Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Sentra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyer10nyer10 Member Posts: 21
    Anyone (preferably in the NYC area) get a 1.8 S special edition package recently? I saw someone say a couple months ago they got one for 11,900 which seemed pretty good and I know there was 750 dealer incentive as well as the 2500 rebate, but not sure if the deals are still THAT good.
    Also, any idea if the rebates will continue each month or finally get cut off? And does anyone know when the 2007 will be released? I figure that should be the best time to get the 2006 if it's not too far away ...
    Thanks
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Just purchased one for $14,595 and the MSRP was $18,715.
  • the_stilettothe_stiletto Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased in Atlanta Georgia.

$14,312 negotiated price of vehicle
    $ 599 dealer doc fee
    $ 42 tag & title
    $ 1,047 7% tax
    (2,500) rebate
    -------
    $13,500 out-the-door

MSRP was $16,915, dealer invoice was $15,719.

Note that this was *not* the Special Edition package, the only options on this 1.8S are the mats, splash gauards and cabin microfilter.

I did not hear anything about any factory-to-dealer incentives though.

I was *not* very happy about the BS dealer doc fee of $599, one of the highest in my area. To help eliminate the effect of it, I negotiated hard on the bottom line OTD price instead of the price of the vehicle before TTL.

In any case, it's done and I think I did OK at $13,500 out the door for a Sentra that just rolled off the delivery truck yesterday in my first choice of color (8 miles on the odometer). :)
  • akc2akc2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

This sounds like a great deal. I am getting $14,100 (Drive out price) for 1.8S without the mats, splash guard and cabin filter.

$15,166 negotiated price of vehicle
    $ 599 dealer doc fee
    $ 42 tag & title
    $ 909 6% tax
    (2,500) rebate
    -------
    $14,216 out-the-door

Was your deal because of end-of-moth quota? Let me knwo the dealership so that I cantry to get the same deal.
  • boxer916boxer916 Member Posts: 6
    looking to purchase a Sentra.

Right now Nissan is offering 2.9 % w/ 1000.00 rebate or 1500.00 w/ market finance.

Whats a reasonable OTD price for an automatic cvt and antilock brakes?
    Is it reasonable to get them under MSRP then apply the 1000 rebate pls the 2.9%?

Heres what happend. I sent out an email via edmunds. Got multiple responses.

Elk grove nissan offered to bean everyone by 200.00. Over the phone the sales guy told me he would do 14200.00 + 2.9% after the 1000.00 rebate. Not including T.T.L for a base sentra with cvt. Anyways i go down there and then they change the numbers and come up with a higher figure. Oh I was pissed. wasted my time to go down there. The manager says well the msrp is 17,000.00 Plus and im knocking 362.00 off the msrp so thats why the numbers are higher than the numbers that were given to you over the phone. Tells me that its unreasonable to ask to negotiate on the msrp + get the rebate + 2.9% . Looked at me like I was stupid for asking Starts trying to get me to do regular financing at his new higher price . Then why did your sales rep tell me that you agreed to sell me the Sentra t 14300.00 with 2.9% but not including t.t.l, I asked. They lost my business. I would have purchased the car right there. Elk Grove Nissan lost my business for ever. On a side note: As I was leaving I overheard a mexican sales rep explain to another rep in spanish " Oh the customer is pissed off and he wants his deposit back.... Guess this is normal business for elk grove nissan
  • flboyflboy Member Posts: 3
    2006 Sentra S automatic, SE, floor and trunk mats, splash guards and microfilter. MSRP $17,415. for $13,500. OTD with 6% tax and tag $14,400.Includes the rebate. Is that okay for central Florida?
    That's a pretty good deal for a Sentra with the Special Edition package.
  • sk1979sk1979 Member Posts: 1
    With no additions, including no ABS or side airbags, I've been offered a deal of $1000 down and $199/mo for 36 months at 12,000 miles. I haven't figured out if there are hidden costs yet and I don't know if this includes the delivery price, but can someone tell me if this is a good deal? Thanks a lot.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    That would work out to $8200. over the 3 years excluding any other fees. Wouldn't buying be a better alternative? This model will be replaced within the next 3 months(?) and I would think the dealers would want these puppies gone. Having just traded my '03 GXE for a Civic LX, the Honda is so much better. Something to think about.
    Are you looking at the Special Edition Package? I would if I were you. A bit more pazazz and nicer interior. I almost traded in for another Sentra, but decided I didn't want to live with a model that's been out since 2000. There's much newer technology out now and I'd bet you could get a more up to date car for a similar lease price.
    Just a thought.

