Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    The Pathfinder is the only car I've ever loved out of all the ones I've owned. I loved the styling, the way it drove, everything but the gas mileage.

I'm actually in downtown Seattle but if I can get away from work at a decent hour tomorrow I might swing by the Tesla place, would be interesting to check them out. They're a little out of my price range but a part of me thinks it would be a fun novelty car.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I kind of like the Fisker, it has a presence. Tesla looks too similar to a new Fusion, in person.

New sighting today - truckload of new Imprezas still in the wrapper. This is an area where they probably sit on the lot for about 48 hours before selling.

Also saw something new and odd, TSX wagon. Maybe the second one I have seen on the road.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Isn't the port for Subaru somewhere in the Pacific Northwest? (Portland?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Isn't the port for Subaru somewhere in the Pacific Northwest? (Portland?)

IIRC correctly:

Vancouver, WA
    Baltimore, MD
    Richmond, CA
    Quonset Point, RI
    The truck was on 405, so heading to a dealer from a distribution point, for sure.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I haven't seen a Fisker in person but I did stop by the Tesla studio on Westlake yesterday afternoon. I didn't have time to get all the way to Bellevue and back in rush hour.

Overall a really cool car, the 17" touch screen is impressive although probably a bit overdone. I did like flat floor throughout and the storage in the front where an engine would be in an ICE model. The technology is too new and the price a little too high for me to really consider it but I was impressed with what I saw.

And similar to you I think I've seen 2 TSX wagons on the road, not bad for what it is though.
    I saw another sedan this morning. The car has a distinctive face in the dark. It caught up to me at a light, and the young female driver had her right signal on as she was sitting in a left turn lane.

Funny that the TSX wagon (Accord) is accepted in Europe, when most larger Japanese cars aren't. Of course, it's diesel there.
  • markinnaplesmarkinnaples Member Posts: 1
    It's a shame you can't post pics here as I saw a Fisker on this past Christmas Eve and it will just beautiful, beautiful in a dark brown with a tan interior.

Honestly, probably one of the coolest cars I have seen in a long time.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2013
    Just find a place to park the photo (like tinypic.com or another hosting site) and you can grab the URL and use the IMG buttons to post it.

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yeah, but the focus is so much on design, look at all the engineering issues they've had.
    Just a fire here and there, pretend it's an Italian car :shades:
    Pshhh the fires add character. They're supposed to be wild cars for gutsy buyers. ;)
    Burning edge technology, early adopters beta testing, and all that.
    Hot commodity.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Fire sale!
    I hear those can melt the pavement.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    edited January 2013
    ...spotted a white one in the Whole Foods parking lot on the Fairway in Jenkintown, PA.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    That's their new model, Fisker Karmelized.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Rode with a buddy in his wife's CR-V. Very similar to our Forester. Very user friendly, backp cam standard. No wonder they sell so many.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    they are nice. Probably should have bought one when we first looked at it and my wife wanted one. Instead I gave her time (and my mistake taking her there int he first place) to get fixated on the RDX. Hit me right in the pocketbook.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

went to the movies tonight. Came out, and parked in the lot, just like any other car, was a silver Roller. Whatever the current big 4 door (the "real" Rollw Royce) is.

Looks like a clown car to me, but it was imposing. But mostly, shocking to see where it was. A nice area, but not that upscale. You do see some nice iron, but not usually that exotic!

That would be a Phantom. Funny, a few weeks ago I was at a highline dealer, and an older couple was looking at a Bentley Arnage. The woman said something like "I don't like it, reminds me of a truck!". Funny.

Not new, but saw a LS600 today - rare car. Was with a friend who is somewhat into cars but not nuts about it - he really liked a parked FR-S, thought it was a more expensive car.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,368
    edited January 2013
    Some new machinery seen at this years Barrett-Jackson auctions:

-Lexus LF/A, they had a yellow one on hand which looked rather Corvett-ish and I don't think they'll find many takers at the stratospheric prices they're asking
    ($375K IIRC). For that kind of dough people expect exotic styling as well as blistering performance. They had a simulator on hand that was a hoot to drive.
    The Lexus GS I sat in looked like a much more reasonable proposition, I wnder how it compares to the BMW F10 5-Series.

They also had a new Bentley Contintental GT, something-something in an insipid 1950s powder blue (?!) C'mon guys, dark green is the only proper color for a Bentley.

I also sat in a new Ford Escape which I thought was pretty nice inside even if it's a climb to get in. They're taller than they look.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Saw an RS5 and a Gran Coupe today.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...orange FRS in the parking lot at work.
    I see these every day, but what stood out was this one seemed to have steel wheel with plastic wheel covers.

Huh? Alloys are not standard?
    The base model comes with 17" steel wheels and wheel covers. The XLT comes with 18" alloys and the Limited has 20" alloys.
    I guess they're just not very common. I wonder if it was a fleet/rental?
    I've only seen a couple and one of them is nearby so people are buying them. I would say that rentals would be XLT models.

