Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Sentra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jewels8jewels8 Member Posts: 10
    Hey, just wanted to give you an update. They ended up having to replace factory radio because after I came out of pocket to upgrade, problem was still occurring. Since I had brought it back 3 times and made sure it was documented, they had not choice because it should not have been doing that and it was happending from the very beginning. So they did correct, but look how many times I went about it, let alone 2 other times for things other than the radio. I think all is well now, hopefully. Thanks for responding.
  • xuesapxuesap Member Posts: 1
    It sounds good. I am planing to buy a 08 2.0S w/o pkg, but the price with mats is 14500 + TTL. I am at Boston.
    Good luck
  • sridharhssridharhs Member Posts: 14
    We purchased the new 2008 2.0S with the Convenience package with 6 miles on it. On the drive home from the dealership, the gear stick came loose in my hand - I was able to gingerly push it back into the socket and drive back to the dealership the next day.

Finding such serious problems on a brand new car was disconcerting and ruined the new car buying experience. :lemon: Fortunately, the dealership was willing to take the car back (they offered a replacement, but did not have another one in the same color/configuration available). :cry:
    This message board has been a bit quiet...just checking if any one managed to get their hands on a 2009 2.0 S yet?
    Finally, found a replacement 2008 2.0S CVT with convenience plus package from another dealer here in Dallas. Negotiated for $15600 OTD. The car we finally picked out at the dealership had a pre-installed after market rear spoiler (not the plain one from Nissan) which looked really nifty - so ended up paying an extra $200. Final price with the rear spoiler was $15800 OTD. All in all - I think this is a really good time to be buying those last few 2008 cars.

Happy new year to all of you!

Sridhar
  • hsmith87hsmith87 Member Posts: 1
    Sridhar, thanks for sharing! Did you get financing? If so, what rates were you offered?
    I went with my own financing and took the Nissan rebate. To qualify for Nissan 0% or 1.9% financing, had to give up the $2000 rebate. The finance guys at the dealership offered 8.5% - when I said I had pre-approved financing from my credit union, they magically dropped their rate to 5.2%. I went with my credit union anyways.

Hope this helps.

Sridhar
  • NiscarNiscar Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody say how the steering feels in the new sentra. I test drove the new corolla and did not feel very comfortable with the new electric steering. I am going to try the sentra.
  • se_ryderse_ryder Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new 2009 black base model sentra SL, OTD for $17,999. Purchase was cash.
  • lee_lo_banlee_lo_ban Member Posts: 2
    Dishonest dealership, here is what I experienced with them yesterday:

1) The guy called Dale Jungeberg quoted internet price of $12478 for a Versa 1.6 + Auto + ABS + free mats

2) I confirmed every piece of details with him on the phone

3) I drove 25mi down there. They let me see the manager only and said 1.6 doesn't have ABS (even though it does have that officially on Nissan website) and claimed that no dealers are quoting that with ABS. The lowest model that has ABS is 1.8 (much more expensive)

4) They requoted a lower price but without ABS and still stood firm on their lies that the model I wanted is without ABS until I told them I saw that exact model with my own eyes at other dealerships

5) Suddenly the manager changed his tone and said that they can get it for a higher price

6) I shook his hands and left

Their overall attitude was horrible. They can lie to you without even blinking their eyes. One thing for sure is they are still using that kind of old school bait and switch to cheat people. You folks out there be careful. I am sure you don't want to deal with any dealership without a single bit of honesty in their heart. It's a cold hard warning to you!!!

Good luck buying a new car!!!
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Where are they located? Bought our daughter's 1.8 SL Hatchback with ABS and a few other things last month from Endicott Nissan in Pompano Beach, Florida and had a good experience. There was a warranty issue that no one saw, except me, but they stepped up and fixed the small problem and gave me a rental for a couple of days.
    Nice little car and really like the CVT on it. Got a very fair price with the rebates so everyone is happy.

The Sandman :)
  • lee_lo_banlee_lo_ban Member Posts: 2
    ... oh I forgot to mention where they are. It is North Olmsted, OH, which is about 25mi from downtown Cleveland, OH
  • sanjig1sanjig1 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0s. Paid cash, OTD $14000 ( including tax title etc).
    The Dealer is Tamaroff in Southfield, in the metro detroit area.

From my this and past experience, this particular dealer gives a very reasonable initial quotes, so there is not much haggling involved.

Tamaroff gave me an initial price quote of $15.3K. OTD
    Another dealer, (Dick Scott) gave me an initial quote of $16.8K for a 2.0S. OTD
    Suburban Nissan, gave me an initial quote of $15.5 for a 2.0base. OTD

Even for my previous purchase of the 2004 Sentra, tamaroff gave me the best quote of 12.7k OTD. Only at the time, a dealer near my home was able to match it, so I bought it from the other dealer.

sanjig
  • SmittypowaSmittypowa Member Posts: 14
    I'm going to be in the market next month. I know I can get a 08 2.0S CVT for $14900 +TTT. However, that was when the rebates were $2000, and I know they just cycled a $2500 rebate.

