Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frankie515frankie515 Member Posts: 2
    Took a leftover 04 on December 31 and got $8000 off sticker in NY/NJ area. The MSRP was $55,350 and paid $8,000 less....you dont get a great choice of color, but I took the last Cobalt Blue and I learned to really like the color....besides the truck is great and saved over $20K compared to the Escalade which was $68K with the same options.....
  • miamilexus330miamilexus330 Member Posts: 1
    I saw that this same reporter wanted to speak to someone regarding Lexus Rx330 and Infiniti QX56. I am very interested in speaking with this reporter. I had a 2005 RX330 for 5 months. When my vehicle reached 5,000 as required I took it in to Kendall of Lexus in Miami, Florida. Approximately 2 weeks later the car was stolen from my circular driveway, steps away from my front door. The alarm did not go off, no window was broken, police and all others I contacted believe it was an inside job from the dealer. I wrote to the CEO of Lexus, Bob Carter back in May, 2005 when this theft occurred. To date no one at Lexus seems to care nor have they acknowledged my certified return receipt letter, which was received. I am now looking at purchasing an Infiniti QX56 and hope that Infiniti will stand behind their vehicles and their customers a lot more than Lexus. The breech in security and personal information at the dealership seems to be a problem which Lexus wishes to ignore. I want everyone to know my experience and I believe there is a big story about theft after having a vehicle serviced. If you are interested, please contact me at miamilexus330.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    I will pass your information along to the reporter - thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• paotronpaotron Member Posts: 7
    I am thinking to purchase a 2005 QX56 very soon. Does anyone know if the brake problem have been resolved?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    You can ask those who already own the vehicle in our regular Infiniti QX56 discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• windshieldtimewindshieldtime Member Posts: 4
    Guys,

Currently have 2000 LX 470 and looking to trade for 2005 QX. LX is great, but not many bells/whistles for $$$. The QX's nav is cool and room is second to none. The fold flat 3rd row is very exciting vs. LX crappy 3rd row. I'm in St.Louis area and Bommarito Infiniti will take care of me if any problems. Question is I want to put 22" rims/tires on it and was hoping any of you guys that have done that can recommend package. I know good when I see it...the dealer's aftermarket wheels are just average. Thanks alot and I'll make I sure I share my experiences.
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    I would start by looking in some magazines like DUB, Rides etc. I seen one in both rides and dub sitting on 26" Gianelle Milos-6 rims.Just a thought you might want more stopping power rolling on something like that. Its in the june/july edition of both magazines. Hope this helps
  • windshieldtimewindshieldtime Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I think I've decided on some 22" Akuza OJs w/Nitto tires. It's amazing the different wheels out there - they do look great on the QX.

BTW, I'm getting $500 over invoice on a fully loaded 2005. They have fixed the brake/rotor problem and your service mgr can tell you if you have the new/improved based on build dates. If not, eventually everyone w/ '04 and early '05 models will get retrofitted. God luck and happy motoring!
  • litespeedbladelitespeedblade Member Posts: 4
    Since the 06's will be released in a few weeks, I'm looking to purchase a new 05 in order to save a few dollars since the dealers need to sell off the remaining 05's. What are people paying for the remaining 05's? I've also heard that the brake problems have been fixed on all QX56's manufactured after May 05. I've also been informed that the only difference in the 06 vs. the 05 is that the 06 will come with Bluetooth as an option.
  • nomar69nomar69 Member Posts: 49
    This from Nissannews.com:

"The QX56 enters 2006 with several enhancements – most notably the addition of power folding outside mirrors with heat, electrochromic auto-dimming, power adjust and integrated turn signal, 60/40 split for the 3rd row seat, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System and mp3 playback capability are added to the vehicle’s extensive list of standard technology and convenience features."
  • snowdonsnowdon Member Posts: 38
    Looking to get an idea on price, have sent out several request for prices.

