Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• bugchuckerbugchucker Member Posts: 118
    Finally, got my 2007 5.7 4x4 limited DC, silver with graphite leather, with navigation, sonar, mudguards, 20" alloy wheels, cold kit and daytime running lights. Payed $500 over invoice.
  • ishinoishino Member Posts: 4
    Oklahoma City, OK. Dub Richardson Toyota.
  • mpaschenmpaschen Member Posts: 7
    5.7L 4x2 Double Cab w/ TRD, bucket seats, upgraded stereo for $250 over invoice. Had several other offers for invoice to $600 over. Got excellent trade-in value for my 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring and got both the $1000 incentive and $1000 trade-in incentive. I paid $4300 out the door incl. TTL and they let me pay for it using my credit card for milage rewards. :)
  • brad3507brad3507 Member Posts: 2
    i just looked a double cab without TRD and without the stereo and it was a 4x2 5.7L. Sticker was like 31.1k, what am i looking at paying for a truck like this? :confuse:
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    It will probably depreciate about 10k from msrp first year just like the titan and the old tundra, as well as the chevy and ford full size. You want 5-8k off list, just like with the Domestics and the old Tundra.

Good luck
    --jjf

i just looked a Idouble cab without TRD and without the stereo and it was a 4x2 5.7L. Sticker was like 31.1k, what am i looking at paying for a truck like this?
    From own experience and what I read on other forums, any Tundra can be head for invoice to little over invoice. I would check Edmunds for the invoice price, add approx. $500 for TAD (Toyota Advertising Fee) which Toyota charges every dealer and then add up to $500 over invoice. Finally deduct cash incentives if you don't use the low APR financing.

