Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• first_timer2first_timer2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks! I ended up at $45,700. Probably could've gotten it a little lower, but they had to search to find one with the exact color/packages I wanted. I know that hurts negotiating power.
  • awu0419awu0419 Member Posts: 8
    If you are in a hurry for a vehicle ....there isn't much can be done. If not, you can order one from scratch and wait for 6-8 wks. Good Luck!
  • smurfette80smurfette80 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking into purchasing my first BMW with the following:

2013 BMW X3 28i
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Oyster Nevada Leather
    Silver Matte Trim
    Panoramic Moonroof
    Rear View Camera

I started to email local dealers and so far the best price I've received is:
    MSRP for this vehicle is $39,995. The selling price would be in the $37,125 range

Is this a good deal? I just sold my car so I won't be trading in.

Many thanks!
  • mg198mg198 Member Posts: 2
    Building the car out as you described, it looks like the MSRP would be $39,633, with an invoice on that car looks like it's around $38,500 as per Edmunds, so that looks like a great deal, apparently over a $1000 under invoice..
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    I honeslty do not know where did you get MSRP for that config for 39,995 ?

I just built it on bmwusa.com and this is what I get:

BASE MSRP $38,500
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic $550
    Oyster Nevada Leather $1,450
    Silver Matte Trim $0
    Panoramic moonroof $1,350
    Park Distance Control $750 (you have to get this with Rear-view camera)
    Rear-view camera $400
    Destination & Handling: $895

TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT $43,895

Based on truecar.com invoice for this car is $40,595 so if you can get it for $37,125 I would jump on it but make sure you got all config prices correct, because it seems to be missing something.

Also I would highly recommend Brushed Aluminum Trim which cost nothing for 2013 and looks much better than plastic and add Xenon headlights - they look phenomenal with LED angel eyes.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,726
    Maybe he is looking at the X1?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• smurfette80smurfette80 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer gave me that MSRP figure. The price does seem low to me. I replied to the dealer to confirm and I'm waiting for his response. From the feedback it sounds like if the price is correct, I should be running down to the dealership to sign on the dotted line! Thanks everyone. I will be back with an update.
  • wnofearwwnofearw Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I'm getting an identical vehicle in CT for $43650.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    quote $41000
    chesnut nevada (P1)
    convenience package
    cold weather package
    rear veiw camera
    park distance control

MSRP $44345

good price ?
  • fomentarfomentar Member Posts: 49
    Anyone have experience with the X3 19" wheels with M sport package. Dealer offering tire and wheel protection package and I am debating the value of the $1100 'insurance'. Have searched BMW forums on this topic and it seems majority of folks are opting not to buy this protection. Any current perspectives welcome. Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The M sport package has been watered down lately, it does not add the extra sport suspension as it has in the past, to me save the money and just get the Sport activity package, this comes with the sport seats which are very comfortable. Stay away fro the Wheel Protection package, that is $1100 you do not need to speed, just a money maker for the dealer.
    chesnut nevada (P1)
    convenience package
    cold weather package
    rear veiw camera
    park distance control

MSRP $44345

offer $41000

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for your response.
  • kantuckidkantuckid Member Posts: 4
    go to edmunds/here & build the car here-not BMWusa and print out that INVOICE!!! price & deal from there,period. As already said here you should start @ ~$300 over invoice to $500,. Watch the dealer fees as they are too high some places. If you finance the deal with BMW thats a holiday credit,then if in a BMW bow-loyalty credit,then if a vet ask for USAA discount of 1,000 to 1,250 & if recent grad then college cred too. You can buy it anywhere -they do the paperwork only- & take delivery @ SC BMW center. Or you can buy from inventory & hope for the best which will be + you pay more time! Your in Boston?-try "Z" @ Spring Valley, NY for a deal?
    thank you very much
  • rcaccrcacc Member Posts: 2
    Alpine White
    Black Leatherette
    Brushed Aluminum Trim
    Rear View Camera & Park Distance Control
    Xenon Headlights

MSRP:$41,445.00
    Sale Price: $39,445

Less the $1,000 holiday cash for financing with BMW brings me to $38,445 before taxes, fees etc.

