Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    It is normal that it sounds like a diesel. Many publications have also stated the same thing about the engine sound
  • philliniphillini Member Posts: 5
    For those wondering about what the BMW Drive Event consists of, I wanted to share my experience that occurred on June 23, 2012 at BMW of Peoria. We arrived at the event a little early and proceeded to the registration area. Check-in was an extremely easy, fast and painless experience. Any driver has to provide a valid drivers license. Even though we were early, the car we registered to drive was available so we started the drive almost immediately after we arrived. They provided us with directions for a course with some different roads that was fairly scenic and my wife and I drove without any BMW staff in the vehicle. The course was about 17 miles and took about 25 minutes.

I had already driven a BMW X3, but this was a nice reminder of what the vehicle was capable of. When we returned they handed us an iPad and asked us to answer some questions. They were easy, I gave them the most positive marks on every one and that process was over in about 2 minutes. We got a gift bag with a hat and some coupons and were told that we would receive our $1,000 purchase voucher in the mail in less than a week.

The language in the email states "Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance." I assumed this excluded cars already in the dealer inventory, but was told by the event staff and employees from that dealership that this was the case. You just can't apply the discount to a vehicle you already purchased or ordered.

You also had the opportunity to meet an Olympic athlete in attendance, but we were in a hurry and didn't bother. I would certainly recommend the event to anyone who is considering a BMW that they intend to purchase by October 31, 2012.
    I assumed this excluded cars already in the dealer inventory, but was told by the event staff and employees from that dealership that this was NOT the case. You just can't apply the discount to a vehicle you already purchased or ordered.
  • casccasc Member Posts: 1
    I too had my X3 M for 3 weeks and it started having to go in for loud engine and then throwing codes. They too tried to tell me that it was normal...so how come it didn't sound like this when I first got it?? Then it thew a chassis code which they pawned off on to a battery drain (it's a new battery,..really) back in. Then it threw an emissions code. Suddenly they agreed the X had a vacuum leak somewhere but it would take a 10K tool to diagnosis it. Then 2 days later suddenly it was just a computer glitch. Do I look stupid??
    I think BMW's pat answer is tell the customer that its normal and maybe they will go away. Current my X has been in the dealership more than I have had it at home and Corporate is involved. :mad:
  • mikereynomikereyno Member Posts: 8
    Does the certificate for $1000 need to be used at the dealership where the drive was made or can it be used anywhere?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    I think you can use it at any BMW dealer...

BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on all new 2012 and 2013 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Drive for Team USA event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2012 through October 31, 2012 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models except 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans. The allowance on 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans is valid until January 2, 2013. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW Center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You can use it at any dealer. I drove two hours to an event because it was on the weekend, then just used it yesterday at my local BMW dealer to order a vehicle.
  • rshe8958rshe8958 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone used a discount leasing broker before? I've contacted 2 and received the same monthly lease price - $610. My local dealer tells me he can't touch that price, he comes in at $670.

2013 X3 2.8, silver, beige interior
    prem pkg.
    conv. pkg
    cold weather pkg.

36 mo/10K miles, $0 down, 1st month, tags, dealer fee, reg up front. Tax included in monthly payment (6.35%)
  • johnva1johnva1 Member Posts: 1
    Here is the price I paid for the 2013 X3 28i.

Features
    Alpine White, Beige Leatherette, Convenience package, Cold weather package.

Invoice price (from Costcoauto) - $38,135
    Price quoted by dealer - $38,185 ($50 over invoice - no training fee or other gimmicks)
    BMW drive for USA discount - $1000
    Final price - $37,185

Documentation fee - $200
    Tags for 2 years (VA) - $147
    Tax (VA - 3%) - $1115

Total - $38,653
    edited July 2012
    My wife's lease on another brand SUV is running out in September and she wanted to "buy" her next vehicle and decided on the X3. I have owned a 525 for a number of years and that loyalty helped in the deal. We negotiated and placed an order last night on the following:

2013 x28i
    Vermillion Red Metallic
    Sand Beige Nevada Leather
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Comfort Access keyless entry
    Roof Rails in Aluminum Satin
    Destination

MSRP - $45,795
    Edmunds TMV for here in central NJ - $44,446
    Invoice listed on Edmunds site - $42,140

took advantage of:
    $1000 BMW Drive USA
    $750 Loyalty rebate

Total $42,000+ttl
    Total off MSRP - 8.3%
    :)
    I was actually able to qualify for the $300 towards first payment by getting the ultimate driving machine app, so in effect reducing price another $300.
  • coachglenncoachglenn Member Posts: 1
    Hi gauravgulati,

I'm also in Green Bay and just looking for some contact info (better yet an introduction) to the salesmen you used in Appleton. Sounds like you did your homework and then used the internet to get a few "Best offer" quotes. Followed by running those quotes past the appleton dealer to see if they would match? I bet you just felt more comfortable dealing with a dealer closer to GB. I kind of feel that way myself. I'm just starting to look and research but would like to know who you finally used down there. Wondering if there is a way on this forum to talk directly? New to this site & forum.

