Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    sarniastingsarniasting Member Posts: 31
    OTD means out the door price. No more addons; the final price. I would suggest using tne internet; contact as many dealers you want in the radius of how far you are prepared to go. Tell them the model and options you are looking for and ask them to quote their best OTD price. Pickout a couple of the best deals and work from there.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi brick,
    If you're looking for negotiating advice, please drop over to our topic called Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories. There are a whole lot of experienced negotiators who hang out there and they'll give you several ideas, and you can pick the strategy that works best for you.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    orb1orb1 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a new '05 Access cab in the Annapolis/Baltimore area that listed for a little over 24K. Kind of bought it on an impulse buy so didn't get all the quotes I normally get buying a new car. Anyway, the truck is a green '05 access cab, 4X2, V6, bed liner, fog lamps, trailer light package, chrome wheel arch moldings, floor mats and door sill protectors.

Without much haggling I was able to have the dealer drop $3,175 off of his price. On top of that I got the 3,000 cash back from Toyota. The total on the truck was $17,852, my out the door price with tax, title and tags was $19,203.

Hope this helps. I think it was a pretty good deal, but I'd be very interested to find out what you can get the 06 for.

Best regards,

Orb
  • Options
    shadingding1shadingding1 Member Posts: 3
    I made a final deal at the price of $21,882 plus TTL($1,542) on this 2006 Tundra SR5 with Installed Options:

. Cloth front captains chairs and center console with 2 cupholders
    . Chrome wheel arch moldings,
    . Extra mile aluminum wheel upgrade
      Wheel locks
    Road hazard tire warranty(3yrs/36,000 miles)- no charge
    . Bedliner(under rail)
    . Carpeted floor mats w/Doors sill protectors
    . Window Tint
    . Heavy duty undercoat
    . Window etch

The actual sticker price is $25,411, it came down $1500(center of Texas) from Toyota and $2029 from the dealer. So the drive out price is $23,424(21882+TTL).
    Like to share info with people in this forum. I think I did well on the price searching, but not on the financial part.

Get ready on both bargaining and your financial situation before meeting with a dealer to make a final deal.

Best

Shadingding2
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    All you need to do now is to take out the carpet mats and get some heavy vinyl ones.

I got mind four years ago for 22200 with the V8. Looks like a good deal.

I assume that AC, cruise, and the power stuff are all standard now.
  • Options
    mikem30mikem30 Member Posts: 20
    I just ordered a 2006 Tundra SR5 V-6 Automatic. My price is similar to yours, I have a few different options. My question-does your truck have cruise control? I bought mine using internet pricing and compared it to TMV pricing. MSRP prices in my area (S.E. region)are showing cruise control to be a $265 additional cost item. However, the 2006 brochure and a confirming call to Toyota Customer Center say it is standard. Edmunds does not show it as optional! Does anyone know the real answer!
  • Options
    carqueencarqueen Member Posts: 11
    We're interested in purchasing a 2006 tundra 4x4 ltd w/leather, nav, dvd, bed extender and opt d package. I know there are several deals going on right now. Invoice would be 40.5k, invoice 35.9 before ttl...

Anyone care to estimate drive out pricing if we take delivery by the end of the year? Thanks.
  • Options
    termigatortermigator Member Posts: 3
    I also ordered an 06 Tundra SR5 V-6 Automatic. Cruise control is optional on the V-6 Trucks only.
  • Options
    mikem30mikem30 Member Posts: 20
    I just took delivery yesterday. The first thing I did was make sure it had cruise control! The second thing I did was read the window sticker. Guess what-there was no optional price being charged. This would indicate it is standard. The sales people could not explain this, you might want to question this when you take delivery!
  • Options
    ortort Member Posts: 2
    I am considering a 2WD extended cab Tundra V8 with the TRD package. I also haven't ruled out the V6 after taking one recently for a test drive, and being pleasantly surpised with the performance. Any comments from those with the 4.0 liter regarding how it does with hills, towing, real world gas mileage, and any regrets not getting the V8? I am looking to buy soon, so any input regarding the above, as well as some current out the door prices paid would be appreciated.
  • Options
    tutututu Member Posts: 5
    i am looking for a v8,2WD access cab go with these options:
    (JU-02) Chrome Wheel Arch Molding $56
    (AL-02) Wheels: 16 in. x 7 in. JJ 6-Spoke Aluminum Alloy $440
    (DC-01) Radio: Deluxe 3-in-1 AM/FM/Cassette/CD w/6 Speakers $218
    (LD-01) Limited Slip Differential $227
    (CF-01) Carpet Floor Mats (4-pc)/Door Sill Protector $91
    (TO-01) Towing Package $344
    and the best dealer give me OTD $22,400.00
    IS IT GOOD PRICE ?
    THANKS
  • Options
    flan3flan3 Member Posts: 1
    I am finally giving up on my 10 year old F-150 which has been a great truck. I have not been to a new car dealership to seriously buy in that many years. Once in a while I'll drop in to test drive different cars, but thats it. I am now interested in the Tundra but will only pay invoice at most minus the rebates. So far most of these joker dealers are trying to get from 500 to 2000 over invoice. Look its still a truck and like any vehicle will have problems. I am not drinking the toyota kool aid and if the sobs don't give me a fair price they can stick it where the sun don't shine. get my drift? what has been your experience dealing with these money mongers and what success have you had. tia.
  • Options
    twucksr4girlstwucksr4girls Member Posts: 4
    my price came down to $28000 for a double cab. is this what your getting?
  • Options
    lxpatellxpatel Member Posts: 34
    Just bought this Toyota Tundra 4x2 Access Cab SR5 V6 5-Speed Auto, Salsa red color with gray interior MSRP:$24,704
    Rebate $1500
    Paid $20767 + Tax and Licensce

