Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jikamjikam Member Posts: 13
    Congratulations. Did you also price '05? Just curious, if the '05 brakes are now fixed why you went for '06.
  • nomar69nomar69 Member Posts: 49
    Opted for the '06 mainly because it has 3rd ROW SPLIT BENCH SEATING vs solid bench on the '05. Also, the '06 has bluetooth tech, heated/auto folding/auto dimming side view mirrors with turn signal indicator as well as other improvements over the '05. The '06 is the 3rd generation of the QX so most, if not all, the kinks have been worked out.

If you want an '05, make sure it was manufactured AFTER MAY 2005. All brake problems supposedly were taken care of in all QXs/Armadas after that date. Dealers are giving pretty good discounts on the '05. You can expect to be offered around $49K for an '05 with an MSRP of $54K. You can probably get that a bit lower with some negotiations.
  • kaykay3kaykay3 Member Posts: 8
    Glad to hear you finally got yours! I am jealous! Mine was supposed to be here Sep. 22nd, but is delayed due to the hurricane I guess. I called yesterday to check on the status and have yet to get a call back. My deal works out to about $2000 off MSRP also. So your tt&l is only around $1500 total? I wish it was that in TX, our state tax is 6.25 for vehicles. Let me know how you like the 2006 and if there is anything that you don't like about it.
    Thanks! Believe me, the entire time I was driving home and until now, I'm still trying to get over the "buyer's remorse". This is the largest purchase, other than the purchase of my home, that I've ever made. I just don't believe I just wrote stroked out a check for the amount that I did. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Other than that, my wife and I love our "Q". It's a long way from our Accord and Civic. She has so much more room to handle our little girl (which is why we opted for the split bench 2nd row). No gripes about it (yet). In the last few days, the power liftgate has been especially useful (and cool!). Plus, the "Q" has turned some heads! Since there's not many QX56s out on the roads, there's the "uniqueness" factor.

The only thing(s) I have a complaint about is that some of the buttons (steering wheel buttons and sunroof/moonroof control buttons) are not backlit so finding them in the evening time takes some effort. The backup camera video image (when put in REVERSE) looks static-y in the evening. The "Q" is quiet but I can still here the big V8 engine especially when accelerating. I'm wondering now how much more quiet the Lexus GX470/LX470 is.

Our VA state car tax is 3.17%. Title and tags came to about $53. What I'm not looking forward to is paying the property tax next October..I'm sure it'll be more than $1000!!

Other than the above, I have no major problems with the car. Well, there is one more....I have to rearrange the garage to be able to keep our "Q" in it. It's a two car garage, but I'll probably only have room enough room for the Q.

Let me know how your purchase goes.
  • ray964ray964 Member Posts: 2
    Want to purchased a new QX 05 dealer is offering 46,340 for the 4 x 2 with the sunroof, dvd, and split bench. Is that a good deal? This is out in California and the tax is going to be around 3600 plus everything else it comes out to 50,900.
    It sounds like a pretty good deal considering the 4X4s are being offered at $49K.
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    I did it I went out and got the QX all be it used. It is a white 05 QX56 with 16000 mile on it. I ended up paying out the door from Enterprise Car Sales in California $39000 dollars give or take a few pennys. Options: 4x2 with Sun Roof, Nav, Cruise Control, Tow package. To bad I had to go back to work as soon as I bought it. i will keep you guys updated on my new joy. :)
    Just would like to add that that is with a down payment of course, tax & registration included.
  • dedomandedoman Member Posts: 24
    Was that with 4x4? or not? if it is.. that looks like a very good deal... I got a quote of 50K with same equip. and 4x4....Im thinking about it...
    It was not the 4x4 but they did have a gray 4x4 with the just about the same options. Check out enterprises website to see if you like the one they have. So far I am very happy I have taken the car to Infinity and it checks out fine.
  • landshark55landshark55 Member Posts: 3
    Hey nomar69. I'm in the chantilly area as well and was wondering if you have had any service work done yet at Infiniti of Chantilly? I don't like their $2500 deposit either, but I guess I'm stuck with it. Am in the process of ordering an 06, can't decide on 2nd row seating tho. Do you know if the bench has outboard heaters or not?
    I'm not in Chantilly but can answer part of your inquiry. The outboard seats in the second row "bench" are identical to the captains chairs that come with the console except they have the inside armrest removed. As such, the two outside seats of the bench are heated. The middle seat fits into the console space and is not heated. When not being used for seating, a portion of the back of the middle seat drops down for cupholders and also functions as an armrest...its actually more comfortable than the armrest on the captains chair version because it is a little further away from the seat making for a wider sitting position. I wouldn't put $2500 down unless, at a minimum, it was refundable in the event the car didn't come in equipped as promised by some date certain.
    landshark55:

