Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jhbjhb Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a recent '04 LE purchase experience and price to share? I'm considering purchasing a '04 LE with Side Moldings, Micro Filter and Floor Mats. MSRP = $34,850 and Invoice is around $31,700.
  • edgerockedgerock Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 05 LE with nav. with tax and tag 36,500 dollars. that is in maryland
  • gutsguts Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for any purchase prices for Canada. I'm looking at the SE with premium package. MSRP is $43744 plus taxes. Starting point with dealer $41,500
  • johnny_ringojohnny_ringo Member Posts: 30
    I picked up my 05 4WD LE with Side Moldings, Micro Filter and Floor Mats for $33,200 including destination charge (ttl extra) from Billings, MT Nissan. I was happy with that price since I bought it on short notice while on vacation when my Isuzu Trooper engine seized. Nothing like being 1000 miles from home and buying a new truck w/o any invoice information.
  • dekagundadekagunda Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 05 Silver LE 4x4 with Navi, side moldings, cabin filter, floor mats and splash guards for $34,000 OTD. I think i got a good deal! What do u guys think?
  • jager32jager32 Member Posts: 15
    That's the same configuration I'm looking to get, and that's the best deal I've seen so far. According to the Consumer Reports Price report I have that's just ~$123 over invoice.

What part of the country are you in and what dealer did you use?
  • dekagundadekagunda Member Posts: 3
    Jager32,

I live in Wilmington, Delaware. I bought mine from Concorville Nissan in Concordville, PA. I live right on the border and they are the closest dealer to me. DE has 2 nissan dealers and they couldn't even come close to that price.

I'm a business owner and most the guys that work at Concordville [sales/service] come to my store, so i guess that also helped in getting an awesome deal.
  • alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    Can you tell me what dealer you used?

Thanks,

Dean
  • robfinflrobfinfl Member Posts: 1
    I almost had the same trouble, went to 4 dealers in South Florida late February before finally finding one who would honour the Nissan website offer. I ordered the 2005 Pathfinder LE 4X4 with Navi and DVD, $429/mo, 39 mo, 12k/yr, $1999 down, which works out to about $2000/$2500 off the $39k MSRP. Reasonable. They didn't have my preferred color, and wanted me to accomodate to their inventory, or order, without a pricing guarantee. I politely stated, "no written contract, no Woodland Bronze, then no order." My vehicle comes in May 10 at the above price. Dealers always want to move exisiting inventory, their problem here was lack of availability and demand in South Florida for 4X4.
    (Note, Company lease, excellent credit, it does matter, and I am also coming off of an Infiniti (Nissan product) lease, so they have history with me.)
  • telephonytelephony Member Posts: 8
    Greetings,

I believe purchasing a car via negotiating with a salesman in a dealer is a thing of the past. After researching the SUV market, test driving the two vehicles my wife and I narrowed down our search to (Pilot/Pathfinder) and sending a bid request fax to every Nissan fleet/internet manager within a hundred mile radius (thirty dealers), my wife and I our proud owners of a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD.

Here is the details...
    premium pkg
    comfort pkg
    micro filter
    splash guards
    side molding
    floor mats

MSRP: $31,920.00
    Invoice: $29,315.00
    Sell: 28,900.00 (+tax/tag/title)

I feel we did pretty good. Sure wish some rebates were out there!
  • aurandbdaurandbd Member Posts: 1
    Dekagunda:

I'm in Chester county and have purchased a Pathfinder from Concordville Nissan in the past. Can you email me the exact specs and price paid? I'd like to try to work the same deal with them. Thanks ba@catwheel.com
  • jackstraw1jackstraw1 Member Posts: 3
    2001 Pathfinder SE with 24,500 miles, one owner, off lease in January '05 - Nissan dealer started at $18,495 - get it out the door at $15,700!!!
  • lucky9lucky9 Member Posts: 2
    i am in the market for an 05 le 4wd with navigation. i am in the monmouth county area in nj. i know ur purchase was a few months ago, but i was impressed that you were able to get ur pf for 600 below invoice. any chance u can pass on the dealer who gave u the gr8 price? thanks.
  • jarozijarozi Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased an 05 LE 2WD with everything but NAV and DVD. Paid a hassle-free invoice price, just emailed the dealer and told them I was looking for invoice, got an email back a few minutes later agreeing to the deal. This particular dealer also advertises that they don't charge dealer add-on's. Also, if you buy with them, their service department gives free oil changes for as long as you are the owner (on any new car they sell). Pretty good deal overall. Yes I had a trade, they gave me KBB "trade-in" for it, which was fine with me.

