Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

167891012»

Comments

• teampoppyteampoppy Member Posts: 2
    I just got the civic hybrid w/ leather and nav two days ago at an orange county dealer (OC Honda World). I didn't add any extra warranty stuff. The price was $23666 + 595 acquisition fee. They told me the price was $2000 under invoice because of incentives from Honda that were good thru May 4.
  • bradzepfanbradzepfan Member Posts: 4
    So with taxes you paid about $26,561 or so?
  • sd83srrsd83srr Member Posts: 7
    I wanted to know if anyone has Purchased / Leased a 2009 Civic LX in the month of May or if they know of any special financing, special discounts, money factor/buy rate, etc. I am in need of this information ASAP. I am looking to get into a new car in a week or two due to a lease transfer. Are the 2010's coming out soon? Thanks in advance!
  • teampoppyteampoppy Member Posts: 2
    yes that is correct. The price I posted did not include tax.
  • topgun12topgun12 Member Posts: 2
    I got what I think is a good internet price on an EX sedan with automatic for 17500, but the fees include a "processing fee" off 399. Is that something I should be paying, or trying to negotiate to get rid of?
  • tventtvent Member Posts: 17
    In Virginia all of my price quotes have that, it couldn't hurt to try to include it into the price. Your quote seems right on compared to what someone else here paid. I'm interested in the same car, has anyone got quotes for the EX Navi, EX-L or EX-L Navi or bought these recently? I haven't seen many people post their prices paid for these models. Edmunds doesn't seem very reliable right now because a lot of the deals I'm seeing are well below TMV.
  • massive1massive1 Member Posts: 1
    Last month I bought a EX-L Navi for $21.4K plus Tax and License in Victorville CA. The salesman told me they were making about $380.00 on the deal with incentives and holdback. This was right inline with Edmunds TMV..
  • topgun12topgun12 Member Posts: 2
    FYI, I got the 399 processing fee down to 99 by sending part of a quote from a dealer in MD who had a 99 fee. This dealer is also offering to beat the VA offer by 500 but we'll see.
  • madscientistmadscientist Member Posts: 10
    I want to know what you all think of a deal I have for a new 2009 Honda Hybrid with leather and Navi for $23,195 plus tax (3%) $398 dealer documentation fee, $74 for a new tag ($55 to transfer)
  • pluto168pluto168 Member Posts: 44
    wow, you've got a great deal. What's the other dealership name? Does your $18,800 include destination charge?
  • kwyoonkwyoon Member Posts: 25
    yes, $18,800 included dest. fee. the other dealership was Auburn Honda.
  • raubapraubap Member Posts: 1
    I just got a basic Civic hybrid 2009, $22K, out of the door at a San Diego dealer.
    I think it's a great deal. I did not get any extra offer like alarm, extended warranty.
  • teach42teach42 Member Posts: 7
    Found this in the newspaper for a local Honda dealer. I haven't done any other research just yet, but my Accord lease is about to run out, and I was thinking this sounded like a good deal. Thoughts?

2009 Civic Hybrid Featured Special Lease $199.00 per month for 36 months. $2,299.00 total due at signing.

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2009 Civic Continuously Variable Transmission (Model FA3629EW) for $199.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,505.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,299.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 5/5/2009 through 7/6/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2009 Civic Continuously Variable Transmission vehicles (Model FA3629EW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $24,320.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $20,040.39. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $7,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end $14,835.20. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    This is the nationally advertised deal, so with some internet shopping you should be able to do a little better. We just leased on 09 Civic Hybrid on Apr 29, 24mo/15k per year, $1000 drive off, 260 per month (incl 8.75% tax). Just like you, we were at the end of our Accord lease. Be prepared for a much different driving experience - we already miss the more upscale Accord a little. So far, we are only averaging about 32 mpg - hopefully that will improve with more miles. Just make sure you test drive the car thoroughly and are satisfied with the smaller, lesser powered car. Hope this helps.
    Take care.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • djchad94djchad94 Member Posts: 2
    After reading this forum for three weeks and seeing the deals people were getting, I feel I got a fair price of $20,188 + TTL. I tried my hardest to get it $19,999 but no dealer would accept. I bought it from Wittmeier Auto Center in Chico, CA. Was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. I just showed up (first time I had ever been to the dealership), signed docs and left. Pretty easy.

