Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• toto88toto88 Member Posts: 7
    Been looking for awhile but haven't found a deal yet. What was the MSRP/Invoice and what dealership?
  • kenrkenr Member Posts: 9
    Park Ave Infiniti, Englewood NJ
    MSRP was approx $55,340 and I got it for $50,534 ($200 less than I posted above.) Also, I got them to throw in a third wireless headphone free. They told me they were aggressively trying to make an October quota and I believe them. They were so anxious to have me pick up the car Monday November 1 (which would count as October because in this county all stores are closed Sunday), that they let me pay with a personal check because it was going to take too long to move money for a cerified check. Also, note that it is a 2004 car, probably one of the last ones to be made so it will lose a lot of book value in a few weeks when the 2005's come out even though they will essentially be the same car.

Good luck.
  • beesampsonbeesampson Member Posts: 16
    I just got a quote for a loaded QX56 $48,250.00
    That's just the truck. Do not know how fees will be, but I guess around $200.00. The salesman has told me there are at least 5 at this discount. Does this sound to good to be true? If not,why are the other prices on the board so high. I'm in the Boston, Massachusetts market.
    Sounds great. Is it completely loaded? DVD, Rear view Monitor, sunroof? MSRP ~$55K? If so, I would take it. The dealers might be desperate to get rid of 2004's. The price of gas is hurting them too. Perhaps I would have gotten a better deal if I had bargained harder. Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply. The salesman tells me it's loaded
    Just came back from the auto show, and nothing compares to QX56.
    I was just wondering if you have driven many miles yet? Are there any things you think are great. How about things you hate? Just trying to make decision easier. Thanks
    We've driven around 300 miles. So far everything is working fine. None of the resonance issues that others have complained about. The car was made in the factory in September, so it seems the resonance problem has been fixed. It's my wife's car and she really likes it. I drove it Sunday and I like the way it handles. Way better than the minivan we used to have. It's very big. The mirrors are very close to the edge of garage door. I wish it had retractable mirrors. Also, some idiot at the dealership got pen marks on many seats and the steering wheel. The dealer was able to get the marks off the seats, but not the leather of the steering wheel. The dealer is bringing in "an expert" to take care of it.
  • toto88toto88 Member Posts: 7
    I decided to wait awhile before buying, but I was made an offer that I just couldn't refuse. One dealer in town was offering $5k off MSRP on all 04's and the other dealer in town was offering $5.5k off MSRP. So we had plenty to chose from and the lease rates we got were fantastic as well. The wife hasn't stopped smiling...which works well for me, now she won't complain that I go golfing this weekend. Well she won't complain as long as I leave her the QX56.
    Ttot88:
    Congratulations. Enjoy the car. It sounds like we got similar deals. I got around 4900 off MSRP two weeks ago. Now is a great time to buy, the 05's which are essentially unchanged are coming out soon, gas prices are high, etc. We wanted the bench seat in the second row, so the stock was considerably smaller since I think only 20% of vehicles are made that way. I believe there were only 6 vehicles out of 100 in the NY metro area that met our criteria.