Sticker on mine was $31,258 and I paid $28,800. Invoice incl. destination and $502 TAD was $28,542.
  • ductwinductwin Member Posts: 4
    Hi bugchecker- you've got the one I've been looking for, can you give a ballpark of what you paid with all the options?
    Thanks for sharing!
  • habuxhabux Member Posts: 1
    paid invoice (I guess) $27,366 Great truck! Very impressed took 1.9 financing : )
  • tomktomktomktomk Member Posts: 7
    I am having an arguement with my dealer over a deal I made on a 07 Tundra DC on May 29th. Is there anyway I can find out what the dealer cash was on that date?
    No factory-to-dealer cash was advertised. Factory-to-customer incentive varied by region and DC model. 4.7L was $1000 in most regions and $2500 in others. 5.7L was $1000 in most regions but I think some southeast regions were offering higher incentives.
  • neusslneussl Member Posts: 28
    To find out what you can really buy a new Tundra for find the web-site for Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC. All new Toyotas in inventory have the MSRP and selling price listed. In the case of the 2007 Tundra, they are ALL marked down between 4.5K and 6.5K off MSRP. Their business plan gives you the best price without even asking. They will hold it the same business day if you desire to fly in and take delivery. Hope this helps.
  • abac1abac1 Member Posts: 19
    In Southeast cash to customer was $2500 from May 11th till June 4th.
    I realize that the dealer and Toyota need to make some profit. However, the dealer cash and a trade in allowance was not disclosed to me at any time during the process. Had I known that Toyota was participating in the deal (besides the 0% financing), I would have pushed for a bigger discount. Now I am not so sure that I got as good a deal as I thought. Is this an acceptable practice?
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    You mean they didn't tell you how much they were giving you for your trade or it wasn't even listed in your purchase invoice??? :confused:
    The $1000 dealer cash and the $1000 trade in allowance were factored into the trade and discount of MSRP. That is what the dealer is telling me after the fact. What I didn't know at the time, was that the $2000 total was coming from Toyota, not the dealer. The dealer made it look like it was part of their discounts. Had I known that Toyota was participating, I would have pushed for more dealer participation.
    I had similar situation. I priced a truck coming through the pipe line. Dealer cash was available but not mentioned to me. By the time the truck arrived there was hefty cash to customer rebate. Had to really fight to get the difference. After I had taken delivery another dealer called when the rebate went up to $3000 and made me a price on the truck I was looking for. If you took away the cash Toyota was providing the price was higher than a similar truck they priced right after the launch when they only were discounting $500 to $700 off of MSRP.
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Member Posts: 118
    $500 0ver invoice. BTW, it is chucker not checker!
  • noles2gnoles2g Member Posts: 3
    Went to dealer here in FL to look at the crew max, and didnt love the interior...saw the xsp package on a DC with the 4.7 (shifter on floor not stalk) and got a offer of 36 mo's at 399/mo with 15k a yr mi. The sticker is 33,500 approx. MF .00190, buy out 22k. Selling price in lease= 31k. seems like theres a good bit of room based on the other posts here...it was the first price I got and left to do more research..anyone have any idea of deals on a 4.7 DC with the XSP (leather +20 inch BBS, r.boards, lumbar etc)
    Thanks
  • noles2gnoles2g Member Posts: 3
    Just to add to this Im really just looking for leather and lumbar (back problems) but would love a 5.7 as well. I dont NEED 20' BBS (does anyone?) All the ones ive seen are like 41k sticker in this form. Dealer telling me they wont order one that way...I'll have to get a limited...is this BS?
  • rappcovarappcova Member Posts: 24
    The current $2,000 manufacturer to customer incentive (on the 5.7L DC) seems restricted to vehicles that are financed through Toyota at an APR "as low as 5.99%". You can either do that or take 2.9% financing without the $2,000 cash. Am I interpreting this correctly? Back in March, I placed a factory order with a price $995 over invoice, which came to about $1,900 off MSRP. I know there are better deals out there, but in my area, that's a real good deal. The truck is due for delivery in the next 2 weeks, and I was wondering if I could negotiate a better deal because of the $2,000 incentive. But I think not, because I'm paying cash and the incentive seems linked to financing. Am I reading it right?
    I believe there is $2k or 0% over 36 to 60 months.
    If you are paying cash, your money, 30k to 40k spent on the vehicle would probably earn more than $2k over 36 to 60 months if you put it in a CD or a money market account.
    There normally is an either/or with rebate and low financing.Go to Toyota.com;click "find local specials"; zip code;local dealer; monthly specials; Tundra; body style. This should give you current Toyota incentives. I am in the southeast and looks like we are up to $3000 rebate or 0% financing for up to 60 months if I looked at it correctly. 4.7L engine is $3500.
    These vehicles, all over the country are being advertised for 5-6000+ (roughly invoice-rebate) off list like most of the other 20 mpg trucks and such. Better deals are and will be possible in july-august. The $40000 vehicles for probably more. If you have a $1900 off MSRP deal by all means you want to walk away if possible and get something much better.

There was a brief spike in demand with the new intro, (and the Chevy Silverado too with the truck of the year award) but that is gone now and they sell much like any other truck.

Check out my message 692 in the pickup forum under midsize pickup comparo thread.

A member has a point that if you actually have 30000 or so banked for a truck I would negotiate a 4000+- off MSRP deal instead of a 6000 off MSRP deal for 2.9% or so financing and keep my 30000 liquid in one of numerous banks advertising 5%.

