Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    Saw a new Impala LTZ on the road - pano, fancier wheels, etc, it was red, not a rental.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Black Fiat 500-L with white roof on Bingham Street near Robbins in NE Philly.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,303
    a new ES hybrid
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Black, and going gangbusters on the Interstate (at least 85) before cutting over three lanes to an exit.

Dealer plates.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    Encore.... Tiny little sucker.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Haven't seen one yet at the airports but I like them. A bit too pricey but bet they'll be quieter than the Sparks I've driven. Buicks tend to do a nice job with their noise reduction and interiors as the Chevy looks decent enough though a bit low rent.

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

You can hear a pin drop at 80mph in my Lacrosse.

The Lacrosse and Regal I did drive was extremely quiet and was very impressed even though I only drove them each for under 10 minutes. I've not been able to snag any Buick product for an extended run yet as someone always seems to walk a bit faster to the particular vehicle than I do. In fact, yesterday was the first time I was right in front of a vehicle I wanted to drive that was chosen to go to the auction so I grabbed it even though my co-worker tried to nudge me out of the way...he did it in fun so we both laughed but he actually gave me a small body slam to move me away! I know my time will come to get a Buick for a longer trip once season ramps up again...gotta try that Verano!!!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited August 2013
    >You can hear a pin drop at 80mph in my Lacrosse.

Just returned from a trip to Pure Michigan Saturday at 78 mph and can carry on a normal voice conversation in a 2003 leSabre with 160,000 mi and Michelins worn about 60%. Cobalt also has a similar quiet ability although there's some air noise from underneath above 70 mph (new Michelins).

[IMG] http://www.michigan.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/PureMichigan.jpg [/IMG]

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I've driven a similar vintage LeSabre and yes very quiet, my 98 Eighty Eight (same basic car I believe) wasn't bad either.

I recently drove the 04 Grand Marquis from south Jersey to Richmond and was surprised how quiet that thing still is. Managed to squeak out 25 MPG running at 75-85 the whole way. Not bad for a dinosaur!

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I actually saw a very basic new Impala LS on the road with cloth interior, so they are not all loaded ones on the lot. No rental sticker on it, but an old guy was driving it.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    I was at the SLC airport a few weeks ago. Avis had the new Impalas everywhere. Not a bad looking car.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

I think the Impala is a pretty sharp car too and it's styling lines and cues may actually stay fresh longer than some of the new Ford stuff, but of course styling is a very subjective and individual thing. Unfortunately, the large sedan is a shrinking market I'm afraid. I think if GM had put that kind of styling effort into the Malibu they'd have a home run on their hands. It gives me some hope that GM might be starting to return to it's former styling leadership! I guess time will tell the story one way or the other.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    I was in Boston over the weekend and I had my car parked in two different garages during that time. Each one had an Avis rental hub and not one of them had the new Impala. Old ones sure, but no new ones so far. They had a ton of Cruzes and quite a few Rentibus, but no Impalas. Oh, they even had a couple of Volts as well.

I was kind of disappointed because it could have given me a chance to view one up close without having to deal with going to a dealer and getting the runaround...

Still a pretty scarce car here in N.E. I have only seen 2 on the roads so far.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I was in Boston over the weekend and I had my car parked in two different garages during that time. Each one had an Avis rental hub and not one of them had the new Impala.

Probably because the Impalas are at the airport location. Boston is in full tourist mode at this time of year and the hotel locations are geared toward residents renting for the day or weekend.
    Now that the tech is out there and with the success of the Caddy ATS, hopefully the next generation Malibu will get the attention it needs to be one of the best midsizers out there. We drove one up to West Palm yesterday, an LTZ unit, and it is a looker but the interior is still a disappointment unfortunately. It drives well enough but it's really dated compared to the new Sonata I also drove yesterday...it just feels so old school. If GM just gets all the pieces to fit, it could give the Accord and others a good run for the $ as there are many folks who want to purchase American and the Buick Regal being a bit to expensive.

GM knows what they have to do and I know they will step up to the plate with the next generation Malibu.

The Sandman

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511
    and saw a huge # of the new Rav4s. Wife thinks they are ugly, but they must be selling a ton of them.

also saw a number of the C Maxx Fords. either they are finally getting out there, or just a coincidence.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Lots of the RAV are rentals, too.

Saw an ATS rental today, barcode read LCAR (luxury class).
    Fin, saw a black Fintail like yours over by the Sixt place here in Lauderdale...it's been there for a few months now and never seems to move. A real sharp vehicle!!

The Sandman

My second in the wild - this one was parked in front of a Fresh Market (upscale grocery).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Must be spending all of their saved gas money...

We like to go to Fresh Market, but mostly just to window shop. They have some specialty items that are harder to find at regular grocery, but a lot of their staples are just overpriced... Looks good, though..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ha, local dealer to me must have at least 50 Leafs sitting around the lot, they even used an adjacent vacant lot to store them. Seriously.