I'm hoping for $14000 for the car, or under $14900 with the ConvPkg +TTT. I'd rather try for 14K as I want to be about $15000 before my down payments. I'm here in the Tampa, FL area so if anyone as far north as Gainesville, South to Naples or East to Orlando area got a car, let me know!!! and what price.
  • sanjig1sanjig1 Member Posts: 6
    Forgot to mention, the 08Sentra 2.0s, came with the convenience pkg, i.e. ABS, bluetooth, leather wrapped steering, cruise, audio on steering wheel, etc.
    All this for $14k OTD. Bought the car on 2/2/09.
    Want to know if this was a good price, or are there people who get an even better deal?
    out the door??? for 14k??? i need to go to Detroit!!!
    I know the rebates that are out there now are $2500 for an '08 and $2250 for an '09 which both expire on March 2nd.

Does anyone have some insider info as to what the next round of rebates will be???

I believe in Dec/Jan the rebates were $2000/$1750.. i'd like to get an 09 but might not be ready to purchase prior to March 3rd (have someone buying my car and my father will be so kind and give me $200/month to help out in March...

I'm thinking of just waiting and seeing what comes next..
  • jcoryjcory Member Posts: 17
    I've driven both vehicles, and the Nissan is by far the better vehicle if you care about the driving experience.... I trust Toyota implicitly to create a trouble-free ownership experience, but if you care the least bit about fun-to-drive or an engaging ownership experience, I'd go with the Nissan.
  • Rounders550Rounders550 Member Posts: 1
    $500 total out of pocket (includes first month and all taxes and fees)
    36 months. 12k miles
    $259 per month

How would you rate this???
  • asuasuasuasu Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to get a nissan sentra for my wife, and the dealers in AZ quote me a fully loaded model with over 18k, anyone purchased this model recently in AZ, and what deal u got, or how do u rate this?

thanks
  • alpine1alpine1 Member Posts: 51
    You should be able to purchase a 2009 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with MSRP of $18,595 for $15,345 + tax.
  • lance_llance_l Member Posts: 6
    This is what I found on the dealer website

http://www.trophynissan.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=b104c8b- 94046381e013cb165ecb1ed8d

17,163 miles.

So how much should I offer them? (OTD/DO price)
  • supercoolmansupercoolman Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2009 Sentra S FE+ with MSRP $19,675 for $16K out the door (with the new tag). They gave me $2250 rebate. I just wondering if I made a good deal or not. I'm here in JAX FL.
  • lance_llance_l Member Posts: 6
    I think they rigged you $500 on the rebate. The 09 Sentra have $2750 rebate in total.
    I bought myself an 09 Sentra CVT FE+ 2.0S with $15,500 drive-out (car+ TTL+ rebate).

P.S: I lived in Texas with 6.25% tax
  • supercoolmansupercoolman Member Posts: 4
    The dealer made some error on paper work so I had to came back there & I also mentioned about the rebate & they agree to give me addition $500 rebate to make it $2750 rebate total :-)
  • dxd15dxd15 Member Posts: 1
    I totally agree to stay away from this terrible Nissan dealership!

On Monday 5/18/09 I came to the Nissan of North Olmsted dealership to look at a used 2008 BMW 335xi.

The salespeople who assisted me were Steve Johnson Jr. and Jarod Miller.

After having further researched the vehicle myself, I feel that I was deceived about the car's tires (Jarod said they were not runflats after going back and supposedly researching them online when indeed they were) and lack of a spare tire in the trunk - but that's not where it ends.

On Thursday afternoon, 5/21/09, I got a very rude phone call from Steve Johnson Jr. After I tried nicely to explain to him that I was no longer interested in the vehicle, he accused me (in a very resentful tone) of 'wasting his time', 'keeping him late', 'copping out' and not telling him 'like a man' that I wasn't interested.

He also tried to tell me that it was my fault that I didn't research the car better prior to coming in, and that I should have already known myself that the tires were the problematic runflats that have created multiple class action lawsuits against BMW.

It amazes me that someone with this bad of an attitude problem still has a job as a car salesman.

I work in a corporate environment and we are typically not allowed to make personal phone calls, which is why I sent an email on Thursday morning explaining to Steve why I was no longer going to pursue the BMW.

I have never been this insulted in my entire life by a salesperson (or anyone in general for that matter). I used to work as a salesperson in retail, and if we told off a customer like Steve did to me, we would get fired on the spot.

This has me absolutely outraged and I will not stop until corrective action is taken against both Steve Johnson Jr. and Nissan of North Olmsted.

