Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    At Fitzgerald Hyundai White Flint.

Not as big as expected, 3rd row will be for tots only.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    that is the problem with mid size 3 rows utes. The seat is barely usable, and if it is up you have no cargo space.

basically OK for running a few extra kids around town, as long as they don't have sports gear!

last year I rode in the 3rd row of an MDX> It was painful.

if you really need 3 rows, you need a minivan. Unless you don't mind driving a Suburban.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    Imagine the third row in my Mom's RAV 4. :sick:

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I couldn't believe they ever tried that. I looked at one, and couldn't imagine ever using it.

I guess no one else did either, since they got rid of it in the redesign. Much better as a space for the spare tire!

Yep, the 3rd row is gone, and probably shouldn't ever have been there in the first place.

The new RAV4 looks smaller, or is it just an impression? I remember the last one had different wheelbases, the US model was longer than the one that Europe got. Wonder if they went to just one now?
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    New RAV is two inches shorter in length, half an inch taller, basically same width. Mostly, its a styling trick.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Is the European model the same size now? I wonder.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    And the length difference is probably just the result of moving the spare tire inside.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    3rd row? When we test drove a RAV4 in Fall, 2011, I thought the 2nd row felt like a jump seat...

I didn't like it, at all... (well.. the 268 hp V-6 wasn't bad.. )

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Great engine, the 2GR. For a while that was Toyota's quickest vehicle to 60mph.

Ironic!
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    I feel like I am seeing 100 new ES per day, now. Also saw a silver Tesla sedan - silver is so played out, it is even boring on that vehicle.

Senior director level manager (aka big bucks) at work talked to me today, told me he is thinking about a Leaf. He now drives a 5er and his wife has a Highlander. Gas prices are irking him. I told him to go for it and take a drive, it might suit his commuting grind well.
    I think it has decent low-speed acceleration, too.

Also saw a new ES today, impatient driver was honking at people, LOL.

Then I saw a new Accord V6 with Christmas lights (LEDs under the head lights).
    qbrozen has a Leaf...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,386
    I watched as a couple of good-sized people got into their Scion iQ. It was a little like watching one of those circus clown car acts in reverse but once in they looked pretty comfortable. It is amazingly small for a four-seater, it appears to be no larger than the 2-seat Smart Car.

I'm seeing a fair number of those out here and Fiat 500s seem to be selling well too (not much bigger than the iQ).

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Electric torque, too bad all good things come to an end.

Saw an ES again today, along with probably the same silver Tesla from yesterday, a yellow Dart, and a new style RAV4.

Regarding horns, I told myself the new car would mellow out my horn use(gotta wake up these distracted dolts, the lights don't stay green forever) - it probably has, but I know what it sounds like now :shades:
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    One thing I noticed is, the nicer the car you are driving, the more distracted and idiotic the other drivers seem to be.
    edited March 2013
    For me, the faster the car I am in, the more clueless the idiots around me. I used the E55 horn a lot more than I use the fintail's horn - but it doesn't get used zero, either.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No wonder I never have any stories for Inconsiderate Drivers, Lemko.

It's all clear now. :D
    Yeah... it's all based on your own fear of loss.... :P

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol, yeah, I have nightmares that I'm going to experience unintended acceleration pulling into my garage and wind up totaling both the Outback and the Quest. Oh, the humanity (not to mention the $5,000 loss!).
    Spotted a new BMW 650i Gran Coupe on the road, today... That's the 4-door version of the 6-series... It's very nice...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    I like the 650i too, the 4 door one, one of my fav BMW's on the market today.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

Saw a white Gran Coupe this morning, and some kind of electric motorcycle.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Saw a black Tesla over the weekend with Mass plates. I guess the suit by the auto dealers to block Tesla in MA isn't working.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...red Dodge Dart near Montour and Levick in NE Philly.
    Darts must be getting out there finally. I saw a black one (or was it red?) yesterday, and a white one today.

