a show!
  • ncskibumncskibum Member Posts: 42
    With the rounded edges and the missing body hardware, it looks more like the Ridgeline. I know that the Avalanche is bigger and tougher. I owned one for a few years but had to weigh education versus gasoline. The main thing that I don't like about the one pictured and those without the body hardware is that you give up the steps molded into the back bumper. Those came in real handy when trying to tie down bulky loads or just getting into the back of the truck when it was on a slope. I wonder how they are adding two inches to the bed and increasing the interior storage without making it longer?
  • arkitectarkitect Member Posts: 75
    Is there any chance that GM will put a deisel in the new Avalanche? Does anyone know why they didn't put a deisel in the first one?
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    for the 2007 model year. If there was going to be a model with a diesel engine I would've expected it to be in a 3/4 ton vehicle first. I don't believe GM currently has a diesel (Duramax?) engine and transmission sized appropriately for the lighter 1/2 ton or smaller vehicles.
    Mods, do you have any idea when we can expect to see pricing information available on these vehicles here? I've already read of at least one person that claims to have placed an order. (Asking as someone extremely interested in ordering one myself, but who's interested in determining the financial feasibility first, or at least justifying it to my significant other :P ).
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    I read on another Avalanche enthusiast website that optioned out, the new Av. goes past $50k. That seems shockingly high to me. Although I suppose with $12k in rebates and discounts (Like I am seeing in the newspaper right now on 2006 GM trucks), the price could actually be in the high thirties for a well optioned one. For me, although many would consider it blasphemy, I'd rather have a Ridgeline rt AND a mini Cooper, than a $50k Avalanche. Maybe the new Silverado will be better priced.
  • robey17robey17 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, I read that the new ava is 2 in. longer. It's not much and I don't see the need...I have an '05 and it does everything I ask it to do. I LOVE IT!!
  • suttersutter Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchase. Have heard rear hatch is not airtight and water and snow leak inside.
  • sovereignmgmtsovereignmgmt Member Posts: 30
    "Pricing Announced for 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, the Industry's Most Flexible Utility Vehicle

Avalanche is third all-new Chevrolet utility priced more than $2,000 less than its predecessor in 3 months

Dallas, Texas -- Chevrolet, America's number one brand, announced pricing today at the Dallas Auto Show for the all-new 2007 Avalanche, the next generation of the industry's most flexible utility vehicle. The 2007 Avalanche LS begins at $32,490; the starting price for an Avalanche LT is $33,170 and the Avalanche LTZ will start at $39,905. All prices include $875 destination freight charge and apply to two-wheel drive models with a standard 5.3L V8.

The 2007 four-wheel drive version of the Avalanche LS has a base price of $35,490, the starting price for the 4WD Avalanche LT is $36,170 and the 4WD Avalanche LTZ starts at $42,905. Vehicle prices include $875 destination freight charge.

Delivering on Chevrolet's promise to be the number one value leader in the marketplace, the all-new 2WD and 4WD 2007 Avalanche LS and LT models are priced more than $2,000 below comparably equipped 2006 Avalanche models. The LTZ trim-level was not offered in 2006. Avalanche is the third all-new Chevrolet utility launched during the past three months that is $2,000 less expensive than its predecessor. The Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban were also priced more than $2,000 less than the previous model-year."
    Check out Avalanche overview for more on the 2007 Avalanche.
    Check out 2007 Pricing for pricing info.
    Check out 2007 Avalanche Specs for the specs on the 2007 Avalanche.
  • edgar6edgar6 Member Posts: 1
    i was passing thro the store of chevy trucks and i was amazed becouse i sew the 2007 avalanche and i could not belive it it had come out allready
  • arkitectarkitect Member Posts: 75
    I was looking around at my local Chevrolet dealer and I saw a new Avalanche 2x4 LT, it was nicely equiped and it was under 40 thousand. It had a sunroof, leather interior, wood console/dash trim, and it seemed a lot taller than the 06 Ave as well as being longer.
  • mlbendermlbender Member Posts: 3
    AWESOME!! That's the only way I can describe my new '07 LTZ in Sunburst Orange (just like the ads!). I was debating between the '07 and '06 and there really is no comparison. Everything is upgraded, from the interior to the new DispacementOnDemand 5.3. We got every option but the Nav system and the rear-view camera. Still trying to learn everything! Put about 100 miles on it the first day, and it drives like a dream!
  • parsellparsell Member Posts: 1
    Price Reduction is questionable.. If you make a comparison of 2006 and 2007 Avalanche prices you will find that the MSRP or sticker price is indeed lowered about $2000. Problem is.. the invoice amount or price the factory charges dealers for the vehicle is UNCHANGED. This just limits the amount the dealer can give away in negotiations with the customer with this lower mark-up.. GM still got the same price. They mislead in saying price reduced.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Just announced this PM. A $2K trade in incentive along with a $1K dealer rebate on the 07' Avalanche.
  • gmastergmaster Member Posts: 10
    Anyone know if the 2007 Avalanche comes with a transmission cooler. I looked under the hood of one and it looks like it has the connections from the radiator to the tranny area, but did not get a close look. It comes with a hitch and most vehicle sold with a towing package do have the cooler. Anyone know for sure or do you have to have one installed. Also, what about a break controller?
    The 4.10 rear end option comes with the transmission cooler. The 3.73 requires the transmission cooler to be checked on the options list if you want it.
  • dragonblue1dragonblue1 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to change my bulbs to Silverstars or PIAA lights, but can't figure out how to get the assembly out. Anyone try this yet?
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    Avalanche is, and I really like the design with the midgate, the vehicle is so large, and the rear gate seems to angle upwards and block almost all your rear view...