The only kicker was in the finance department, I cashed in on the "College Grad" rebate. The finance guy said I had to finance with Nissan to get the rebate, I took his word for it but don't remember reading that. He then offered me a ridiculous 5.99% "recent grad rate" to get the credit, which was of course really high compared to my current credit union rate. Regardless, after suggesting I would use my credit union with the lower rate, he brought his rate down below the CU. Those were the only shenanigans where I felt like I was back at a typical dealership.

Other than that it was easily the most hassle-free new car buying experience I have experienced and completely recommend this place.

The dealer:
    Champion Nissan
    Katy, TX
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    he is right - you can only get the college grad rebate if you finance through NMAC (nissan motor acceptance corp.). It doesn't even work for leases. you will find that the finance guy will try to make a point or two in the finance department (the point of the place is to make money, right?) but if you show them a competitive rate, most if not all dealers will bring their rate down to match or even beat! as far as i know, dealers are only allowed to mark up the buy rate (interest rate at which we buy it from the bank) a certain amount - like 2% or something. at least in CT it's like that....

-thene
  • patricia43mpatricia43m Member Posts: 4
    Just got a dealer who said he could get us a Pathfinder (SE RWD) with comfort package, side body molding, micro filters and splash guards for $25,500.

He immediately said he could get it to me for invoive but the documentation fee is anotehr $599 which is ridiculous. He admitted they pad this to add to their profit and get an additional 3% holdback from Nissan. I told him he could have either the $599 doc fee OR the 3% holdback but I wasn't giving him both.
    He said he'd give me $400 off the invoice.

Does this seem fair? He agreed VERY quickly so something tells me there is room here.
    We are in Atlanta and there are lots of dealers here so I will keep looking but wanted feedback if anyone had pricing for similar model and options.
    Thanks
    so he is giving you $400 below invoice, plus you still pay the $599 doc fee? so essentially you buy the car at invoice, and you only pay a $199 doc fee - doesnt sound bad at all - i guess it comes down to what you want to pay OTD. just because a dealer is quick to accept a deal doesnt mean there is tons of money left on the table. maybe he just realizes this is what it takes to sell a car, and it seems fair enough to him (meaning it isnt so much of a loser deal that he really has to think about what it will do to his bottom line).

if you are comfortable with the price (and it seems to be a good one - though i cannot effectively price a 4x2 pathfinder in the northeast - we cant sell them up here) i'd say go for it. do what you feel comfortable with. if they treated you well at this dealership, i say go back and give them the business...you may only save another $200 or so if you really search. again, it depends on what dealerships want to do, and how many cars they want to move. i think you are getting a pretty fair deal though if they give you $400 below invoice to compensate for the high dealer conveyance fee. (hey, at least he was honest and told you its padded for profit!)

let us know how it goes!

-thene
  • cysperuscysperus Member Posts: 5
    I was looking at an SE 4 x 2 No Option Added, in another Houston Dealer. My offer of US$25,891 (Drive Out/OTD) was rejected. I just wonder what other fees did your dealer charge you on top of your negotiated selling price. I already factored in the 6.25% sales tax and the destination charge in my offer.
  • jarozijarozi Member Posts: 4
    The only extra charge was a $50 "documentation fee". When I mentioned no charges for add-on's earlier, I meant to bundle this in as well, "no crazy fees". At their dealership, they have some stickers from other Nissan dealers cars, showing how they have crazy mark-ups (ie. $1000 protection package that gets you some Scotch Guard and the VIN etched on your windows). Unless I was just fortunate, they didn't give me much BS with the deal. They have only been there a year, and they aren't in a very prime location IMO, maybe because of these factors they are more eager to deal.
  • cysperuscysperus Member Posts: 5
    I went to Champion Nissan Katy which is besides the Katy Mills Mall, but I found them to be more difficult than the first one I went to (Baker). At least on the first one I knew that I was about $428 off in order to seal the deal. I may have been pushing them too much since I only factored in a 3% dealership profit in my negotiated price (which is about $200 below invoice). I agree about the fees though, they are very vocal about their practice of not charging crazy fees. Btw I received an offer from them for basically the same unit I saw at Baker but they are about $500 higher.
  • apress12apress12 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to lease a 4x4LE with Nav in the WNY area(Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse). anyone have any pricing experiences in this part of the state?
  • tahquitz2580tahquitz2580 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease or buy a Pathfinder in the San Diego or Inland Empire Area ( eventually LA) Does anybody has buying experience in this area, Invoice Pricing seems to be 23800 for the Xe And around 25000 for the SE

Thanks!
  • icelvisicelvis Member Posts: 2
    Looking for the best price????????

