Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz: Future Models

12345679»

Comments

• merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081

Mercedes-Benz is presenting a broad cross-section of product firsts and technical innovations at this year's Paris Motor Show. Exclusive high-performance models such as the CL 63 AMG and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition super sports car are celebrating their world premiere here. The latest version of the CL-Class is making its public debut under the slogan "The Virtuoso Luxury Coupé".

Mercedes-Benz at the Paris Motor Show 2006

M
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    I like those coupe lineup shots...does anything like that exist for sedans?

I found this pic online somewhere

And I suspect there might be more to it
    The new S63 AMG:

The S-Class is now also represented by the S 63 AMG and equipped with the 386 kW/525 hp high-tech engine. Both AMG models accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds, and the maximum speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

The CL63 AMG:

With the CL 63 AMG, Mercedes-AMG is presenting the flagship model of the new CL-Class in Paris. Its wholly independently developed AMG 6.3-litre V8-engine develops an output of 386 kW/525 hp and 630 Nm of torque. The high-tech appointments of this luxury coupé include an AMG sports suspension based on Active Body Control. The CL 63 AMG is the current highlight of the 2006 strategic model initiative by Mercedes-AMG – with ten brand-new cars to date.

Full Article

M

Sales were up 13.2 percent in Sept.

Article

M
    The best look yet at the next C-Class:

Article

M
    Following after the recently introduced (though not in the U.S.) SLK55 Black Series, now comes the CLK Black Series:

Video

Awesome car.

M
    Mercedes' U.S. sales were up 12.3 percent last month.

Press Release

M
    Some of the best pics of the new C-Class yet:

More Pics

M
    From MBworld.org:

CL550 $99,900 + Destination($775) + Gas Guzzler($1300)$101,975 base

CL600 $144,200 + Destination($775) + Gas Guzzler($2600)$147,675 base

M
  • rockypaulrockypaul Member Posts: 104
    We chatted earlier in the year about the 2007 E class.
    Just an update:
    We ordered in june and took delivery on Sept 30.

Called M-B for break in instructions: no kick down shifts, no cruise control,vary speed, not over 4000 rpm; all this to break in the gears properly.

Took off the next day for FL; 640 mile first day, same second day.

The E-350 4-Matic wagon is all that it should be and more.
    We are very happy and after 4500 miles in 7 weeks I can say no problems and have only praise for all that is new in '07 especially the steering and brakes.

Got 24 mpg calculated manually and with the onboard computer.
    Oddly I get 28mpg for the same trip to Daytona in our S-430 4-Matic sedan. Both weigh in at 4200 lbs.
    Glad to hear and remember if you get a survey on fill it out truthfully like a good MB owner should..lol!

M
    I see a GL320 CDI in January 07, well ok Edmunds told you that.

I also see a ML550, R550 and GL550 for July 07' as 2008 models.

The new C-Class will be shown in March and arrive here in August as a 2008 model of course.

A CL65 AMG will be shown in Jan at the Detroit auto show.

A S450 will arrive in July 07 as a 2008 model.

Current events - The CL550 has arrived at dealers for a cool 100K and change. The CL600 arrives at the end of the year.

M
    Will do.
    Actually had 2 surveys: one from the Gallup org and one from Mercedes.
  • martyj1martyj1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm thrilled to see some info on the New Mercedes Benz S450. Is that pretty "solid" info that it will be in the US in July 2007 as an '08?
    All I see around now is the S 550.
    Marty
    I'd say so, they can't hold the starting price for the S-Class at 87K forever. Look for the S450 to arrive around that time for about 8-10K less than the S550.

M
    Sales were up 20 percent last month vs. the previous year. The S,CL,GL,E, and M all contributed to this gain.

Press Release

M
  • rambobrambob Member Posts: 4
    In Italy for 2 weeks and saw A Class, B Class and Viano everywhere. Viano used as limo transport, tho at the Salone del Gusto in Turin, they had a camper version set up outside !
    Glad to see MB doing better. Really loved our 02 C Class Sport (loaded) and sad that it had SOOOOO many problems we gave it up before it gave up.
    Another clear (rear) shot of the 08' C-Class from Autospies:

Look like baby S550s with the AMG package to me, a good thing. There is also a strong link to the CL there too.

In other news, the ML550 has been confirmed by various dealer contacts per MBWorld members as a 08' model to arrive in July 07'. It appears that a GL550 will be released in the spring.