Michael :shades:
  • lds3lds3 Member Posts: 5
    I test drove the QX this weekend and fell in love with it but dealer won't budge too much on price. GM is offering me a great deal on a 06 Denali loaded...then I look at Nissan and can get a good deal on a loaded LE Armada....what is the justification of spending $5-6K more on on Infiniti than the Nissan??? thanks for your help..I'm baffled!
    Ids3,

I, too, am trying to justify spending the extra $$$ for the QX over the Armada...or the Acura MDX. I'm not sure if the extra luxury touches warrant spending extra money. I am, however, waiting for the '06 on all the above models.

The QX has a better warranty (4yr/60,000mi) vs. Nissan's 3yr/36,000mi. As told to me by the salesperson at Infinity, the QX has 120 lbs more in sound deadening material so that it is more quiet than the Armada. The QX also has a better looking front end (in my opinion) and has xenon headlights. Of course, you'd be getting Infiniti's customer service.

What other vehicles are you considering?
    I'm considering the QX or the Armada (loaded) or the 06 GMC Yukon Denali (which is considerably louder)...I'm leaning toward the Infiniti because I know so many people that swear by their service, but still $$$$!!! Why wait on the 06 models, which I have been told don't come out until November? Won;t they again be considerably higher with not that many changes? I drove an 05 which had JUST come off the truck (15 miles on it) and it was $500 more than one sitting on the lot! So confusing!
    oh, and by the way, isn't the Acrua alot smaller than the Infiniti????
    When it comes to the MDX, looks are deceiving. It's actually as wide as the QX56 (about 78 inches). The difference in length is about 19" (MDX-188"/QX-207")...the QX has considerably more leg room in the second row as compared to the MDX. But in the 3rd row, they are comparable in leg room. In the pics of the 3rd row of the QX, it appears that there's quite a lot of leg room. But, since Infinity put so much leg room for the second row, it decreased the amount of leg room for the 3rd row. The reason why it LOOKS like there's a lot of leg room in the 3rd row is because the 3rd row seat surface is considerably shorter (from front to back) than the second row seats. But, there's a lot more legroom back there than most SUVs.

The main reason why I'm holding off til the '06 QX is because the it has split 3rd row bench seating (which is important to me). And, I'll also be getting a bench 2nd row versus 2 captain's chairs. I configured an '06 QX and it came to $55,712 (incl. destination). I'm hoping the dealer will come down on that since V8s right now are not considered HOT because of gas prices. The Armada (loaded) came to about $47K and I'm sure the '06 MDX will be in the mid- to upper $40K as well.
    I checked out the '05 and ;06 Armada's today and defintely have crossed them off the list! The interior package is awful! The "leather" seats look and feel cheap. The interior trim is as well. Didn't even test drive it. All I had to do is look at it....I, too, like the split seat in the back .. looking forward to seeing if Infiniti will deal, but doubt it! Good luck!
  • kaykay3kaykay3 Member Posts: 8
    I am also considering a qx56 2005 vs 2006. I saw some of you post today that you are waiting for the 2006's. The 2006's have just come in because I looked at one today. (I live in Houston) It still doesn't show in the dealer inventory on Infinit's webpage, but probably because they just unloaded them and were in the back of the lot and not totally "unwrapped" yet. I did not look at the interior of the 06. I did not realize the 3rd row was different. The dealer told me they were not making deals on the 2006's and they also don't have the special financing on them either. Not sure if the bluetooth, mirrors, and seat are worth the extra $ or not. I am going to go back and check out the interior of the 2006 tomorrow.
    That's too bad that your dealer is not willing to deal. My guess is that the '06 QX56 wont be 'flying off the shelves' so dealers should deal even a little bit to help move them...especially now that gas prices are up. Here in Wash. DC metro area, gas jumped 25 cents today!

Are you considering the '05 or '06 Nissan Armadas? I got quotes from dealers on '05 Armadas and without haggling, they offered $41K for a fully loaded LE (MSRP $47K and invoice of $43K).

I'd like to stick with the QX though. Let us know what you think of the interior of the '06 QX when check them out.

