Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Canada

Comments

• charlie21charlie21 Member Posts: 4
    Either way, whether you purchase or lease, what's the point of throwing money at a car you aren't confident in? Why not look for another car?
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Probably because the positives outweigh any concern over reliability. That's why the German brands still thrive despite their less-than-stellar reliability records.
  • lucoluco Member Posts: 4
    Well, I dont' wanna take civic for its outrageous insurance cost and incredible stolen rate in the area I live; no corolla for the access-toyota policy running at Quebec, no nissan for the car is really small, then comes to the Mazda3, one of the hottest car recently. I guess I will give it a try, since I am not a fan of domestic compact cars anyway.
  • luckyphilluckyphil Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been answered somewhere on this site, but I've spent an hour looking with no luck.
    Does anyone know the invoice price for a MZ3 hatchback GT for a 2007 or a 2006?

I'm going to post on the Pricing forum as well, but it seems like it's only US prices there... and I'm in Calgary.

Thanks!
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    Canadian invoice prices are less easy to find than those of the US. To get a rough idea try adjusting the US price by adding 12% as the exchange rate. The US and Canadian models are comparable but not always the same.
  • luckyphilluckyphil Member Posts: 3
    Okay. Thanks!
    Actually you may find that Canadian prices are more than 12% higher than US prices. Manufacturers have not adjusted their Canadian prices to reflect the more favourable Can/US exchange rates. :mad: You need to subscribe to Carcostcanada.com to get dealer invoice prices. I'm not sure about 2007 prices, but for previous model years, there wasn't a big spread between MSRP and invoice. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the spread was less than $2K.
    You need to subscribe to Carcostcanada.com to get dealer invoice prices.

Did you subscribe? There are others that provide a similar service for a fee including APA (Automobile Protection Association).
    Yes, I have subscribed to Carcostcanada. But it's not an unlimited subscription in that you can look up the invoice cost for an unlimited number of models. Essentially you pay for each model you look up. You can pay piece-meal or you can buy a package.
  • vmokhutovvmokhutov Member Posts: 23
    Hello happy mazda 3 owners. I am thinking of buying mazda3 2.0L with manual tranny and from some reviews I know that driving mazda at 110 km/h and over engine revs are pretty high. What can you tell about engine noise at that speed and road noise. How you'd compare it with other cars.
    Thanks for your feedback. Enjoy your cars.
  • jodys4jodys4 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2004 Mazda3 and I am noticing the floating bumper is out further than the rear fender. It seems like the clips do not hold the floating bumper in place. I have asked Mazda service department and they indicated that it is a non issue but I disagree. Have anybody else noticed this issue with the Mazda3? Does anybody know what causes this problem?
  • lucoluco Member Posts: 4
    I just owned the new 2007 GS auto for 2 weeks. I didn't find the engine noisy at a relatively high speed. The rev is always under 3, most times at 2. Again I have never pushed too hard on the car since it's still fresh. Anyway I don't feel it has any problem to reach 110. In fact it's still under 3 when I goes on 140KM/h one time.
  • markb3markb3 Member Posts: 23
    Looking at trading my 2004 Mazda3 GS (64,000kms) with Automatic for a 2007 3GS with Auto. Anyone have a suggestion on what the price difference should be.
    With the Canadian - US dollars at par what justifies the significant difference in vehicle pricing? In the case of the Mazdaspeed3 the difference is close to $7500 or roughly 30%. Here is what Mazda Canada told me when I posed that question to them last month.

"From: MCI - Customer Relations [mailto:MCIC/R@mazda.ca]
    Sent: September 19, 2007 3:03 PM

Thank you for your taking the time to write to Mazda Canada Inc. We welcome correspondence from Mazda owners and are pleased to offer clarification when ever possible.

Pricing in the U.S. and Canada is different because we are significantly differing markets. The United States has a significantly greater ability for volume purchasing than other smaller markets such as Canada. It is no different than any other retail market. Please understand that Mazda Canada Inc. does not compete with its U.S. counterpart. As such, changes in the Canadian product pricing will likely be driven by the Canadian auto market as a whole rather than currency market fluctuations or other markets.

Should the strength of the Canadian currency prove to be long-lasting, we have no doubt that all Canadian manufacturers and distributors, including Mazda Canada Inc., will consider re-visiting their pricing.