Remember this post back on Feb 11th 2005: Read on:
    Hey all, we just bought two days ago and had a great experience. We did the Edmunds email out to the four dealers listed. In addition, we searched inventories on the Internet and email ones who actually let us view them (eight dealers total). If they had a large stock or something we were looking for we included them. We live in the DC area so there were plenty. Anyway, we outlined what we were looking for (05 Pathfinder SE 4x4 without options)and we added that we were pre-approved and ready to buy. DARCARS of Rockville, MD, responded immediately with $26,000 plus TTL and a $100 doc fee. This was well below what we anticipated and well below Edmunds TMV. To sweeten the deal the vehicle had four upgrades (molding, splash guard, microfilter and mats) and they had our first choice in color. Needless to say we are very pleased with our experience. Up until the last minute we were still on the fence between the 4Runner and Pathfinder, but as return customers to Nissan, we are very happy with the vehicle. Oh, and out of the eight dealers contacted only two replied; DARCARS was the only one that provided a quote.

This post saved me over $2.5K on the price of the vehicle by going to Darcars.

I had been tracking the price of the 4x4 SE for the past 5 months on this board and this guy/gal had the best deal to date. I put it to the test at the end of the month of April and guess what? I got a similar deal plus the comfort package from DarCars of Rockville MD. I contacted a bunch of dealers and they all were around 28,000-28,200 for this vehicle without the comfort package and NOT willing to deal. I called DARCARS and they offered me a similar deal w/the comfort package.
    26,400 + TTL.........28,100 OTD
    I drove a long distance to get this deal and yes it was at the end of the month, but if you want to save some cash then Darcars is the answer. If you live out of the state of MD , sorry, but at least you have some leverage with your local dealer. Great service, quick processing and friendly sales team.
    Who can beat this price?????????????????
    Happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am done.
  • zancrzancr Member Posts: 7
    Hey icelvis, what kind of kickbacks can I expect for the info?

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. It sounds like you actually did a little better than me. Did you by chance originally talk with the General Manager out there? That's who responded to me directly when we were looking.

Their service department impressed me as well. The guy seemed a little serious, but he followed through with everything...an all around good team at DARCARS.
  • carguy1234carguy1234 Member Posts: 233
    Anybody know when 2006's will be available to order? Or what changes if any they will have over the 2005?
    no clue on the '06 models yet. i don't think there will be any major changes coming, maybe some different colors. my guess is 06's wont be available til late this year (think october/november)

but thats just my opinion...who knows with nissan!

-thene :)
  • mypathymypathy Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased NISSAN PATHFINDER SE 4x4 with premium package in April 2005. I was wondering if anyone of you have bought or aware of how much a Maintenance+Plus plan(s) would cost. And are there any benefits to this plan?

Your expert input is very much appreciated.

Thank you
    if it is Nissan's plan, and you plan on keeping the car a while, i do recommend it (get the gold preferred - it covers everything!). I am not sure on pricing (though I believe it has gone up since last month) but maybe someone here can give you an idea. you can get different lengths of term, etc that can help with cost. you will be better off buying early on as opposed to waiting til you are almost out of warranty however...

good luck!

• tcarpentertcarpenter Member Posts: 3
    I would love to have the sales guys name and numbr. you did get a good deal. i cant get below invoice. how do you like it so far? what is you mpg?
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please do not ask for or provide the name of salespeople (or other dealership staff). Posts containing this or any contact information will be deleted. Thanks.
  • mypathymypathy Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the input Thene.

Any more inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks
  • dunkiedunkie Member Posts: 1
    I have a company VPP for Nissan, never used it before, any tips as to what to expect from dealers and what kind of price I should pay? Im looking for a Nissan LE Pathfinder, 05, with NAV.

many thanks
    Duncan
    VPP works out to be about $200 below invoice. Dealers are good about honoring the VPP price. It's a great way to get a great price without haggling. Enjoy your new Pathfinder!

good luck!

