Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Vehicles are rolling into the dealerships - Infiniti plants were down for about 6 weeks due to the earthquake, but got going in May...those vehicles built in May are starting to hit the lots. So, you should see the prices come down a bit. :)
  • muzamuza Member Posts: 5
    Infiniti announced last week availability of 2012 QX56, starting August.
    Arrival of 2012 models is going to drive prices of 2011 models down by several thousand dollars. Please hold back your purchases by a few weeks and you will be glad. Already infiniti sales are down by 30% for the month of June.
  • muzamuza Member Posts: 5
    2012 Infiniti QX – Enhancements include the addition of Blind Spot Intervention™ to the Technology Package, the addition of the Bose® Cabin Surround® sound system with 15 speakers (two additional for 2012) to the Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of heated second row seats and remote tip-up second row seats to the Theater Package (from the Deluxe Touring Package) and the addition of headlight washers to QX56 2WD models with Deluxe Touring Package. The 22-inch Wheel Package (introduced in late 2011) carries over to 2012. Available August2011
  • calalum01calalum01 Member Posts: 6
    Can someone advise if I'd be better off waiting for 2011 year end pricing in August or going for my employer's VPP discount for either the 2011 or 2012 model year??? What's my best deal of these 3 options?
  • mikesmithtx644mikesmithtx644 Member Posts: 13
    For what it's worth... Down here in TX the QX seems to move, so you are rolling the dice in the hopes there is some sort of incentive to buy the 2011. I'd been watching the VPP prices for a while before I bought and most of the time it seemed Infinity didn't apply the VPP to the new models land then I found you were hit and miss with the dealers even accepting the VPP. They would accept the VPP on the deluxe package QX's down here, so I bought out of Tulsa (great experience with Jackie Cooper Imports).

I would bet there isn't much of a change for the 2012, but you risk having to wait 6-8 months before VPP is even offered on the 2012. I'd jump on the 2011 if I were you.
    All the dealerships in my area are accepting VPP. I got an offer at invoice $63,064 (MSRP: $68,720) from a dealership for a 4wd with the following:

Roof Rail Crossbar
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Illuminated Kick
    Cargo mat/net/fir
    Split Bench Seat
    Theater Package
    22" Wheel Package

Think I can do any better if I wait until August?
  • sundevil_azsundevil_az Member Posts: 1
    Any chance you can send me copy of invoice so I can use as a bargaining chip?
    No - nothing is better than VPP! If Infiniti came out with some dealer cash in to add to the VPP that would be awesome, but they did not. I don't think they will (maybe when the 2012 come out, they will give something to help move the 2011 that are left).

PS Most dealers will accept VPP on everything in stock but IPL, Hybrids, and Deluxe Package QX.
  • hellousahellousa Member Posts: 6
    I'm also ready to buy QX56 with Deluxe package through VPP pricing but looking at the sewellgsm comment no one is doing VPP on deluxe it seems.

I'm shopping around and will post who it goes.
    Jackie cooper imports in Tulsa will do it and they will deliver it to you. It was a great experience for us.
    Most dealers will do VPP on all QX now. The supply has caught up with demand (finally) on the QX. Dealers are now wheeling and dealing for the most part.

Infiniti still hasn't given any rebates or dealer cash, but I think that is coming...they are giving 1.9% for up to 66 months.

The Deluxe pkg is still hard to get - especially on a 2011. When the 2012's start coming I think you will see many more with the Deluxe pkg.
  • hellousahellousa Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reply Mike .

Are you in oklahoma or purchased from different state. I'm in oregon and my local deler is not willing to do VPP on deluxe touring.
  • funky977funky977 Member Posts: 1
    I am a newbie to the Infiniti brand and have narrowed my SUV search down to the GL450 and the QX56. I have read numerous posts about the VPP and I am wondering if it is remotely possible to get a VPP number because the website says family and friends. I don't have family with VPP so I am hoping I can make friends.

Anyways, I have been looking at the QX56 with the theater package and 22" wheel addition. I was quoted $1700 off MSRP which I took as "they didn't take my seriously". I figure I should be able to get ~$4000 off especially since the 2012s are arriving soon.

Any help on understanding the VPP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt
    You'll have to know someone who works for Nissan/Infiniti pretty well since they have to generate the VPP code from their employee account.
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    I cant speak to availability of VPP on the vehicle you mentioned, but my local dealer indicated employees of vendors with Infiniti/Nissani can qualify for VPP. I am retired from an oil company who is on the list so cant qualify now but would have as an employee.