Regards,
    Mazda Canada Inc."

p.s. Regarding the lack of competition mentioned, dealerships are forbidden to do so with new vehicles.
    A head of a consumer group is recommending that consumers hold off their purchases of new vehicles until 2008 to send a message to dealers and manufacturers that they have to respond to the rise of Canadian currency. In effect, this would represent a boycott of Canadian dealerships that are not acting responsibly. Canadian prices are well over any threshold of reasonableness in terms of vehicle pricing. We are not discussing differences of 10% here but closer to 30% and more! There is a need for more transparency and honesty in order for consumers to understand how prices are set. Manufacturers and dealers need to realize that they are alienating their client base by not addressing this issue.
  • groovypippingroovypippin Member Posts: 264
    You cannot blame dealers for the price disparity between the US and Canada. It is entirely the manufacturers' responsibility to set MSRP in both countries.
    Yes, but the dealers are our only link to the manufacturers since we have to buy thru a dealer, not directly from the manufacturers. So, you could say the dealers and salespeople are "innocent" collateral damage, but so what, they're a bunch of greedy, sleazy bastards anyway. :mad:
    collateral damage ... bunch of greedy, sleazy bastards

I would not subscribe to either of those views. I think it would be fair to say that both the manufacturers and dealers are players in this environment. As players, they should be pushing up the food chain (i.e. to Mazda HQ) the message they are hearing from the floor: Mazda has to respond meaningfully to consumers questions about Canadian pricing with the major currency change. There are many creative messages that can be delivered if there is the recognition of the importance of retaining their client base.
    Should the strength of the Canadian currency prove to be long-lasting, we have no doubt that all Canadian manufacturers and distributors, including Mazda Canada Inc., will consider re-visiting their pricing. Regards, Mazda Canada Inc."

The message is getting through.

In a recent issue of the Globe and Mail, Jeremy Cato quotes Don Romano, the head of Mazda Canada on Mazda Canada's response to the price issue.
    Don Romano is in surprisingly, impressively good spirits for a president who has just authorized the biggest discounting in the history of Mazda Canada. This month, Mazda announced that it is offering zero-per-cent financing for five years on every model in Mazda Canada's lineup. ... Of all the issues and challenges he's faced in that time, nothing quite matches the pricing situation that is the talk of the auto industry and consumers in Canada. The rapid rise in the dollar has cornered auto makers. They have been forced to offer discounts unheard of before and which are unsustainable over the long haul, most executives and analysts argue. "Incentives are driven 100 per cent by consumers' reluctance to buy, based on what they see in U.S. pricing," he says.
    Should the strength of the Canadian currency prove to be long-lasting, we have no doubt that all Canadian manufacturers and distributors, including Mazda Canada Inc., will consider re-visiting their pricing. Regards, Mazda Canada Inc."

The message is getting through.

In a recent issue of the Globe and Mail, Jeremy Cato quotes Don Romano, the head of Mazda Canada on Mazda Canada's response to the price issue.

Don Romano is in surprisingly, impressively good spirits for a president who has just authorized the biggest discounting in the history of Mazda Canada. This month, Mazda announced that it is offering zero-per-cent financing for five years on every model in Mazda Canada's lineup. ... Of all the issues and challenges he's faced in that time, nothing quite matches the pricing situation that is the talk of the auto industry and consumers in Canada. The rapid rise in the dollar has cornered auto makers. They have been forced to offer discounts unheard of before and which are unsustainable over the long haul, most executives and analysts argue. "Incentives are driven 100 per cent by consumers' reluctance to buy, based on what they see in U.S. pricing," he says.
    That is indeed good news!

Of all the mass market brands, I think BMW is one of the few, if not only, manufacturer that is still holding out. They are offering only negligible purchase incentives, at least what they have publicly announced. Perhaps there are bigger factory to dealers rebates that have not been made public --- that I don't know.
  • ex_tdierex_tdier Member Posts: 277
    Hogwash. The typical consumer would rather see the sticker price lowered and additional rebates offered. Sure, 0% financing is definitely a plus but our interest rates have been very good (low) for some time now. It's all bunk that they're offering this financing due to the higher Canadian dollar. I got my 5 year financing 3 years ago @3%.