The Sandman :)
  • p_wallacep_wallace Member Posts: 1
    Local dealer quoted me a price of $13,900 after $2250 rebate. MSRP was $17,315. It seems that some people have received a slightly better price but its hard to compare options. The car I looked at had mud guards and the $500.00 sport package option (Stereo, leather wheel, shift knob, alloy's). I get $16,150 before the rebate? Good or can I do better? There are not many dealerships locally (within 70 miles) of me so I don't have many dealers that I can run back and forth to with deals etc. I am also torn between taking the $2,250 and financing with a Credit union for 5.75% for 66 mts. or taking the 1% for 60 that Nissan is offering. I can come out about $1,200 less by taking the 1% I think if there are no suprises involved does anyone have experience with this offer and is it totally legit? I have done 0% with FOMOCredit and GMAC and it was legit but I haven't dealt with a foreign manufactuer so..... Does anyone have any experience they can shed on this subject?
    I also read somewhere that someone paid $599.00 for DOC fee's . This is a practice that is used in my area so that the dealer can quote a low price and then make $599.00 profit. I haven't got to the point with this dealer I am talking to to find out if they follow this practice but I wouldn't pay that much. I think anything is too much considering they are selling you a car but that seems the way business is being done these days $100.00 seems like that would be more than enough as the papers are already printed and all they have to do is fill in the name of you the buyer. Some dealer's in this area don't charge anything but some do.
    Seems like just about all of them are charging doc fees. I always do all my negotiating using the BOTTOM LINE, after all fees etc but before taxes. If they want to be competitive with a high doc fee, that just means that they need to slice the price somewhere else, otherwise they are out of the running for my business, that's all. I've even gone out of state to buy several vehicles this way (with lower doc fees), and I have saved thousands of dollars. It works!
  • darboodarboo Member Posts: 2
    I had the same question as p_wallace. Is the 0% offer legit?

Also if anyone recently bought a 1.8S SE what did you end up paying? And any other general advice...

I am a new college grad getting my first car.

--Thanks
  • hawaii007hawaii007 Member Posts: 12
    I am thinking of buying a Nissan Sentra today (09/02/06) and am kind of dissapointed to hear that there was a better rebate available earlier in the year, but anyway, the current rebate is 2250, and after doing a lot of research, which included being able to look at the dealer's stock (they have it online) and checking out the "loss-leader" cars versus other cars in stock, I am going to try go for a 1.8S Sentra with privacy glass for 12,000 out the door. I don't know if I can get that but their "loss-leader" advertised price is 12,455 without the privacy glass, and our sales tax is only 4% so that will help a little. Anyone think I am being unrealistic? Oh and it is a manual shift, not automatic, so I am saving about 1000 right there. Anyone have any advice? I may be able to hold off on actual possesion and signing until Monday, so any advice is welcome.
    Hey guys,
    Just bought the car, ended up being 13,424.11 out the door. I had such high plans for going lower than the loss-leader price, but ended up just going with the loss-leader price because of the stpid destination charge. I couldn't really find a way around the 605 dollars that the dealer has to pay I guess, and the holdback incentive was only 280 dollars or so on the vehicle. What do you guys think? I got a 1.8S with the normal floor mats and the microfilter and the splash guards. I know I am going to be kicking myself if tomorrow they have a loss-leader that is even lower, you think that will happen? :P
  • durgundurgun Member Posts: 12
    I am planning to buy a Sentra. Hawaii007 can you tell me what your base price was and your sales tax percentage? I will have to pay 7% sales tax in NJ. How much will be the best out the door price.
    This is the first time I will buy a new car. Any advice for the bargaining.
    Durgun,
    I think the price that was taxed was 14,705 or something like that. The way they got that price was 12,455 plus 2250 (rebate amount). The 14,705 included the destination charge (605) and the other "options" like the floor mats, the microfilter and the splash guards.
  • gpro102gpro102 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my o6 Sentra today. 1.8S special edition auto with MSRP 17,415. I paid 13,500 + tax and license in so cal. I think it's good value comparing to Collora or Civic. The other one I was considering is Focus with almost same feature about $12k but the driving is a little loose and louder road noise. The special edition is nice option for the price.
  • apurva16apurva16 Member Posts: 1
    Got my new car 1.8S Special Edition for $14,400 OTD. All inclusive taxes,VLT,registration,title,doc fees,dest fees think it was a good deal. Got Security Alarm and All floor mats included in it tooo! This is in Arizona!
  • specvdriverspecvdriver Member Posts: 1
    We found a "previously owned" 6000 mile, SE-pack in red at our local dealer. Previous owner had traded up for an Altima. Knowing we were in the market for another car, the salesman called and we made the deal.