--Good Luck
    --jjf

do that or take 2.9% financing without the $2,000 cash. Am I interpreting this correctly? Back in March, I placed a factory order with a price $995 over invoice, which came to about $1,900 off MSRP. I know there are better deals out there, but in my area, that's a real good deal. The truck is due for delivery in the next 2 weeks, and I was wondering if I could negotiate a better deal because of the $2,000 incentive. But I think not, because I'm paying cash and the incentive seems linked to financing. Am I reading it right?
    jjf and others: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. To beat a dead horse, let me ask for further comments on my specific situation. I may have made some mistakes and need to know if I can correct them. I had to do a factory order because I wanted BENCH seat with off-road package. When queried, Toyota responded with "not recommended"--meaning that the wait would be long. I went ahead anyway, with a $500 deposit. Now the truck's about to be delivered. Unfortunately, I sold my '04 Tundra to Carmax for a good price at the end of March, so I've been without a truck "forever". I'm wondering if I'm in a position to negotiate. I suppose I could walk away--even if I have to forfeit the deposit--and still come out ahead. But the prospect of having to do another 3-month factory order is just about out of the question. So do you think my best bet is just to try my best to re-negotiate (the ESTIMATED price) and if they refuse, just grit my teeth and pay up? I really hated to do that factory order, but it was just impossible to come up with my preferred configuration. Amazing how truck drivers today all want bucket seats! Appreciate your interest and prompt responses. --rappcova--
    In general, the idea is to put 10-20 dealers in competition for your business over the phone/email last week of the month. This goes for factory orders too. These should be cheaper than those on the lot if the incentives apply as the dealer has no carrying costs for the thing to sit for 4 months.

I noticed the bucket seat thing with the Tundra. That console does take up a bunch of room, but Toyotas market research seems to point that way. Funny though most of the Silverado's,F series and Dodge Ram 1500 I see have Bench seats like you want. I see some truly incredible prices advertised for the $35000 dodge RAM 1500. Like 17000 18000, $19000. The fact the Ram looks kinda like the tundra makes me mention this. Whether the Tundra is a better truck is open to question but it is definitely not 7000-10000 better. Many ads are for a minimum of 12000 off. (its msrp is hi) F series seems to be about $9000 and the Silverados will soon be approaching 8000 plus off. Have you even tried test driving the alternatives? No 3 month wait for any of them.

If you just gotsta have a toyota with bench seats (in the future put your deposit on a credit card) Tell them your buddy bought one from an ad for 6000 off and you are having second thoughts. See what you can work. Tell them you have a dealer bugging you to buy one for almost off MSRP, and maybe bench seats aren't that important after all. Take your time picking up the vehicle. Chances are he won't want to sit on your unusual (and hard to sell?) order even with your deposit and will compromise.

If you have a true 1900 off MSRP deal I would not want to pay that or thousands for bench seats.(you must be a true Toyota aficianado)

Good luck
    --jjf

jjf and others: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. To beat a dead horse, let me ask for further comments on my specific situation. I may have made some mistakes and need to know if I can correct them. I had to do a factory order because I wanted BENCH seat with off-road package. When queried, Toyota responded with "not recommended"--meaning that the wait would be long. I went ahead anyway, with a $500 deposit. Now the truck's about to be delivered. Unfortunately, I sold my '04 Tundra to Carmax for a good price at the end of March, so I've been without a truck "forever". I'm wondering if I'm in a position to negotiate. I suppose I could walk away--even if I have to forfeit the deposit--and still come out ahead. But the prospect of having to do another 3-month factory order is just about out of the question. So do you think my best bet is just to try my best to re-negotiate (the ESTIMATED price) and if they refuse, just grit my teeth and pay up? I really hated to do that factory order, but it was just impossible to come up with my preferred configuration. Amazing how truck drivers today all want bucket seats! Appreciate your interest and prompt responses. --rappcova--
    If you decide to walk away and are firm on the bench seats you may want to evaluate what you want from the off road package. I have seen a few trucks without "off road" that had sliding rear window. Skid plates can be added after market, tires upgrade when factory tires need to be replaced. Suspension and shocks are not as simple. It may come down to what is more important to you money or features. I love my new Tundra but I hated the buying process. Good luck!
    Thanks again, jjf and abac1. Yes, I'm a Toyota (truck) aficionado. This is my 8th since 1990. I like to trade and do so whenever there's a technological or design change or when my needs change. This time, I'm going for the increased safety features--especially airbags and stability control. TRD is important to me because I drive on gravel roads twice daily 365 days/year, sometimes down one side and up the other side of giant potholes. Bench is because one Lab sprawls over the front seat and the other sprawls over the back seat. (Lexus GX-470 is my "nice" car which has been doing double duty while without a truck.) I went today to a different Toyota dealer who assured me that the incentive will apply to my truck as long as I pay for it before the incentive expires on July 2. Doesn't matter that I put down the deposit (WITH a credit card) when there wasn't any incentive. I agreed to the $1,900 off MSRP, so if I get the incentive, I'll feel OK. The other dealer says
    the current incentive is $2,500. We'll see. I'll be sure and post a note when this is over. Y'all have been a great help. --rappcova--
  • lennster59lennster59 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my 07 Tundra SR5 dbl cab 2 days ago.
    I Sold new Honda autos 10 years,i know the buisness,i presently am a f&i mgr of a m/cycle atv store. I helps to know someone in the buisness.
    Took me 2 days to get my deal.I bought 2wd pyrite dbl cab.
    sport appearance pkg & 20 " alloy wheels, and leather upgrade, MSRP 35.670.(a demo that had 2325 miles on it that had been there 1 month states.I specked one out to my liking at 36.537. This is where it go fun. I'm an ex car guy.
    They told me the weren't gonna be able to discount a order
    truck as much as the demo, somewhat true onlt $1496.00.