What this translates to is the dealers will not be budging much from the MSRP. Just like what Toyota is doing. Don't kid yourself and believe into their propoganda and start thinking they're giving you a deal. It's still a heckuva lot cheaper to buy in the US.
    the dealers will not be budging much from the MSRP .... Don't kid yourself and believe into their propoganda and start thinking they're giving you a deal. It's still a heckuva lot cheaper to buy in the US.

You are missing the drift: Mazda Canada is starting to move in the right direction. I agree with you that it is not enough. But after all, it took a while for the industry to get to this point. Gradually, we should start seeing more responsible pricing on this side of the border otherwise the Canadian dealerships are going to suffer.

I predict the next step will be price incentives in the spring. Additionally, I expect older models (like the Mazda6) will be heavily discounted. What will really change things is the closure of a dealership ... that will be the writing on the wall.

As consumers, the question we should be asking is: Why do you expect me to pay an unreasonable price for your vehicle?
    February 4, 2008

Mazda announces mid-year enhancements to Mazda3

Richmond Hill, Ontario - Mazda has announced mid-year enhancements to its Mazda3 line-up, including a new entry-level Mazda3 Sport GX model for the 2008 model year.

Unique to Canada in the North American market, the new 2008.5 Mazda3 Sport GX uses the same 148-horsepower, 2.0-litre engine found in the current Mazda3 GX and GS sedans. The new trim line includes 15-inch steel wheels, body-coloured grille, GFX front and rear bumpers, fog lamps, anti-lock brakes, side and curtain airbags and CD stereo with four speakers. An available Comfort Package adds power locks and windows, power heated mirrors, keyless entry, illuminated entry, wheel-mounted audio controls, spoiler and 15-inch alloy wheels.

Air conditioning and an automatic transmission are also available as options.

The Mazda3 Sport GS now receives air conditioning, rear spoiler, cruise control and two additional speakers as standard equipment, while the Mazda3 Sport GT receives additional standard equipment, including Xenon headlamps; its Luxury Package now also adds a power driver's seat and Bose audio with Sirius satellite radio.

The Mazda3 sedan also receives additional equipment content, with the GX gaining two extra speakers and body-coloured mirrors, along with a Comfort Package similar to the Sport GX.

The GS sedan receives body-coloured grille and standard 16-inch alloy wheels, previously available as a GS Sport Package, and will have only a stand-alone sunroof as an option. Similar to the Sport GT, the Mazda3 sedan GT receives Xenon headlamps and additions to its Luxury Package.

Pricing for the models will be available at a later date.

It will be interesting to see how Mazda deals with the recent rise of the Canadian dollar in its pricing. Several manufacturers are introducing New Canadian pricing to address the issue. Unfortunately, this is not across the board and is sometimes applied only to higher end models. As a consumer we should insist on having a clear explanation why Canadian prices do not match US prices considering our dollars are at par and the models are virtually identical.

It will be interesting to see how Mazda deals with the recent rise of the Canadian dollar in its pricing. Several manufacturers are introducing New Canadian pricing to address the issue. Unfortunately, this is not across the board and is sometimes applied only to higher end models. As a consumer we should insist on having a clear explanation why Canadian prices do not match US prices considering our dollars are at par and the models are virtually identical.
    Mazda Canada has been addressing the price issue with 0% financing over 60 months which saves most buyers a major whack of cash.
    Too bad traction and stability control is not part of the mid-year enhancements. :cry:
    Mazda Canada has been addressing the price issue with 0% financing over 60 months which saves most buyers a major whack of cash.

They have had competitive rates for financing for a while. I bought my Protege5 in 2002 with a 1.9% for 36 month finance rate. In my case, the 1.9% worked out to an additional $500 in interest charges. But when I compare the price with interest in Canada to that of the same vehicle in the US (with higher interest rates) there is still a huge disadvantage for the average deal in Canada. Take as a simple example, the case of the Mazdaspeed 3 priced in Canada and in the US.

I was hoping MazdaCanada would demonstrate leadership and provide an incentive that showed they understood the price difference and adjusted in within several hundred dollars.
    Where did you get this information from? I don't think it's on the Mazda website.

Hmm.....sounds to me like you work for Mazda or their marketing firm.
  • sir_timbitsir_timbit Member Posts: 39
    At the risk of bringing up a topic that a lot of people probably don't want to hear about, I'm choked that Mazda never mailed us ANY kind of notice regarding a recall for the door lock problem on Mazda 3s. We have a 2007 Mazda 3 that got broken into a few months back. Jerks took off with some CDs and an MP3 player. Our car has the tell tale sign of a nice little dent near the door handle on the drivers side. That's all it takes to unlock the car. The recall installs a steel plate that prevents that from happening in the future. We just had that done today.