We have purchased from the same salesman 03 SpecV $13500 (new) and 97 Max SE (used, district manager's car) $18500 (prices have really gone up since 1998). Northbay Nissan in CA.
  • hondakidhondakid Member Posts: 17
    Hello

Can anyone tell me what the Canadian (Ontario) dealer cost is on the 2007 Sentra 2.0S complete with: Luxury/Xtronic CVT Transmission package.

Thank You In Advance

HONDAKid
  • scksuckerscksucker Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have posted about pricing that they have received on this car as it helped me alot when I was determining what I was willing to pay myself.
    I researched the 07 Sentra for a couple of weeks before buying. I went into to several dealers and drove a couple of cars and decided on the packages I wanted.
    Then I called 5 different dealerships in my area and gave them a price I told them that a dealership had quoted me, and told them that if they beat it I would go to them. I listed all of the options included and told them that the extras like Mats and splash gaurds were included in that price also. They all started quoting me and a couple told me I was crazy or being lied to, but a few gave me a fairly competetive price. One dealership wouldn't quote me over the phone, but told me that if I went in to see them they would beat any price by at least $500.
    I went into the dealership that gave me the best price and got a printed quote from them and then told them I had to think about it and would most likely be back later that day.
    I then went to the dealership that said they would beat any price by $500 and had the most horrbile experience with a sales manager I have ever had! Their customer service was Awful! I was ready to go somewhere else and pay more just to not have to deal with them. I got on the phone right there in their office and called the first dealership I went to first that day. I told them that I was at this other dealership and they were going to beat the price by $500. I told him that I was very unimpressed by their serivce though and if he would match that price I would come right back over. he said OK and told me to come back, which I did.
    My car was sitting there waiting for me when I got there and it only took about 1 hour to get everything done and be out the door. :)
    They tried to overcharge me on a couple of things like GAP insurance (they quoted me $600 and I said NO, so they dropped it to $350), and also tried to charge me over $400 for registration charges :mad: but when I complained they "Checked on it" and it came down to $180. :shades:
    My price before taxes and the doc fee was $15,500 (this price included my $500 rebate for doing my financing through them)
    I am VERY happy with the deal I got and I LOVE my new car!! :blush:
    It seriously is so much fun to drive and I have not had any buyers remorse!
    Make sure you do your research and don't get screwed over!
  • webaggiewebaggie Member Posts: 5
    Hi scksucker. So, your price before the rebate was $16,000. MSRP is $18,870 and invoice price is $17,449 on a car with those options. You got it for $1,449 below invoice? (That's assuming you're not including GAP insurance or doc fees.) Is this right? Will they really come down that much off invoice? I'm assuming there were no mfg. rebates. There was a post in Feb in the Nissan Sentra 2007 forumn by indiajOnes that paid $16,500 + ttl for the same car but with the audio pkg (invoice 17,971), making that deal $1,471 under dealer invoice. That really seems like a lot off for a relatively inexpensive car. Anyone else get the same deal? Thanks.
  • stoned_beaglestoned_beagle Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone comment on the current market for Sentras? Impression I am getting is that you can buy this car for around invoice, plus get $500 cash back (and another $500 if you are a recent college grad). Can anyone confirm?
  • atlantaangel84atlantaangel84 Member Posts: 6
    This past monday, i purchased a 2006 nissan sentra. I am 23 a student and I work. this is my first vehicle and i have some credit issues which are about 4k. I have been on my current job for about 4 months now. I got this car with gap insurance and a 2000mile/60 day warranty with a down payment of 1200 dollars. I have this car financed at 72 mos for a payment of 349 a month at about 25% apr. My bf says i got ripped off? is there anything i can do at this point?
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Not sure what your credit issues are but 25% wow! Based on the information you supplied, the total of your payments are $25,128. That is quite a bit for a 2006 Sentra.