I still don't understand how the factory changes from 04 to 05. My vehicles was made in 9/04. Obviously the 05's if they are arriving in a few eeks are being made now. Does the factory just switch one day? "OK Monday we're finishing the 04's. On Tuesday's we're modifying the line and on Wednesday we'll be making 05's!"
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes. Usually, around March/April of the current model year, they'll build a few "pilot" models for next year with the improvements/upgrades that will be used. Then, as is the case in most American plants, they'll finish off building the current model year through mid/late summer, take a vacation while the plant switches over, and then return and start building the next model year.
  • suvluvrsuvluvr Member Posts: 1
    I've got a '98 Navigator that I ordered to spec. and it's had it's shortcomings, but all in all a pretty reliable vehicle once all the bugs were worked out. First year issues are always risky. They never really fixed the air suspension system, despite being in perhaps 6 times for that thru the life it's 106K miles. Free loaners at the dealership made in less unpleasant. I've gotten used to the riding high with all the bells and whistles and this QX56 looks like it could be the ticket to a long love affair. Love at first sight at the Spring carshow, but dragged my feet and didn't take a test drive till last week. It was all and more than I expected! The navigation system and rearview camera made me feel like Flash Gordon ;-} and I love the way it handled. The seating is great...power 3rd row is so sensible. That third row in the Lincoln had to be removed and stowed in the garage to make room for cargo. I used it only once in 7 years on a road trip and never used it again simply because it was never handy when I needed it. I really want a 2nd row split bench seat this time, as I ordered captain's chairs in the second row on the Navigator...and although very comfortable for the two second row occupants, there were times I regretted not having room for three. I am very leary, however, of taking a chance on a '04 with the 05's due in within weeks. My local dealer is getting aggressive in moving them out and the discounts are tempting. I am assuming these vehicles are not all that bad, percentagewise, if you look at the relative scarcity of complaints (take a look at almost any other make on these forums)...every one of them has SCADDS of complaints. Of course, in the Q56's case, we are not even out a full year...I am sure this site will have it's share.
    Anyway...I really appreciate all the input I have read. These forums are such a great way to share info and I bet the manufacturers keep an eye on them, too, to see what the general buzz about their products are. (Hoping Infiniti paid attention and improved the '05's...heheheh) What a great way to research when buying a new car. I was not such a computerhead in '97 when I ordered the Navigator. Damn...I Love Technology!
    I have not ruled out any of the Luxury SUV's but I REALLY want to love and trust this vehicle.
    Wish me luck!
    My wife picked up her new qx56 today. Sticker was around 53000.00 bought it for 45499.00. Seemed like they were itching to get rid of it. So far this truck is miles ahead of the suburban we trade. I hope it stays that way.
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    Are these prices everyone is quoting with or without tax included. dealer agreed to 49000 and showed me the invoice to a fully loaded minus the dvd. I want to pay 49 with tax included

thank you charlie
    no tax was included. I think it was 720.00 sales tax, 65.00 title, 29.00 sticker.
    The truck does not have a DVD or sun roof.

I also read in the paper 8,000.00 off a 2004.

Hope this helps
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    what newspaper did you see that in
  • nissanman1nissanman1 Member Posts: 7
    I brought my 2004 QX56 in mid October (build date was August) and paid an even $50,000.00 which is $550 under invoice (includes destination charges but not taxes). Sticker price was $55,250.00. It is fully loaded with all the options including DVD, rear-view camera, sunroof, floor mats and spash guards. My wife and I just love this truck. It is colbalt blue with a tan interior and all my neighbors and friends comment how great this SUV looks (so why do most of the auto review guys like James Healey from USA today, etc. say this vehicle is ugly!!!. I don't get it). I love the roominess, comfortable seats, the quickness and power of that 315 horsepower engine, fold flat rear seats, and that rearview camera (which the Escalade and Navigator don't have). So far after just 1,500 miles, I have no complaints. I am aware of all the TSB's with this vehicle and the Armada, but I am willing to take a chance. Hey, even the Lexus RX300 had teething problems in its first year of production in 1999. In my opinion, for the money this is the best luxury SUV on the market today.
    The Sunday Boston Globe, Quirk is the dealer. They had a QX56 for 44,999.00 yesterday.
    No dout it had just the basics, but that's alot for a QX.
    www.quirkcars.com
    Congrats nissanman. Sounds like you got a great deal.

We now have had our QX for 1000 miles. My wife is the primary driver and I asked her about it and she simply said, "I love it." We would definitely purchase again. No problems to date.
    Thanks Kenr; Hopefully, the brake issue won't affect our vehicles, but I have no regrets with the QX56. I should mention, that I got this really good deal online by sending out bids (50,000 was my asking price and I wanted the built date in August or Sept. late model 2004) to 6 dealerships in NJ & Pa. Only one dealership matched that offer in October and that was Salerno/Duane Infiniti of Dennville, NJ. The dealership experience was just first class all the way. I would highly recommend them. There are still great deals out there right now, because of the incentives and 1.9% financing.