I've had no work yet done on my 2006 QX56..I have only 1500 miles on it (I bought it with 27 miles on it). Have you tried other dealerships? When I was dealing with Chantilly Infiniti, they also told me they needed $2500 to place an order. But, why order when you can check online to see other dealers' inventory. Chantilly Infiniti drag their feet in my opinion. The dealership looks great inside and out...and the salespeople (internet dept.) are courteous but they don't work with you when it comes to pricing/negotiating. I would check out the guys at Rosenthal Infiniti at Tyson's Corner or even Jim Coleman in Bethesda, Md. After getting fed up with Chantilly, I called Rosenthal and told them what I wanted. They were able to locate the EXACT vehicle that I wanted at another dealership and got it on their lot a few hours later. They work fast! I also got 3 years free oil change!

Regarding 2nd row seating, I got the bench seating instead of the 2nd row captains chairs. The outboard seats ARE heated. I've got a wife and baby (and plan to have one more) and have the captains chairs would greatly limit my seating option. My wife loves having the 2nd row bench seats...there's so much more room to sit! So, if you have kids, I would highly recommend 2nd row bench...you wont regret it. I think having 2nd row captains chairs is a waste of space.

Good Luck at Chantilly Infiniti...you'll probably need it :-)
    jikam, thanks for info on the backseat. went back to dealer and pretty much decided to go with bench. Gives me more and easier cargo options.
    nomar69, thanks for reply as well. I don't remember color and options u chose. Would love to hook up sometime and see first hand....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,817
    Please don't put your e-mail address in your post... If you wish someone to e-mail you, then click on Preferences on the left side of the page, and then mark your e-mail as public.

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• baymigbaymig Member Posts: 1
    Hi...now that a few weeks have elapsed, how satisfied are you with your purchase of the '05 QX56? I am thinking of pulling the trigger myself, but am leary of the brake problems I keep reading about....please advise...Thanks..
    I love my QX. I had one issue with it there was a lot of shaking in the steering wheel. My dealer did a wheel alignment on it and it rides great now. As for the brakes my QX came with the brake upgrade. I wouldn't worry to much about the brake problem they have got that one licked. Plus the '04 & '05 have a 4 year 40000 mile warranty on the brakes so I am not worried. If you find a good deal on it do it. But all in all I am enjoying my new QX. I still have to get uses to the power. I have a heavy foot and it can get up to 90 plus real quick. :)
  • sands1sands1 Member Posts: 9
    I currently drive a Sequoia SUV. Do alot of driving about 30,000 miles per year.
    Also live in a hilly area where there can be alot of snow.

Would love to buy the m35 AWD but have concerns that won"t handle like SUV in the snow.

Any thoughts on the FX 35 or QX 56. Have a bad back so need something comfortable and reliable.
    I've got the 2006 QX56 (4WD). I love the roominess inside...loads of headroom and legroom!

