Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    That's exactly it... They tried this stunt on my mother. I was about 20 years old, and I told the salesman that if he didn't have the keys in her hand in 30 seconds, he was getting his --- kicked..

Sort of the same thing... especially, since I hadn't hit anyone since I was 12 yrs old, and wasn't really planning on trying it then, either.. ;-)

Worked, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298
    I went with my mother to buy her Fiesta a couple of years ago, she was close to 81 at the time.
    When the salesman asked if he could have her keys to check her trade in, she reached in her pocketbook and put them on the desk.
    Then she reached in her pocketbook again, held up another set of keys, and said, 'I brought my spares with me'.
    It caught me completely off guard and I was mortified.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Way to go, Mom! lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Just spotted a new Blue Corolla S on my walk at lunch and a company down the street from me has a Black Model S in the parking lot. Also saw a brand new Mazda 3 hatch last evening, what a looker.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    Grey Cruze diesel on the freeway. Far right lane, going about 55mph. Seems like someone was going for a high score on the mpg reading.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,136
    Saw one of my favorite local new cars - a white on white BMW Gran Coupe. What a combination.

Also saw a 2014 E-class, these seem to be selling very well.
    Gorgeous Model S in white of all colors. Best color I've seen on this puppy.

And another Corolla S at Starbucks this morning, this one in red. Ironically parked next to a new Rav4 in Green. It was like Christmas...
  • ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    Saw one in a parking lot yesterday, while walking to lunch. Wasn't at all sure what I was looking at, first one I ever saw.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Suzuki, actually.

That's a clone of the compact GM pickups. Basically a place holder in dealerships to fill a void in their lineup.
    C63 AMG. Dear lord that thing sounds incredible and goes like stink...
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,388
    I saw a new Range Rover Sport, parked downtown. I could tell it was the new design by the way the roof sloped down @ the rear (ala RR Evoque).
    It was snow white but managed to look good in spite of that.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    ...while out today:

black Jaguar XF
    white Viper driven by a blond guy wearing Ray Ban aviators and a green sweater over his shoulders
    brown Buick Encore
    "white Viper driven by a blond guy wearing Ray Ban aviators and a green sweater over his shoulders"

LOL, did he take a detour from Santa Barbara to San Diego by way of New England or something?
    LOL, did he take a detour from Santa Barbara to San Diego by way of New England or something?

He must have been on his way to Greenwich from Nantucket.
    New Cadenza, looked pretty nice. CX-5, looks pretty plain.
  • ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    edited October 2013
    Suzuki, actually

You're correct, it is a Suzuki, not a Subaru.

That's a clone of the compact GM pickups.

That part turns out not to be correct. Quoting from Wikipedia:

The Suzuki Equator is a mid-size pickup truck based on the Nissan Frontier and assembled by Nissan.

Sales of the Suzuki Equator since 2009 have been 5,808 overall, and it rarely sells over 200 units per month.

Easy to understand why I've never seen one before.
    Nothing really special about them IMO, but they seem to be selling rather well already. Already as common a sighting as the new RAV4...

Reworked XC60, I like the subtle changes like the integrated exhaust and a sleek new Mahogany color.

Spotted a few more Model S's in Providence, RI area.
    Also saw a new Tundra with MA plates (sold) and another out for a test drive. The looks of it aren't as bad as the pictures and for some reason the paint and chrome work I found very rich. It's a pretty classy looking rig IMO...
    Probably a 5 layer pearl white paint job. You get what you pay for. :shades:
    I bet he was playing the soundtrack from Risky Business.
    I saw a Cadenza on K street the other day.

Nicer than the Azera twin.

Also saw a Versa Note. I like it better than the sedan, and much better than the old hatch. All it needs is the Juke's powertrain and it would be a cute little hot hatch.
    I stand corrected.

The GM clone was badged as an Isuzu.

Both of those are no longer on the roads. ;)
    Yesterday in eastern WA I saw a truckload of new Infinitis, headed for Spokane I am sure. Mostly Q50s and a few soft roaders.
    2 new Tundras both black Limiteds.

Q50 in a gun-metal grey color, looking better and better each time. It's a nice update IMO.

Green Corolla, base model, hubcaps...