It would be nice if, just like the Explorer is a downsized Expedition (altho Explorer was first, I know) I would like to see a downsized Avalanche about the size of a midsize, like the Explorer...I assume that the Avalanche is built on a full size Tahoe frame, maybe something just a little smaller, with the exact design they now have...maybe an 85% size model, and maybe take the shifter off the column like Ford finally did with the Explorer...

I only use the Explorer as an example of the right size, not the right vehicle...
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    I think they called that the Envoy XUV, and they sold about 14 of 'em.
    doggone...I never knew that's what it was...thanks...
  • dragonblue1dragonblue1 Member Posts: 2
    I think the Honda looks more like the Avalanche, seeing how the Av's shape was around first. And I have a relative who has a 02 Escalade EXT. when the 07 AV is right next to it, and the trunk beds are open, you can see the difference in depth. It appears to be deeper and taller. The 2"s I believe were lost in the engine bay. The front appears to be shorter.
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    anybody know when the avalanche is gonna be available with the 6l v8? and will that motor have the new 6L80E tranny with it?? thanks,

troy
    Anyone having problems. Taking to dealer tomorrow. On Tuesday, during drive home from work, I had no problems or indications of a problem. On Wednesday, key thob would not unlock door. Other thob had same result. Opened with key and no alarm like it should have had. Key in ingnition and just a click. Put charger on it, only 3Vs on battery. Jumped with charger and it started. Let run awhile. Tested Alternator with no load and cAlternator tester read good. Tested with load and it said read bad. I live in AZ so almost always run under load with AC and Radio always on. It looks like a charging problems and we'll see tomorrow. Has anyone else had problems like this on the new 2007 Chevy Avalanches or other 2007 Chevy trucks with a similiar electrical system.

Oh yeah, the darn thing is only thrree months old. I had a Tundra prior to this Av. I had the Tundra for 4 yearswith zero problems. The Tundra was the first time I strayed from American vehicles and I strayed becuase of quality and reliability problems like this. I took a chance this time and if the American dealer product are still unreliable, I will turn back forever to the Japanese.
    Hmmm. I heard from my neighbor that someone had bought a new Tahoe and within a week had to have the battery replaced. Bad batch??? If so, I'm sure we'll be hearing more along these lines. Anyhow, for all your new 2007 Avalanche and other 2007 Chevy owners, keep an eye out for this problem. I took delivery in August. Problem surfaced on Nov 20th with 3000 miles.
  • kw5kwkw5kw Member Posts: 19
    I just really love my '07 Ave 3LT that replaced my '04 Ave Z66 that replaced my '02 Ave LS. It's the best of all three that I've had so far, and, by far, the most powerful. I had no problems in the mountains of Colorado this past September, or when I was pulling my 30' Travel Trailer from DFW to Amarillo a few weeks back.

I bought it and then I ordered an '07 Impala LTZ because I wanted the 3.9 with active fuel management.

Russ
    an Avalanche in traffic, it seems to me that the view out the rear windshield is very limited, as the perspective looks like the tailgate (and the height of the rear bedwalls) stick way up, giving you no visibility when backing up...it is that way when you are inside looking out???...I remember having poor visibility when backing up in my Intrepid and it drove me nuts, like a giant blind spot...all I could do was back up slowly and wait for someone to honk their horn...:):):)
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    That certainly was the case in the earlier models. I'm hoping it's been fixed by now.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    It would be nice if, just like the Explorer is a downsized Expedition (altho Explorer was first, I know) I would like to see a downsized Avalanche about the size of a midsize, like the Explorer...

