Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    I am doubting the wood floors and ostentatious chairs of the concept would make it either. Would probably end up like a super sized Soul, van form.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    super sized Soul, van form

And that would work just fine. I mean, look at the current crop and they're not even boring, they're ugly. Well, not the Sienna, but cost cutting got that one, so it needs a re-do similar to the Civic's.
    So this would be ugly but not boring? :shades:

Hmm...super sized car as a van, reminds me of the Mazda MPV or something.
    I'm sure it would be pretty mainstream (FWD unibody V6), just a tad more interesting then the current crop.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I want to see the KV7 because the Sienna suffered cost cutting and the Ody is just strange now. The Quest is too bolt upright, and the Grand Caravan dates back to 2008 - the old Chrysler.

My brother's newish Odyssey is indeed, just strange. The inside looks about the same as his last one but the dash is a tad more conservative.

Never seen the inside of a Quest but for exterior styling, I still like the Dodge's best, Sienna and Mazda5 next.

The rap on the Sedona was the mpg. Which is the rap on Kia-Hyundai still.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    edited December 2012
    I've actually had those as rentals within the past year. The inside of the Sienna seemed a bit nicer than when this version first came out. The inside of the Quest had some very nice seats, but it's a little more station wagon like. Supposedly the new Chrysler T&C has a much improved engine, but the one I had was a pig, pure and simple. I don't think the Ody is in rental fleets, but regardless of color, it still looks like the back third was welded on at a junkyard. I did notice at the Honda dealer that the new Ody seems to sit lower than the others and it's predecessor. Same goes for the new CRV. Two years ago I had a Sedona - forget it. I'd turn one down if they tried to foist in off on me again. IMO it was hands down worst of the lot.
    Sienna is nicer? Maybe I will take another look during auto show season.

Quest felt like an SUV even down to the 3rd row, plus it is so bolt upright. The cargo area is a foot short, too, so no laying plywood down like you can in the rest.

Dodge needs a clean sheet redo. 2008 this one came out, it is the oldest option. Pentastar is a good engine but let's see a new van around it.

Kia the time is now.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'm really curious to see what VW is going to do. Another Routan?
    Loved that Bus concept, but I won't get my hopes up.

The Bulli is neat but more of a Soul competitor.
    Saw a new ES today, and a new unplated135is (?) coupe - latter was being filled up alongside me at a Chevron near the dealer. Lots of exhaust growl when starting, very surprising.
    New Accord in College Park MD, guy was out for a test drive.

Terps win again! Now 11-1.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Saw a Dart with actual license plates on it. First one!!
    Saw one a while ago, still rare here, not sure why to be honest.
    Saw a Traverse with the new front end, and about 12 ATS at the Caddy dealer this morning. And not new, but a current style boat A8, which makes me want to go back to Germany.
    Being pulled over by a speed trap on Westlake Drive.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Saw one with plates on in an ugly old-fashioned powder blue, quite fugly.
    Stopped by a few dealers today, had time to kill. Noticed it seemed random who was open or who was closed. Open: BMW, Caddy, Nissan, Lexus, Ford. Closed: MB, Porsche, Audi, Acura, Volvo, Mopar (I think).

Audi dealer had nothing unusual on the lot (other than a R8 cabrio sitting way out among the used cars), but a diverse loaner fleet, not just stripper A4s. I noticed A8, A6, Allroad, A7, Q7 loaners. MB dealer had nothing remarkable. BMW dealer had oddities - maybe 8 Gran Coupes - some of them loaded to the brim with 110K MSRPs. A couple of new style M5s, and an ActiveHybrid 3er (60K MSRP) and ActiveHybrid 5er rounded out the new ones. Looked at some ATS at the Caddy lot - dealer had a dozen of them, all engines and specs, it seemed. Chatty salesman said they sold 4 last week. Looks like a nice car, but some MSRPs were touching or passing 50K. Saw an ES hybrid sitting at the Lexus lot, nothing else seemed new.
    Wonder how the gran coupe will sell. Probably well, but you wonder if it will just cannibalize the 5er.
    It is significantly more expensive, that will keep it from hurting the 5er too much, I think. If anything, it will cannibalize the 7er. I think the Gran Coupe is actually pretty nice looking.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    surprised we haven't seen one yet with the fake Vinyl Roof... :P

Odie
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,254
    I was thinking the same thing. I saw a new 6 coupe today in Bristol. Maybe someone who works at ESPN.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    BMW has turned around from the Bangle days, for sure.

Saw a new Hyundai Azera today, not many of these around yet. Upkick in the beltline/window line reminds me of a mid 50s or mid 60s GM product, in a way.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    edited January 2013
    I saw a new small Buick parked but when I went to have a closer look, it turned out to be a Verrano, not the Regal I was expecting. It's pretty close in size (which might be a mistake on the part of Buick division).

Nice looking car at any rate but they could've come up w a better name (Invicta? Skylark?).