Is this a good deal? My thought is that I can get a better APR using my bank/credit union, but then i lose the $1000 rebate. I'm thinking I could possibly get an additional $1000 off the MSRP if im using BMW for financing, bringing the total to around $37,445. Any insight/advice?
  • rayinsagrayinsag Member Posts: 6
    Spent a Lot of time shopping and finally settled on new 2013 X3 28i with Mineral Silver and Oyster interior. My USAA discount on MSRP of $49,195 was $3410. Thats 7% off MSRP. Costco has a discount of $1000 over invoice.
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Got a similar deal. $750 over invoice for an xDrive35i minus the $1000 USAA discount and the $1000 Holiday discount. Downside? I am waiting for the factory to assemble it... :-(
    Not much of a wait since it is built here in the US.... BTW, did you ask the dealer about taking delivery of it at the factory and go through the driving school that is offered?
  • jay_2013jay_2013 Member Posts: 11
    Just making sure I understood correctly- the Costco price is $1000 BELOW invoice, or $1000 over invoice?
    Costco is $1000 over invoice. Did I say below in previous post?
    I asked the Ann Arbor dealer about driving school. He was unaware of the program for US-Built vehicles. He was going to get back with me but must have forgot.. :-) We found a vehicle in the Idaho and having it shipped here. Should arrive early next week. Wanted to close transaction before year end for tax purposes. Would have loved to doing the driving school thing though. Can we still do that if not ordering?
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    There was a fire at the factory earlier in the week in the X3 Assembly section. No word yet from BMW if there will be any delays.
    I'm sure you can, just go to BMWUSA.COM and the info should be on the web page.
    Dealer said that if I ordered a custom built X3 from the factory (they didn't have what I was looking for on the lot) I could not get the holiday discount for $1000 as it would not arrive by January 3 2013 after which the discount would expire. Sounds backwards to me, as I would pay for the car with a deposit? Is this valid or a sales tactic to get me to buy something on the lot?
    That sounds fishy to me. I placed an order recently for an X3 and got the discount. Should be part of the final paperwork when you make your deposit.
  • spi5spi5 Member Posts: 48
    Dealer has a 2012 X3 XDrive35i with 12,500miles on it. It is full loaded. Original MSRP is $55,000. They offer me $42,500. Is this a good deal? It seems only save me $6,000 from a new car.
    Have got two quotes from different Bay Area dealers- both prices are $500 over invoice. This is before I negotiate- seems like getting it at invoice (before any holiday discounts) should be possible for December.
  • creepingdogcreepingdog Member Posts: 1
    From Edmunds, 2013 X3 28i, cold weather + premium + tech, MSRP: $46,745, Invoice: $43,000. Seems to me that you can buy this car at invoice or even below invoice now
    Acc to Edmunds, the invoice price for that combo is $41000. If that price does not include the holiday discount, it is good.
  • bmwusapabmwusapa Member Posts: 1
    Is there any Holdback for BMW right now?
    Dealer claims the invoice price published on edmunds.com is lower than the real invoice. They added a $400 advertising (maco) and a $180 fee for "training". They agreed to sell at invoice but "their invoice". They said all BMW dealers in the Bay Area would charge the same cost. Is this a legitimate add-on?
    Yes... their invoice is likely Edmund's invoice plus those two charges..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• toddtastoddtas Member Posts: 5
    Premium pkg, premium sound, cold weather pkg and deep sea blue metallic paint:
    Per Edmunds, MSRP $45,045; Invoice $41,455; dealer added MACO $300 and Training fee $180 to the invoice for a total invoice of $41,935. I gave the dealer a profit of $500.
    Price paid $42,435 less $1000 for financing $8,000 (the financing will add $11.52 per month until paid off after 6 months).
    The sales person said that the Edmunds invoice is too low since the invoice is 93% of MSRP. She was wrong. It's 92%. When they add in the non-discounted delivery fee plus MACO and training, then it works out to 93%.
  • mvreddy48xyzmvreddy48xyz Member Posts: 2
    xDrive28i

BASE MSRP $38,500
    Jet Black $0
    Beige Leatherette $0
    Silver Matte Trim $0
    Cold Weather Package $700
    Comfort Access keyless entry $500
    Navigation system $2,150
    Panoramic moonroof $1,350
    Real Time Traffic Information $0
    Rear manual side window shades $250
    BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB $0
    Park Distance Control $750
    Rear-view camera $400
    BMW Rubber Floor Mats $81
    Online Information Services $0
    Destination & Handling: $895
    Total MSRP as Built $45,576

Edmunds Invoice $42271 (including floor mats)

OTD price = 42670 + 2560.2 (tax) + 172 (Tags, registration) = 45,402 - 1000 (holiday credit) = 44,402.