I wonder when the DC metro area will be getting their stock of the '06 QX??
  • carexpertcarexpert Member Posts: 3
    Beautiful SUV.......however, watch out for its brakes.....they run out every 5K to 7 K miles.....that is a real headache and I don't see any solution to the problem yet.....Dealers do replace brake discs and pads while in guarantee........but what about after the warranty expires......are you willing to put out of your pocket between $1500 to $2000 every time you have to change the oil on it?
    According to some posts, this brake problem has been taken care of. Or is it inaccurate? I defnitely would not consider buying the Armada/QX56 if the problem still persists. Wouldn't Nissan smarten up and take care of the problem at least for the '06s??
    I also thought that the brake problem was fixed also. I read somewhere (not sure if it was on this board) that it was fixed in units manufactured after May 2005. I don't want a car that is a lot of headaches. I already have one of those that I am getting rid of (a BMW 540i). The qx56 was rated one of the best for low repairs on something I read.
    I haven't went back to look at the interior of the 2006 qx56 yet, but I am still working with the dealer on the price. I think they don't want to deal because they want to squeeze me into buying one of the many 2005 they have left sitting on the lot. I told them their competition is dealing on the 2006's, but I still haven't got too far with that. I really want the 2006 but don't really want to pay 4,000 more for it. You are right about the gas .... another big jump today. It's crazy!
    kaykay3,

keep us posted on your negotiations with the dealer on that '06 QX.

What is the MSRP of the '06 QX that you want? My dealer said that the brake problem was "solved" in March of this year. Does anyone know what Nissan did to resolve the brake problem?

Thanks.
    I just purchased a 2005 QX56 that was manufactured in June and paid $500 under invoice for a fully loaded model (msrp of $55,140, purchase price of $49,800). The brake problem was fixed earlier this year and verified by all 3 dealers that we spoke with during our search, so if you want to get a great deal on the QX56 then purchase a 2005 that was manufactured May or later. We felt that it didn't make sense to pay more $$ for an 06 for what we consider to have "non-essential" additions (bluetooth, etc.) especially given the fact that the 05 we are purchasing has the new brakes, which was ultimately our main concern.

As for the other large SUV choices, here is our take: we looked at the Armada with the thinking that we could save a few $$, but after seeing the cheap interior, we decided no way and didn't even take it for a test drive. The 06 Denali would be a very bad choice since GM will be introducing a brand new, redesigned Denali/Tahoe/Escalade next fall. The big Lexus is a blah looking truck that is way overdue for a redesign. The mid-sized Lexus is a nice truck, but again it's not as big as the QX. The Acura MDX is much smaller than the QX and not as sporty as the X5 or the new Mercedes ML500. The X5 shouldn't be a choice either given the fact that BMW will be introducing a new, redesigned X5 next fall. The new ML500 is very nice, but is much smaller than the QX.

So, we decided to purchase the 05 QX56 and couldn't be happier.
    Congrats on your new "Q"!!

How was the selection of '05s at your dealer? And, were there any '06s in the lot? Did they offer any "special" financing?

Where on the vehicle do you check for it's manufacture date??

Congrats again!
    Ist off, I have now ruled out the 06 Denali...it has absolutely NO cargo room and coming from a Yukon XL, i would like to have cargo room! Spoke to a 04 QX owner last night in a parking lot, and they love their's so much, they will trade for an 06...they had brake problem but it is no longer an issue and has been fixed. Now, just trying to decide between 05 and 06..Dealer not budging at all on price, even with given gas crunch problems. I emailed Infiniti corporate about when 06 will be in the Georgia area, and have not gotten a response. 05 special financing in our area until 9/6 is 3.99 up to 60 months of 1.99 under 36 months. Does anyone know msrp on 06????
    Ids3,

Infiniti website has the MSRP on the '06 QX56. You can build and price an '06 now.
    nomar69,

We're in Chicago, so there are still lots of 05's to choose from; however we found that in our area there were only five 2005 QX56's in Silver Indulgence that were manufactured May or later (ours was manufactured in June). I did not see any 06's at any of the dealers we visited, but again, we didn't want to pay the premium for an 06 with "new" features that were meaningless to us. The only way to tell if the truck was manufactured in May or later is to ask the dealers in your area if they have any stock since the date of manufacture is not something that the dealer will include when posting their inventory on their website.