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

It is based on the Cruze, which is big, only nicer and with better engines. It's selling we'll but cannibalizing the Regal.
    Went to the post office and sitting out front of the dry cleaner next door is a red Ferrari, sitting there with the engine running and nobody in the driver's seat!
    I was so shocked, I didn't check to see what model or where it was from.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    parked next to a new Accord today (white 4 door). Did not even realize what it was until I saw the badge. Much nicer looking than the previous bulbous model. Quite curious now to see the interior and front end.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Did a little devil appear on one shoulder, an angel on the other? :D
    I made a second pass by the car, despite the exit being in the opposite direction. hmm.
    I'd have taken it for a spin ar least, then use the "I'm a valet" excuse!
    Saw a Biturbo ML63 and 2 (!) Tesla sedans today.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2013
    Went in to Boston and in the Pridential parking lot was a Fisker Karma on the charger. Also saw a Tesla roadster parked on Comm. Ave. and I would like to thank the gentleman in the white Lambo Gallardo bombing up and down the streets and providing Boston with that heavenly Soundtrack :)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    On the drive back from Florida to NJ a couple of days ago, I noted a great number of cars with Canadian tags. 2 in particular interested me because they are models we don't get here. One was an Acura CDX. An obvious Civic rebadge. The other was what I thought at first to be just a Jetta wagon. But it actually said Golf on it, and it did seem to be a bit smaller.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

You saw *BOTH* Tesla sedans?
    New on here at Washington Circle. More Maxima Jr than before.
    The other was what I thought at first to be just a Jetta wagon. But it actually said Golf on it, and it did seem to be a bit smaller.

It's the exact same car with a different name on it.
    There's a dealer here, maybe had something to do with it.

Today's new sighting: Pathfinder. It's really a glorified minivan now - not that previous versions were used to do anything but find the path to the mall, but this one doesn't even pretend anymore. Shameful or honest, I can't decide which.

Also, my first rental Dart.
    Pathfinder went from BOF to unibody, back to BOF, back to unibody.

Don't think I've ever seen any but the very early ones off road, though. The hard-body based ones were cool. Surprisingly car-like for a real truck.
    Yes, pre-1995 ones were real trucks. From then on, for the suburbanite with off road pretenses.
    I tested the 07 or so, and the seating just wasn't comfortable, space is compromised by the huge pumpkin between the rear axle, ride was compromised, etc.

I have a beach condo so I may have been among the 1% who actually would take it off pavement.

You can't have it all, of course. I can see why families lined up at Honda and Toyota dealers and walked right past Nissan dealers.

I can always park the van and walk. I do miss driving on the sand, but I wasn't going to make major compromises for 50 weeks to enjoy a couple of weekends of driving on the beach.
    edited January 2013
    Does a touristy beach count as off-road? Not like you'll be jumping dunes in it :shades: Just take the Subaru. Being in the PNW, I have different visions of off-roading. Normal cars go to the beach here.

A co-worker of mine has an 05 he bought new, and has miled way up to about 150K. It's been reliable, but is awfully cheap inside (that's Nissan). He's also single, kind of a look at me outdoorsman, so passenger issues aren't important to him.
    Not touristy at all, in fact I had to show proof of residence to get a season pass. It's for locals who fish, basically.

The Forester is capable and we've been there in it, but we tend to travel in the van (much more space plus we have a big dog).

4WD/AWD is required as is airing down the tires. They have air so you can air up when you exit. Pretty neat setup.

Nowadays I park and walk, it's not far, just not as fun.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    is it? ok. The taillights seemed different, but I'm not even sure what generation it was. And everything seems smaller when driving the wife's beastly minivan.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Well, if there are condos :shades:

Around here, people just drive on the beach. I never would, I don't want salt under my cars - the old car would probably dissolve. The tire thing is cool though.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I'd love to see a Tesla on the road. I'm in your city the next couple of days, maybe I'll pass one of them.
    is it? ok. The taillights seemed different, but I'm not even sure what generation it was. And everything seems smaller when driving the wife's beastly minivan.

I compared the dimensions on vw.ca and vw.com and the numbers were exact.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I'm with you on the shameful/honest thing. My 2002 Pathfinder is from the BOF years, it's one of those vehicles I wish would never die. I try to drive it sparingly but I enjoy riding it so it gets more use than it probably should if I want it to last forever.

Ironically I've seen way more of the Infiniti "minivans" than the new Pathfinder, seems like I see the JX everywhere I go. Overall I'm not a fan but I guess it's what the market wants.
    I have seen several Tesla roadsters on the road here. If you spend some time in downtown Bellevue, you very well might see one. Also a Fisker dealer in the area, so I see those now and then as well.
    Another co-worker of mine has a Pathfinder of similar age to yours - he too loves it and refuses to part with it. Those seem to have been very well built too.

The JX doesn't seem to be pretending, it has that going for it. It's an AWD minivan with conventional doors and a rear-pillar quirk to inject a little personality. I have seen a ton of them too (and I think they are even in the National rental fleet now).
    No condos in that area, actually it's quite nice...
    They've sold tons, and it came out sooner than the Pathy.