The only gripes I have deal with some minor cosmetics and ride comfort. For a "luxury" vehicle, I expected a bit more of a smooth and comfortable ride. No problem on smooth roads and highways..but if you encounter some bumps (even small ones), you'll know it. I wish Infiniti had put more into the vibration damping in the vehicle. The tire pressure is where it's supposed to be (37 PSI) so that wouldn't be the problem. I'm curious to know how much more smooth the Lexus SUV's are, namely, the GX and LX 470 as compared to the QX56. Can anyone chime in regarding that?
    The tire pressure is supposed to be @35 psi, measured when cold. Try dropping down to 35 or even 34 and see if that helps. I find the ride to be very smooth. I tried posting this earlier...hopefully you won't get two responses from me.
    Thanks for the suggestion jikam! I'll try it today.
  • sassysadiesassysadie Member Posts: 2
    Looking at the QX56. Have the gas prices effected the sale price as well as the residual value of the QX56? I have always purchased, but looking at leasing this time. Any comments?
  • mlivelymlively Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a comparison. We have driven the Navigator for the past 6 years (loaded version). Drove the QX56 yesterday and found it to have more of a sporty ride than a luxury ride. The salesman noted that it must be the tire pressure. The Navigator is like driving on air. Anyone have any comments? Thanks in advance.
  • kemperkemper Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 QX56, purchased new in October 2004. I got the suv with the quad captains chairs in the second row. I now have three children and find it very inconvenient to have to use all three rows of seats for my family. There is almost no storage space behind the third row when it is up.

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert the captains chairs and install the optional (at no cost) second row bench? My dealer has been less than helpful with this request. Thanks!!
    They ought to be able to remove the inner armrests of the captains chairs (undo the bolt)and order you a middle seat to be installed in the same place as the console but not at "no cost".
    I have an 06' QX56 which I find to be very smooth driving. I don't yet have enough miles to know for sure but if it continues to treat me the way it has in these initial weeks, I will be a very happy customer. Brakes are good, engine is powerful, transmission is responsive, seats are comfortable, I've figured out the knobs (dual temp controls do work), intelligent cruise is very nice,etc, etc. The few things that I might change would not have led me to make a different purchase decision (things like no telescoping steering wheel, gas cap doesn't lock).You should check with nomar69 on the air pressure (see above).
    Please refer to my post above (Post #174). I've dropped the air tire pressure to 35psi as suggested by jikam but the result is the same. The suspension is just a bit too stiff for my taste but I can live with it. I've got a bit over 3K miles on it now (a bit over 2 months old). Anyone have any other suggestions on how to soften up the ride?? Every thing else about the vehicle is great...it's still a head turner!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,817
    Since this is a pricing discussion, you might find out a lot more about the vehicle, here:

Infiniti QX56

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ndared1ndared1 Member Posts: 21
    Pricing and buying experience with updates to residual value.
    Paid OTD Sept 2004 $53,740.23 loaded 4x4
    KBB today $40,350, Edmunds today $38,960 trade in values
    Mileage from dash (hasn't been reset since I bought car) 15.7 mpg (13,940 miles).
    Love the vehicle. Will buy another one in 2008.
    Buying experience was okay better than previous sales from GM dealers.
    There folks just the hard facts!
  • pubsmeisterpubsmeister Member Posts: 3
    looking at a 2006 QX. MSRP optioned out is 57,472 and the dealer is offering 54,850. This is better than Edmunds TMV but over 4% above invoice (which is 52,596). Any opinions about their offer?
    Since this is their offer (first offer, I presume), you can probably go lower with your counter-offer. The demand for these kinds of vehicles just isn't there so I'm betting they'll be willing to negotiate. Last time I was in an Infiniti dealership, there were over 10 on the lot...and half of those are '05s! Be patient, the end of the month (and end of year) is fast approaching..they'll see things your way before the new year. Good luck and let us know the results.
    pulled the trigger today. we got down to 54k even, with a decent interest rate for purchase, 5.24%. i think you're right, waiting to the end of the month might have shaved a few more bucks off, but for family reasons we need it now. now to see how we like it.
  • rviradiarviradia Member Posts: 44
    http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2005/12/14/worst-cars-2005-cx_dl_1215feat_ls.html-

"According to Consumer Reports, Infiniti's QX SUV is the least-reliable car on the market. It is 300% less reliable than the average car.

We really enjoy the $50,000 QX. It is extremely opulent and sophisticated, but remember a basic rule: The more complicated something is, the greater the number of things is that can go wrong. This is especially true for such an expensive guinea pig as the QX: It was not only an entirely new car when it went on sale in early 2004, but it was also the first Infiniti built in North America.