• mbaker65mbaker65 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a SE w/Comfort, Premium, DVD, microfilter, mats for $500 under invoice. I took the advice of fightingchance.com and faxed a number of dealers who gave me quotes. That and using Lendingtree for the financing and it was the easiest deal I ever made.
  • poohsavybearpoohsavybear Member Posts: 7
    Started shopping last weekend....hit the Nissan dealer first as we are long Nissan owners - we currently have a 96 Maxima SE and 02 Xterra SE/SC 4x4. Testdrove the Maxima and Pathfinder - loved the Pathfinder and the Maxima was nice but wasn't keen on the chrome interior. Test drove the Acura TL and fell in love and bought it. I still want to sell the Xterra and get the Pathfinder. If anyone can give me what invoice is on the following and what deals they've found on similar and if I can get less than TMV and/or invoice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Pathfinder SE 4x4 with offroad package
    -SE Comfort Package (in Pathfinder literature but not on Edmunds, not included in price below)
    -Premium Package
    -SE Offroad Leather Package
    -DVD Entertainment System
    -Splash Guards
    -Floor Mats
    -Sunroof Wind Deflector
    -Incabin Microfilter

In Virginia Beach area for Canteen Metallic:
    Edmunds MSRP - $36,380
    Edmunds Invoice - $33,331
    Edmunds TMV - $34,400
  • mandercrusomandercruso Member Posts: 1
    I printed out the edmunds TMV pricing report for the LE 2wd, no extra options. I took it to my dealer, he looked at it, and said he could to the "What others are paying" $31,614. He didn't even think about it, just said yes. I'm wondering if I can get even lower (invoice is currently listed as $30,894).

I'm going back this weekend to talk more numbers. Is this a good deal or should I see if they will go lower?

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • txcoupe1txcoupe1 Member Posts: 6
    05 Pathfinder SE with following: (Silver/Charcoal leather)
    Comfort Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Leather Pkg
    FIlter
    BSM
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof Deflector
    $31690 MSRP, Paid $29550 (about $550 over invoice)

Seems dealers do not have a large inventory on their lots. I was told there were only 3 equipped with the options and color I wanted.

Had driven Pilot and 4Runner but preferred Pathfinder for functional 3rd row seat and sporty feel/look.
    the SEs are tough to find with the equipment that you have, only because the lease special on the SE pathfinder is so fantastic, that people are scooping them up! glad you got what you were looking for - the pathfinder is a great SUV!

• mikesanmikesan Member Posts: 9
    Just got our 05 Granite Metallic LE 4WD with everything but Nav. Invoice was $34,794. Got it for $35,096 which is $302 over invoice. Might have done better, but we're happy with it. TMV is about $850 more than what we paid. Got $15,600 in trade for our 04 MPV, too. Shipping the car cross country and saving enough on tax to pay for the shipping. Can't wait to actually drive it in the snow!
  • kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    I just leased a 2005 LE with all of the bells and whistles minus the DVD player and Navigational System. Below are the details of the transaction:

MSRP: $35,940
    Trade-in: $3,750
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 12,000/yr
    Out of Pocket: $1,279 (1st pmt, Doc fee, taxes)

Monthly Payment: $325

Did I do okay? Could I have done much better? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I can't stop dwelling on the negotiation process and whether or not I could've done any better.

Thanks!
    no reason to dwell on whether you got a good price on the Pathfinder - a $325 lease with $1200 down is fantastic on a vehicle that is $35k. You did fine! You are getting a great vehicle for a fantastic price!

enjoy your Pathfinder!

• hifihomeboyhifihomeboy Member Posts: 5
    1st time leaseing. But here it is:

I wanted to get rid of my 2004 GMC Yukon 4x4. I still owed $26K, they shot me a trade in offer at $15500.00. I have high miles. Approx 83,ooo miles. So you get the idea.

I got a 2005 SE Pathfinder 2wd @ price of $30200.oo (maybe some chane). I did a lease for 39 months and 45,000 miles.
    I had put down $6000.00 due to the negitive equity was rolled into the Pathfinder. My payments will be $537.00 a month for the 39 months.