Maybe PPV? The PPV comes with 18" black steelies and center caps. Maybe a city/town/county would order a base model for detective/utility work.
    Saw another Tesla sedan today, and yet another new ES - sales must be healthy.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I've actually seen a fair number of Explorer's recently on the rental lots. Mostly Avis and Enterprise, and primarily XLT. Although Enterprise had a few Limiteds mixed in with Acadia's in the SUV upgrade category. Hertz seems to still be mostly Traverse and Acadia, along with some Highlanders. I've rented two Explorer's over the past few months. The dash doesn't thrill me, but it is a nice vehicle with decent mileage. The big drawback for me is the legroom isn't great for a six footer and the footwell is cramped, but I guess that is true on some other Ford products as well. The Lambda's and the Highlander all have better legroom. I think Ford needs to dump that Volvo chassis.
    no, not all that new, but first time I noticed how long it was. I parked the RDX next to one, and it looked like a Lincoln town car or a Lexus LS in comparison.

Not one, not two, but three of these this morning.

One of them in that electric orange paint scheme.
    edited January 2013
    I rode in one this weekend. Adequate around town, but like my friend described, it lets you know it is working on the highway.

Averaged 43mpg or so combined.

Oh yeah, has a pretty sketchy nav system.
    edited January 2013
    It's a very low cost Navi, for $22k nowadays you can get one with Entune included. They start at $19k, so only a couple grand more than a similarly equipped Yaris.

That whole vehicle price is about what the options will cost you on a new Benz. :shades:

His mileage is unusually low - Fuelly has average in the 50s.
    It would hit 50mpg in town, but in 75mph highway driving, not so hot.

Definitely built to a price. The nav had a fun habit of not telling you about an intended turn until after you passed it..."recalculating" was heard many times, with no warning beforehand.
    If he drives at those speeds often, he should at least have gotten the regular Prius.

CR tested both and the C was more efficient in the city, but the regular Prius was actually more efficient on the highway. Bigger engine, but taller gearing, so it actually does better there.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Still like it? Any surprises?
    Audi A8L 4.0T.

Seeing a lot of Volvo XC60's lately too. After looking at the huge jump in sales last year, my findings were verified. One of the better looking SUV's on the road IMO, even in non R-design levels. :shades:
    I liked the XC60 a lot. My wife was also very impressed. If it did not fail her selt belt test (the belt cut across her neck) quite possibly would have gotten one of those instead of the RDX we did get.

I agree, I checked them out at the Auto Shows and was disappointed that there was no height adjust for the belts.

Being Volvo, maybe they found fault with the feature and chose to omit it, or maybe it was just a cost cutting move... :(

I've driven a few S60's with the T6 and it is a great car, the engine is a gem. Very underrated ride IMO. I wish Volvo would offer the V60 here. The XC60 is really nice but I'm a wagon guy :D
    Yet another new ES, and a homely Sonata hybrid with no lights on - looks better in the dark, I will say that much :shades:
    Sonata and Accord hybrid/PHEVs don't look as good as the conventional models.

I think manufacturers try too hard to distinguish them.

Camry hybrid outsells both combined, and it's stealthy (looks "normal").
    And knowing their collective styling knack. At least Toyota knows to keep it subtle - if only they could have done so for the Avalon's face. All attention isn't good attention, some of these cars are going to look even worse in another decade.

Brand new unplated still spotless 5-door Kia Forte in the workplace parking garage. I think that design looks awkward compared to the Elantra GT.
    edited January 2013
    Avalon sales are exceeding expectations, and that's with the same old same old powertrain.

The markets' tastes don't line up with yours.

Forte is getting a re-do right around now, was it the brand new one? I'm not even sure if those are out yet.
    Exceeding expectations, or exceeding sales of the 2012 model which no doubt sold less than previous models, as the devotees were waiting for the new one? I know the 2012 was involved in a massive fleet dump. I still haven't seen one of the dual grille gaping maw models in person.

I haven't seen a credible source claiming the Avalon is a nice design. Even if it sells (which it will, it's a Japanese Buick, and aging boomers love Toyota), doesn't make it good design.

I think the "new" Forte will be a 2014 model, the one I saw was a current one.
    edited January 2013
    I've seen TONS, but then again Jim Coleman Toyota is about 2 miles from my house.

I haven't seen a credible source claiming the Avalon isn't a nice design

No source is credible to you, so I'll flip that right back at ya!
    edited January 2013
    TONS of the new model? What expectations is it exceeding?

Nice debate tactic. Are you insinuating the Avalon's face is even passably decent design? Hell, I can't find ANY source calling that maw a piece of good design, even noted devils advocate/underdog embracers/instigators won't say it directly :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2013
    Not on point so much, but there's a shift starting to happen. Gen Y styling?

"The power that U.S. baby boomers have exercised for nearly 50 years over the auto industry is starting to wane—finally.

Luxury car makers aren't the only ones chasing the Gen X/Gen Y bulge. Toyota Motor Corp. which rode the loyalty of baby boomer buyers to astounding success in the U.S. from the 1970s on, is turning its full attention to the rising generations. In Detroit, Toyota showed a sneak preview of the new design for its journeyman Corolla compact sedan, a mainstay for thrifty-minded boomers. The new look displayed by the Furia concept car is a flashy, overt appeal to kids who grew up on the "Fast and Furious" movie franchise.

Global brands such as Mercedes, BMW and Audi are finding that the young, newly rich in markets such as China or Latin America want vehicles that are more compact, efficient and sporty than the big limos the older cadres drive. The opportunity they hope to seize is to sell technology-laden, compact luxury vehicles to both young Chinese strivers and successful young consumers in the U.S."

Auto Makers Look Past Baby Boomers (Wall St. Journal)
    Avalon was up 66.3% in December.

I prefer the Fusion's inverted version of that grille, but it's not that bad.

It's certainly not X6/Panamera/Juke/Odyssey ugly, not even close.