Ironing out the kinks in the QX's manufacture has not gone well for Infiniti, as the model is the least-reliable new car on the market."
    Congratulations! I paid 51,800 for my 2006 QX56 back at the end of September(no DVD and laser cruise control). I got financing thru Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 4.75% (5yrs). Its very easy to become a member. I opted for the bench 2nd row. The captain's chairs in the second row greatly limits seating options, in my opinion. We have an 8-month old girl and we plan to have another soon so seating was a big consideration. Did you opt for the bench 2nd row as well?

We like ours more and more everyday. Especially now with the snowy/icy roads.

Keep me informed on your progress with your "Q". Congrats again!
  • starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    I would suggest nobody buying this SUV. Look how unreliable it is. You would do better off buying a 7 year old Suburban with 100K miles.

So for the people who bought one is it actually running?
  • jtcz06jtcz06 Member Posts: 1
    I did weeks of research on the QX56 and decided to buy our 2006 last week(got 3,000 off sticker). Infiniti did not want to launch an all out recall for the brakes but did create a larger and thicker rotor that has fixed the problem. To date I love this truck. I have a 01 Denali also, the Infiniti is so much nicer to drive. My daily driver is an 04 corvette Z06, however I look for reasons to take the wifes QX anytime I can. :shades:
  • jbjorljbjorl Member Posts: 1
    I am pricing a 06 qx 56 you mentioned 50k can you give me that dealership info

Thanks
    it's been about a month now, no problems whatsoever. We went with the captain's chairs in row 2- with the center console removed the kids can walk directly to the third row without flipping seats (which is nice if you put the youngest ones car seats in the second row to easily buckle them in). Drove to DC today for shopping, it was a pleasure in our QX.
    I pulled the trigger earlier this week (Tuesday). Was waiting for vpp pricing. Had to go with black because Infinit has taken out ALL the colors (Blue,Jade, Kashmir). Anyway, got 1 fully loaded, all options including XM, put 200 miles on it and so far loving life! Nomar, you are right does not ride as smooth as my 5 yr old with 90k miles LX470 did, but has alot more room and will tow alot more as well.
  • gbrobbinsgbrobbins Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a brand new 2005 QX56 4X2 for $8000 off MSRP. The color choices were limited but definitely worth it.
  • dsteberdsteber Member Posts: 5
    I live in Louisiana, and found an 05 QX56 in Texas. Here is the features:
    EXT / INT COLOR

Silver Graphite with Willow Leather Interior

LUXURY FEATURES

Air Conditioning
    Rear A/C
    Dual Zone Electronic Climate Control System

Telescoping Steering Wheel
    Homelink System
    Steering Wheel Radio Controls
    Digital Information Center
    Cruise Control
    Tilt Steering Wheel
    Clock
    Tachometer
    Heated Seat
    Tinted Windows
    Navigation System

POWER EQUIPMENT

Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Locks
    Power Mirrors
    Power Driver's Seat
    Power Passenger Seat
    Memory Seat Position

SAFETY FEATURES

Security System
    Keyless Entry
    Anti-Lock Brakes
    Traction Control System
    Driver's Air Bag
    Passenger Air Bag
    Side Air Bags
    Fog Lights
    Intermittent Wipers
    Four Wheel Drive
    Xenon Headlights
    Rear Defogger
    Rear Wipers

INTERIOR

Wood Trim
    Leather Steering Wheel

AUDIO / VIDEO

Bose System
    AM/FM
    CD Player
    CD Changer
    DVD Player

OTHER FEATURES

Tow Package
    Running Boards
    Roof Rack
    Third Seat

NEVER TITLED!! Great Price!! Super Low Miles!! In This 2005 INFINITI QX56 Loaded with Leather, 6CD Bose Custom Sound, Navigation, Alloy Wheels, Heated/Memory Seats, Rear Park Assist, Xenon Headlights, Dual Zone Climate Control, DVD, TV, 3 Row, Reverse Camera!! This car was inspected by a Master ASE Technician, passing an extensive 121-Point Inspection. Oil and filter was changed. Brakes and tires are in good condition. Be sure to ask about Infiniti Certification to 100,000 miles!! Paint is in Good Condition SPECIAL INTERNET PRICING-reduced from $52,995 for internet buyers for quick sale!!!