I am not sure if this was a good deal. But I am aware of being cautious of keeping low miles and doing this lease cause of the negitive equity I had carried. I am not sure in my situation if this was a bright thing to do, but the finance manger rest assure that this was really the only solution was to get into a lease and then at the end of this lease I will be set free. I do have the option to buy at the end term of my lease for the Pathfinder for $ 17757.oo (but I will not do that). I was told just to hand the keys and walk away w/ no fee charging to me. I did also get there maintance program for the 6 month or 7500 miles oil and tire rotation program along w/ the loan. So did I do ok in my situation? Now I can have the peace and mind of having warrenty once again. The Yukon was having ehaust and electric problems and wanted to get rid of it. Thanks
    I meant 2002 Yukon. (typo)
    wow! i was gonna say - 86k miles on an 04 is nuts!

anyways, leasing is tough when you have tons of negative equity to roll in. you really dont want to put tons of money into a lease since you don't get to keep the vehicle at the end, you are essentially renting a car from nissan. however, you were having problems with the yukon, and need to get out of it without making your payments ridiculously high. i think for the situation you were in, you did ok. its tough to tell what kind of deal you got, because i cannot tell you the ACV the put on your car (meaning what its worth to them) versus what they showed you. if you are happy with the car, and the payments, dont stress too much about any of the details. maybe you save a couple bucks here or there, but not enough to make you unhappy for the rest of the lease.

enjoy your pathfinder!

• differnetdiffernet Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I have been negotiating a lease with a local dealer for an 05 Le 4x4 with nav and a couple of other options.
    MSRP is 37910
    have been offered a lease deal as follows.
    399mo +tx
    1999 cap reduction
    first mo
    no sec dep
    ttl + reg etc...
    this is an 18k mi a year for 39mo.
    does this sound like a good deal? I was never given the actual sale price.
    I need to know If I should go through with this deal or not. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dan
    its tough to tell...1999 cap reduction on top of inception fees? it's always best to not put too much money towards a lease, because you dont keep the vehicle at the end (unless you buy it out, which isn't always recommended) if they want to charge you $1800 for fees (or whatever they are), plus $1999 cap reduction, i say you aren't getting a good deal at all! I'd ask them to see the discounted sale price before everything is calculated.

good luck!

• srbarnes4eversrbarnes4ever Member Posts: 4
    Just picked me up an 05 LE 4X4 with NAV and DVD today. Paid $1500 cap reduction plus 1st month's payment. Monthly payments including tax of $463 for 39 mos/39k miles. MSRP of $39,500, residual value at lease end of $22,100. Wondering how good (or bad) a lease deal this was. Thanks in advance,
    srb
    I got a question.
    I have a lease for 36 months. Payments are a little over $500.00 a month. So say if I wanted to get rid of this lease early. When can I get rid of it and what do I need to get for it?

At the end of my lease it says the total I will pay is $19200.00 ? Say if I wanted to get rid of it "NOW" , can I as long as the dealership I trade it to will gimme me $19200.00 for it? As is in my commited contract lease?? Thanks (Yes this is my 1st lease ever, I figure I'd ask before I do something in the near future)
  • petriepetrie Member Posts: 2
    Just signed the deal on an 05 Pathfinder XE - optional equipment included:
    - floor mats and carpeted cargo mat
    - splash guards
    - body color side molding
    - in-cabin microfilter
    - roof cross racks

tax, title, first payment and $200 down for a total of $1540.
    $3,000 trade-in allowance on a 98 Mercury Villager
    $295/mo for 39 mo.
    15,000 miles per year
    residual value of $16,500

Niagara Nissan, Lockport, New York
    Very nice people :D
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    You can get lots info from the leasing forum, but I can give you what I know(I am on my third Pathfinder lease). Basically there is no 'easy' way to get out of a lease early. If you just want to turn the vehicle in early, you are still obligated to make the remaining payments, plus lease termination fees which usually aren't cheap. It varies between leasing companies how these fees are determined. It usually outlines this on the back of the lease contract. Another option is to buy the vehicle from the bank, then try to sell it on your own. This is almost always a losing deal because the the buyout price is much more than the vehicle is worth. The $19200 you mention is probably the total amount of your payments at the end of the lease. Remember, you are basically renting the vehicle so you don't have any equity in it. If a dealership tells you you can trade it in, they are most likely buying the vehicle from the leasing company and then they'll roll the negative equity(usually several thousand dollars) into the vehicle you are going to buy/lease.

Like I said, you can go over to the Leasing forum and get much more info on this. It's a popular question. Hope this helps. Good luck!