My suggestion is to RUN, not walk, away from this dealership.
  • spdnyspdny Member Posts: 4
    Did you finance through Nissan. Dealers in upstate NY are telling me I can only get 2000 as the 750 is if you finance through Nissan and not the 1.9 special.
  • crh3crh3 Member Posts: 5
    Last Sunday, I bot a Nissan Sentra S CVT for $12554 (after $3000 regular rebate and $500 college graduate rebate). OTD with CA TTL on $16054 is $14380, with 6.9% 60mon NMAC financing (I would pay it off right after the rebate is posted to my account, so rate does not matter).

The original MSRP of the car with floor mat and mud guard is $18,760.

The car has 31 miles before I test drove it. But it has sit in the dealer's lot for 5-6 months.
  • stlrodstlrod Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased today a 2009 Sentra S plus FE w/ convenience pkg, body side moldings, mats and mud flaps for $15,488 OTD (does not inlcude taxes since I live in a state other than state of purchase.) MSRP was $19,785. Rebate used was $2,000.
  • jkool56jkool56 Member Posts: 11
    What is a good price for a 2010 new sentra 2.0S stripped down. I am planning on buying this month (October 2009) and will be purchasing in the midwest. I have been using edmunds TMV but am a little confused on how that works. I am thinking that 15.8k is a fair price before tax and titles. Is it possible to get the dealers to go any lower?
  • cooljcoolj Member Posts: 15
    I have a chance to purchase a 2002 Sentra GXE auto with only 33,000 miles on it. Clean inside and runs great. Some dings and knicks to the exterior. I can get it for $3,900. Any comments please!!!!!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I've seen a stripped down S model here in San Antonio for $14,248.00 so hope that helps some, MSRP on that one is $18,130.00
  • ovyboxovybox Member Posts: 21
    Great price. I paid $15.2K OTD for a 2008 2.0 S CVT without the leather, bluetooth and remote key. But that was in July 2008 and the recession was not upon us.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    looking at a 2010 nissan sentra sr auto down here in sunny but cold south fla.

msrp for car is $18,130.00

what's a good price i should pay for this vehicle without any rebates??
  • seeyou276seeyou276 Member Posts: 1
    I have a nissian sentra for sale it needs a tranmission
    christmas20082009.ecrater.com
  • tc2010tc2010 Member Posts: 2
    I have bought 3 cars from them in the last 3 years and never had any problems with them. I did deal with thw people you talked about, so i can't comment on them specifically.
  • rit2rit2 Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a new Nissan Sentra 2009 (if available) or 2010 model 2.0S. What would be a appropriate deal in Dallas area? Anyone getting less than $15,500+TTL?

Please advice. Thanks,
    I've seen one of the local dealers has a 2010 S model with floor mats for $14,259 (MSRP of $17,990) so you might target that price.
  • rit2rit2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, thannk you very much for your reply. Can you please let me know which dealer offered this price ($14,259)? Thanks,
    Gunn Nissan in San Antonio
  • manmanmmanmanm Member Posts: 7
    Could post your final price? Don't know what is a suitable price for 2.0S
  • surengsureng Member Posts: 2
    I bought the vehicle for $16,250 out the door with 5.9% financing for 5 yrs. With a Yes they have taken my old car as trade in They quoted for $2,200 i new that is not the cost of my car it will be only $750. The car has bluetooth, keyless entry and splash guard, But it doesnt have the Fog lamp. The rate what i bought is expensive....
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I just drove home in my new 2.0 S, in silver. I wasn't planning on getting a new car, and was looking for used cars. But I couldn't find anything decent in a used car for much under $9000 (and whenever I did, it was already sold). Then I saw the lease special on the Sentra, and figured I'd see what I could do. I would up getting the 2.0 S with mats and mud guards for $179/month, 39 months, 12k miles a year, with only the first payment up front. I was looking for 0 out of pocket, so to push me over the edge, the dealer (Feldmann in Bloomington, MN) threw in a Garmin GPS and a portable DVD player. The residual is pretty high ($11k), so if I can't negotiate that down at end of lease (which I did on the last Sentra I leased from NMAC) I'll probably turn the car in.

It was a pleasant and relatively quick buying experience (I've leased two other Sentras from Feldmann, in the '90s), maybe because they also have a Mercedes dealership next door. I did have a quote from another dealership to bargain with ($189/month, 0 out of pocket) which made it easy to negotiate. BTW, I used the Edmunds.com dealer locator tool to contact Feldmann. I also used it for 3 other dealerships in the area (and contacted another directly), and only heard back from one of them (Wayzata Nissan), which provided very prompt and courteous service through Internet sales, but could not match Feldmann's deal. Luther Nissan (which I contacted directly) also provided very responsive service via Internet sales--they were my fall-back option.