A couple of new RLX's and Cadenzas, I think the Cadenza is nicer.
    There's an Infiniti dealer 2 miles away so I see new Q50s on the daily. Looks better in person than in photos. I'll have to test drive one at some point.
    Saw a RLX out here in the small town world, kind of odd as the nearest dealer must be nearly 2 hours away,
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    on the highway. I caught it from behind. Distinctive rear end for sure. Did not know what it was until I got close enough to read the (giant) lettering on the butt. Unique styling. Might not be for everyone, but you do notice it!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    In Amsterdam; saw the new BMW i3 today. Silver with the black roof. Bigger in person than it appears in the pictures.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Saw several of those in Times Square this weekend. Made me think they might be using them as livery cars?
    I saw a new RLX yesterday, too.
    Very plain with some strange styling.
    Quad exhaust pipe, but they were hidden and there were these bright sliver trim pieces in the bottom corners of the rear bumper.
    It looked like they changed their mind about the exhaust styling at the last minute and eliminated the through the bumper style.
    Rear lights looked cheap, too.
    It looks like they literally added a drive train to the front of an 8x12 cargo trailer.
    Look at the rear suspension and you will see what I mean.
    edited October 2013
    It's like a 4:3 scale Accord. I don't understand that car.

On the new car note, I spotted an E250 Bluetec sitting on the local lot, so I had to stop by and have it started so I could hear it. There's definitely a minor amount of more noise, but I don't mind that. EPA highway mpg estimate is 10 more than the V6 - with 4Matic no less. I am very curious about this car.

Shots of the 2015 C-class interior have been officially released, too - a mix of good and bad. I like the upmarket HVAC controls, dislike the static tablet style screen.
    That looks like my custom setup on my van - my Magellan actually resembles that and sits in the same position, at the top/center of the dash.

It does look tacked on but they needed a lot of space, and being closer to the driver should help make the maps legible. I'm sure M-B will use a sharp, HD display.
    Parked on pedestals outside an assembly plant in Toledo.
    It'll be a nice big screen anyway. Maybe I will warm up to it. A HD display might make it worth it. The current display, although the interface is far from the most efficient, is still one of the best at any price point.

When I went to look at the E, salesman (who is an enthusiast) dropped a hint that a C wagon might be coming. C250 diesel 4Matic wagon would have me buying instead of leasing.
    The execution will be so important...done well it could be eye candy. A low quality pixelated display would be an eye sore.

I wouldn't mind that smaller diesel engine given my GPS says my average speed is a whopping 22 mph in DC traffic. It used to be 20mph so I changed my commute path to a longer, more scenic route.

I had a C wagon loaner once, from a Subaru dealer, of all places. Made me scratch my head as Fitz doesn't have an M-B franchise.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    Hope thieves don't think it's removable...
    I wonder if it's the same unit from the CLA. I haven't seen one operate in person.

The smaller unit will return better mpg overall. I can average around 40 on the highway, but in my sub-20mph commute, am usually down around 23-25.

The C wagon seemed to have a following the few short years it was here, but I guess soft roader profit margins are higher.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Didn't even notice the model of car but there's a Tom Tom camera car cruising around the UP right now.
    I've thought of that too. BMW is using a similar design in some models as well. At least the Audi screen retracts (although once the car gets old, who knows).
    Saw another new Corolla today - they'll sell by the boatload. That wheel gap. Design reminds me of a heavily decontended Chinese version of a Lexus IS, somehow.
    I saw a Corolla myself this AM. It was parked in my neighbor's driveway. Recent college grad must have gotten a job - at least she was smart enough to get a Corolla rather than leasing a 3/C/IS like many feel the need to do while living at home.
    Base has 15" steelies, but the S comes with 17" rims. They must be leaving room for those? Wheel sizes have just gotten silly.

I remember the day Chevy announced 17"s would be available on the Corvette, LOL.
    Of course, the Corolla easily could be a lease too. With subsidized highline leases, the payment might not be much different. Like the kids say, yolo ;)
    Even with 17s, it might be noticeable (and the Corolla S continues to make me snicker). The one I saw was definitely a base car. The cars around it were a Sonata and an old RL, both of which looked like lowriders in comparison. Makes a Mazda 3 look that much more appealing.

I remember looking at a Rolls Royce in a showroom about 10 years ago, it had 19" wheels - they seemed like something off a truck.
    Of course, the Corolla easily could be a lease too. With subsidized highline leases, the payment might not be much different. Like the kids say, yolo

Knowing this family, it's probably not a lease.

And if it were, leases on 2014 Corollas are as low as $159 a month. At that price, I'd consider leasing!!
    Maybe the car was a gift from mommy and daddy then, to go along with the no doubt free ride in school and housing.

This time of year, entry highline leases can be cheap too, definitely under 300 for C250 or 320 - for just a few dollars more per day ;)
    Gotta give them credit for high residuals...wow.

I spend more than that on fuel.
    Maybe the car was a gift from mommy and daddy then, to go along with the no doubt free ride in school and housing.

It may have been but I doubt it. Pretty solid middle class family - no Mommy/Daddy please can I have pretensions. Mom (teacher) and Dad (engineer) drive a Tacoma and a Camry. House is nothing special. They mow their own lawn and rake their own leaves.
    Sounds like people who just don't get excited about cars. She made a good choice then.