We decided to lease the QX56 given the fact that this truck does not hold its value over time, so I don't know if Infiniti is offering any "special" financing rates. Again, all of the dealers that we spoke with were willing to match our best price, $500 under invoice, which in our minds is truly a great price and would make up for a lack of "special" lease rates. Our residual on the lease was 56% and the money factor was .00209, which comes out to a 5.0% interest rate. The residual is much lower than our BMW lease (higher residual = lower monthly payment), but again this is an Infiniti, not a BMW. At the same time, a 56% residual is not bad when compared to the 48% offered by Range Rover, which we also contemplated buying during this whole search process.

My advice is to utilize Edmunds.com and send out a "price quote request" from this website to all of the dealers in your area. Specifically describe the truck you want - ex. Silver Indulgence with Captain's chairs, DVD, sunroof, willow interior, AND it has to be manufactured after May of 05. The dealers will get back to you with their best price and let you know if they have what you're looking for in stock, but make sure you tell them you definitively want one manufactured after May. If you really want an '06, then I think you will have to wait a few months until all of the remaining 05's have been sold - then, I'm sure the dealers will be willing to "deal" on the 06's.

Good luck!
    litespeedblade,

thanks very much for your insight!
  • kowboy69kowboy69 Member Posts: 1
    just to let you know that you paid invoice for the qx 56.
    kowboy69,

Thank you so much for your insight and attention to detail. However, if my calculator works correctly, I believe that we actually paid $696 under invoice. The invoice price for our 2005 truck - with DVD, Sunroof, Splash guards, trunk mat and including the destination fee is $50,496.

$50,496 - $49,800 = $696

But again, thank you for looking out for us, we appreciate it.
  • sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    I'm looking for suv also. Anyone of you tried 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE with 3rd seat. I'm getting that for $46K. What do you guys think comparing LR3 with QX56, MDX?
  • nycjonnycjon Member Posts: 1
    Hi there.
    I have a 2000 Range Rover HSE. I have kids & the RR will never offer a 3rd row seat (they say) so it's going and we cannot fit in a new one. The LR3 is nice but small (but damn the 3 sunroofs are cool). So we decided on the QX56. I test drove and it's a horse, kids are happy. Got a quote from CarsDirect. Pasted it below. Wanted to see if there is anything too look out for / anything that I should request / reject. This quote is current as of this posting. Thanks in advance for any thoughts before we buy.
    Jon
    (BTW -- I am going to put in my own entertainment / gaming system in, extra power outlets, etc. I'll tell you how it goes)
    VEHICLE DETAILS
    Engine: 5.6L V8 DOHC SMPISTD
    Transmission: Electronic 5-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive STD
    Tires: P265/70R18 BSWSTD
    Wheels: 18 in. Chrome STD
    Heated Front Bucket Seats STD
    Leather-Appointed Seating Surfaces STD
    Radio: Bose AM/FM/6CD In-Dash Audio System STD
    3.357 Axle Ratio STD
    Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 7,100 lbs STD
    Monotone Paint Application STD
    2nd Row Split Bench Seat STD
    Power Sliding/Tilt Glass Sunroof $1034

VEHICLE PRICING

CarsDirect.com Price $ 49,805.00
    macore install$ 799.00 (some extra wood)
    Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee)$ 250.00
    Taxable Total: $ 50,854.00
    8.37% Sales tax $ 4,259.02 (NY Tax Woo Hoo!)
    Subtotal with taxes: $ 55,113.02
    Registration (title) and license fees†$ 195.00
    Additional Official fee: $ 22.75
    FINAL PRICE$ 55,330.77
    Hi folks,

visited Infiniti of Chantilly, VA yesterday to take a closer look at the QX. While they were willing to deal on the '05s (they had about 10 on the lot), they say they wont/cant budge below MSRP on the '06s. I want an '06 but since they wont deal, I may have to wait a while longer until they do. At MSRP, my configured '06 QX56 comes to $55,600. The salesman was very friendly, courteous and very professional..these guys are definitely "a cut above" other dealerships...even other Infiniti dealerships in the area. I sent out quote requests to 3 other dealers in the area and I have not yet received replies from them while I have already received 4 emails from Infiniti of Chantilly. The salesperson says the '06 QX will be in demand when they come out. I can see how that can be especially with a vehicle like the QX but I just dont foresee them flying out the door especially with the gas prices where they are.