Also, if you own a small business, you can still right off 100% due to that SUV tax break up to $25,000. But you better hurry, because it will be gone after Dec. 31rst. I was able to get the 100% writeoff of the full value of the vehicle, because I purchased it before Oct. 22nd (before Bush signed into law to close that loophole).
  • md_usermd_user Member Posts: 10
    What's a good price to pay for '04 QX56 with DVD player and Intelligent cruise Control?
  • fparker1fparker1 Member Posts: 6
    they are selling 2004 models for right around invoice or a little less in san bernardino county california. i saw several at $49,xxx
    I think you could get the 04 QX56, fully loaded (DVD, Rearview camera) without the sunroof, for 49,000 or slightly below. Try the internet at Infiniti.com, like I did and tell them the price you want to pay. Good luck

P.S. Make sure the build date is from August, because the percentages are higher that there will be less problems, but no guarantee.
  • tomptomp Member Posts: 5
    what kind of discounts should I find on an 05?
  • guywguyw Member Posts: 1
    I have over 4k miles on my 2005 QX56. It drives and rides great. Motor and transmission are it's best assets. But the downside is the interior. Cheap plastic surrounds you and scratches easily and some controls are not lighted at night making them hard to find. The seat warmers are not very warm nor does it warm the back of the seat. The DVD player, located in the front console, is crazy. The navigational system is okay, but you have to push the "agree" button each time you start the engine. The QX56 does not having daytime running lights. What's up with this from a SUV selling safety. This is a great 40k SUV, but not 55k. Go for the GMC Denali instead.
  • peteydogpeteydog Member Posts: 6
    I would have to kindly dissagree mr. guyw. I just bought a 2005 QX and love it. The back of my seat heats up and they get very warm, maybe your battery needs a charge? lol. Nav systems is choice and don't mind pressing an ok button every time i start. I own a '04 Denali and the 2nd row doesn't come CLOSE to the room in the QX. anytime anyone over 5'6 sits back there i have to scoot my seat up. Lame. to boot, the Denali makes you "remove" the 3rd row seat...Lamer. Daytime running lites..who cares, it's day. I'm getting an after market dvd with screens in aftermarket headrests (i've learned that factory dvd's are also lame). The '05 qx I own is unbelievable the best value considering it's competition of the navigator, escalade and Denali...hands down. Oh, and did I mention that I will be swapping my 22 inch rims for my Denali to my qx?? Well, i guess i just did. And my Denali's interior in my opinion is the same if not less than my QX. So you can slam your qx, but obviously you have never owned a Denali, as I own both right now...i hope that helps your "buyers remorse" and other readers out there. This QX completely rocks!
    Hey Peteydog, I totally agree with everything you said and who would want to remove a third row seat when you can just fold it flat like a minivan. But, you did forget two other valid points for comparison of these vehicles. One, the GM service is a joke compared to Infiniti service (no comparison) and two, that rear-view camera is a must have item for a large SUV. Now, for 2005 QX, both the Nav. and rearview camera comes standard. So, there is no doubt that the QX is the best value for the money in the luxury SUV market.
    Did you forget about the great headlights, Power lift gate or The Great One Of A Kind Look.

How many QX 56 have you seen on the road? Not many.
  • guyw1guyw1 Member Posts: 2
    To clarify to Peteydog and other consumers, I was pointing out items that, if improved, would make this a great luxury SUV instead of average. You are right about 2nd row seat leg room. But 22" rims (Lame) maybe you need to read about brake problems before you install these. I am hoping Infinity has done something to correct this. I have no buyers remorse and also have owned 02, 03, and 04 Denalis. I just wanted a change, but for approximately 10k less, the Denali is a good choice.As far as the 3rd row seat,it is nice to fold flat,also love the remote rear hatch. Don't get me wrong, the QX is a great SUV, just needs some refinement, mostly interior plastic. I will be waiting for next years Lexus 470 if they update it.
  • fparker1fparker1 Member Posts: 6
    I guess they really want to get rid of these (2004). The walk-in price in Southern California is $5000 below MSRP. The 2005 models are running about $900 over invoice but there isn't that great of a selection right now.
  • lar60lar60 Member Posts: 21
    I am beginning the search for a new SUV. I first looked at the QX56 earlier this year, but was too far out on my lease of our current SUV, a loaded 2000 Yukon XL which has lousy resale value, to financially make sense in beaking the lease early. We are now in the final few months of the lease and I am seriously considering the QX56. I test drove the early '04 models and loved the car,also liked the Nav., but there seemes to be some issue regarding pre/post August production of the QX. Any substantial reasons why? Also, are there any significant differences between the 04 and 05 models, other than just the first model year issues that typically arise? Any thoughts are appreciated. I live in the San Diego area and see the current ads for $5000 off MSRP for the 04 Models. This might be enough incentive to make me act sooner than wait until spring and most likely have to buy the 05.