No training, advertising, finance or document charges at all.

Is it a good price?

Thanks for your feedback-

Regards,
    MV
    IMHO you got a good price. There is one thing though. The base price MSRP is correct while the invoice that you paid is $320 high. This represents the price increase for 2013. The new MSRP is $38,850 and an invoice of $35,740. Adding up your list came to $41,951. You showed $42,271. There's the $320 increase! The base invoice that you should have paid was $35,420. So you paid $719 over invoice but invoice includes MACO and the training charges. The MACO charge varies but the training charge is always $180. So if the MACO was $300 then your invoice would be $41,951+300+180=$42,431. OTD price $42,670-$42,431=$239 dealer profit. A good deal. BTW MACO and training are not part of MSRP. The extra $320 should be questioned if you ordered in 2012. Good luck.
    You did mean a 2013 x3, correct?
  • mvreddy48xyzmvreddy48xyz Member Posts: 2
    Oh yeh, I meant 2013 X3 28i. Sorry :-)

Many thanks for your input.

Regards,
    MV
  • dinosmdinosm Member Posts: 16
    Here is the deal i closed last week:

MSRP Invoice
    Code X3 xDrive 28i $38,500 $35,420
    354 Titanium Silver Metallic $550 $500
    LUSW Black Nevada Leather - -
    4AD Brushed Aluminum Trim - -
    ZCW Cold Weather Package $700 $640
    ZCV Convenience Package $1,300 $1,185
    ZPP Premium Package $3,450 $3,140
    ZMP M Sport Package $3,000 $2,730
    ZTP Technology Package $3,200 $2,915
    6NR BMW Apple iPhone Media $250 $230
    Del Destination $895 $895
    TRA Training $180 $180
    Total $52,025 $47,835
    Profit $450
    Holiday Cash for Financing with BMW $(1,000)
    Total $47,285

No Maco fee in my areas so with holiday cash $550 below invoice. I could have pushed a bit more but it was not worth the few hundred bucks.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Now is the anticipations for waiting.
    The dealer then charges $250 for doc fees and another $50 or so for temp tags, and some other bs charges.
    My doc fee was $75.
  • nick715usnick715us Member Posts: 1
    Congrats! Sounds like a very good deal. Where did you purchase? Which dealer?
    Placed order for an X3 on November 26. Per BMW, the vehicle is not yet in production and no date set for production. I'm located in Northeast.

I saw the earlier post regarding a fire at the Spartanburg factory...wondering if that had an impact on production schedule. Wondering in general about the overall timeline of production...is 4+ weeks normal for production to begin?

I'm curious what others are experiencing. Thx.
    Did the dealer provide you with a production #?

I know folks that have ordered the car earlier in November and they got the car last week.
    Call your dealer and ask him if he has an allocation for your ordered car.. If he doesn't, find another dealer..

If he does, ask him what's up, and why your car isn't in production..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Totally false, if you order before 1/2/13 the discount applies as long as you take the care by 3/31/13.
    Edmunds shows a discount for regional adjustment. Has anyone been able to negotiate this into their price?
    I confirmed with another person that he placed the order on 12/10 and the car was at the dealer yesterday. You need to find out why yours is not in yet.
    dinosm and kyfdx,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do have a production number. Have been pinging the BMW website to 'track' my order...website is a waste of time.

I contacted customer service via email and was told it was 'scheduled for daily production pack' on December 27th. I assumed that meant production was iminent, but subsequent inquiries and 'no production date scheduled'.

I figured folks here might have some insight...I was not mistaken. I will make call today regarding allocation.

Thanks again for comments/information.
    If you have a production number, then allocation won't be an issue.. You are right, though.... the website is useless, as far as real time..

I'm sure the holidays have delayed it a bit.... just surprised yours didn't get in well before that...

I'd try calling customer service, rather than resort to e-mail...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jc7098jc7098 Member Posts: 17
    This is my first experience in trying to buy a BMW and unfortunately it's not going well. I can't get a dealer to call me back or to come off MSRP when I try to talk to them about price. This is in Florida. We went back to the dealership and wanted to test drive the car again. We went to the same salesperson we saw the first time and he completely blew us off. I'm getting fed up. Can anyone recommend a dealership in Florida that is easy to deal with? If it was up to me I'd buy another make of car altogether.
    If it was up to me I'd buy another make of car altogether.

IF this isn't up to you, then who is it? If not one wants to sell you a BMW, then go off any buy something else.