I know I didn't get the BEST deal out there but as far as I can tell, it's the best price I've seen in CA. :)
  • dreamer123890dreamer123890 Member Posts: 5
    Getting email offers of about 20,188 for the base HCH, MSRP $24,320. This does not include dealer options and TTL. Anyone know how much they can go lower? I also heard that there is a $2000 dealer incentive from Honda on the hybrids
  • timaztimaz Member Posts: 7
    There is or at least there was a $2000 dealer incentive, which the dealer is likely taking into account on the price they give you. You never see the money, which is actually best because it helps you get a better deal without devaluing the car. I think your price is very good, assuming the dealer add-ons are minimal. Maybe not the very best you could get, but pretty decent. I paid 19,900 with dealer options (tint, door guard, nitrogen in the tires, special magic paint protectent). Most of the stuff is nice to have, but just added on to give an excuse for marking up the cost. Those extras have a huge mark up. It doesn't really cost them much to do, especially given the scale (when they have someone tint the 20 new cars off the truck, you can bet they have a special deal with someone to get it done for half of what it costs aftermarket, yet they will charge way more than the aftermarket price. I don't blame them for doing this - they are just trying to increase their profit, but they don't need to make a fat profit at your expense. I would see if they would give you the price of 20,188 with dealer add ons, or see if they or another dealer has a car without the add-ons (assuming you don't care about having most of those features.) Also, I would email other dealerships to see if you can get an even better deal in writing, even if it is from a dealership 100 or 200 miles away (would you drive 100 miles to get an otherwise free $500?) Then see if your local dealer will match the price. Or, pick which dealer you feel most comfortable with, who isn't too high-pressure and playing shell games, and tell them you would prefer to do business with them if they can match X price out the door, with dealer add ons.
  • myboysthree3myboysthree3 Member Posts: 5
    I paid 19700 for the base hybrid with no options. could have saved another $1000 if I knew USAA had a car buying service. Check to see if you are a member of any buying service AAA or USAA for instance. No negotiation worries and a great price.
  • txmonkeytxmonkey Member Posts: 5
    I tried going trough the USAA buying service last week and $21,100 was the best it would give me. How you were going to be able to get it for $18,700? BTW, $19,700 is a great price.
  • txmonkeytxmonkey Member Posts: 5
    Just received and accepted offer from dealer in the north DFW area for a HCH w/ Leather for $20,145 including destination charge. As I mentioned previously, I tried the USAA program last week but speaking with the dealer directly worked the best. Also provided offer for the LX-S for $16,500 but went with the hybrid.
  • myboysthree3myboysthree3 Member Posts: 5
    I checked after I bought the car and the price was 18700 - too bad I already purchased the car. I am happy with the price I got but would have liked the other price even better. I'm in VA. I purchased an Odyssey from the USAA dealer for 30400 with accessories MSRP is 37600.
  • minivanmom31minivanmom31 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased this, and if so, how much did you pay? We were offered 72mo/100K mi for $2050. Is this good and/or even necessary? Thanks.
  • timaztimaz Member Posts: 7
    Bad price. Don't pay it. I paid $1010 for 8 yr, 120k, $0 deductible, which is the dealer's price from Honda. Everything above that is dealer markup. There are a handful of dealerships that sell via the internet at dealer cost because they get large incentives from Honda based on if they sell a high volume, so they make their money on the incentives indirectly, not the individual service contracts that they sell. I purchased through Hyannis Honda. I checked into it and everything is legit. It is the same exact Honda Car Care contract that you would buy from from your local dealer, just for $1000 less.
  • dungeonlaadungeonlaa Member Posts: 23
    I paid $970 for 8 yr, 120k, $0 deductible in Natick, MA in Aug 2007 ;)
  • tyler17tyler17 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, I am curious what you all can tell me about this deal.

I am purchasing a 2009 HCH (base) AND a 2009 Honda CRV 4 WD LX AND a trade in for a fair running 2001 VW Jetta.

THey offered 22491.91 for the civic (taxes included) and 20471 for the CRV (taxes and trade in included...trade in valued at 2500).

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • carpiedcarpied Member Posts: 6
    I have had my '09 for 9 days now. Love it! Got 46.8 mpg on the first tank. Great so far.
    We used an internet search through Honda.com and got prices on all 4 factory models from 5 local dealers: (Base, w/leather, w/navi, w/leather &navi) We bought the latter for $22863, including dest., wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards. TTL extra.