Recap: During 2007 and/or for the 2008 model year:

S450, GL550, CL63, S63, C-Class, ML550, R550 and late in 2007 the SLK should get a facelift, SLK55 becomes SLK63 AMG.

M
    Press Release

Mercedes sold 248,080 vehicles in 2006 including 146 Maybachs. Surprisingly with all the new models compared to Dec 2005 sales were down 10 percent on a month vs. month basic for Dec.

M
  • albellalbell Member Posts: 185
    Y'know, except for the S and GL -- which seem to have driven most of the increase -- looking at these numbers, I find little for MB to crow about. Most models are down compared to last year, and many by significant percentages.
    Yeah their Dec numbers should have been much better than last year considering all the new models this year compared to last. The SL and E particularly should have done better this year considering they have a facelift. Still though, 30K S-Classes at 90K a pop on average, someone is printing money. If only the R could sell like the ML and GL then they would really have seen some big growth. I thought they'd at least get to 260K units in 2006, but nope.

M
    Some pics have leaked out from a 08 C-Class brocure:

It appears the Sport versions get the same grille as the SL/CL/CLK.

M
    C-Class unveiling live on the Internet

The countdown has began for the world premiere of the new C-Class in the Mercedes World in Stuttgart-Untertürkheim. The press conference, which will be attended by some 600 journalists from around the world on 18th January 2007 can be seen live on the internet from 7:00 to 7:40pm (CET) by using a link that will be provided by DCX in the coming hours. Following the event various text and photo materials relating to the new C-Class will also be available on here on the DaimlerChrysler Media Site, along with pictures of the world premiere.

There is nothing we can do, other than look at the leaked C-Class photos, or wait and make sure to come back to BenzInsider at 7pm (CET) for the link to the live show. Just an important FYI for everyone; CET means (Central European Time), so if you live in the following areas, these are the times to come back.

East-Coast (e.g. New York) - 1pm
    West-Coast (e.g. Seattle) - 10am
    West-Central (e.g. Denver) - 11am
    East-Central (e.g. Chicago) - 12pm

Link

M
    Some scanned brochure pics:

M
    They have been posted (at least partially) on MBUSA.com:

Available in two unique models — sport sedan and luxury sedan — the all-new C-Class offers an impressive list of exciting features, including:

* A choice of two V-6 engines (3.0 or 3.5 liter sport sedan and 3.0 liter luxury sedan)
    * Standard 7-speed automatic transmission (optional on C300 Sport Sedan)
    * Standard 8-way power driver and passenger seats
    * Adaptive brakes
    * Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
    * Burl Walnut trim (luxury sedan) or Aluminum trim (sport sedan)
    * DIRECT CONTROL adaptive suspension system with selective damping for comfort and handling
    * Standard Bluetooth® connectivity
    * Aggressive AMG bodystyling on sport sedan models
    * Standard power sunroof
    * Seven standard air bags
    * Standard PRE-SAFE® occupant protection system
    * Adaptive suspension system
    * 17-inch twin-spoke aluminum wheels (Optional 18-inch twin-spoke aluminum wheels on C300 and C350 Sport Sedans)
    * Optional standard 4MATIC™ all-wheel drive (availability scheduled for fall 2007)

2008 C-Class

That is a lot of standard equipment for a C-Class, hope the base prices stay realistic.

M
    Up 37 percent, press release.

M
  • dfc3dfc3 Member Posts: 87
    Good to see that they've renamed the C280 as the C300. As an owner of the 2006 C280, I get tired of having it confused with the previous version of this car - which is really no comparison. With the 3-liter engine, not sure why they didn't do it earlier.

Anyway... looks like a solid, continued improvement.
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Do someone knows what's the diff. in GL450 and GL550? like comparison link or something...

Looking on mbusa.com, there is diff. of price tag in GL550 by $20K vs GL450.
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    Do someone knows what's the diff. in GL450 and GL550? like comparison link or something...

As I understand it, the main differences are the engine, of course, and the options packages are all standard.

As you know, Mercedes is notorious for expensive option packages and accessories that escalate the prices of its vehicles.

If you took the GL450 and started equipping it like the GL550, you would see how rapidly and significantly the price jumps.

BTW, the '08 GL550 has the new more aggressive front end with that larger front grill. I like it.

TagMan
  • califb200califb200 Member Posts: 2
    Are there any other B-200 Turbo owners in the USA besides us (we're in California)?
This discussion has been closed.