I said ok let me think about. No high pressure, just told them if i couldnt get the deal i wanted i'd wait pay on my truck few more months. Went back to work,called them back2 hrs later. Told them If i was not gonna get the exact truck
    I wanted they were gonna have to sweeten the deal a little more.It wasn't the fact they couldn't discount a spec order
    truck that was not gonna cost them any floor plan Money the weren't.

I asked for $500.00 more off and a free Rhino lining. No
    way he said. He called Back 15 min. later with my $500.00

Deal.... bottom line MSRP $35.670 discount $3.957.00
    bumped my trade another $500.00 bucks. took the 60 mo
    0 interest. This is a BIG Truck 5.7 engine. I've owned 4
    Dodge p/ups, and this thing rides better is quieter. Don't know about gas mileage yet, we'll see.

Rebates just went to $3000.00 bucks too if ya'll didn't know
    There are deals to be made it might take awhile to find them. I guess i was lucky that I new the process. and I live in a small town. Just my experience.
    4000 off MSRP with free money for 5 years is a great deal. If you even got near nada wholesale for your trade you probably got an 8000 off MSRP deal.

Happy Driving
    --jjf

just picked up my 07 Tundra SR5 dbl cab 2 days ago.
    I Sold new Honda autos 10 years,i know the buisness,i presently am a f&i mgr of a m/cycle atv store. I helps to know someone in the buisness.
    Took me 2 days to get my deal.I bought 2wd pyrite dbl cab.
    sport appearance pkg & 20 " alloy wheels, and leather upgrade, MSRP 35.670.(a demo that had 2325 miles on it that had been there 1 month states.I specked one out to my liking at 36.537. This is where it go fun. I'm an ex car guy.
    They told me the weren't gonna be able to discount a order
    truck as much as the demo, somewhat true onlt $1496.00.

I said ok let me think about. No high pressure, just told them if i couldnt get the deal i wanted i'd wait pay on my truck few more months. Went back to work,called them back2 hrs later. Told them If i was not gonna get the exact truck
    I wanted they were gonna have to sweeten the deal a little more.It wasn't the fact they couldn't discount a spec order
    truck that was not gonna cost them any floor plan Money the weren't.

I asked for $500.00 more off and a free Rhino lining. No
    way he said. He called Back 15 min. later with my $500.00

Deal.... bottom line MSRP $35.670 discount $3.957.00
    bumped my trade another $500.00 bucks. took the 60 mo
    0 interest. This is a BIG Truck 5.7 engine. I've owned 4
    Dodge p/ups, and this thing rides better is quieter. Don't know about gas mileage yet, we'll see.