On a side note, I'm actually going to lease because I firmly believe that the hybrid technology will continue to improve to a point where use in full size SUV's will become more common. I saw an article in one of the auto mags recently talking about future cars being released with hybrid and I believe that in '06 the Yukon (not XL) will be released with hybrid. I have a 10 year old son that I have thought about holding on to a car for long enough to give him when he starts driving, I want alot of metal around him, but gas in 6-7 years will probably be several $$ a gallon, just like it currently is in Europe.

Thanks for any thoughts
    How can you call 22" rims lame? My gosh, have you seen what this vehicle looks like with these? apparently not. but i must agree, have heard many break "issues" that I must admit, am a little paranoid about. rumor has it that they are fixing calipers and will probably have some recalls spring 2005. can't wait to get those beefed up, because i've heard of a lot of break issues...albeit, i only have 1500 miles on mine and it's smooth as a baby's butt so far.. I will have video screens in the back of the headrests and a PS2 installed in the back..i'll be ready...

have loved my '05 qx56 thus far as I love the fact that it's so different...everyone drives the same suv..this really stands out.

btw, the denali is not 10k less than the qx..but i bought my qx loaded with sunroof for 49k. do you like buy a new car every year? hmmm, maybe trying for that tax deduction on a yearly basis?

lates.
    I'm in the market for an 05 QX56 with DVD player and sunroof. What's a good price in the DC/MD/VA area?
  • hockeybobhockeybob Member Posts: 2
    Nissanman, Are you sure the Sec 179 write-off ended on 12/31? Not that Congress makes much sense but it would stand to reason that the law change from 100% unlimited to 100% $25k max would not have been made just for the two months prior to the whole law going away. My acct is not well-versed on the rules but it seems yours is. Any thoughts? Any problems with the Q?
  • dougcdougc Member Posts: 3
    I bought my qx56 2005, totally loaded except laser cruise control for $50,150 from Marin Infinity. I was working with three dealers and two (San Diego & Serramonte) said the price was impossible for an '05. All & all a good price.

The QX is the best foul weather truck I've ever driven. In two weeks I've tracked 1,500 miles in torrential rain storms and similar blizzard conditions. The truck is more sure footed than any Audi Quattro sedan. Switch to 2wd on dry roads and kick the tail around in a turn; fun stuff.

The second row bench design is brilliant; the nav/radio/climate control design is the worst I've encountered in any vehicle. The truck has assembly issues which by this time in production I'm surprised still exist. I'm receiving no benefit from having a second year run vehicle.

Infinity is not Lexus and with three visits and four days in the shop already for tsb's my experience suggests Infinity is not Dodge, Chevy or Ford either. The local dealer (San Diego), not the selling dealer, is very defensive about their expectations of customer dissatification Re: the truck. The real problem is not the truck because the tsb's are accurate and in my case severe window clatter and DVD bracket rattles; TSB #052, fixed the problem. It took them three visits to complete the repairs. The truck was returned with a dirty headliner and grease on the second row seat. I asked the service manager a rhetorical question of; "...at what point do you people start to get embarrassed". I just got it back yesterday and today I've discovered the rear AV and climate controls don't work.Infinity customer service is non existant. Nothing more than an apoligy service directing you back to the incompetant dealer. Not fun stuff.