Thanks for your help!
  • tom7716tom7716 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Hi guys,

My parents are in the market for a brand NEW BMW X3 2013. After doing some research, I would like to ask board for the opinion.

Here is what they are looking at
    BMW X3 28i 2013
    Vermilion Red Metallic
    Oyster Nevada Leather
    with Cold Weather package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Technology Package

MSRP $48,795
    Dealer offered this car for $44,583 which includes $1000 BMW Olympic event coupon
    This does not include the doc fee and all other charges such as DMV and tax.

Is this a good deal? Thank you for everyone's help.
  • rshe8958rshe8958 Member Posts: 4
    Just ordered an X3 2.8 to lease.

Prem Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Conv. pkg, bluetooth,
    Titanium silver, black leather
    36 mo/12K MSRP $46K
    Taking advantage of owner loyalty & BMW Drive event rebates $1750

$0 down, just paid for upfront costs incl 1st payment, tags, titles etc. for about $1700.

Monthly payment is $579 includes state sales tax.

Very pleased with the deal especially because it was a custom build order!! Should take 4-6 weeks.
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Member Posts: 15
    Hi there!

You mentioned MSRP but didn't say what the "purchase price" was... was it $46K - $1750 for a "purchase price" of $4250?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Does anyone know if current MINI ownership qualifies for BMW loyalty rebates?

If not does BMW do conquest rebates?

Seems my dealerships are tight lipped on this...
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    sounds like a good deal. Do you know what money factor they used for your lease? thanks.
    The "Loyalty" as it was explained and given to me was based on prior financing going through BMW Financial . So if your lease or financing for the Mini was through BMW you should be eligible
  • pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    I'm getting an offer for MSRP $42,845 with selling price of $40,285, which includes the $750.00 loyalty. Making it with .00145 MF, $513.00 per mo plus tax and 59% residual. Looks like $200.00 down and total due at drive off for California being around $1,800.00.

Looking for a national subsidization of package discount, but it may not happen any time soon.
  • pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    Is it me or for California the nearest dealers are in Utah and in Naperville, IL?
  • netizennetizen Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dan12,

Can you please share your price from Monterey?
    Thanks!
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    It may be too late, but did you consider picking up your X3 at the Performance Delivery Center? We custom ordered an X5 and are picking it up September 5. Looks to be a very enjoyable and interesting experience that we will be turning into a mini 3 day vacation.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    I apologise for posting X1 question here, as there are no active posts there. Just wondering if I can we use $1000 Drive for Team USA Discount for X1.
    You should be fine using it for an X1...

In case you are interested, here is the fine print:

* Offer Code 1 can be used towards purchase of MY12 or MY13 models excluding MY13 3 Series xDrive Sedans. Offer Code 2 can be used towards purchase of MY13 328i xDrive Sedan or MY13 335i xDrive Sedan. BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on all new 2012 and 2013 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Drive for Team USA event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2012 through October 31, 2012 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models except 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans. The allowance on 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans is valid until January 2, 2013. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW Center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.
  • prashuprashu Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Just bought a 2013 BMW X3 28i with MSRP of $41,095 for $38,365 +400 ad fee +180 training fee + 455 doc fee +TLL. Total OTD was $43,700. The only addition was leather and satin rails.

Is this good deal if not great.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Correction

MSRP: $41,095 (base+leather+satin rails+destination fee)
    Invoice: $38,465 (includes +$400 ad fee, +$180 training fee)
    Paid: $38,365 + TTL

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for your response.
  • jeffreyfujeffreyfu Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    I think it is a good deal. Generally, $500-$1000 above invoice is good deal. But if you have many dealership in your city, you can get great deal by making counter-offers from multiple dealerships. Also, there are many incentives available to further lower your cost(Team USA, BMWCCA, Loyal Cash, USAA, College Grad...etc)
    For me,
    MSRP: $41,245(Space Gray, convenience and dest)
    Invoice: $38,580(includes $400 MACO/ad fee + $180 training fee).
    Dealer Offer: $38680.
    Paid: 36930 + TTL(using Drive for Team USA($1000) and Loyalty Cash($750) to lower the cost)
    Jeff, thanks for your response.

I knew about the Team USA drive event but at that time I was not thinking of buying one this year so didn't care (my fault) and don't own any BMW currently so could not use Loyalty Cash nor BMWCCA discounts. However, I was told by the dealer that to get USAA discount I need to have USAA car insurance.
    You may not be eligible for a USAA auto insurance if you not an active duty or ex-military person. But you are eligible for all other insurances which they offer. I tried it but not successful.
    @Kohinoor: You are correct. I tried getting home owners insurance few months ago and I could not.

The only issue with vehicle is that I got "Low Tire" warning day after I bought the vehicle. May be it just needs air or have a flat tire.

I have also purchased 5-year tire warranty for $900 and ceramic window tint (digicut) for $379. The doc fee was not negotiable at $479.