Rebates just went to $3000.00 bucks too if ya'll didn't know
    There are deals to be made it might take awhile to find them. I guess i was lucky that I new the process. and I live in a small town. Just my experience.
  • lennster59lennster59 Member Posts: 2
    LMAO...... guess im the newest member of the Tundra Cult.
    This is a really nice truck. All I need now is to get
    my xm radio, fog lights, and bed cover. and bed Rhino lined.
    Under Hwy driving, what kinda gas mileage can i expect?
  • saab2saab2 Member Posts: 6
    The rebate in my part of the country is presently $2000. I can do a no haggle deal at 1.9% above factory invoice ($570 on a $30,000 truck) and then tack on the 2 grand. This deal doesn't have me reaching for my checkbook just yet. My questions are twofold: leaving out the financing and trade allowances etc., how far below invoice can I expect to get the dealership? and does anybody know where Toyota is with unsold inventory at present? If there are a lot of Tundras hanging around they may raise the rebates on 7/2 when the current ones expire, but if they're just about sold out don't expect it to go down. Most of the country seems to be at $3000, but not upstate NY. Thanks
  • captbobhcaptbobh Member Posts: 7
    I just put a down payment on a new (ordered) 4X4 DC Tundra with a 4.7 V8 from a dealer in Upstate NY (Buffalo area). I went with the 4.7L when I was originally going with the Big Boy 5.7L until I read a article dated 5/31/07 that Toyota may have to have a recall on that engine because of BAD cams. They have had to do 20 complete engine replacements. Here's the article.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/AUTO01/705310379/1148

But anyways the dealer took off $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 factory rebate and gave me $11,000 for my Escape which was about $2000 more than expected. So I have them $500 deposit and now just waiting for TUNDRA to arrive.
    I don't know. With 40000 machines sold and 20 engine replacements I would have gone with the bigger engine regardless. (They may have replaced 10 4.7 L engines as far as we know)

Anyway about a 6000 off MSRP deal is about the going rate so you got a good deal on a good truck.

Happy Driving
    --jjf

just put a down payment on a new (ordered) 4X4 DC Tundra with a 4.7 V8 from a dealer in Upstate NY (Buffalo area). I went with the 4.7L when I was originally going with the Big Boy 5.7L until I read a article dated 5/31/07 that Toyota may have to have a recall on that engine because of BAD cams. They have had to do 20 complete engine replacements. Here's the article.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/AUTO01/705310379/1148

But anyways the dealer took off $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 factory rebate and gave me $11,000 for my Escape which was about $2000 more than expected. So I have them $500 deposit and now just waiting for TUNDRA to arrive.
  • zmeagainzmeagain Member Posts: 3
    I'm about to buy an '07 tundra demo. 5500 miles. driven by toyota area rep. MSRP is $33665.00 and they want $24998.00
    any comments on this deal? thanks.
    We will have to see what Toyota does. If there is a major recall we know the problem is worse, much worse than anyone here thinks. Just the fact that Toyota is "considering" a recall makes me think this could be just the tip of the ice berg.

Bottom line for me is I don't really need all that power to tow my boat so why take the chance. And here's the kicker I didn't mention when I went to the dealership. They said they didn't have any 5.7L trucks only the 4.7L ones. But when I went way back behind the dealership they had a half dozen parked there with 5.7L engines with different packages. Kind of made me think they were sitting on them to see what is going on with the 5.7L engines.
    They were probably sold. In the Atlanta area the lots have been loaded the 4.7's since the launch. The 5.7's have been moving fast especially in 4x4's.
    That was what I thought at first but when I approached the salesman on it he said he wasn't aware that they had any. They were definitely NOT sold except one that had a NOT for sale "FLEET" vehicle sticker on the window.
    5500 miles is about $1500 off on a demo. An 8500 off deal seems good, especially given some others posted. Email 10-20 dealers end of month for quotes on new ones and see what you can work with the best 2-3 on a new one before pursuing the demo.