Great truck but beware you have no advocates to represent you if your local dealer is subpar.
    I know the 100% write-off for small business of SUV's up to $100,000 was terminated Oct. 22nd. But you are right; congress currently lowered the loophole write-off to $25,000. But I heard (don't quote me) that they will raise the SUV weight limit write-off from 6,000lbs to 15,000lbs. That will eliminate all the luxury SUV's. My advice, just ask your accountant to check that info. So far, no problems with my QX56 with almost 4,000 miles, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
  • lar60lar60 Member Posts: 21
    Dougc,

Which San Diego dealer are you working with? I am just a few months away from getting our new SUV and live in SD, so service down here is an issue. I would most likely use the Discover dealership in Carlsbad. By the way, I have a friend that just bought his Q from the Dealer in Marin and was very happy with price he paid. Do I have to go up there to buy my truck?

Thanks
  • dougcdougc Member Posts: 3
    Lar60:

The Marin dealer moved a unit for their year end tally; that's all they got out of this transaction. They were very aggressive on their advertised specials; but at that they were only equal to Serramonte; (Colma, South San Francisco). By the time I made up my mind the advertised specials (04's) were history. It was at that point the Marin sales manager called and offered me the 05. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that dealership. I cut the deal on the phone on Wednesday from SD. On Thursday morning I walked in the dealership and picked up the car. I was out of there within the hour & that included obtaining financing and insurance. The deal was honored to the penny; there were no surprises or attempts at ancillary sales.

My local dealership is Discovery in Kearny Mesa area of town.

By the way the truck is great. My wife loves it. She's 5' 1" & it's her daily driver. The truck has the best seat, mirror & pedal adjustments we found. That coupled with the accuracy of the rear vision screen allows "Hippo" to defy's it's size in daily driving. There are alot of posts, including mine, that seem to highlight the low points of the QX. Don't let it concern you; I think it's frustration that Infinity did such a good job with so many of the things that matter that it would be nice if they took a closer look at things that are real easy to fix.

Good luck on your decision
    I bought my '05 Qx56 for $49.5k loaded, except for DVD. Bought it from Hiro at Infiniti at Montclair. Had it deliverd via transport. Pleasant experience. I've had my Qx for 2k miles and it's been flawless. No rattles, no brake probs...flawless. I have no issues with anything! Mine was manufactured in Oct '04, maybe they made some changes or improvements? Anyway, this truck rocks and btw, write off is 25k + 50% of the remaining 15k...ended 12/31/04. Now, it's just 25k. I made it. People that bought before 10/22, welp, win/lose. '04 Qx is stinky, but better write off. And a note to my friend CJDawg, the '04-'05 Landcruisers are totally lame! Might as well buy a '94 since they're identical! And pleeease, chris, don't buy a flippin' tahoe! My gosh spare me!

Lates!

Peteydog
  • gelo7gelo7 Member Posts: 3
    We drove the escalade ESV, navigator, Gx470, Lx470, and the QX56. We liked different things about all of them. But, the QX56 came out ahead of the class for us. We had three dealers offering $7000 off MSRP for their 2004 models, which was around $48,100 for 4wd,DVD, sunroof, mats, splashguards,intellicruise,and navigation. We settle on a black on black 2005 2wd,DVD,sunroof, mats,XM radio,navigation, intellicruise, splashguards and a full tank of gas from Troncalli Infiniti for $48,100. I've been lurking on these boards since last March, so we knew what to look for. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Gelo7,

Congratulations on your new QX56. I am in the market for one, can you publish the dealer and state where you bought your QX56?
  • gelo7gelo7 Member Posts: 3
    md user,

Thanks, we purchased our QX from Troncalli Infiniti in Decatur, Georgia. There are about four dealers in the metro Atlanta area. Good luck.

Gelo7
  • ringleader6ringleader6 Member Posts: 43
    The guys at Infiniti of South Atlanta at Union City are competetive also, they are transplants from the Troncalli dealership. Bought my QX from South Atlanta, two Q45 and FX45 from Troncalli. Atlanta is by far the major market for Infiniti and Troncalli always has triple the inventory of any dealer in the country, but Infiniti controls the dealer swaps. By the way I received the second to hit the floor last spring and got a $6500 discount then when everyone else wanted sticker or at best $500 off
  • murphdogmurphdog Member Posts: 15
    Picked up a brand new 04 QX for 50K. Sticker was 55,250 so it is fully loaded. Could have rec'vd the 2K rebate, but that is good only if you buy and I am leasing. Paid $300 over invoice, so I feel good about it. They are not discounting the 05's much.