(If you're not familiar with this problem, just google 'mazda 3 door problem' and you'll get a whole pile of links.) If you haven't already done so, it's definitely in your interest to take your car in and get it checked out. I think the 2008s are OK.

I've had Mazdas in the past and have had letters delivered to me when there were recalls available for my older Mazdas, but not the 3. Instead, I heard about the problem with the Mazda 3's door locks on a talk back radio show of all things! On the plus side, now everyone knows about the problem. On the down side, now everyone knows about the problem!

It is just the kind of problem that Mazda should have handled via a simple little letter. We took it into the dealership we bought it from, they looked up our VIN and saw that our car was on the list for the recall.

Incidentally, my wife and I both love the car and it hasn't caused us any grief of the more conventional nature. But the door lock problem has definitely left a sour note on us and on our friends who own Mazda 3s and who were ALSO broken into. I don't imagine us buying another Mazda in the future. Ours is a 2007 and was still on the recall list. The problem was fixed sometime in the 2007 model year.

Finally, if you bring your car in, note there may be another recall for an oil pan problem.

Simply put, there's no excuse for Mazda not notifying its customers of such a serious problem.

:mad:
  • scwmcanscwmcan Member Posts: 399
    We got the letter back in January (though we have not been notified that the parts were at out dealership to be installed yet). So Mazda isn't ignoring the problem completely, From what I recall they were notifiyng and installing the fix for people in higher probability areas first (and if what you say is true then it sounds like you are in a higher probability area) and then getting to lower hisk areas after (like our area) I though we were close to the ned of the list though, so not sure why you weren't notified (we have 2 3's BTW and are quite happy with them, though it would have been nice if the 2.0 was available in the sport when we bought them would have liked the better milage possible from that engine). As for the news agaencies I think it is very irresponsible of them to reprt the exact details of how to break into a car (or house, like with the recent bump key reports). They can report that there is a problem without gining the details of the problems to the theives so they can break into your car (or house) and steal whatever they like.
    Scott
  • sir_timbitsir_timbit Member Posts: 39
    Well, I'm glad some people are getting letters. You should check with your dealership. I think mine already had the part in stock. I booked the appointment only one week earlier.
  • fibulfibul Member Posts: 1
    Just want to tell you that the Mazda 3 2005 (maybe other years also) has a rust problem on both rear panel and Mazda has an extended warranty to repair it. I had a small accident in January and my rear bumper had to be replaced. The repair was made in March and when I went to get my car back I saw that they had not repaired the chipped paint on the side panel. When I told them they said that it had nothing to do with the accident but with a rust problem with the rear panels and that I would be able to have it fixed for free. When I asked him why he did not tell me that before so they could have fixed it at the same time he told me that Mazda did not want them to tell their customers about it unless they were asked about it! :surprise: So I have an appointment in September to have it fixed for free.

In fact I checked for other rust spots and I have found many... the paint peels off.

Hope this helps you! ;)
    Thanks for the information. The problem occurs also on the predecessor to the Mazda3, the Protege. Mine was fixed in 2005 just after the warranty expired and I paid $200 for the derusting as part of an agreement with MazdaCanada. Most cars are subject to rust, but these cases of premature rusting should be handled openly by the car manufacturer rather than through hidden warranties.

TIP: If you suspect your car is starting to rust prematurely, have it noted on a work order the next time you bring the car into service.
  • zoomzoom_gir1zoomzoom_gir1 Member Posts: 5
    I am currently dealing with very serious corrosion and blistering paint on my 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT. A more detailed explanation of my specific issues is outlined below.

I have heard through responses to my posts at http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25439 from several other Canadians dealing with the same type of corrosion on their vehicles. In the vast majority of cases, their dealerships gave them the same response as I received, that Mazda Canada could not be held accountable (no "perforation" (i.e. hole through the body)) and therefore no compensation would be offered. To put this into perspective, I received estimates ranging from $1100 to fix just the rusted areas to $1800 to also address the blistering!