Shoot for more off obviously but if that is their bottom line, and you really want it you definitely could do worse.

--jjf

I'm about to buy an '07 tundra demo. 5500 miles. driven by toyota area rep. MSRP is $33665.00 and they want $24998.00
    any comments on this deal? thanks.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    5500 miles is about $1500 off on a demo

When I bought my 06 in Jan 07, the dealer had two identical trucks, one was a demo with 6K miles and the other was new with 8 miles. He wouldn't discount the demo even a nickel. Needless to say I bought the new one.
  • zmeagainzmeagain Member Posts: 3
    thanks for the replies. the dealer is working with me on a few "extras" like XM radio and swapping out the drop in bedliner and replacing with the bed rail system because i'm going to get it linexed. I really want this truck so i won't get to hard nosed with them. we are coming up on the end of the month and the end of the 2nd qtr. so they may be a bit more willing to give a little to make their sales numbers.
  • seacontractorseacontractor Member Posts: 1
    I like the tundra but was waiting for the newness to wear off for competitive pricing and rebates. Yesterday, I saw that Toyota is offering a $3000 rebate so I signed up for the costco program (I hate bickering over price) and went to the local dealer that I was referred to. They offered me $500 over invoice and I was happy with that but they had only one truck left in inventory as others have apparently also jumped on the rebate. I didn't like the color so I signed up for a truck that was due in within the next two weeks at $500 over invoice. I noticed some odd misc. charges for the truck that I decided against buying. I can't remember all of the details but there was a finance charge for about $300 and also a prep and handling fee for $700 and something like a TDA fee for about the same. Are any of those fees normal and customary fees or are they "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good?
    They are "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good.

--jjf

I like the tundra but was waiting for the newness to wear off for competitive pricing and rebates. Yesterday, I saw that Toyota is offering a $3000 rebate so I signed up for the costco program (I hate bickering over price) and went to the local dealer that I was referred to. They offered me $500 over invoice and I was happy with that but they had only one truck left in inventory as others have apparently also jumped on the rebate. I didn't like the color so I signed up for a truck that was due in within the next two weeks at $500 over invoice. I noticed some odd misc. charges for the truck that I decided against buying. I can't remember all of the details but there was a finance charge for about $300 and also a prep and handling fee for $700 and something like a TDA fee for about the same. Are any of those fees normal and customary fees or are they "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good?
    My dealer found a Tundra that I like except it has carpeted floor matts that cost $178 that I'm going to tell them to keep. It's expected in on Thursday but I have to wait until sometime next week when I get back from a trip to take delivery. NO party fees have been included in my deal. $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 rebate and $2500 more on my trade in than expected. COLOR ME HAPPY ! ! !

Now has anyone see any F150's that need crushing :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk to recent buyers of the Toyota Tundra or Chevrolet Silverado. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 20, 2007 with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Compare dealers and ask for a drive out price. This should include sales tax and any other fees they are trying to collect. Then you know where you stand before they have you ready to sign and start with fee additions.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    The salesman was a dunce. Obviously doesn't know his inventory.
    :(
    Mackabee
    I have posted previously to this forum, so will try not to repeat too much about my deal.

My Tundra (5.7 DC, bench seat, TRD, etc.) arrived early this week after a 77-day wait. I've posted to New Owner Reports (#1415) with the details of my order. When I signed the order back in March, I agreed to a price $998 over invoice. This was much better than what I was offered by 3 other area Toyota dealers. While waiting for my truck, I read a lot about better deals and decided I should try to re-negotiate when the truck arrived. However, recently Toyota began offering incentives (manufacturer to consumer). Some here have reported incentives as high as $3,500. The fine print says that it depends on the geographical area and somewhat on dealer participation. On my truck the incentive is $2,500 (I checked with 3 dealers). So, since I had agreed to a deal, and Toyota came in with $2,500, I decided to accept what I had agreed to.