Waht was the selling price of car? Was there a trade? If so how much did they give you? What is the 2000 mile/60 day warranty?

Your payments and the length of the loan for the car you purchased seem very very high. NOt much you can do now but you may want to consider refinancing the loan. Do some searching online for "Auto loan refinancing". This should lead you to websites that can get you some information.
  • malarky1986malarky1986 Member Posts: 1
    I think I payed something around 14,750 for a new 07 2.0, and the dealer threw in a power moonroof at a suprisingly good price. The dealership in my area deals with a very professional company that adds really nice looking auto sunroofs and other options. It looks real nice too, they had it displayed in the show room. I'm Taking it in monday so they can put it on a flatbed and get it done.
  • janda1janda1 Member Posts: 26
    Stay away from the Gap.Great advice. My insurance company charges $39.00 a year for GAp.
    FINANCE GUY checked with his "District Manager" and stated we do not need to take the Gap and they will apply the rebate anyway. Very nice. The finance rate is .7 percent for 36 months. The price I got was for the sentra SL with mats 18,200 minus $1000.00 in rebates. After tax ($300), and Doc fees (bogus) of $394.50, registration and tag fees $49.00 and $39.00. Out the door for $17989.50. Might still knock down that doc fee.

PS car arrived but my wife found a paint defect on the right rear pillar. Sales Manager says that he would not let us by the car with that problem. He is now looking for a new one for us. Should be in in three days. Do you think I should haggle the Doc fee or am I getting overly greedy?
  • tinksd19tinksd19 Member Posts: 1
    Before I bought my car I lined up financing with my credit union and did research online. I came out the door paying $80 dollars over my goal, but now, I can't help but feel I did it wrong. I was trying so hard to do it right and by myself and not have to tote along some guy for back-up. Anyway, these are the numbers from my Buyers Order.

The car I got was a 2007 Sentra 2.0 CVT, gray with charcoal int, power windows and door locks, and floor mats. I traded in a 1995 VW Cabrio in Fair to crap condition. The passenger mirror was busted up, the top had a seam that came apart, the car leaked, the upholstery in the drivers seat was disentigrating (foam was coming out), oil leaked, it had been in two wrecks (not my fault), and the car darn near felt like it was going to vibrate itself to death when it ran.

Total Price of Unit: 15290.93 (this included the 625 destination)
    Trade: 1850
    Fees: 489
    Sales Tax at 6%: 835.80
    Title Fee: 19
    Georgia Warranty Act: 3
    Rebate: 500
    Balance Due: 14287.73

I have stole the print out of the vehicle detail sheet. The MSRP is listed as 16340 and Invoice is listed as 15672. Live near Atlanta,GA.

They tried to get me to finance through Nissan, but the manager somehow messed it up and told me I could have something I couldn't and they tried to up it $500. He looked pretty pissed when the finance guy told him that I couldn't have it. He ended up just letting me bring the check from the credit union. So I atleast know they are loosing money because they don't get the back end money from the finance company.

So, did I screw this up, get a good deal, or just come out ok? What should I do differently if I ever go through car buying again. I have a ton of things in mind, but would like other suggestions.
  • black00black00 Member Posts: 48
    Has anyone looked into leasing a Sentra SE-R?

Can someone please post the lease terms for 24/36 months with 12/15K mi/year (residuals and money factor).
  • ladydi9372ladydi9372 Member Posts: 1
    Well, after reading some of the other posting, it's confirmed - I got raped at west Palm Nissan...during their "bottom line sales event" I purchased a sentra with a sticker price of $17,ooo and after six hours (with no offers of food or even water) I ended up being talked into everything in creation, from gap insurance at $600 lojack at $800, paint sealant at $450, an extended warrenty at $1400 and glass tinting at $300....at 7.9% interest, the grand total came to a whopping $27,000! To make matter worse, the "service engine soon" light came on on my first trip to work! Believe me, if i could get out of this, I would, but I sincerly doubt they have a three day return policy....if you are think about purchasing a car, bring a negotiator with you, as well as food and drink!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The check engine light might have been caused by a loose gas cap. Even if it is something else, the factory warranty will cover it.
    You can cancel the extended service contract if it has only been a few days. You are probably stuck with everything else and will have to be more careful next time.
  • jason168jason168 Member Posts: 9
    Trim: 2.0
    Options: CVT, ABS, Floor Mats, Splash Guards, dealer installed spoiler
    Price: $14,618 +ttl

Price above already includes $500 rebate for financing through NMCA, another $500 rebate, 0.7% 36 mo. apr financing, a $300 dealer discount (roughly equal to dealer holdback), and the $615 destination charge.