The whole buying process was quick and good at BMW North Scottsdale, AZ.
    @Jeff: Is the Conquest Cash still available?
    Is there anyway to select Tech Pkg only (without Premium Pkg). Please let me know if anyone is able to select Technology Package with Leather.
  • awu0419awu0419 Member Posts: 8
    Where and how can I receive the Drive for Team USA $1000 incentive? I signed up in BMW website but the testing center is somewhere in NY which is 500+ miles away. Is there a better way to get that $1000 incentive?
    Where did you go for the 1000 BMW drive team USA? I signed up but it is so far away......
  • amoebaamoeba Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.
    X3 2.8 + sport,cold weather,premium,convenience

MSRP: 45,995
    Invoice: 42,900 (includes 400 MACO)
    Purchase price: 42,500 (400 below invoice)

Rebates:
    Drive team USA: 1,000
    Loyalty cash: 750
    BMWCCA: 500
    Total additional discounts: 2,250

Final (12.5% off MSRP)
    Drive for Team USA codes are not transferable..

(plus, we don't allow e-mail addresses in the forums)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alexx3alexx3 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    Learnt a lot from this forum. Signed up to contribute another price data point.

Just ordered: 2013 BMW X3 28i
    Packages: Technology, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium
    MSRP: $48,595
    Selling price: $44,500
    Invoice: Edmunds $44,685 (plus $180 training, $400 MACO) = $45,265
    Rebate: -$1,000 College Graduate program
    Final price: $43,500

Great discount over invoice. Had to face off dealers to bring the price down. Not a current BMW owner (no loyalty $750), nor a BMWCA member (No $500 cash back). Would have been really sweet, but very happy with the current price. 3 yr 10k lease came out to $516/month $3,087 due at delivery for taxes, 1st pmt and registration etc (no additional cash down). Waiting impatiently for the car to be built :)
  • chuppapazchuppapaz Member Posts: 2
    2013 BMW X3 35i
    Alpine white
    Premium package, parking distance control, rear view camera
    MSRP: $48,595
    Final selling price: $45,672
    A 35i model under $50K.. didn't see any of those at my dealer...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sender1sender1 Member Posts: 43
    Can I use the $1000 credit if I order a car by 10/31? Searching the web, and BMW forums some say that you need to take delivery by 10/31, others say it can be ordered by that date. If I need a car to be built, taking delivery by that date may be tight. I read the fine print on the email I was sent and it said nothing about delivery, just purchase by that date.
    The sticking point is usually.... you can't finalize a purchase until there is a VIN number and the dealer has possession...

You could always finalize a deal (today?), get your order in.... and then if it doesn't show up by 10/31, walk away..

Since they make them in SC, you have a pretty good chance, as long as your dealer has an allocation... they could probably adjust options on one that is just starting production (if you have a savvy CA)..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jym3jym3 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Just bought: 2013 BMW X3 28i
    Packages: Technology, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, BMW APPS, Satin Roof Rails
    MSRP: $48,545
    OTD Price: $47,037 (used $1,000 College Graduate Program rebate, tax rate 6.25%+ttl)
  • kforguekforgue Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my X3 in 2012. I started having a problem where the trunk was not automatically popping up, I had to pull it manually.

The problem: a small freeze pop, 4 oz, leaked on the cargo area. It apparently caused some computer part to break. They wanted to charge me 750 to repair. However I argued that no small amount of liquid spilled in a trunk area should cause such damage.
    They waived the bill, but I had to buy their Cargo Mat and have them install for $100.
    Moral of the story, protect the area with a Cargo Matt--save yourself from the problem, If anyone puts groceries or coolers in the trunk you will want to consider spending the money on the matt. Something will spill eventually, maybe even enough rain----? who knows. :D
  • kantuckidkantuckid Member Posts: 4
    You are being given bad info. A 4oz popsicle did not make your tailgate inoperative. Worked on cars/MC's for many years as a pro.You need another dealer.
  • wnofearwwnofearw Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    hello,
    i'm just returning from a dealer and have these numbers. Please let me know if its a good deal as I *might* be picking it up in 5 days.
    X3 2.8 space gray, Cold weather pkg, tech pkg, premium pkg. 36month, 12K year.
    MSRP: $47895
    Selling: $44530
    $1000 rebate.
    DMV, first month, and bank fee($725) down payment out the door: $1815
    $570 a month

I can still back out if not a good deal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.
    did you ask the invoice price?
    and the money factor?
  • wnofearwwnofearw Member Posts: 5
    Hi. Do not get the invoice, I don't think. I took a screen shot of the compute screen where they input all the data. Rate is .00125, residual is .58.
    On that screen is where I jotted down all info(msrp $47895, price $44530)
  • first_timer2first_timer2 Member Posts: 5
    I have a first offer from my dealer for a 2013 BMW x3 2.8 with premium/cold weather/tech packages for $46,109. How should I counter?
    I would work from their Invoice price and maybe 300 -500 over total Invoice. That is how I got my deal.