I have a QX56 2011 with all three packages. Honestly, its the best vehicle I have owned including 14 Lexus's/Infiniti's (primarily LS and Q45 models and a 2006 M45 S. Handles, rides, turns and runs like a luxury vehicle and fit and finish and interior are top notch. I love the exterior as well its unique and radically in someways but the design works in my eyes.
    I'm not positive that you can just walk in with a VPP number without being the actual employee or in some cases a "business partner" of Nissan. I just purchased a QX with Theater pkg and 22" wheels plus several other optional features this past weekend with the VPP discount since my husband's employer is a business partner. The dealership required proof of employment (e.g. business card) to honor the pricing.

As of last week, Nissan brought all their VPP discount plans A-D to the same discount pricing as direct employees. Essentially, we purchased the vehicle at 10% off MSRP. Good luck!
  • rmontalvormontalvo Member Posts: 1
    I am in Orlando,Fl. I tried to deal with my local dealer, nice people, but they made it really hard, things must be going really good for them. I ended up in Tampa Infiniti and they are selling the same car to me @ invoice and they don't even have the car, had to get it from another dealer. We will see if I can close the deal soon. Buying the car in Orlando would have cost me about 1k more. I guess I will be using Orlando Infiniti for service only.
    In Texas, the QX has been on fire - they sold for list for months, then minimal discounts....but as the laws of economics came into play - Infiniti started shipping tons of QXs down here...recently the supply surpassed the demand - with the 2012's looming...now the dealers are taking $3000 off along with the 1.9% - that seems to be moving the vehicles.

The Deluxe package is still very rare...dealers probably asking for more on those.

PS Pricing just announced on 2012 - overall the price is about the same. Same MSRP on the base unit. The Theater Pkg is about $500 more (but picked up heated seats in the 2nd row of seats), the Deluxe package is $500 less since the heated seats is no longer in that package.

Like someone else said - the only way to get a VPP number is to work at the right company or know someone really well who works at Nissan/Infiniti - they can give out a few per year, so they save most of those for family or close friends.
  • maw262maw262 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2011 QX56 4 wheel drive with DVD package. List price on the truck is $66k and I am receiving dealer quotes between $58.5K - $63K. Any idea how low a dealer can price a QX 56? I am planning to email the dealers who provided me the lowest offer and get their absolute lowest offer before I purchase. The three lowest are all right at the $58.5 range. How much lower should I expect? Thanks!
    How scarce are new QX56's with both the delux touring and technology packages and what is the going price for new ones of either year?
    Couple of items factor in. Is the MSRP $66k or just the dealer asking price.

If it is the MSRP, then they bought the vehicle for around $61k, to sell it for less than what they bought it for would be pretty bad business for them (unless they were going to rip you off on your trade, or they have a QX that was wrecked or had hail damage, etc.) If the deal is too good to be true, then something is up. I would give them $61k for every QX they have, they would just need to call us - so why sell it for less??

Now, if the MSRP is lower and they are asking $66k because they added a pin stripe and tint and some Nitro and other BS - I can't really help you until you find out the MSRP.

Word of advice - the lowest price is NOT always the best deal - consider the whole deal - the trade in price, equipment, finance or lease rates, fees, service, etc. Generally speaking, the dealers who have to give the cheapest price to get people to come see them are the worst dealers - that is why no one goes there; therefore, they have to quote super prices - then once there try to make it up somewhere else. :)
    Very scarce for 2011 - if you find one - expect only a couple of grand off along with the 1.9%.

The 2012 will be much more available (but that will still only be about 1 out of every 10 QX56). This MSRP will be the same as 2011 :) but not sure if there will be any special rates and the dealers probably won't discount as much till around Jan.

This is just my opinion - but some of the dealers will do anything to sell a vehicle - so you never know. :D
  • maw262maw262 Member Posts: 2
    I am not trading in a vehicle and will not be leasing or financing the vehicle. $66k is the MSRP. I would say that their is a lot of availability. Most of the dealers had 10 or more in stock according to the Infinity website. Every dealer was able to offer the vehicle I chose in multiple colors.

For reference I emailed every dealer in VA, MD, DE, and Northern NC. Infiniti of Chantilly and Bethesda both came in at $58.5k. The Bethesda location did not include destination fees.
  • carshopper68carshopper68 Member Posts: 1
    This is also the car I have been shopping, (AWD with theater and few small misc options total is $66,160 msrp) and the best price I have been quoted is $1500 above invoice (I don't have access to vpp), which still puts my cost above $62k. I am really wondering if i am paying too much if you are getting for $58.5k. I don't understand how they can sell for that. Is that car a demo? I asked my salesman if there was a dealer holdback or incentive on this car and he said no, but I don't know. any info appreciated. thanks.
    your deal sounds reasonable to me. I used the VPP and got around $4k off.
    Your deal is good, there is a 1.9% incentive on the vehicle, but no money. We do get holdback on all vehicles, but there is no "dealer cash" on a QX.