If you're a recent college grad you could get another $500, but too bad I gradated a while ago.

I negotiated everything through the internet using Nissan's request a quote feature from their website (contacted 2 dealers). There was no negotiating when I got to the dealer. Price was preset, I waited about 1.5 hours for a car wash and that was it.

Total OTD price was just under $16,100. Keep in mind, tax varies and I had a 7.75% sale tax rate. CA title and license was $166, there was $55 doc fee, and $8.75 CA tire fee.

I hope this info helps others get good deals. Keep in mind also, I got lucky that there were all these incentives and it was the end of the month when I purchased. Good luck.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    You can cancel the extended service contract if it has only been a few days. You are probably stuck with everything else and will have to be more careful next time.

Canceling the warranty won't do anything for your payment it will just reduce the time you have to pay on it about 2-3 payments.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    How could a $1400 warranty plus the interest on it only reduce the time by only 2 or 3 payments?
    It should reduce it by several payments. Not just a couple.
    Sounds like something a salesperson would say.
  • stupok69stupok69 Member Posts: 1
    Trime: 2.0
    Options: CVT, ABS, Floor Mats, Splash Guards, Side Molding
    Car Price: approx. $14,700

I got two $500 rebates as a customer incentive. 1.9% financing for 36 months. ( 0.7% expired 07/31/2007 )

Total OTD: $15,900

I submitted an offer ($16,100) through edmunds to several dealers; this one called me the next day and promised to beat my offer. After some negotiating, we settled on the price above.

Tax here is 7.75%

My goal was actually to beat jason168, and I can't believe I did it :D. I'm still surprised at how flexible these prices can be. Another dealer was stuck on $16,800 OTD and would not negotiate any further.

Good luck, I hope this info helps anyone looking for a good deal.
  • etravis4etravis4 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my 2007 Sentra just a few days ago:
    2.0 CVT ABS + floor mats/splash guards
    Super black w/charcoal interior.

I walked out the door with $14,200 balance due.
    (including doc fees, $400, yes I think they were bogus too.) So the car price they gave me was $15,300 - $1500 in rebates (new grad rebate included) + doc fees for $400 = $14,200

Plus they gave me choice of color and went and found the car and brought it to the lot for no extra charge.

I also went with the 36 month .7% interest rate. The kicker for that was the finance guy made a mistake and currently I pay only .07% (equals $15.32 over life of the loan!) I think Nissan will catch that eventually and I'll be back to .7%.