I am still awaiting the final word from my dealership as to Mazda Canada’s response to my complaint. Following that, I will be sending a registered letter to both Mazda Canada and to my dealership, along with all the pictures of my car (see here: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a38...Mazda3%20rust/ Password is ZoomZoom).

I’d like to compile a list of other Mazda3 owners dealing with a similar situation in order to add weight to my argument that this is a recurring issue with these first generation models. If you would like to get involved in applying pressure to Mazda Canada to take responsibility for what is obviously a manufacturing defect, please sign up here. Or, if you would prefer, send me a PM.

If you have any before pictures of the corrosion/blistering, please email them to me! Once I get enough entries, I'll send these to get hardcopies made up, for submission to Mazda Canada.

Also note that I'd love to hear from ANY Mazda3 owners who have/had corrosion or blistering similar to what I outlined in my own case. If you had your case dealt with by your dealership under warranty, note that when you sign up. The whole idea is to send Mazda Canada an impressive (i.e. impossible to ignore) list of Mazda3s that have/had premature corrosion. I’ll get the ball rolling.

Name: Lynne M. Witty
    City/province: Sudbury, Ontario
    Year of car: 2004
    Model: Mazda3 Sport GT
    Color: Winning Blue
    Current Mileage: 109 000 km
    Corrosion damage: as outlined in this post

To give you a bit of background, I took ownership of the brand new car on June 30, 2004, hand wash weekly in summer months, go through a car wash at least once per week in winter months, and had it Krown rustproofed first in October 2004 and yearly since then. Therefore, from an ownership perspective, I have done everything humanly possible to maintain the paint on my car.

In 2006 I began to have rusting at the bottom of my rear passenger doors.
    I did bring it to the attention of my local Mazda Service Manager (Mid City Mazda, Sudbury ON) and he stated that it was due to rock chips, not covered under the Mazda warranty.

Last year I began to notice very serious rusting around both rear wheel wells.
    When I dropped the car off last year for other servicing, before my 3 year/80 000 km new car warranty expired, I again mentioned to the Service Manager that I had a considerable amount of rusting and would it be covered under warranty? He said that he would “look into it” but never got back to me. Being a new car owner and naïve about these things, I didn’t think to ensure that he recorded my complaint on the invoice nor did I pursue the matter.

Last month I happened to be visiting my sister in Southern Ontario. There one of her friends, who works at a luxury car dealership, looked at the rusting on my car and noted “your paint is blistering all over”. I was shocked and upon closer examination, did find extensive paint blistering.

The very next day, Tuesday May 14/2008, I brought my car to my dealership and had the Service Manager come out to look at all the rusting/blistering. His very first question was “what is the mileage?” (108 000 km at the time) He then proceeded to inform me that all the damage was due to rock chips, understandable with that high mileage.

If you look closely at the blistering, several areas show zero impact points. Also, I have rust between both rear bumper seams. Therefore, at least that corrosion on my car can NOT be blamed on rock chips and high mileage.

Note that I am NOT bashing the Mazda3 or Mazda Canada by pursuing this action. I do love my car in all other respects, with the very notable exception of the faulty paint/body panels. The core purpose of this thread and the list which I will send to Mazda Canada is to let them know that it is a very common issue and that their loyal customers deserve to be compensated for this manufacturing defect.

Thank you!
    Considering the amount of money involved, it sounds like you may want to contact the APA (Automobile Protection Association) headed by Phil Edmunston, author of the annual Lemonaid books, to consider a class action suit. The APA have lawyers on staff that can advise you further. You would have to join the APA (approx. C$70) but that's nominal considering the amount involved in settling the problem.

p.s. I did not go that route because my problem was fixed relatively cheaply ($200).
    I'm a little late to the party, but is this rust problem confined to only certain model years of the Mazda3, or only in certain regions, such as Eastern Canada where salt is used quite a bit on roads in the winter?
    I've already contacted the APA and their Montreal office sent my "dossier" (including pictures) to Mazda Canada. We'll see where that goes. Oh, and I did not have to join the APA to get their help. I think you need a membership to benefit from their pricing information. As for a class action suit, the list I'm compiling may end up being instrumental in that pursuit. For now, it is to be sent to Mazda Canada to attempt to get our claims taken seriously and have them offer compensation for the large repair bills....