To discount a vehicle $7500 does not make sense; even if the customer was VPP - that would be about $60k on a $66k QX. If anyone is selling them for $58.5 - they won't have a job much longer ;)

The 2012 are coming mid-Sept - should get interesting to see what dealers offer the 2011 for then...
  • diamond1029diamond1029 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal, or if we should keep shopping around...

2012 QX 4wd w/theater & deluxe touring & split bench packages & illuminated kick-plates-MSRP $$72,655, dealer came in at $67,096.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.
    $5600 off is a great deal.
  • theta2theta2 Member Posts: 3
    was just at a dealer in Houston, they said all their 2011s were 4,000 off and 2012s were 2,000 off MSRP. Seems like you could get another 1,000-2,000 off that especially the 2011s. I was surprised the 2012s were already discounted.
  • texasdoc1texasdoc1 Member Posts: 2
    It seems discounts are becoming more plentiful. In Austin there are quite a few 2012 QX56 vehicles on the lot and several more arriving daily. The San Antonio dealer is already offering over $6,000 off at least one 2012 vehicle. I wonder if there is any support from Infiniti coming into play? If nothing else, the seemingly plentiful supply of vehicles should work to the buyer's advantage.
  • theta2theta2 Member Posts: 3
    texasdoc - I see. They have several with 6,000 off and one with over 8,000 off.
  • texasdoc1texasdoc1 Member Posts: 2
    I am working a deal on a 2012 Infiniti QX56 2wd with deluxe touring, theater, tire and wheel, stainless bumper protector, carpeted cargo mat, with MSRP of $69,500. The offer is for a selling price of $63,267, which is $6,033 below MSRP and $519 below invoice. Obviously this appears to be a great deal. There MUST be some incentive from Infiniti in play here--a different dealer was advertising over $8,000 off one vehicle (since sold). Is this as good as it's going to get? Should I wait until after November 1 and see if any more incentives are available?

There is no need to purchase the vehicle immediately, so I would be fine with waiting. My main fear is that if additional incentives arrive to push selling prices down even more, the resale values will suffer. I see large numbers of QX56s available at dealerships in Texas and many more on the way, based on inventory searches on the Infiniti website.

Any thoughts/comments?
    Consumers finally has enough data to rank the QX tops in reliability. This matches my experience and supports my belief this is the best SUV on the road today. I see a lot of the new QX vehicles on the road in TX but they are backing up some in inventory too recently from an eye ball count - so deals may be around finally. Great vehicle I highly recommend it
    Many businesses are looking for SUV over 6000 lbs to buy and the QX is one of them!

If you can find a 2011 - Infiniti has 1.9% up to 66 months & 2.9% for 72 months AND $1000 dealer cash...so you should be able to buy one for invoice!

On the 2012, they have 1.9% for 36 months and 2.9% for 72 months but no money, so depending on equipment you should be able to get $2-$4k off MSRP. :)
  • shepherdeeshepherdee Member Posts: 1
    I am living in Austin. But I don't mind shopping at Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. We love this vehicle but we have no pressure to replace it now. Should we wait for 6 months? From this forum, Infiniti gave lots of discount before and someone even got price >$10k below MSRP.

By the way, had anyone here bought Infiniti QX56 recently?
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I posted on the leasing forum as there is no activity here. Anyone buying or getting offers though in Texas?
  • okbuckokbuck Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2012 4WD w/theater, roof rails, etc. from a Dallas dealer for $61,980 (MSRP $67,025). Two other dealers (TX and OK) came within $800 but wouldn't match or beat so I felt this was a good deal
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I ended up with one in Austin. The color was hard to come by. I got the theater package, lighted step plates, cargo package, stainless steel step plate. It stickered for 63,495 which was before the 500.00 price increase. I got it for 59340 I think it was. That was around 4,155 off plus it didn't include the 500 price increase of course. The others I looked at were 500 higher due to the price increase on them in January. It had under 20 miles on it. I love it.

I would have even gotten a 4wd but really didn't need that. You got 5,045 off which is great really. The others I looked at were 500 higher due to the price increase and so I feel really it was like me getting 4,655 off as I have to look at it that way. It was close enough though in the scheme of things and they treated me right. In Dallas they had told me about a grey 4 wheel drive but they offered me 1,000 tops less for my trade in. They said even if it was perfect they would give me 9,000. In Austin I got 10,000 and it was a steal at that for them as I know it will sell for 14 to 15,000 retail. They also sold it quick. I mean to offer 9,000 for a vehicle that would sell for right at 15k was an insult to me. Even 10k was low but that was full trade in value for outstanding condition. You can't have it all. I could have sold it for more but you lose the tax thing plus I use it for business so have a recapture so trading was just easier and made more sense to save a lot of hassle.