The Honda Ridgeline is that size and style - although fugly to me....
    The view out the back isn't as bad as I originally thought. I've found that minivans and SUVs generally seem worse than my Avalanche does to me. Of course I may just be getting used to it now.

There's no doubt that it's hard to see things that are close because of the height of the tailgate / bed covers, but the side mirrors help quite a bit. It's definitely the reason I went with the LTZ- besides the nice interior, leather, and whatnot, the backup sensors and camera are terrific if you're not sure what's behind you or how close it is.
  • atelierarchatelierarch Member Posts: 4
    I have an 07 about a year old and have had a contiual problem such as you discribe. Originally it would not start a couple of months apart and I jumped the vehicle with difficulty and went on. The past 3 months I have come out to a dead vehicle almost exactly 1 month apart. They originally said bad pattery and replaced it, but have since had two failures to start . I am coming up on month number 4 so I will see what happens. I had a friend with an avalanche that had a similar problem and the correction was lack of proper grounding of the engine. The dealer says mine is grounded correctly and has gone through the diagnostics to no avail. Keep me us posted on dealer comments.
  • rocky07rocky07 Member Posts: 9
    This problem has been posted on another forum with the fix that other owners have said fixed the problem. There is a TSB (Technical Services Bulletin) on the battery drain issue that requires "re-flashing" the memory. Tell your dealer (using those terms) to research this TSB and perform the services.

And, remind him that your battery draining problem is NOT on your window sticker as a "Feature" or "Option" that you paid for.....in other words, fix it!
  • hankpenderhankpender Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 LTZ Avalanche I have had nothing but problems with senors, alarms and dead batteries. Its always a gamble when I go to start my car in the morning, at least 2 times a week the battery be dead. Not having time to get it to the dealer I simply jumped it. Finally after a much overdue visit to the dealer, 31 "codes" were found wrong the battery and some modules were replaced. Again a week later the battery was dead and problem codes returned. I am a very busy person not having time to deal with the hassle I have just parked the damn thing. Prior to this model I owned a 05' Avalanche with out a single issue, I guess this is what you get for buying a new model year. My next truck will be a Toyota.
  • christalrychristalry Member Posts: 8
    The problem apparently has not been fixed. I purchased my 07 avalanche June of 07. It would not start at the time of purchase, but did when the dealer jumped it. I was told that it was dead because it sat on the lot for a long period of time. Well in Oct of 07 I went to start it and it was dead. I had it towed to a dealer who then jumped it but kept it over night for testing. Well apparently there was a recall for the battery drain issue and it was performed. Well this Sun. May 3, 08 I tried to start it and it was dead AGAIN. I jumped it and it started fine and has for the past 2 days. It is at the dealer right now and I'm sure that it is going to come back to me as saying nothing is wrong. Story of my life. Can anybody tell me if they have had trouble after the recall has been corrected? Thank you CLK
  • tapouttapout Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 avalanche with 12,000 miles I purchased brand new has now had

1)a dead battery @ 8000 mi. reflashed ecm(3 times over two week period) and told problem fixed 11/07

2)transmission blew apart car not movable @ 9500 mi. new trans. installed 12/07

3)dead battery again,today 5/13/08 dealer has no clue what the hell is wrong now, will replace a few things and good luck sucker,see you later!

I want out of this truck, it has left me sitting on the road 3 times now in the last 6 months.
  • christalrychristalry Member Posts: 8
    Hi could you post what it was that the dealer changed the last time your battery was dead? After I took mine in that last time for the battery drain--it of coarse came up with no error message. So I am trapped in a circle. If I have it towed there while it is dead they can't test it because it has no power. Well of coarse once they jump it, it will no longer have an error because it is now running. I AM SO OVER this truck.
    It is a shame that a customer can spend over 35K for a vehicle and the dealer won't do any research to find out what the problem is. I try to be brand loyal, but after this experience I will no longer be.
    The only thing I know with certainty is that it wll let me down again and the dealer will not know how to fix it.
  • atelierarchatelierarch Member Posts: 4
    They checked all relays related to the starter system, of course found nothing wrong. Also checked all grounding connections, including main ground. These also supposed ly ok, But since they "checked" all connections the vehicle has not died again. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.