ALSO, we added a 72 mo/120000 HondaCare warranty for $860. (The dealer tried to sell us a 60 mo/60000 for $1656. He said we would get all but $50 back if we never had to use it. BS IMHO)

I put on 90+ round trip everyday to/from work, so my miles will add up in a hurry. The warranty is a cheap insurance policy for me.
  • rx2manrx2man Member Posts: 14
    What were the 2 other dealers that had good prices?, gave up on the Jetta TDI's the dealers are getting stupid on prices and they are already more than the HCH. Also are we at the end of 09 model yr, are more cars in route? Some dealers have 10 HCH cars while others only a couple.
  • johngalt007johngalt007 Member Posts: 7
    I paid $24k + taxes and dmv fee for a 2009 HCH with leather and nav in Queens, NY about a month ago. At the moment, we were looking there were not too many options available to us -- most of the 09 HCH were sold out in our area dealerships.
  • stat_daddystat_daddy Member Posts: 6
    We have discussed prices with several dealerships in the area. Durham, Wilson, New Bern and Sanford. Sanford and New Bern were very close. However, at the last minute, I checked with a sales rep at the Raleigh dealership since a friend of mine told me to before I made my final deal. I had not checked with them because in the past, they were not willing to deal, to the point of being rude to us. However, we will purchase the 2009 HCHL with extended warranty for 24580 OTD from Raleigh. They are also going to give us 4.5% for 60 months since our credit scores are above 770.

Here is a very close guess to the price of the vehicle before destination and TTL. I come up with $21553, which is $1314 off of the invoice of 22867 for the HCHL. That is assuming that we paid dealer cost for the warrenty which would be $1135. This is because I was talking OTD price on the whole package, not individual components of the deal.

This price seems to be about $1000 above what some have claimed to have purchased this vehicle for, but I just couldn't find anyone who would seriously discuss any price lower than this.

Go with this price to New Bern or Sanford and they may well match it, or come within $100. I do not know how many 2009 HCH the Raleigh/Cary dealership has, but it is at least a few.
    When I bought my car in June, there was $2000 dealer incentive cash available. This helped to keep the price low. I don't if there's any available in July or not. This may be why the cost is a bit higher. Still, $21,5 for the HCHL is not a bad price. But I would NOT settle for the dealer price offered on the Ext warranty. Since you didn't mention the mileage/time frame for it, I don't know what it would cost elsewhere. But do some homework and google Honda Care. I guarantee you'll get a better deal if you have an internet price to back you up. (Print it out.) I did, and got the 60mo/120k for $860 from my dealer to match the 'net one. I got my paperwork in the mail yesterday. Good luck, and happy motoring. :)

BTW: my latest tank got me 49.47mpg, :blush: using 89 octane (same price as 87 regular where I buy it.) 47.07 overall on 2363.5 miles driven, saving me (cha-ching) $196 over driving my '99 Jeep GC :shades:
    Your information would make sense given that I was told there was an additional $1000 dealer incentive cash available, as opposed to the $2000 you say you got. But this was absolutely the lowest price I could negotiate.

I had one other dealer(Durham) get in the game this morning. They said I should have come to them(after I already did) and they could have beaten this offer. Well, I told them I hadn't signed yet, so if they could make me an offer, my ears were open. They called me later and told me that they could sell me this car for $24300 OTD, with a "this is good news" tone in their voice. Pretty good I told them. So that is with the warranty? "Nope" they inform me, which puts them at the highest counter-offer of all the dealerships I dealt with. Why make me that offer? They must have thought I was bluffing is all I can figure. But all four other dealerships I spoke with made better offers than what they were putting on the table, and I told them so.

Wilson did the same thing. They made a counter offer which was $400-$500 over what 3 other dealerships gave me. Then they kept saying, tell us what we need to do to make this deal. I told them match the other offers. The said they couldn't do that. Then why pressure me to buy from them???? I just don't get that.
    Final post on the matter- what i paid and what I may have saved:

Retail on the vehicle: 25522 (includes destination).
    What I paid OTD: 25454
    Financed 100% at 4.5% for 60 months.
    Items not paid for:
    974 - price of options installed (splash guards, trunk tray, fog lights)
    ok, this sounds a little inflated, but at most subtract $200.
    472 - TTL
    766 - NC vehicle tax(702 actual paid)
    1246 - 8yr 120k mile warranty
    --------
    $3526

If I had gone in and bought this car at retail, it would have cost me
    25522 + 3526 = $29048

The warranty is supposedly at cost. If you believe that I could have gotten that warranty for $850, then my savings is only about $3100, $2900 if you think i also paid too much for the options installed. But these numbers are all fairly soft since I was talking OTD price, not negotiating on each item seperately.
    Final post on the matter- what i paid and what I may have saved:

Retail on the vehicle: 25522 (includes destination).
    What I paid OTD: 25454
    Financed 100% at 4.5% for 60 months.
    Items not paid for:
    974 - price of options installed (splash guards, trunk tray, fog lights)
    ok, this sounds a little inflated, but at most subtract $200.
    472 - TTL
    766 - NC vehicle tax(702 actual paid)
    1246 - 8yr 120k mile warranty
    68 - savings off of MSRP
    --------
    $3526

If I had gone in and bought this car at retail, it would have cost me
    25522 + 3526 = $29048

The warranty is supposedly at cost. If you believe that I could have gotten that warranty for $850 with this price, then my savings is only about $3100, $2900 if you think i also paid too much for the options installed. But these numbers are all fairly soft since I was talking OTD price, not negotiating on each item seperately, so the $3526 savings is probably more accurate.
  • madscientistmadscientist Member Posts: 10
    Hello,
    I need some feedback on a deal I have on a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid EX, 4dr sedan with leather and navigation. The dealer is offering 23990 + TTL can I do better? I had asked if there was any wiggle room on price and he said some, but I had to come into the dealer first. I guess they want a warm body to make there finally pitch. So my question what should I offer them
    I basically got my vehicle plus destination for 21996. This does not include TTL. If I calculate a similar deal for you on your car, I get 23758 plus TTL. I bought mine at the end of July when there was an additional $1000 of dealer incentives which apparently was passed on to me. I heard in June it was $2000 and many purchased a HCH EXL for several hundred less than I did. I couldn't find anything cheaper out there. Now you have the problem where the dealerships have sold 50% more cars than they expected to with the clunker program, which may mean that their inventory is much lower than the expected and they are not going to be willing to come down as much as they had been reducing prices. In addition, they now know that there will be an additional 2 billion dollars next week for clunkers, which means a steady stream of unexpected customers. If they are willing to come down a couple hundred from the price you listed, I think you are probably getting a good deal.

Although I am flying by the seat of my pants, I hope this is of some help to you.
    I had a price of $23063 (+ttl) for the HCH LNav. That included $2000 dealer incentive available in June. I don't know if there's dealer cash available now. So, that is a pretty good price that you've been quoted. Work it down and you're doing even better! :shades:
  • jazzjunkysuejazzjunkysue Member Posts: 2
    It was probably $1,000 below sticker when you look at the things that were thrown in. Also, no sales tax on hybrids now in connecticut: $1500 off! Yes!

I also got the lowest level extended warranty on 100K mile bumper to bumper for $25/month. It's a deal for me because it includes rental and roadside assistance, and I live alone. I have to get to work, so, it's a good deal for me. I also got that without tax.

Got the all weather floor mats. They had already put the wheel locks on, but, OK>

I didn't go for the leather or the GPS or the 5 cd changer or XM radio. Who knows if any of that will be usable in a couple of years. Better to do those myself so I can upgrade.

I came in without a trade in: 10K cash, credit score 857!!!! 4.9% 60 but I'll pay it off in 48 or less.

I think it was good because with all the hoopla over Toyota, they don't have to look for buyers: Also, the connecticut tax incentive pretty much drives people in.

I could have opted for the 2007 used one, but I figured it's already old. And the sales tax would have brought it up beyond 19K. Better to invest the next few thou on a new one: 2010!!!
  • jett456jett456 Member Posts: 50
    Anybody lease a hybrid lately? I got a call today from Honda Finance telling me that now I have to pay sales tax. The lease extends past the end of the incentive program. Ha, funny that the dealer didn't mention that when I was negotiating the deal. I smell a class action lawsuit coming. I am so pissed!!!!
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    any input on 2012 purchase or lease?
  • mrpaulymrpauly Member Posts: 1
    Just starting to research this... seems like a lot of battery issues at this millage... I've got an OK deal on the table, but not one that would take into account replacing the battery. Do you think an aftermarket warranty would cover the battery ? Just looking for thoughts...

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to [email protected] no later than Monday, October 31, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• brucek3brucek3 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my Honda Civic Hybrid from Alex at Jim Colemen Honda. It was in low $20K with tag and tax. He was quite helpful and provided lots of details when I was choosing between Accord and Civic Hybrid. It was a good experience. I will probably go back to him if I choose Honda again.
  • mbd04101mbd04101 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid. 90K miles, good price. For comparison, I'm currently driving a 97 Toyota RAV4 (2WD) w/ 125K miles that will need body work, so a 2004 is a lot newer. Love my RAV4, but it's time for a change.

How does it do in snow?

Other than batter replacement at some point, what other major systems may need care soon? Is the transmission reliable? I'm getting it inspected, but I'd love to hear from HCH owners.

How do you like your Civic Hybrid? thanks.