I've been in podunk areas for several days now, haven't seen any remarkable new cars. No Teslas out here!
    Fresh Market has really nice flowers so we usually grab some for my mom. Got a good deal on a two pack of orchids this time and gave some to my sister-in-law for putting us up.

Camping last night got me thinking (actually it was the rudenik who cranked his rattling diesel rig up and swamped the campground with fumes, but that's a different discussion), you'd think more cop shops would embrace hybrids and plug-ins. Using just the EV mode, they'd be able to sneak around the neighborhoods more easily, especially with some quiet tires on.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...white 2014 Chevrolet Impala travelling north on Bingham Street near Levick in NE Philly.
    That big diesel truck was probably also registered as a commercial vehicle and is being used as a business expense. They do that in WA anyway - and I think the older ones have no emissions equipment, and the newer ones remove it. When you see a 00s era truck "rolling coal" being driven by the stereotypical compensator driver, you know something had been modified.

Cops also like to catch people and go on adrenaline-filled chases, not going to happen in a hybrid or especially something like a Leaf. I don't think an EV is going to be any sneakier than a slow moving conventional patrol car either.
    It wasn't all that big though - just an F-150 size, not even a double cab.
    Dodge diesel pickup drivers seem to be the best at the loud annoying truck. It doesn't take more than a rig driven by a wannabe cowboy who lives in a tract house and works in a suburban office complex (it's hilarious how much of that exists in the PNW - gotta have a truck for the yearly trip to Home Depot!).
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I'd love a video game where I can blow up Dodge 2500 diesel trucks and Harley Davidsons. (without occupants, of course).

If you've ever ridden a bicycle in traffic, you'd understand.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    A guy I know with one of those Dodge diesel pickups talked about how he was going to tweak it 'to get 30mpg, like a friend of mine did'. I just had to bite my tongue....
    Lots of people put various 'chips' in them, but it sounds risky.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    Those add-on controllers are risky, for sure. Long discussion on another forum about how a guy fried his $50k Ford diesel with one, brand new, and of course Ford AND the controller maker said 'tough luck'...OUCH.
    So he's going to tow it half the time with a larger truck?
    edited August 2013
    Often the same group own both. With occupants wouldn't be much of a loss either.

http://youtu.be/ZdDxjge5hmY

Only in a second or third world area, which is a lot of the country.
    bad karma, that.
    edited August 2013
    Fun comments there.

It's really past time that such trucks have license endorsement requirements. Of course, that wouldn't be "business friendly", so there's no chance. Especially now that I am visiting in a less urban area, I see a lot of stupidly driven large trucks on the road.
    Scion FR-S, with FR-S vanity plates.
    While out this morning I saw a Scion coupe in an odd color that looked like metallic grey primer. It seems like Ford and Toyota share a trait of occasionally putting out an odd and ugly color that generally only sticks around for one model year. But flubbing a grey; usually it's some green, yellow or purplish hue when it happens.
    and the point of those license plates...is? LOL!
    The plates were a big help to me to help me ID the car.....
    True, all new cars should have bar codes that you can swipe with your cell phone to make an ID.
    If there's not already an app where you can snap a photo and have the car identified, this group should write one. The posters in here could do it in real time!
    "True, all new cars should have bar codes that you can swipe with your cell phone to make an ID."

Careful buddy or the Snowden paranoia people will be chastising you for that thought!
    Yeah, probably would be illegal--well it would only identify the car not who owns it.
    Saw a looooaded A7 TDi today, 77K sticker.
    edited August 2013
    Only if a money sucking fake private sector company like BAH is involved (insert broken down car emotorcon)
    New car has popped up in the spot next to mine at home - new style Malibu, not a rental. Parked next to a new Mazda 6. Lots of newer cars in the garage these days.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,388
    Lately I've noticed some new AWD wagon joining the automobile fleet in NH. I've seen several not- very-Mini Paceman All4s in various colors. I was prepared not to like them because they'e just too big for a Mini Cooper but the grey/green example I saw with dark grey-spoker wheels looked cool in a butchy way.

I've seen two or three new Audi (A4) Allroads today in black and silver. They are not much bigger than my old '98 A4 Avant/B5 but ride a bit higher-- nice looking cars that split the difference between a CUV and a station wagon nicely.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Went by a high end body shop today to get advice on my little paint chip (they said just touch it up, not worth performing an actual repair - yes, I am OCD) - there was a Tesla S with no front clip, and a C63 coupe with side damage. I also remember I saw a Panamera Hybrid the other day.
    Today I spotted an Equus with private plates, an Acura soft-roader with 754 headlights, and an Infiniti Q50.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Fin: What are "754" headlights?