Has anyone found a dealer willing to go below MSRP on '06 QXs? Hopefully, when it comes time to buy, the dealer will want to negotiate a price..especially when he/she sees that the QXs arent selling as fast as they anticipated.
    I recently received a quote from Pearson Infiniti in Richmond, VA. They offered $1500 off MSRP for an '06 QX (MSRP = $56,272). I also received a quote from a dealer from in PA (Infiniti of Willow Grove) for $2652 off MSRP (MSRP=$57,422). These are their internet pricing. With this "ammunition", I will try and get my local dealer, who originally said they won't/can't budge down from MSRP, to come down from MSRP. My local dealers are Passport Infiniti in Alexandria, Infiniti of Chantilly, Rosenthal Infiniti and Jim Coleman Infiniti.

I'll report back later.
    I am hearing the same thing from the dealers in Houston. It looks like they will only budge 1500 to 2000 off MSRP. I want the 4wd which makes it more difficult because there are only a few black or graphite (my 2 choices) available in the state of Texas w/o DVD package (I am adding headrest DVD players). I went to look at one today and it all of the sudden was sold when I got there and then the other black 4wd at another dealership all of the sudden was sold (even though it wasn't earlier today). It could be true, then again it could be a little game they are playing with me. I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if the car is "sold" or not.
    kaykay3,

Actually, the 1500-2000 off MSRP were the offers the dealers gave me without me haggling. I will try and get them to go lower when I'm in the position to buy, ie when I have my financing ready. By the way, Pentagon Federal Credit Union (www.penfed.org) has great rates...4.75% for 60 months. Becoming a member is easy!

Looking for an '06 Black/Graphite QX56 with my specs (2nd row split bench seating/No DVD) is a bit more difficult to find. I found a dealer in PA (I'm in VA) that has every option I want (and a bit more) and that dealer is giving me about $2600 off MSRP. The downside is that the dealer is 2 states away.

Sounds like that dealer you went to has QXs flying off the lot. Kind of hard to believe. Maybe the dealer is trying to make you think that the QX's are "in demand" to try and justify their lack of discounting.

Keep us posted. I will do the same.
  • ray964ray964 Member Posts: 2
    Are all the brake problems fixed on the 06. Looking to get a QX or a Range Rover Sport. Big difference in both but like the room in the QX-56.
    Ray964,

QX56s and Armadas produced after May 2005 are free of the brake problem.
    I did not believe that they were selling that quick myself until we went in to try and put a deposit on one. When I got there yesterday, the two in Houston that met my specs were both sold. I put a deposit last night and they said they would call me today and let me know if I was getting the black one in Houston or one coming from Ft. Worth. He calls today and both are sold. He tried to talk me into white and into their DVD package instead of aftermarket one and I said no. He called a few hours later and said one is at the factory that will be here next week. The deal works out to about $2500 off MSRP. Not very good considering they are making more money on some dealer installed accessories (sat. radio, extra wood, DVD, window tint). Why do I have to pick something that is in high demand?! Hard to believe when you think about it. I looked at the Armada today. They came down to $6500 off MSRP in about 5 minutes. I know it is the same "base", but the interior did nothing for me. I like the dressed up QX56. The Armada doesn't seem like a luxury car when you get in it. In this case it works out to about a $9,000 difference. They charge you $2,000 extra for bucket seats in the second row on the Armada. I guess it's cheaper for them to do the second row bench, but Infiniti already has the $2000 built into the base price and you don't get it back. So for you it might be like a $11,000 difference. Too bad I can't talk myself into that Armada.
    kaykay3,

for the amount of money these things are selling for ($50K+), you should get exactly what you want! I'm not willing to compromise color or get any unwanted accessory. I've made that clear to the dealers I'm communicating with. One dealer told me that these '06s (because of their newly added amenities) will be in high demand. I myself don't believe that. They won't be in as much demand as, say, the new '06 MDX which I KNOW they won't budge on.