is this good price? I beilive invoice was $22767 so i guess got it 500 under invoice including rebate.
  • Options
    blane64blane64 Member Posts: 1
    I am going to sign the papers later today...

2006 Tundra DC SR5, only options are keyless entry, floor mats, aluminum wheel upgrade, tint and sealant package.

$24,888 +TTL

I had test driven and almost bought a 2004 LTD with 34,000 miles for 23,988, so the NEW 2006 seemed like a decent deal.
  • Options
    crawford56crawford56 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the Tundra, DoubleCab Rebate offer was in January 2006 (Southeast Toyota region)?
    Thanks, Crawford56
  • Options
    ma23peasma23peas Member Posts: 7
    We got a Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited

Leather/upgraded sound system/sunroof/limited slip differential/tow package and some other stuff (put chrome runnerboards on at dealer for $430) for $31,000 (all taxes/tags included) with the 1.9% financing included in that price. We traded in our 2004 Camry and got a good value for it...so it made the deal worth it...we love it and plan to tow a tt with it. Looking for what others can safely tow with theirs...thanks!

Tara
  • Options
    spinspokesspinspokes Member Posts: 1
    Is this 4x4 or 4x2? Do you remember what the MSRP was?

Thanks
    Michael
  • Options
    willsimwillsim Member Posts: 33
    I went with my brother last Friday to help purchase the V8 2WD version of the above truck. The MSRP was $27,154 he paid $20,988+T&L with a $2000 rebate.
  • Options
    miadlormiadlor Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a 2006 TRD Dual Cab Tundra.
    The sticker was $33,294.00.....paid $30,130.00 + minus my trade.
  • Options
    mfoster1mfoster1 Member Posts: 5
    Hey folks,

I want to know the best deal along the Gulf States on a Tundra 06 v6 reg cab automatic and with aircon before tax and lic. including on-going rebate of $2000 plus another $1000 for customer loyalty or something...I need dealers'name, contact person and phone number so I can call and make a deal. Tundra-lly happy for your help.

MACnTX
  • Options
    it seems you got a great deal...iam looking for one and the best deal i have for now is 22,942.00 out the door price.
  • Options
    ivanhoe76ivanhoe76 Member Posts: 3
    Got V8 4x2 double cab in Florida with
    limited slip diff.
    floor mats
    tow package
    privacy glass
    keyless entry
    fog lights

for $22500 plus TTL (this was after $4000 cash back).
  • Options
    you got it..another good deal.
  • Options
    otd price for 2006, v8, 2wd, access cab is $22900.00...about $1000.00 under invoice....is this a good price ? please, give me advise..thanks ahead.
  • Options
    toosnufkin1toosnufkin1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote of $32,995 (not incl. tax & license)
    on a double cab 4x4 SR5
    with moonroof
    side curtain airbags
    stability & traction control, LSD
    17" wheels

reasonable price? thanks
  • Options
    tphe1tphe1 Member Posts: 2
    In Arizona - drove it and looking at tundra model 7728: 4x2 access cab sr5 with option package b [trd off road "of", captn chair "cc", slip diff "ld", all weather pkg "ck", 6 cd player "dz", v8 tow "to", mats "cf"]. local spray bed liner for $300 = MSRP $27794. Internet "deal" $25,425. But that $25,425 "invoice price" includes funny detail items [yes it is always in the details!] like "TDA =$451.00, Dealer holdback =$486.00, and, whsl financial reserve =$243.00" to get to that $25,425 total. Are these last item negotiable!?

