Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    edited February 2013
    I noticed that too. Big honkin' hood on that Durango, but it's got to hold a Hemi, right? :D I think maybe this Marchionne is really starting to make a difference at Chrysler. Quality and style seem to be improving over there, that's for sure.
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Yeah much nicer than the plastics in the Calibers I was selling in 07 although I did drive a Caliber variant, the Jeep Patriot for a couple of years myself. Decent little pseudo SUV.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Chrysler gets the most improved interiors award for sure. Dad's 200 convertible is nice inside. I'd like to see a full redesign of the 200 to see what they can do to the rest of the car, though.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,165
    Out on foot this morning, saw a Tesla sedan. Then walked to the post office about an hour ago - saw a truck carrying 5 (!) Tesla sedans.
    That's a month's worth of sales.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    What is the goal Musk put out for this year? 20k units? At the rate we are all seeing them, it doesn't sound THAT crazy. They haven't even started shipping the cheaper ones yet.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

I guess it was more about delays vs. slow sales.
    Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Volante.

A mouthful, and an eyeful.
    DB7? Those ceased production almost 10 years ago :P

Saw a new Altima with the "puredrive" badge.
    Thought about posting in the Classic thread, but it's not old enough!

We need a new thread, "I spotted a MIDDLE AGED (insert make/model) today!"
    It counts as obscure - I post about 2000+ MBs there :shades:

New ES parked at the realty building next door to me - perfect realtor's car.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Yeah, I saw one of those Puredrive Altimas at work today? What is "Puredrive?"
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2013
    I think "PureDrive" has something to do with lower emmisions. Haven't seen a bit of marketing for it tho, so must be no big deal...
    That's the secret 300hp/50mpg AWD wagon model that isn't advertised. ;)
    Funny how the Hyundai looks more upscale.
    ...black Chevrolet Malibu near Unruh and Oxford Avenue in NE Philly. Also spotted a silver LaCrosse at Tabor and Fuller.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    lol, I thought the same thing when I read that.

Puredrive - Prodrive

Prodrive P2

:shades:
    It's a shame that test mule never developed in to anything. Supposedly the torque vectoring on that car was killer.
    A neighbor who had an MDX (previous gen) just picked up a new Pathy.

Oddly they have not sold the MDX yet. Hoarders. ;)
    Saw my first confirmed 2013 Avalon in motion today - and it was a rental. Funny.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    This kinda looks like the thing I saw running around Hershey, PA (with a little hide-a-car cladding). It riminded me of the 2010 FR-V with 2.2 diesel we rented in Bermuda. There is a Fit Shuttle that is due to come out that will be between the Fit and Oddy in size to compete with the C-Max and Mazda5. This could be the Civic based one like the previous FR-V and go in the line-up under the Xtour. My wife has a 2011 Xtour and loves it, but the Black Hole of a Blind Spot sucks [non-permissible content removed].

Odie
    CR-V has grown so much that bringing the FR-V would make sense.

Aren't they supposed to build a Fit-based crossover? Juke sells well, Buick has the Encore, plus there's the Countryman. A whole new class of tiny ones are coming.
    Not new, but saw 2 different 5er GTs on the road today, along with the one sitting at the nearby car lot. Also new Altima, Fusion, Ferrari 458.
    edited February 2013
    When I was at the dealer buying my new beast/ball and chain today, someone bought/took delivery of a lovely loaded white C63 coupe, and someone else was about to buy a red C sedan. The latter was a guy my age coming out of an E46 M3 - different world.

Nothing too odd at the dealer, saw a SLS hanging out in a back room, salesman told me eventually the 4cyl diesel E250 is coming to the US.
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Congrats, so you decided to go for the E Class?

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

Yep, got a W212. Gotta experience a new car at least once in my life. :shades:
    Got any pictures?
    Diesel? Did you lease? Color?

Congrats.
    Today, a grey Tesla S on the back of a flatbed. Licensed, not new. Oops. Insert Tesla/NYT feud joke here.

Too easy. ;)
    Took a few this morning:

The wheel is up a little higher than normal, as I have it set for "comfort access", which raises it when exiting and entering.
    Thanks. Bluetec, of course. I weighed the pros and cons, and thought I might not have this cheap an opportunity again. Amazing lease deal, they gave me a fair price for my car and I know it will go to a good home. I am still kind of on a high from it.
    Pano is nice.

Is the trim piano black? That's how my Miata is, a bit dark but open the lid and ... who cares!? :shades:
    It's a very dark grey wood, pretty black, but it is kind of shiny. The silver trim looks nice with the other dark colors, and the materials are very nice, a level above the old car. Like you say, open the pano shade, and it is nice and bright inside. That shade will stay open most of the time.
    edited February 2013
    Is it hard to keep such dark carpeting looking clean.

PS Made in Germany?
    I spy the Bellevue Square parking lot. I can recall some night hoonage there in a friend's volvo back in high school. Gotta learn handbrake turns sometime.

I'm getting a set of MB rubber mats thrown in, so the carpets should stay fresh.

Built at Sindelfingen, which I actually visited in November. This car was born pretty recently, December build date.
    I love the rooftop level of that garage - great for photography - always a nice empty spot, and nobody will bug you.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    Nice. Congratulations.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I have rubber mats for the Miata, too. Better than those white salt stains on black carpet.
    Nice! Good luck with it! White will make it easier to keep clean and scratches won't be as visible.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    Great looking car, Fin, in and out! Please keep us updated on your impressions and experiences as you two become acquainted. The new E-class is looking good to me, and a Mercedes diesel strikes me as about as good as it gets.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

...white Lexus RX450h at work and a black Chevrolet Malibu on Oxford Avenue near Unruh in NE Philly.
    I also think white works well with the design of the car. Some cars look better in the color than others. It's also a good contrast for the pano roof. And unlike the dark grey car, I can drive it for 10 miles in the rain and not have it look like I've been off road.
    edited February 2013
    I'll post any issues, for sure. The car has a little quirk to be adjusted already. I went over it with a fine toothed comb, and the fuel filler door is maybe a couple mm out of adjustment. I have an appointment Monday to have it aligned. A normal person might not have noticed. But if I am taking on a car payment again, I want it perfect. Otherwise, it's a piece of heaven, relaxing to drive, more tech than I know what to do with, good mileage. And dare I say it, it might even be a little pretty.

Speaking of new cars, when I bought my car, they had a beautiful C-class on the lot. C300 4Matic, Diamond Silver on ash leather, P2, pano, loaded, big 48K MSRP. Today, it's gone. Maybe it sold.
    Around here the problem is debris, especially pine needles and leaves.

The fintail doesn't even have carpeting up front, just rubber floors. I wipe them down now and then, easy.
    Do you get pine tar or are both cars under cover?

I have a car port for 2 cars, but the 3rd car is exposed. Sucks when it snows.
    Saw a blue Golf with plastic wheel covers and 65 series tires.

Looked it up - 2.5l engine is standard, so no 2.slow like the base Jetta, at least.

VW needs a car to slot below the Golf/Jetta just to get away from these stripped base models.
    Both cars are garaged. I'd want to sell the old car if I couldn't keep it dry - it would decay pretty fast in the damp here.
    The salt they use on the roads around here would eat an older car, too.

Was the fintail's steel galvanized?