Regarding the Armada, it's nice, but I prefer the bells & whistles that the QX brings as well as the luxury treatment that you get from the dealer. You mentioned Nissan dealers coming down $6500 off MSRP...is that for the '06 models?? That's amazing they would come down that low without haggling.

The Infiniti dealer (Infiniti of Chantilly) closest to me says the best way to get the exact vehicle I want is to "order" it. My only reservation about that is that this particular dealer wants a "non-refundable" $2500 check up front while others are asking for a $500 refundable check. From what I'm told, 1 out of every 18 QX's made are with the 2nd row SPLIT BENCH. But, a split bench is what my wife and I want on this vehicle.

My first choice would be the QX but if I don't get my way, I might just turn to the '06 MDX which, fully loaded, will be about $9K less than the loaded QX. Since I'm the only bread winner, my wife would love for me to go for the less expensive alternative.

The saga continues...stay tuned!
  • sflemingsfleming Member Posts: 12
    Read the owner reviews!

I had thought the QX just might be the SUV for me. Ready to buy either this or the other top three competitors. Luckilly I thought to go to the owner reviews both here and on Yahoo. I was going on the professional reviews and I've paid to get the Edmonds info packs.

I was shocked by the many many horror stories on the QX. What a shame as it really is a great looking vehicle. I was not thrilled at the idea of the Escalade as it is to be replaced with a major upgrade in the spring. The Lexus is dated and overpriced.

I have to now be deeply suspicious of Infinity in general as a company. How could they produce such an expensive SUV that rattles seemingly everywhere .... has the wrong brakes on it and requires numerous services in the first months of ownership? No way I'm going to take this chance. My wife and I are recently retired and this will be our first truly luxury auto purchcase.

Escalade owners are 95 percent positive and most of them rave about them. Many second and third time around Escalade owners even. Guess I'll take the safe road or think more seriously about the Lexus which is consistently at the top of reliability ratings.

Now I know why JD Powers dissed the QX.

As to dealers telling you potential buyers that the 2006s are going to fly off the lots ... I doubt it big time. Pure BS. Unless most purchasers just don't know how to use the internet. My guess is Infinity has drastically cut production.
    You're right. No SUV, 2006s or otherwise, will be flying off any lot. I know BS when I smell it.

I've also read the reviews and problems with earlier model QXs. Those problems (specifically the brake problem) you mention lie with QXs made prior to 5/05. So, to anyone looking to buy a QX, read the label on the front door jam to check on the production date.

Lexus is a great choice but, like you said, way too expensive and the look IS dated. But, you can't put a price on the reliability and quality customer service which are top-notch with Lexus!

Good luck with your decision!
  • wctennis1wctennis1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a silver graphite 2005 QX56 with factory installed DVD and sunroof and a sticker price including destination charges of $54,850 and I paid $48,300 plus taxes and tags which I think is about $1,700 under invoice. Purchase was form Nationwide in Timonium, MD and the vehicle was fresh off the truck with ten miles on it. I pressed hard on the price and didn't think I could get any more off although I think the dealer was working with some factory incentives to get it so far below invoice. I moved on it as someone else was interested in the car as well as it had only been there for two days and all the other colors they had were bad-Jade and White. Is this a good deal or since they are trying to move 2005's to make room for the 2006's should I have pushed harder for more.
    It sounds like you got a good deal. I'm wondering how your new car already has 10 miles on it if it's fresh off the truck?? Great deal, nevertheless!

I was offered $49K+ at one DC area dealership w/o haggling.