Saw a privately owned Verano and a white Tesla sedan this morning.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I spotted my first Ford C-Max in the parking garage at work today. It had that ehh styling to it in natural light.

Odie
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Selling briskly, I'm seeing lots of them.

Spotted a new RR yesterday, what a beast. Looking forward to checking it out in NY. :shades:
  • iwant12iwant12 Member Posts: 269
    A surgeon I work with bought a new black Tesla S and gave me a quick spin around the block yesterday. Impressive acceleration for sure, kinda strange, though, without any exhaust note. Not so sure I like the interior that much. While the seat was comfortable, it could use a better center console with real cupholders. For that kind of money I'd get a BMW or a Benz.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    Do you know which version it is?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Saw a white Tesla S today, probably one of the ones I've seen before. Also a couple of new Fusions with private plates, don't seem to be as rental-happy as before.
    It's an S model. He said he checked off every box when he ordered it 4 months ago.
    I've seen a few new Fusions as well. Still think the lower trim levels make the car look fat and droopy. Hard to explain but everytime I see one go by it looks like the thing is weighed down like they've got a full load of people when there's nobody actually in it!

I actually think I would spend a couple of bucks more and buy a Taurus instead :blush:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2013
    The S is the model, but there are various levels of batteries and power. I was just curious because all the reviews so far have been of the top-of-the-line range/power version and I'd like to know more about the base version as far as real-world range and power. I'm actually not sure the base is available yet. That's the one that is supposed to start at something like $55k.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I've seen a surprising amount of hybrids.

For the Taurus, the facelift isn't bad.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    The new Range Rover in white in the neighborhood. The tires look like rubber bands on those big rims...perfect for off-roading I'm sure.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

edited March 2013
    I think he paid around 90 for it. It's the Performance series. He said it could go 500 miles per charge, but the website says more like 265 miles per charge. I'll ask him again next time I see him what kind of mileage he's getting. The base (53 K) on the website says it achieves 160 miles per charge. Heck, I could drive to work, drive to the lake afterward, and back home easily on that.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    "He said it could go 500 miles per charge"

He's going to be sorely disappointed. Guess it's like 'that baby'll do 170' or 'yep, gets 70 mpg'...
    Saw a dirty dark colored Tesla sedan today, unplated, and a new SantaFe Sport with decent body damage down the passenger side.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    Yesterday on the highway there were 2 black Range Rovers in front of me. While still in sight, another black Range Rover and a black Evoque passed me.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    I think the long wheel base and the lower body kit type style contribute to this.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I've yet to see a Dart outside of rentals, kind of odd given how long it's been out.
    Saw a new MKZ yesterday, silver 2.0 Ecoboost. Not a bad looking car, but definitely not the car Lincoln needs to make a comeback, much less survive.
    I see a lot of new Fusions as well. The front is appealing but for me it's just too big, the back goes on forever. If I wasn't a car guy I would have picked up the last generation when they were trying to unload them for $7k off. Decent car for the money.
    Saw an Audi A1, a first.

Then an older Skyline.

A new Hyundai minivan, not a 12 passenger model but not an Entourage either.

Mazda Demio, also. Lots of small cars and transport vans there, basically.

They drive on the left and that reminded me of my visits to Suriname.
    Spotted my first, looked like a non X/T model with all the trimmings. I didn't realize they were on sale yet.

Also a gorgeous weekend brought out all the "toys" so a few Lexus IS convertibles, a couple of new Z4's, SLK's, a 911 Turbo Cabrio...
    I'd have expected some exotics in a shady money hideout like the Caymans.
    edited April 2013
    Only a couple, an older SL .... can't remember the others.

Saw tons of that in Miami on my way back. Probably drug money.

It is funny, though. "World Headquarters" with only 6 staff there.
    Oh yeah, Miami is a paradise for untraceable money. When I was there last year, I saw more exotics on South Beach than I could count - and don't ask where the money comes from.

I would have expected Caymans to be like Switzerland in a way, but maybe just not enough of a road network to make a cool car fun.