It has 448 miles on it. I have them down to 45,850. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.
    That sounds like a good deal to me. But if you can get them down lower maybe by 1000 or more try it. Be sure to try to find you own financing.
  • monty2222monty2222 Member Posts: 48
    Just wondering. I like the styling but have been put off by the low reliability ratings.
  • robbase2robbase2 Member Posts: 1
    I'd appreciate feedback from anyone on whether or not this is a good deal on a lease of a new 2006 QX56 with DVD, sunroof, 12k miles per year:

MSRP: $56,572
    Sale Price: $53,572
    Monthly payment: $777.74 (residual 48%, money factor .0043)
    Due at signing: $1415.74 (first month, Bank fee of $550, tax fee of $49.50, 38.50 for new tags)

This dealer is also eating the last two payments of my 2003 M45 ($515.25 mo)which I leased from the same dealer.
  • brianz910brianz910 Member Posts: 2
    I just traded in my '04 Yukon for an '04 QX56. So far I love it although miss just a couple things like power folding mirrors and dimming driver mirror...also no place for spare change.

My question is for experiences with the heated seats. One thing I hated about the Yukon was the seat heater button was right beside the window button and costantly I was turning the seat heat on by accident. Within a few minutes you were getting very very warm and sure enough I would discover the heat button on. Now with the QX when I turn the heat on I really cant feel it? Is it just getting used to it compared to the fire seats in the Yukon or does it sound like I need to look at taking it to the dealer? Perhaps the Infiniti definition of heated seats is to simply take the chill off the leather??
  • lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Hey guys if anybody is even remotely interested in picking up a QX56, the time is now. I helped a friend get one last week for $44,500 plus TTL! I couldn't believe the price myself so I made the trip out there to be sure. It is an 4x2 06 model in Tungsten Pearl with Willow interior. The only option this beauty had was the Sunroof Package. MSRP was $52,900!
  • wantqx56wantqx56 Member Posts: 2
    Given the price that your friend was able to get, do you think that I should hold out or attempt to negotiate for a lower price on a 4X2 06 model in Silver Graphite (with black interior) at dealer price of $45,800? The only option is the Sunroof package. It does have the second row split bench seat which sounds like a rare configuration. Alternatively, another dealer is offering a demo model with almost 1000 miles on it, same colors, with DVD and tow package for $44,900 (that was his initial offer). Unfortunately, we saw the car before it was cleaned, and it was in pretty bad shape (although they could clean it well and the dealer offered to replace 2nd row captains seats that had imprints in leather from car seat). Let me know what you think is the better deal. Thanks!
  • lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Wantqx56,

Well this all depends on how soon you would like to park the QX56 in your drive. I would hold out BUT there is the possibility of losing out on the vehicle. 06 models are going to become a rare commodity soon and the giant rebate will disappear when those models are gone. There is a $1300.00 gap here. To make myself feel better, I would see if your salesperson is even willing to split this with you. The 2nd row bench is rare in my city so that might be worth the money to you to pick it up today. BOTTOMLINE- I would tell him I was offered a lower number like $44,800 or something and see what happens. Doesn't hurt to try when you're saving money. Good LUCK!

Chris
  • wantqx56wantqx56 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. The negotiation continues. We found another dealer who was able to offer same vehicle, only with 2nd row captain seats, for $500 less. There possibly is yet another dealer offering same vehicle, with captain's seat, and with a DVD player for $45,500. I think that would be worth it, given that it's a $1500 add-on. I'll let you know how it turns out, but now is the time to get a good deal on these vehicles.
  • schkabschkab Member Posts: 4
    Hi...we're about to lease a 2006 Infiniti QX56 (with DVD)--

here's terms:

$617/month (including tax/title)
    39 months
    15K miles
    trade in worth approx. $3000K

Is it a good deal???? Deal is to finalize tomorrow....

Thanks.