You may have a gotten just a hair more if you'd waited closer to the end of the month.
    Some of it is BS and some is not. All the black and graphite 2006 4wd in Houston have seemed to fly off the lots. I thought they were lying, but a few days after they told me that, they dropped off the inventory on the webpage. I could probably get a better deal by waiting or changing colors or not getting 4wd or getting the 2005 instead of 2006. Bottom line, if I am going to spend $50,000 for a car I am getting what I want and not compromising to save a few extra bucks. We also considered an Escalade, but are also worried about design changes. I have read the bad reviews on the qx, but was hoping that most of that had been resolved. That happens with new cars sometimes. We got one of the first BMW 540i 6 speeds (1997) to come into the states and the car had constant problems. The later models got better. Anyway, I put a deposit on a qx that was going to be here tomorrow, but now we have a monster hurricane coming instead. Maybe it just is not meant to be! They might be literally "flying" off the lots here in Houston in a few days.
    Was your deposit refundable? How much of a deposit was it? I hope things work out in your favor this time.

It seems that I'm working harder than the salesperson that I'm working with in trying to look for the vehicle that has my specs. Almost everyday I check other dealers inventories. I finally found one in a neighboring state (MD) and told my salesperson about it and asked him if they can get that vehicle from that particular dealer. I also gave him an offer and told him that I'm ready to pull the trigger and that my financing was set and ready to go. That was early yesterday and up to now, no reply. You'd think if the guy wanted a sale, he'd keep me up to date or at least tell me it might take a while. I feel like I've done everything on my part...now I'll just wait. If it doesn't happen, then it just wasn't meant to happen this time around. Maybe its fate telling me to look at the less expensive 2006 Acura MDX.

Be SAFE! Avoid the hurricane at all costs!
    I gave a credit card for the deposit, so I am quite sure it will be refundable. If they don't want to do it, I will just call my credit card company. I just gave 1,000 and did not really discuss if it was refundable or not. I wasn't worried about it at the time as I was just waiting for my car to arrive. I will find out where everything stands next week. I know how you feel about the salespeople. The Infinity dealerships act like they don't have to work to get sales. I will let you know if I get the car next week and how I like everything, if it happens. Let me know if you get yours. I am like you, I am beginning to think this is just not meant to be.

As far as the hurricane goes, we are about 50 miles inland and were going to leave at 3:00 this morning, but the city is already jammed and you can't get out. My friend spent 4 hours and burnt a 1/4 tank of gas to go 10 miles this morning. I don't want to risk running out of gas since 75% of the gas stations are out of gas. Looks like it is moving more to the east. Only time will tell.
    I picked up my '06 QX56 last night from Rosenthal Infiniti (Tyson's Corner, VA). They pretty much gave me the best deal. The MSRP was $54,672 and I was able to get it for $52,500. Out the door, it came to $53,803.57. I even did better than Edmunds' TMV price of $53,956 (and that doesn't even include TTL). Despite the views that I've read about Rosenthal Infiniti, I found them to be straight forward and easy to work with. I talked directly to the General Sales Manager instead of the salesguy. I was in and out in about an hour and a half...most of that time was spent going over features of the car.

I was hoping to deal with Infiniti of Chantilly (because they were much closer to me and their dealership is new) but they dropped the ball in my opinion. The Internet Sales Manager was very good with emailing in the beginning but all of a sudden dropped off. With each email (at least 8-10 emails), I detailed what I wanted in the vehicle. Then when actually spoke with him, he vaguely knew what I wanted...and it took him forever to call me back. Actually, I talked to him yesterday at 12pm..said he'd get back to me right away, then called me back at 3pm (3 hrs later!)...then he said he had to check on availability and he'd call me right back...and I haven't heard from him since. AND, they offered ONLY $800 the MSRP.

Jim Coleman Infiniti was also good to deal with. But, Rosenthal beat their price by $300. Even though Rosenthal's dealership looks a bit dated and rough around the edges, I received the best price and they were straightforward. Their highly recommended by me.

I'm glad it's over and I finally have my QX56!