Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

1111213141517»

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent full-size pickup buyer. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5pm Pacific today, Friday October 28, 2011 and include your name and email address.
  • kgabekgabe Member Posts: 25
    I'm looking at a new 12' Tundra. Dealer is including a $700 (TAD) fee. Which was explained to me as a charge by Toyota to all dealers for advertising. Say what? I know the auto entities charge dealers for advertising but most of it is returned to them in some sort of hold back set-up. Anybody else experience this BS from Toyota? There's no way I'd pay the $700
  • sy_mansy_man Member Posts: 6
    Looking for a 2012 CrewMax 4.6 v8 with convenience and Tow package. Anybody buy anything similar during the current Toyotathan...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Did you buy a pickup truck recently? A reporter is looking to speak with recent truck buyers and how they made their decisions: Which brands did they consider? What did they trade in? And would they consider a different brand in the future? If you'd like to help the reporter with this story, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than February 5, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• legimelegime Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I contacted no less than 3 Toyota dealerships AFTER they quoted me, via e-mail, their price on a Toyota Tundra 4Wd extended cab LTD series truck. NONE of them would send me, via e-mail, their quoted price along with the taxes and destination fees. In other words their quotes were BOGUS and they knew they were NOT going to sell me that truck at that quoted price.

What was I suppose to do (other than walk away) threaten them with civil litigation? Why bother? I'm sure there are reputable dealers that will stand behind their quoted prices and will put it in writing but I personally found NONE with a Toyota dealer.
  • hilltop5hilltop5 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I just leased a 2013 Toyota Tundra for 36 months, Double Cab, 4.6, Texas Edition, tow package, convenience package and bed liner with 15k miles/year for $379 month with $1000 down. Does this seem like a fair deal?
  • legimelegime Member Posts: 4
    I can't say for sure but I read where as more than 35% of today's car loans (an all time high) are 60 months or more. Average payment is less than the benchmark $500 amount.
  • bigalroobigalroo Member Posts: 1
    I think you did good. I just did a 36/36000 lease (didn't need the 15k/yr) on a Double Cab, 5.7 4x4 with everything you have but the Texas Edition. $2000 cash out of pocket for $334 month. At 84 month purchase loan we'd be paying close to or over $500/month and have a 7yr old truck at the end of it. Leasing depends on your particular situation and it works for me. (and you too, because we can't back out of it..LOL)
  • cleepacleepa Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if $330, 12k miles for a Toyota Tundra V8 4.6 is a good deal? Base model. Putting $0 down.

Thank you.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Texas resident who's in the market for a new pickup truck. If you're able to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact info by Thursday, September 26, 2013.
  • bicalinobicalino Member Posts: 13

hi all ! just placed an order for 14 tudra dbl cab limited 4x4
    these are the numbers I used
    invoice 37249
    FE federal emission 0
    lx lmtd premium pkg 530
    of trd off rd pkg 40
    tm pwr htd tow mirror 36
    hr trd sway bar 225
    wl alloy whl locks 51
    wi spare tire lock 45
    37 trd dual exhaust 855
    trd perf air filter 59
    cf carpet flr mats & sill
    protector 120
    gn exrerior cargo net 34
    ss floor board 440
    options total 2435

total                                       39684 
           destination charge                     995
            included fees                            712
            customer cash incentive          (500)
            dealer holdback                       (805)

total                                       40086             dealer price    41000
            nys iinspection                            10                                          10
            doc fee                                         75                                          75
            waste tire management fee          12.50                                     12.50 

total                                         40183.50                                41097.50  
            local tax                                                                                     (500)  on delivery 
                                                                                his price               40097.50
                                                                                      local tax   

• tj_boudreauxtj_boudreaux Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy 2014 Tundra Limited. Options include: Moonroof, tinted windows, sprayed-in bedliner...

Quoted $39,998 by Star Toyota in League City, TX.

Any advice on price point is appreciated.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't know trucks very well - I looked up a Limited CrewMax Cab for a Houston zip and came up with an invoice of $38,432.

True Market Value is a hundred bucks less than invoice, but there's current a $1,000 incentive out there. So your target number would be $37,392.

Since I probably got the style wrong, you should build your own and dial the number in better. And then remember that TMV is what the average person is paying. You should try to beat that number, and the last week of the year is usually the time to get a great deal. Try getting several quotes - hopefully you'll find a dealer who hasn't met their annual quota number for 2014 and is hungry to deal.
  • tj_boudreauxtj_boudreaux Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the advice stever. I will look at building my own model.