They for sure did you right on price up there. I see on the Austin website now something they didn't have before. Now there are several that are marked down and one white one is marked down 6,800. It is white, 4 wheel drive, theater package, deluxe touring package, Tire and wheel package, lighted kick plates, cargo package, Roof rail crossbars, Stainless steel step bumper plate. It stickers for 73,320 and they have it priced down to 66,522. That was more than I would want to spend and I didn't want white and I didn't want the tan interior. I think it is pretty but not what I was wanting. I also didn't want the 22" wheels. To me paying over4,000 for wheels on a vehicle doesn't make sense. The standard ones are 20" and beautiful. Plus the ride is better even if slightly better. I mean the vehicle comes with wheels and tires. You upgrade for 2,300 which means you are paying that over and above what the standard ones cost which probably is over 2,000 easily. So nah didn't make sense.

Congrats on the new purchase. I think you did great.
  • fsmwsfsmws Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if there are any dealer incentives on 2011 QX's? I was looking at '12. The dealer had a 2011 leftover but it wasn't eligible for a lease.
    edited May 2012
    There are not any incentives on any 2011 Infiniti. Infiniti gave the dealers $1000 for every QX they had left in stock...so if they sell you one for $1000 below invoice they are breaking even....I'm surprised any dealers have any 2011 left.
  • alonzov1alonzov1 Member Posts: 7
    Got one at the end of May. MSRP $63,140, paid $57599. Great experience with one of the San Diego dealers. Loving it so far!.
    The QX has never had too many incentives from Infiniti, but that added one for July.

$1000 dealer cash if you purchase plus
    $750 more if you purchase and you finance through IFS...

IFS has great rates, similar to any credit union or the other big banks. So, $1750 total...most we've seen on this new body style! :)
  • ongtroiongtroi Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Don't listen to this guy. I bought it last year (2011 model) at around the same time frame (August 3rd) and got it for $4800 less than the listed price. He is the dealer and posted here the same thing last year.

btw, I bought it in Houston and had the same 1.9% interest rate
  • jjawjjaw Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    Just wondering what deals are being offered on the 2012.

Looking at a new 2012 Qx56 Liquid Platinum 4wd:
    Theater Package, Tire and Wheel Package, Illuminated Kick Plates, Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector, Carpeted Cargo Mat/Cargo Net & First Aid Kit, 50State Emissions.

Retail $68895.00 + $199 admin
    Dealers first proposal $64120.50
  • ymerymer Member Posts: 1
    If you are going 4x4, they currently have $3K cash, plus there is $1K dealer cash and another $750 if you finance with IFS.

Just bought 2012 4x4 white/wheat with theater package, illuminated door sill and rear bumper protector. MSRP $67,095 Purchased $57,374!

This is in the DFW Market
  • wolfpack152wolfpack152 Member Posts: 2
    Any idea what the actual Factory and Dealer invoice are? 10,000 off sounds great. I am also dealing in Texas (Houston Area).
    That's a great deal. What dealer?
    Was this out the door price (not including sales tax) or were there additional fees on top of the $57374?
  • bluefranky222bluefranky222 Member Posts: 4
    I have not seen much activity on this post. Any body have any updates on prices paid? I found our local dealer offering 6500 off of MSRP. Not sure if this is a good deal or not but wanted to ask folks here if you have seen anything better
    Lots of changes from August. No more special rates...1.9%, etc. this is not that big a deal since most folks can get a great rate from IFS or their own bank or credit union anyway.

$1000 dealer cash on all QX.
    $1000 more dealer cash IF you finance (not lease) with IFS

Here is the tricky part...in Texas (maybe other regions too) Infiniti has way too many QX56 in stock, so they have given the dealers certificates worth $500 each. It is up to the dealer how to ration them out, every dealer got a different amount depending on how many QX's they normally sell.

A dealer CAN give up to 6 ($3000) to a customer - MOST dealers will give one or two to have them throughout the month...we will give all 6 to someone buying a demo to help us move those. So, unlike most months - you can probably get a better deal NOW then the end of the month, because once a dealer runs out of certificates they are out! These can be used with a lease or purchase.

So, technically - a customer could get up to $5000 off before the dealer discounts the QX...most will take $4000 off themselves for a total of $9000 off!!! But remember - I don't know if all regions have this...so expect about $6000-$7000 off and if you live in Texas and go now before they run out...you might get even more...buy a demo from us, finance with IFS and we will give $9k off - not speaking for all Texas dealers.

So, I expect to see all kinds of numbers on this forum depending on where you live.

PS I hate certificates...to me it is NOT fair, but at least you guys reading the post are "in the know".... :D