Still, I think if you want a 2007 Sentra, now is probably a good time to get one and try and go at least $500 below invoice. Worked for me. Good luck.
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Anyone getting $500. or more below factory invoice for an 07 Sentra CVT w convenience package in my neck of the woods? If not here, anyone buy from Northern PA, NJ or New England?
    Might be a cash deal, no trade.
    Any help much appreciated!
  • bridge2bridge2 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2007 Sentra 2.0 S with Conv. Package, ABS, splash guards, side moldings, floor mats and tinted windows (could be standard) for $15,500.00 from Round Rock Nissan in Round Rock Texas on Saturday. The sticker for this car was $18,390.00 and the invoice is $17,100.00. I shopped for weeks looking at Toyota, Honda and Nissan not really caring what car I got as long as the price was right. I did a request from edomonds.com and got four replies from area dealers and one had the S for $15,200 and I used that to go to the dealer by my house who was $267 higher to begin with. He said he would meet the price from the competitor. While test driving the car I noticed a scratch in the dash. He said he’d take another $100 off for that. Beginning the real negotiations he asked if the quote was for the convenience package and I said I don’t believe so. He said the cost was $900 for that. I said I’ll sign right now if you take $15,500 for the car. He went into his manager and came out with the final numbers. The numbers were $16,500.00 for the car plus a $500 rebate, along with another $500 for financing through Nissan Motor Credit. To me that was exactly where I wanted the price. Tax was nine hundred and something and title, etc was a couple hundred more. I put down $2,500.00 and my final amount to finance at 4.9% was $14,183.52. He pointed to a figure that said “EST. payment $275”. All was good so I agreed. It was getting late and I suggested we complete the deal tomorrow.
    Here’s where the fun begins. I arrived back the next day and upon finishing up with the sales person, I was met up with the Finance Director. He sat and talked with me for a bit which led right into the warranty speech. By that time the monthly payment had become $279. I sigh’d over the four bucks but proceeded on. He got done with the warranty speech and tried to sell me the complete package for $341 /mo. I said no way and he said well how much are you comfortable with? I said like $290. He said ok the the maintenance contract and window tire something for $297. I said no, he said ok I’ll take off another $5. I did some math and saw that was a $13 difference / mo which was like $800 on the life of the contract. I said ok. As he was printing out the papers and I was signing I noticed the financed amount on my paper was now $15,500.00. I asked why that was and he started double talking away how the 890 this and 390 that was what we agreed to. I said I don’t want any of it now. He said you agreed to it. I said I DON’T WANT IT TAKE IT OFF. He said wait, we agreed to $290/ mo. I said I agreed to pay $15,500 for the car and finance $14,100. I said for this deal you must have been incorrect about the original monthly payment. He said no that was right on and did some calculator thing and said see. I said, Give me my check back and I’ll get the car somewhere else. He calmed down, tore up the signed papers and tried to put the $279 back into the system. I balked back at him and I said well maybe the monthly payment is lower. No he insisted and sat there frustrated for another five minutes. I watched what he was doing until he finally put in $267/mo and everything passed through. He said expect a call from Nissan Motor Credit because that figure was wrong. I just laughed. He then quickly printed out the papers and had me sign what was left. I was out of there with the price I wanted to pay. Lesson learned. Know your monthly payment before you let them tell you an inflated one so the additional stuff they’re selling you doesn’t sound so expensive.
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Texas is a long way away from western NY state, but appreciated this knock out, drag out fight you had with the dealership. The dealers won't like it, but I believe in keeping this potential transaction uncomplicated. A cash deal
    for $15,500 plus tax, tags, title, inspection fee. No extended warranty, no Nissan financing, nothing! Of course, that is one heck of a deal you got...convenience package, ABS,
    body side moldings, splash guards, floor mats. Tinted glass comes standard these days. Advertising fees and the financial reserve I'm sure are the variables that can make one dealer have the advantage over another. By the way, again Nissan USA is again depriving the US market the lack of heated outside mirrors for the 2008 models. Nissan Canada is making that feature available again for 2008.
    Thanks for sharing your story!
  • mdpxmdpx Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2007 Sentra 2.0SL, Polished Granite exterior with Saddle Leather at ABC Nissan in Phoenix. The add-ons were moonroof pkg., body side moulding, mud guards, tint, floormats, lojack, clearcoat reseal every 6 mos. Price I negotiated down to was $18,038. The $1000 rebate (includes $500 cash back and $500 back if financed with NMAC). Bottom line: $17,038. Now add all the taxes and fees and less my trade of $4,500 for my trade, I financed about $15,300 with a payment is $431.00 for 36 months at 0.7%. The total cost of interest is around $184.00. So in three years, I will own the car entirely and have not paid much in interest. I'm pretty pleased with my deal. I did a lot of homework before going and didn't allow them to upcharge me or play with the numbers. And, I love my car. I absolutely love it. People are amazed that it's a Sentra. They can't believe it. They say it looks like a mini Maxima.
    So far, so good.
  • knewbieknewbie Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    sentra base model brand new how much worth .
    can any one tell me about this deal
    is 10400 OTD is a good price for a 2006 base model sentra with zero mills. no A/C or radio and M/T. they are asking 8299 plus 629 destination charge 299 prossesing fee, and Plus TTL

thank you
  • vegas2007vegas2007 Member Posts: 1
    2007 Sentra 2.0 S CV Transmission
    Magnetic Grey/ Charcoal Steel
    Convenience Pkg, Splash Guards, Body Color Molding, Floor Mats w/ Trunk Divider, Tinted Windows.

