Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Caddy Escalade

13»

Comments

• ilikecars23ilikecars23 Member Posts: 28
    I doubt the 3rd row seats will feature a power fold design due to lack of independent rear suspension. Due to live axle rear suspension there is no space for the seat to fold into.
  • caddys4lifecaddys4life Member Posts: 15
    the 2nd row seats have a power button to fold them so it is easier to access the rear seats, but the rear (3rd row) does not have fold flat seats.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Edmunds has come up with some real spy shots and I applaud their CIA-like results. BUT, IMHO, the Escalade looks real CHEAP-LIKE. Ghetto type looking tires do not help either. I bet the sticker will be anything but cheap however. The SUV's are LOSING their value in an amazing free fall manner. Why would anyone buy into this stuff is beyond me.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    Just wait until Nov 11 at the South Florida auto show where the Escalade will debut.

GM has done a great job with the Tahoe and Yukon and there is no reason why the Escalade wont be a great product.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    After seeing the pics today all I can ask is what's the big deal? NOTHING really mind boggling here. EXCEPT the sticker price. Some people are so easily impressed. Especially in the auto world. Buy this truck now and 2 years it will be worth LESS THAN 1/2 OF WHAT ONE PAID. How's GM going to sell anything when they're on the brink of going BK? Check the stock price today anyone?
  • jacktav2jacktav2 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know if the new Excalade/Tahoe/Yukon siblings are going to have a five or six speed auto? I am on my 3rd Tahoe but if I don't get a five-speed this time - good bye GM!
    jactav2, it's going to have six speed.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107939#6
    Inside Line First Look

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107941

Damn, this thing is nice! :D Cadillac should have no problem selling these, no matter how high gas prices are!
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    I like the current Tahoe/Escalade exteriors very much! Particularly the upsweep in the beltline, a small detail that gives a generally generic design some style.

The new beltline couldn't be flatter, and it seems lower to me, less befitting a luxury vehicle.

What's the deal with the 22" tires. They seem like P215's! And the design itself is.....generic.

It is a great idea for GM to offer them, but I've NEVER seen a Tahoe/Escalade with narrower tires on them. Also not befitting a $60k, 5000 lb., AWD vehicle.

The interior is GREAT, but now I don't like the xterior. On the current one I like the exterior, but HATE the interior.

Maybe I'nm crazy, but to me they took anything nice outside, and put it inside. Now I hate the outside.

Fast, luxurious, push-button seat. Styling has taken a step back to generic, chrome or not.

DrFill
  • mar666kusmar666kus Member Posts: 1
    I am an owner of a 2004 "Out of the Blue" blue Escalade EXT. I always receive so many comments from other young men and women on the styling and the color. I am afraid to say that I am disappointed too in the new 2007 exterior styling. It looks like a gussied up Mercury Mountaineer, definitely NOT "a good thing"! I am hopeful Cadillac reads this and modifies the new grille and headlights for the EXT since they have almost a year to do so. They also made it look too much like the Tahoe and it no longer has that edgy, crisp-lines bad-boy look. Yes, the interior is better, but not as bright (chrome) and young-looking as I expected. The interior is 2000 model year Lexus. I am truly disappointed. The wheels also lost the crisp smoothness they previously had and have some ugly notchy humps on the spokes by the tires. Also, I am not at all liking the "GM" badge on it. Get BACK with the original program Cadillac, what the HE## happened? Why did you let Chevrolet ru(i)n the SHOW(iness)? Sincerely, Disappointed Cornhusker.
  • jbdhwpjbdhwp Member Posts: 3
    I've have owned 4 escalades since the body style change in 2002. I still have 2 of them now, but I be first in line to buy a new 2007. Except for the GM badge on the side, in my opinion GM has a real winner. It seem they have tried to combine all the features from other high end SUV's into one. I was really interested in a Land rover till I saw the 2007 Escalade... save me a place in line. Great Job Mr. GM thumbs up. :shades:
    Yes, the Escalade is truly much improved and the 403hp will really blow the competitors out of the water. Wonder what the 0-60 time would be, maybe low 7's or high 6's?