Bottom line: The sticker on my truck is $34,415. The invoice is $31,389. I have a copy of the invoice. So the dealer added $998 to the invoice price and then subtracted $2,500 for the incentive. The final price ($29,887) was $4,528 below MSRP and $1,502 below invoice.

I know some of you think I should have tried to get $2,000 more, but I think I came out pretty well. There were things in the invoice that I suppose some would have tried to challenge. There was $551 TDA which I've read in Consumer Reports and Edmunds is seldom negotiable. My invoice also had $623 in Dealer Holdback and $311 in Wholesale Financial Reserve which were probably negotiable. But I didn't challenge those charges.

My "party fees" were $351. Of those, one of them was for
    "Processing Fee for Consumer Services" and it was printed
    permanently on the invoice form. That fee was $248. What a ripoff!!.

Hope all this is helpful. Just one voice in the crowd. By the way, my region is DC metropolitan area. My dealer was in Charlottesville, VA.

--rappcova--
  • budgoobudgoo Member Posts: 7
    ....no posts. Does that mean no buying? I wonder if Tundra sales have cooled off a bit, or if no one is talking about them.

I've been watching different websites and inventory in the surrounding area. Either the websites are not kept up to date or there have been very few sales. There has been a push on TV advertisements in the Memphis area where I live. The newspapers advertise "UP TO" $6,000 off MSRP. With the current $3000 cash incentive (good thru 7-9-07)I have already gotten quotes around $5400 off MSRP on the 2X4 SR5 DC 5.7, and some quite a bit higher. This fish didn't jump on those hooks.

If inventory is building, trucks are not moving, I think the discounts will be going up in one form or the other in July/Aug as I have seen mentioned on this thread. I think I'll wait a bit. Of course this is one man's opinion, and with that and a buck or so, you can buy yourself a cup of coffee.

As an aside, the dealership in Ashville, NC mentioned in this thread IS offering up some good no-haggle deals.
    I finally got my Tundra yesterday (Friday). I had to go to a different dealership. There are not that many Tundra's in my area and maybe that is why we are ONLY offered a $2000 rebate and they are not dealing down (discount) with 5.7L engines like the 4.7L engines.

Here is a question I want to post because no one here seems to know. How does the Windshield Wiper De-icer work with the cold climate package that I have. Salesman didn't know and I have yet to see anything in the owners manual.
  • budgoobudgoo Member Posts: 7
    A couple of comments:

BUYER BEWARE: A dealership in smalltown, AR sent me a quote via email that included, "Incentives are 0% for 60mos or $2500 cash back!" Bear in mind that the quote was for a Tundra with a 5.7L engine. For that region they were correct on the "0% for 60mos" but not on the cash back. According to their own website, which was correct, the cash back offer for the 5.7L engine is and was $3000 through 07-09-07. For the 4.7 L the cash back offer is and was $3500. When I brought that to the salesman's attention she said I was wrong. I know that I wasn't. It's on THEIR website, and it is CORRECT. I had checked it with Toyota. She put a "manager" online who tried to deflect the attention to the 2% over cost selling price--YADA, YADA, YADA. What ya' don't know in advance can hurt ya'! I DID file an official complaint with Toyota.

As far as the "Windshield Wiper De-icer"--I'm not sure. To me there are only 2 ways to de-ice a windshield. You can de-ice with (1) heat or (2) a solvent with a de-icing agent in liquid form. IMO, either there is a tiny wire embedded in the windshield to supply heat, or there is a de-icing agent in the windshield wiper fluid. I have owned Toyotas that have had the wire in glass, but it was in the rear window only. The "Cold Kit" package includes a heavy duty battery and a heavy duty starter, plus "(Double Cab and CrewMax include windshield wiper de-icer grid with timer)" per Toyota "Tundra 2007" brochure. Hope that helps. Something to look for, or possibly read about in the manuals.