Negotiated Price $15,000
    Includes Rebates ($1,000)
    Sales Tax 7.75% $1,270.96
    Dealer Fee $399
    State Title $28.25

Final Total Price: $16,698.21

Desert Nissan
    Las Vegas, NV

Original negotiated price after $500 cash back rebate was $15,500. I was going to pay in full, but was offered another $500 rebate to finance a minimum of $5000 through NMAC. New purchase price before tax, title, and dealer fee was $15,000. I financed the $5,000 for a term of 36 months at 1.90% and paid the balance.

Details: Best treatment ever, from first internet contact to driving away from dealership. My wife loves this car and she drove all other vehicles in its class. Words cannot express how awesome the bluetooth enabled phone and the keyless entry/ignition features are. I believe the dealer was motivated as we are in the last half of Aug. and the 2008 model is due out in 30 days.
  • varchar32varchar32 Member Posts: 1
    Sentra 2.0S
    F02 Convenience Plus Package
    W01 Alloy Wheels/ABS Package
    N10 Front Fog Lamp
    L92 Floor Mats and Trunk Mat
    B92 Body-Color Side Moldings
    B10 Splash Guards
    MSRP $19300, Invoice $17843
    I got it yesterday from Pinebelt Nissan in Keyport for $16850 after $1000 rebate. They charged me only $129 dealer fee additional to MV fees and taxes. I think it was an ok deal. Very happy with the car... :)
  • zbtbuckzbtbuck Member Posts: 1
    I picked up a 2.0S (sedan, CVT) with the options varchar32 indicates and the Rockford Fosgate Audio. It was August 31 and this was the only 2.0S with ABS at the dealership. MSRP $20,015; invoice $18,488. Negotiated $750 under invoice.
    $17,738.00 Sale
    $ 1,241.66 Tax
    $ 199.00 Doc
    $ 7.50 Tire
    $ 27.50 DMV
    -$ 1000.00 Rebate
    ----------
    $18,213.66 Out the door :shades:
    Thank you Edmunds!!!
  • irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    I hate salesmen for precisely these kind of games they play. I admire your patience.
  • stlrodstlrod Member Posts: 8
    Had researched several car models and ended up getting a Sentra at a price I thought was very, very fair? Was it?

2008 Sentra 2.0 S (w/ CVT and convenience plus package) for a total of $15,438 plus taxes and title.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I paid around $17k for my Civic last year and was satisfied with the price for the car. Getting out of a cranky '03 Sentra, I didn't want to get the '06 Sentra for fear of similar issues. It was the same model basically anyways. Now if the new Sentra had been out, would've given it a fair shot against the Civic. But it was not on the market yet.
    The new Sentra's I've seen look very nice and it seems to be a more substantial car than the last generation. Though the price has gone up. think you did very good with the price you got the car for. How much under invoice was it?
    Good luck with the new ride.

The Sandman :)
    It looks like I paid about $1581 under invoice per Edmunds ($500 was rebated.) I had been planning on buying a Versa or an Elantra. My daughter's 06 Elantra had been totaled (not her fault.) We got $13,200 for it and I wanted to stay close to the amount I had paid for it originally which was $15,000. 07 Elantras were too hard to find and she liked the styling of the Versa sedan. I was planning on getting an 08 Versa SL w/ ABS but w/o the convenience package which would have had to be obtained from another dealer. The dealer said he was going to throw some advertising dollars at me since I had owned Nissans/Infinitis for 18 years (and he didn't want me going down the street to the Hyundai dealer even though the same family owned it.) The dealer said he would prefer that I take something on his lot and he offered me the 08 Sentra with convenience plus package for $15,438 so I figured it wouold be about what I was going to pay for a new Elantra and took it. It seemed like I was getting a great deal, but it also seemed to be just a little too easy.
    Even better deal than I thought. Exactly $2000 under invoice ($500 of which was the current rebate.) I had forgotten to include body side moldings and splash guards. Only extra was $199 documentation fee, so net was $1801 under invoice. It was a cash transaction, no trade.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    Jaxs1,

Been awhile since i have been to this board. But OK maybe 4 or 5 payments regardless it will only shave a couple payments off. If you do the math 1400/300per month payment = 3.5 payments....

Just something a salesman would do is say "do the math"

GP