Just asking, but why do you have 4 of the same vehicle with the same body style? Isnt that rather expensive.
  • jbdhwpjbdhwp Member Posts: 3
    I just own 2 of them right now I have a 2004 suv body style, and 2005 ext body style. I have given one of them to my parents as a thank you for all the time and money they have invested in me sending me through school. Plus it's a tax write off. Trust me my parents are complaining. I'll be getting to 2007 next year and give them the EXT. Who says hand-me-downs are bad. haha
  • drivenowdrivenow Member Posts: 45
    My dealer has at least one on order (perhaps for the dealership)...says it should be in by mid - January...I'm thinking of ordering one soon...I'm set on optional equiptment however I question the 22 inch wheel/tire option (my heart says yes, my orthopedist says no!!)...I do NOT want to sacrifice ride quality for looks - any thoughts???
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    How about you drive one first before ordering. Unless you must be the first on the block... In my opinion the standard 18's would be flashy enough. You can always upgrade through the dealer later if you change your mind.
    http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/CadillacEscalade/photos2007.htm

The interior of this new Escalade is really nice, probably one of GM's best in recent times. Check out the pictures of the seats as well. The 3rd row seems a bit low off the floor and smaller than that of a Navigator.
    I thought this forum would be more active considering how the Escalade is such a popular model.

Anyway's here's pricing.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/18/cadillac-announces-2007-escalade-pricing/-
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    Nice interior aside, take off all the chrome add-ons and wheels, and the exterior looks like an Expedition.

DrFill
  • cloud313cloud313 Member Posts: 2
    Hey im new to the forum and i was thinking about getting a used 2003 escalade with kms52,012 for 39,990.00 (Canadian) and i was just wondering how much it is to insure these caddys
    thanks!
  • larry088larry088 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought one 2006 Escalade one month ago. I found it is very sensitive to the road quality when riding on the freeway in Los Angeles. Very often, You flet you were driving on a bumpy road---very discomfort ride. I didn't have this kind of discomfort ride before when I drove a small SUV or seden. It is kind of annoying. Is it normal for this size of car?
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know when the 2007 EXT will be available?

Also, is there any chance that the rear window in the '07 will be power activated?

Thanks.
  • dyates773dyates773 Member Posts: 24
    My wife's 02 Escalade is reaching 80K miles but still looks and runs great. One thing that annoys me that I've noticed on my wife's Escalade and others is the hazey deposits that builds up in the top of the headlight cluster. Is there any way to clean them or is replacing the unit the only choice?
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    According to Edmunds, the 2006 EXT is supposed to have a "movable load floor." Has anyone seen this? When I went to the dealer, the salesman didn't know what I was talking about (shock) and I sure couldn't see anything in the bed that looked like it moved. Does this only come as part of the power tonneau cover (which the '06s I looked at didn't have), or is Edmunds (say it ain't so) wrong?
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    The only thing Cadillac is saying is " Available early Summer 2006. Pricing not yet announced."
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    Is it true that there's a Customer Cash Rebate of $5,500 for the 2006 Escalade and $7,500 for the 2005?
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    CarMan,
    I recently visited and Cadillac dealership and I checked out an 05 Cadillac Escalade with the PDC package (Chrome Rims/Navigation/Sun Roof). The MSRP is $58,150 and they offered the car to me for $43,000 (taxes and licensing not included). I'm unable to tell if this is a good deal because it's a leftover. Is there a formula for being able to determine how much to pay for a dealer left over? Thanks for any and all help.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national news magazine is looking to interview consumers who have recently (within the past three months) purchased a large SUV and would like to talk about your decision to purchase that car. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, November 8, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We'll make the title on this one 2007 now. Welcome to the new year!
  • iceman2iceman2 Member Posts: 23
    I'm about to purchase a 2007 Escalade, 2WD, sunroof, 20" wheels, entertainment, nav. I can use a GM supplier discount but not sure what kind of price it REALLY entitles me to. Am I better off straight-out negotiating with the dealer for my best deal, or will the GM supp. be the best possible deal?

Has anyone gotten pricing below invoice on these SUV's? How hot are they right now?

Your advice is appreciated!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Be sure to check out Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jamesfletcher2jamesfletcher2 Member Posts: 127
    iceman2,

I also can buy with the GM supplier discount and it is certainly a better deal that any dealer can give you since GM gives the dealer a subsidy to put the price lower then pricing for regular customers. Also, there are no phony dealer add-ons with GM supplier pricing.

The GM supplier web site has a pricing tool that will price a vehicle and show you GM supplier compared to MSRP. You will need the company code for your employer and then you can set-up your ID and get pricing or an authorization number. I can send you the GM supplier web site URL.
  • alwaysbelievealwaysbelieve Member Posts: 2
    I love my Escalade also but its real confusing how 3 of my 4 door handles and busted. Anyone else with this problem?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Alwaysbelieve,
    I am from GM Customer Service. When did you notice that your handles were broke? Are the doors still able to open when you pull the handle? Have you taken your vehicle to a dealership to have them looked at? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
This discussion has been closed.