I am pleased with the deal I got. Feldmann had a 2.0 S just like mine on the showfloor, with a sign touting a $259/month lease with 0 out of pocket--or about $75 a month more than my deal. I figure a good used car, if around $9000 plus T&L, would have run about the same monthly payment if I wanted 0 out of pocket, at 4.29% for 60 months. And I got a brand-new car with all the latest safety features (well, not ESC), features like iPod interface, no repair worries, and low maintenance costs (probably 2 oil changes a year based on how I drive). Plus the GPS and DVD player will come in handy. And Feldmann offers free manicures and chair massages every Thursday--which I know my wife will take full advantage of! :D
  • moofndocmoofndoc Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 Nissan Sentra SL w/ navigation, leather seats, fog lights, splash guards, and sunroof. I paid $20,600. MSRP is $21,500. I got 0% interest for 5 years. Is this a good deal?
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Member Posts: 124
    Not to make anyone feel bad, but the best time to ask about 'good deal' is before buying. If you get it below MSRP out the door, then it's a good deal. The SL is loaded and should hold value in long run. Just enjoy the ride.
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Just purchased a new 2011 Sentra 2.0 6-speed. Only options were floor mats, splash guards and aftermarket window tint. Paid $13,700 Out The Door!!!!!!! This was a straight forward deal with no trade involved. With a window sticker of $16,520 I feel I got a good deal. My Out The Door price included the Nissan $2500 rebate, dealer discounts, all fees, tag transfer, sales tax(6.5%) etc..

Very surprising how little attention the Sentra gets. We were able to get this Sentra for about the same price as a Versa and after driving both it was a no-brainer. The car drives MUCH better than I thought a car this size should. The Nissan quality seems great. A little concerned about the vehicle assembled in Mexico but I see no quality issues as of yet.

Since we got the base model we dont have cruise control, the stereo is kinda weak and it doesn't have keyless entry. We intend on addressing these short comings in the next few months.

Craig
    Yes, the Sentra is a much better car than the Versa (except no hatch and less back seat leg room on the Sentra). I've had one for 8 months and it's been a great car, problem and rattle-free. I rented a Versa this week with 15k on it, and it felt like it was 10 years old--more rattles than my 7-year-old Elantra. It felt very cheap, in many ways (loose suspension, clunky HVAC controls, thin doors etc.). The Sentra seems much more upscale, and as you said not really more money. The lease on my Sentra is less than the leases the dealer was offering on the Versa last April.

Enjoy your new car!
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Backy,

I had no idea you are driving a Sentra! I've enjoyed your posts for years in the Hyundai/Kia forums. I too am a huge Hyundai fan and have watched them grow to a force in the auto industry. I've owned many but when I tried to score an Elantra(which was a 2010) I couldn't match the Sentra deal. When I compared the specs between the two vehicles I found them to be quite similar so I decided to save some money and get the 2011 instead of the 2010 Hyundai. First time I can recall passing on Hyundai because they cost too much!!!

I'll admit though, the 2011 Elantra is stunning and I would love to drive one but this Sentra is for my 17 year old son and I'm funding it and wanted to keep it as reasonable as possible while getting all the modern safety features. We started looking at used cars but for the price of this Sentra why go used?

Craig
    edited December 2010
    That sounds familiar! I needed to add a car last April and I wanted something with low payments, nothing out of pocket, and a good reliable commuter car. First I looked used, but with used car prices skyrocketing, I figured out I could lease a new car for the same payment or less than a used car. At that time, the Sentra had the best deal I could find on a car I liked--just $179/month sign-and-drive. Plus the dealer tossed in a free GPS and DVD player. At that time, the 2010 Elantra cost more. More recently, I am seeing leases for the Elantra GLS very close to that, but not for 39 months, which is a good timeframe for me. I have been pleased with the Sentra to date. Fuel economy has been good, and I like the overall smoothness & refinement of the car--CVT, ride, controls. I may not keep it at lease end though--the residual is pretty high in order to keep those payments down. But that's fine, there'll be several good choices when it's time to replace it in mid-2013, including a new Sentra (should be out by then), the new Elantra and Accent, the Cruze and Focus (and maybe the Fiesta), the Forte (now with a 5-door), and the Civic and Corolla should be redesigned by then also. And I can always look used then, e.g. the Elantra Touring and Rabbit/Golf. Lots of good options.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Daughter bought this going on two years now & it's been a great car...smooth riding and super comfortable in front or back...she's still thrilled and so are we. The Sentra, which we crossed shopped at the same time, just didn't meet her needs or wants. Also being a previous Sentra owner who dumped it at 36k because of unfixable problems, the Versa was the clear winner.

Great little car and I especially like the higher front seat for my spinal issues...a better seat than my Civic!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)