As for the models, my list of 16 owners (to date) is confined to 2004 and 2005 models, Sport GT and Sedan GS/GT. Geographical area is not a factor since people across the country report the same issue, on the same key areas on the cars (rear bumper seams, rear quarter panels, bottom trim of rear passenger doors).
    Of course one possibility is that the post-2005 models have not had sufficient time to develop the problem. So, your list may expand. :cry:
    Well that's what I'm thinking! So far have 19 entries from Toronto Mazda3 and 2 from Mazda3 forums. Hopefully people here will join up for this list which I'll be sending to Mazda Canada. The more the better in getting our corrosion issue taken seriously!
    ATTENTION:
    I will not be taking any more submission past next Friday (June 20). If you're on the fence or for some other reason postponing sending me your entry, DO IT NOW. Even if you have had your corrosion repaired either under warranty or privately, you should add your name.

One of the goals of the list is to show Mazda Canada that ALOT of these first generation Mazda3s are rusting/bubbling in the same spots. Also, if you did have your repairs done under warranty, that supports another goal. With the same type of damage, some people get their work done without hassle under warranty, some are told "not eligible for coverage under warranty". That is very unfair and totally unreasonable as Mazda Canada makes the final decision in all of these cases. If you did have your work done under warranty, sending me a copy of your repair invoice will help to support this goal.

Lastly, if you do send me an entry, having visual proof is a BIG bonus. Take clear pictures that show your rust/bubbling and send them my way. I will add those to your entry to support your statements of corrosion damage.

Thanks and send in those entries! One week left...
    There has been a dramatic shift in the pricing of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Prices have dropped for many models; the Mazda3 has dropped two thousand dollars in 2009. Mazda acknowledges that the price drop is a reflection of the strong Canadian dollar. Kudos to Mazda Canada for doing the right thing and pricing their vehicles closer to their real value!

On the other hand, there has also been a change in Mazda financing. The 2009 "standard" financing rate for a 2009 vehicle is now in the 5% range; compare this to the 2008 rates of 0%, .9% or 1.9% for 48 months for many Mazda vehicles. Those who are not ready to hand over a large cash deposit as part of their purchase are therefore going to pay more to finance their choice. This appears to me to reflect more closely the finance rates in the US.

Will the lower prices but higher finance rates bring in more customers? Or, will those customers continue to play the waiting game in the hope that the finance rates moderate? And what will the competition do?

For more information, go to the Mazda Canada site and check out the "promotions" page for the Make Your Move event and the shopping tools page for the Driving Dividend page. http://www.mazda.ca/event/drivingdividend/09/eng/index.asp
    There has been a dramatic shift in the pricing of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Prices have dropped for many models; the Mazda3 has dropped two thousand dollars in 2009. Mazda acknowledges that the price drop is a reflection of the strong Canadian dollar. Kudos to Mazda Canada for doing the right thing and pricing their vehicles closer to their real value!

Kudos? I guess some of us will award kudos for common sense or doing what's morally or ethically proper. I can see it now, kudos are given for basic things, like doctors being able to see you.
    I'm waiting to see if Honda follow suit with similar reduced prices for the '09 Civic.
  • chris1999chris1999 Member Posts: 1
    Hi...I have a Mazda 3 Sport GT..2004....the rust is also starting...Mazda says its normal...I am pissed off and do not know what to do!!! Please let me knoe if there is anything I can do about this problem that is getting really bad...

Chris
    Go back to your dealership, show them your rust, and demand that pictures be taken and sent to Mazda Canada. AWA (After Warranty Assistance - aka an extension on our 3 year warranty) has currently been made available to cover repairs to the rear panel rusting (ie. wheel wells, bumper seams, quarter panels). There should be no issue at all with you getting this damage repaired for free...
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! Mazda ownership is not a requirement! :) Just bring yourself and your love of cars and the desire to discuss anything and everything automotive and you're good to go!

The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!
    From a CANWEST article today:
    "Carmakers yesterday reported their worst April Canadian sales in 10 years as the the industry's pain continued. Automakers sold 143,931 vehicles nationwide in April, a 17.8 per cent decline over the same month last year, according to data from DesRosiers Automotive Consultants. The industry is tracking for sales of 1.35 million vehicles by year-end, a major drop from the 1.65-million range sold over the past few years. ... Spring marks the beginning of what is normally the busiest time of the year for sales of new cars and trucks ... Several automakers outperformed the market, including Ford, Mazda and Hyundai."