Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Somebody in our condo complex got a new X1 as I see it in the garage all the time. Cool little wagon thingy I guess.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...black Hyundai Equus going south on Roosevelt Blvd. near Grant in NE Philly.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2013
    Saw quite a few new RAV4's, these things have been for sale for what a week now?

Also in Boston on Saturday, spotted a sinister looking ML63 AMG.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,851
    A little longer than that. I know someone who has had one for about a month. They had the first or second one the dealer sold.

I've seen quite a few too. Much improved looks IMO. No spare tire on the back finally!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    "I've seen quite a few too. Much improved looks IMO. No spare tire on the back finally! "

Because there's no spare at all. But I guess that'd be OK with me. I never did like the outside mounted spare.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    CR averaged 27 mpg overall

That actually matches the Elantra. No wonder Hyundai owners complain.

If you need AWD, though, that's as good as it gets.
    there's no spare at all

Pretty sure I saw a donut spare in one of the video reviews...let me look...

Yeah, 4th image here shows it:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121217/CARREVIEWS/121219903
    Oops...I had heard otherwise, hadn't bothered to check. That's even better! I prefer a spare to a can of fix-a-flat.
    Can't blame ya - the commercials talk about making the old spare tire disappear.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,095
    edited March 2013
    Latest - white RR Ghost driving far over the flow of traffic - no need for laws when you can buy justice, 2x Altimas one rental, white Equus, Tesla sedan, what I assume was a Scion FR-S rebadged as a Toyota, and not new but weird, an HHR converted to a "Nomad" - even had grafted on fins.
    in white color, creeping in a supermarket parking lot. Very nice looking car.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    they got rid of the totally useless 3rd row (that few people even bought) and converted that space to be the spare tire well.

If Toyota had come out with this model last summer, I would have given it serious consideration before we bought the Acura.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Saw an Avalon, must have been a higher model as it seemed to have a lot of chrome, the weird fish mouth was definitely out there.
    edited March 2013
    they got rid of the totally useless 3rd row (that few people even bought)

Yeah, my Mom's has that. I don't think anyone but a small child could fit back there.

Fintail,
    I hate that grill on the Avalon. It's not a bad looking car, but the front is a deal breaker.

edited March 2013
    Saw a white one today, the odd thing was it had CA license plates (in DC).

Really has presence on the road.
    Saw 2x Tesla sedans, both white, I suspect it was actually the same car. I noticed the front LED turns off when turning, like an Audi - doesn't look right to me.

Also a new Sentra - high trim model not rental, a new Accord that had distinct DI clatter, and a new Civic.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I noticed the front LED turns off when turning, like an Audi - doesn't look right to me.

I've noticed on Audis that the white LED is replaced with a yellow LED turn signal now.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    I saw my first new (restyled) Chevy Impala. Except for the rear it looks exactly like a Malibu. This could be a problem for Chevy since I often mistake the Cruze for a Malibu.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Saw a dark blue Tesla sedan today.
  • iwant12iwant12 Member Posts: 269
    Saw a black Tesla in Fort Worth yesterday, dealer tag on the back. Very nice-looking ride. I had my windows down and all I heard from the Tesla was wheels on pavement.
    Saw a silver Tesla sedan today, boring color - you can spot the LEDs from a mile away though. Also a new Nissan Quest, rental, Michigan plates.
    All you guys seeing Teslas. I haven't seen one here in Southern NJ.

You guys get very cheap full-service gasoline there. ;)

Insurance it what kills your costs, right?
    Insurance it what kills your costs, right?

Don't remind me. It's crazy $3400/ year 2 drivers, 3 vehicles (2 full coverage). No accidents, no tickets.

I'd rather pump my own gas, its faster. I know I'm certainly in the minority.

edited March 2013
    That is insane. One driver, two vehicles (1 full coverage, one vintage), no accidents or tickets, costs me maybe $1500. And I am trusted to pump my own gas.
    edited March 2013
    "All you guys seeing Teslas. I haven't seen one here in Southern NJ. "

I'm seeing one every day now, somebody's parking a white one in the garage at work. Haven't seen more than a couple on the road, though.
    Today - black Tesla, white on white (!!!) BMW Gran Coupe, 2x X1, Sentra that was likely a rental, and an Equus with shiny wheels that made me think "Buick".
    Yeah, my Buick has shiny wheels. I kinda like them! :)

Saw a new Encore at the dealer tonight. Didn't have time to check it out, but it was parked in front of an Enclave and looked tiny.

The whole car made me think "Buick", but I know what you mean. These wheels looked to maybe be a polished metal rather than bright chrome, but still pretty shiny. The overall car design says "suddenly it's 2006!" to me, like a big cross between a similar year Lacrosse and Lucerne.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    They are rolling out a refreshed Equus this month at NYIAS. Maybe they'll bump it up to 2010 or so.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Shop. Allstate keeps going up, but even with the platinum plan, after the rebate it is about $3.600/year. So, I was getting solicitations from AAA, so I called them. $2275 for a year, for same levels coverage, though they don't offer "accident forgiveness".

but, this is for 4 cars, 4 drivers. 2 full coverage, 2 liability only, and a 21 YO male and 17 YO female.

You are getting hosed!

I've compared with quite a few of the big companies and Geico was always the best I could do, but never AAA. Do you have to be a AAA member? I'm not.

Yes, I think so, but that is fairly cheap. In theory they give better rates for longer term members, but who knows how true that is!

Can't wait to see its LED jewelry :shades:
    was up around Princeton tonight, so no shortage of nice iron. Was at a light, and up next to me pulls a nice looking new black Ferrari convertible. Just don't ask me what model. But sounded real sweet pulling away!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    Wasn't sure what it was until I saw the Toyota emblem.
    The rear lights form sort a horizontal shelf.
    Forgot to look at the front.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Not far from a new-ish Legacy.
    Saw a Dart in a color I will call "General Lee Orange" (ok, it was maybe a shade lighter).
    ...white Chevrolet Caprice police car in Oaks, PA. It's the first time I've seen one in the wild.
    ...silver Dodge Challenger SRT8 and one of those huge gray Nissan vans based on the Titan at Cottman and Oxford Avenue in NE Philly.
    I didn't get the memo about all black new cars this week
    edited March 2013
    Altima, X1, Fusion hybrid, rental Avalon, SWB A8
    rental Avalon

New style or old?

New style, likely a National/Alamo car.
    That didn't take long. I'm surprised. The 05+ style took a few years before appearing in fleets.

I think nowadays, sales are sales. 10 years ago, a Camry was rare in fleets too - now they are everywhere.

I didn't see many Avalon rentals til 2011 or so.
    neighbor just got a new truck. Dodge 2500 diesel. 4 door cab. Black with silver accents. Couldn't read the side badges to see what specific trim level but it looked loaded and fancy.

That is a big piece of iron.

Replaced an older vintage of the same thing, minus the rear doors.

Heck, I spotted a new VW Beetle in the Enterprise rental lot at Knorr and Rising Sun in NE Philly this morning.
    Yep, those are occasional rentals. I know a friend of mine got one last year. Jettas and Passats are common rentals too, and Tiguan/Touareg are not unknown.

Today's sightings - Altima non rental, another white Gran Coupe, Fusion.
    Don't see too many but spotted one today. For some reason it looks smaller than the previous generation, at least the size of the rear doors - they look shorter. Maybe it's just the lines.

Looks decent, and I always liked the looks of the previous generation too, just hated the cheapo Cobalt interior.