So add on top of that $25,425 invoice there is doc fee $369.99,lieu tax $427.13 and misc $20.00 plus for $26,241 taxable at local rate. There is $2,045 state sales tax [$300 over calculation in his favor on 26,541 not 26,241]
    for a total of 28,587 [I plan on 0% fin for 60 m offer].
    The deal isn't bad but looks like $1000 more wiggle room
    and I need to correct his math!
    any thoughts out there??
  • Options
    betancojbetancoj Member Posts: 1
    There's a current promotion, in South Florida at least, for $6,000 off a Tundra Double-Cab V8 4x2 X-SP ($4,000 rebate plus $2,000 X-SP3 package discount). This leaves the truck priced at around $25,000-$26,000. I'm going to visit the local dealership and offer $23,000. Does this sound like a reasonable price, or is it unrealistic to ask for an additional $2,000 off after the generous $6,000 rebate?
  • Options
    grubbs2grubbs2 Member Posts: 2
    TUNDRA 4 X 2 DOUBLE CAB SR5 V8, KEYLESS ENTRY, LIMIT SLIP, PRIV GLASS, ALUM WHEEL UPGRADE (INCLUDES ALUM WHEELS, WHEEL LOCKS AND ROAD HAZARD TIRE WARRANTY), CARPETED MATS AND SILL PROTECTORS. Price: $21,663 plus TTL. How did we do?
  • Options
    ivanhoe76ivanhoe76 Member Posts: 3
    You did good.
  • Options
    dmesslerdmessler Member Posts: 11
    Purchased today:
    New 2006 regular cab V8,auto,with power package(PW,PL,cruise)
    and floor mats and sill protectors, $15167 +TTL
  • Options
    rangerjim1999rangerjim1999 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for $28,348.00. May sign the papers tommorow, does it look like a good deal? The MSRP is $33,130.00
  • Options
    warwomanwarwoman Member Posts: 11
    Am awaiting arrival of 2006 Tundra,DC,4x4,w/ All weather guard pkg,fog lamps,limited slip differential,privacy glass,keyless entry,for $25234(after $4000 reb.)+ TTL.Seems like a good deal?
  • Options
    ajbchoajbcho Member Posts: 44
    warwoman sound pretty good, mind if I ask where you are located? I'm in the midwest and was quoted $27750 (including all fees except TTL) less $3000 rebate. So basically $24750 + TTL for an 2006 DC 2wd with less options than you stated. If I could get get anywhere near what you've been quoted. I'd go 4x4.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'm located in Georgia,and will be getting the vehicle in Atlanta. If you need the dealership,let me know.
  • Options
    ssaltzmanssaltzman Member Posts: 1
    Want to buy an 06 Double Cab 4x4. Wonder if I should wait until after Jan 8, the release date of the 07 Tundra to buy. Will the prices drop substantially then? Do dealers have any incentive more than the usual to sell vehicles by Jan. 1 for any tax/inventory reasons?
  • Options
    andtokyoandtokyo Member Posts: 5
    hi warwoman, i am in atlanta also and looking for this same truck. which dealership did you work with so i can tell them you sent me for the same deal.
  • Options
    Thanks for the question. I have still not taken possession of the vehicle,as once they agreed to the deal,they then started having "problems" finding me a vehicle. Hmmm...I'm holding their feet to the fire,and when I get definite confirmation that it's a "Done Deal",I will let you know who it is! If they "weasel" out of the deal,I'll let you know that,also,and who it is,so you,and everybody else,can avoid them.
  • Options
    is it a done deal?
  • Options
    No,not a done deal. They offered me the vehicle I wanted,then said it was still "at sea",and can't find me another that another dealer wants to trade with them. I gave them 10 days 11 days ago,and have sent them e-mails asking for an update on their progress,and still no answers.I have begun looking elsewhere to see if I can secure the vehicle. I will keep you updated as this saga goes along.
  • Options
    lippekjlippekj Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking for a regular cab Tunda, but not having any luck. Can you provide "where" you purchased yours?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I finally found a 4x4,Double cab,2006,W/All Weather Guard Pkg.,Rear Priv. Glass,Limited Slip Differential,Fog Lamps,17" Alloy Wheels,Carpet Mats,and Keyless Entry for $25,888,+TTL.I got it at Jim Barkjley Toyota in Asheville,NC,when none of the dealers in the Atlanta area were willing to go the extra mile to find me what I wanted,unless it was at a much higher price. If you need the name of the salesman,let me know.
  • Options
    dmesslerdmessler Member Posts: 11
    I bought it at Toyota of El Cajon in San diego, went thru fleet manager, very easy deal.
  • Options
    Like I said in message #205,I got the Tundra at the above mentioned dealer,and was in and out in 15 minutes. It was the smoothest transaction I have ever encountered at a car dealership. They had the vehicle I wanted,with a few extras,at a great price. The salesman was great.
    After dealing with quibblers and liars from Atlanta dealers,these folks were a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Check message #206. If you have any other questions,contact me. PS...It's a great truck!
  • Options
    stn0795stn0795 Member Posts: 5
    You did awesome job!
    I just knocked-out the Toyota '06 Tundra double cab 2WD SR5 for $24,460 + TTL with
    + interior leather upgrade
    + 17" AA
    + Privacy glass
    + Window tint
    + vehicle sheild package
    + step board chrome
    + keyless remote
    + carpet mat

Hope others are able to beat my price for more happy.

Son
  • Options
    who was your sales person so i can tell 'em u sent me.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    remeber that post was almost 2 months ago, Tundra reg cab stopped production in august and Toyota is only able to keep about a 30 day supply of cars in stock, so finding a reg cab now is hard to do
  • Options
    Looks like they won't let me put his name down,but he should be easy to locate at Jim Barkley in Asheville,NC. I bought the truck and picked it up last Saturday,if that helps.