39 month/39K mile lease worked out to $673 including 5% MA sales tax (paid first month, acq fee ($550), plates ($83), and doc fee ($149).

Will check back to give an update on the truck after the wife puts some miles on it.
    I'm in the market for an 05 QX56 with DVD player/Satellite radio/sunroof/Inteligent Control. What's a good price in the DC/MD/VA area or neighboring states?
  • jaybeaujaybeau Member Posts: 2
    Well we must have hit it just right. It was about two weeks before Christmas at about 6 o'clock on a Friday night. We had been looking at Tahoes and were pretty fed up with stickers close to $40 grand for what we thought was an "average" SUV. My wife had been driving a Volvo C-70 convertible and was tired of being run off the road. When she saw the black QX-56 that was all it took. By the way, the name of it is liquid onyx, and it fits it perfectly. The "list" on our leftover (only 23 miles) was $51,750 and the dealer ran an ad in the local paper~ which we did not see until we hit the show room floor~ for $47,950...we were not at all familiar with Infiniti's pricing until my son chirped up,"Dad, they don't budge on prices." Well we got the deal of a lifetime and the CHEAPEST car we have bought since the early 80's. Let me explain~ we got 30 grand plus for the Volvo and paid no tax on the trade in value so for about 15 grand we drove off in our new QX-56. It might help to tell you that the dealership was in total turmoil as they were moving~ right around the corner to our house. We bought the cargo net for the rear area and it seems to be working well. The price is stiff but so is the gas pump after you fill up.A K&N will net no mileage gain so save your $50~ we already tried. Great vehicle~ hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
  • jaybeaujaybeau Member Posts: 2
    Come to Baton Rouge~ see our post #97.
  • momoftwinsmomoftwins Member Posts: 2
    Peteydog (And any other recent '05 QX buyers)

Momoftwins here and I cannot believe that you got your '05 QX for 49K (alebit in Dec '04 vs Mar '05)! Where do you live so I can go to your dealer and how were you able to get it for $49K when invoice for a fully loaded QX (minus ICC) is $50,171?

Please let me know ASAP as I have been quoted $53K for a fresh off the truck '05 QX ($3,100) over invoice. Thanks.
  • mricha02mricha02 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an '05 QX56 2WD with sunroof, splash guards, and rear cargo mat. I paid 47.5K at Infiniti of Melbourne (Melbourne, FL). I've bought a lot of cars and have to say that this dealership was the best experience my wife and I have ever had. We traded in an 03 Navigator and their first round of numbers they gave us 3K over Kelly Blue Book value for excellent condition, which was great considering that the resale on a NAV is horrible. The second round they came down to 47,984 and we settled on 47.5K. Finance office was great and gave me the best rate (which I had researched prior to) without any haggling or trying to get me to buy an extended warranty to lower the rate. I was in and out in a little over an hour including test drive. If you're looking, definitely check them out
  • thewall67thewall67 Member Posts: 4
    This is my first luxary car and I love my QX56. I can't see buying this cars because I want to drive a new car every 3 years. Tell me if i got a good deal, 2004 loaded but no DVD. I got it in december $659 a month 36 months. NO money down. All i paid is first month and registration fee.
    I love this truck eventhough the brakes are no good. I took it in for service and the service is amazing. I got an FX45 (loved it) to hold me over and they fixed all the little things and the breaks within 1 day.
  • maverick121maverick121 Member Posts: 1
    How much under MSRP have people been paying in the Dallas, Tx area? Thx!
  • justinfriesjustinfries Member Posts: 2
    Katana2:

I am purchasing a Silver Indulgence QX56. I saw your post about tinting the front windows. Do you know what "percentage" you used on the front windows? I wanted to match the fronts to the rear sides but they advised it would be VERY dark. Do you have a photo? Let me know... How do you like the truck?
    thanks

Jfries