Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Share your Pathfinder purchase experience here.

Comments

• zzr12zzr12 Member Posts: 18
    Bought my 04 LE 7 weeks ago. Retail price was 46,686 CAN. Paid 41,575 + tax. Dealer was great to deal with. The only glitch was that the 04 LE was advertised with " Aluminum kick plates with Pathfinder logo" and I have not seen any of the 04's with this feature. Nissan Canada is supposedly looking into this but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a accessory credit is in order. Other than that, so far so good.
  • pathy04pathy04 Member Posts: 27
    I purchased a 04 LE,4x4 platinum edition. This is my 2nd pathfinder, traded in my 01 SE 4x4. I was expecting a HID lamps but nevermind, Its a great vehicle. I purchased thru VPP program and the treatment was extremly pleasent. Finished the whole deal and got the keys in less than an hour. Purchaed in Nashville, TN

love my Pathy :-)
    I purchased my LE 04 Tennessee, USA, this had the aluminium skid plates in it. Dealer should be able to get this part. If not check with Nissan directly. Have fun with your Pathfinder
    They were actually aluminum "kick pkates", they are in place of the plastic ones at the edge of the door opening where the carpet ends. Does anyone else have these on their 04 LE? My dealer just told me that they do not exist in North America and that Nissan made an error in their advertising however they will order me a set from Japan. We'll see....
    Oh.. that was a typo on my previous message, I meant i have the Aluminium kick plates in the door entrance. i had a temporary 4x2 vehicle for 3 days until my dealer got my 4x4. Both had "kick plates" on it
  • 49erfan49erfan Member Posts: 1
    Hi pathy04,

I am considering buying a new 2004 Pathfind Platinum edition as well. Dealership around here is advertising 29,929.00. Is this in the range you paid? With 2500 cash back (incl in price) and the impending 2005, it appears the dealerships are trying to release inventory to make room for the new models. I think this is a great opp to negotiate price. I thin I can get them down a few notches.

Any insight you could provide would be appreciated!
    Thanks for the info. Do the aluminum kick plates have a Pathfinder logo or insignia in them and are they at all four doors?
    I paid 30000(on road price)inclusive of everything, But i bought thru VPP program.
    you should be able to get very near the invoice price, push the dealers to the max and avoid the extra costs like GAP vehicle care etc,which most dealers markup and include at the time of sign off

you have already made a good decision, 04 pathy;s are the last piece of Japanese equipment, so go ahead with your purchase unless you need a 7 seater(05 pathfinders)
    Good luck !!!
    The Front kick plates have PATHFINDER logos, while the back ones are without any logo...
  • mmw23mmw23 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2004 LE 4x4 Pathfinder and paid 28549 after rebates and minimal negotiation. I probably could have negotiated a lower sales price. However I'm very pleased with my purchase.

mmw23
  • howbarhowbar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Karen,

I have a couple of questions. My lease is up next month on my 2001 LE, and want to replace it with a 2004 Platinum Edition. I live in NJ, if that matters, and am wondering what you think a reasonable lease would be? On my first Pathfinder I paid $2000 out of pocket, and $409 a month for 39 months (which wasn't bad at the time.) With the 2005's coming out, is it safe to assume I should be able to do much better? Also, do you have any thoughts on the Murano? For the money, am I better off with the Pathfinder? Thanks for your help.

HB
  • towenstowens Member Posts: 1
    howbar,

You should be able to do much better! carsdirect.com is currently offering Pathfinders at $550 below invoice. Plus Nissan is now offering rebates of $3,750. I recently purchased a 2004 SE at $300 below invoice, received the $3,750 rebate and Nissan paid the last two payments on my exisitng lease. They are being very aggresive to clear these off the lots to make room for the '05s. Even if you are going to lease you still get all these benefits which will lower your monthly payment. E-mail a few Nissan dealers and have them compete. You have nothing to lose.
  • gbd21gbd21 Member Posts: 53
    Can anyone tell me of the best deals in or around St.Louis,MO.
    Thanks in advance.
  • md2020md2020 Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to see what prices people have been paying on 2004 Pathfinders with the recent $3250 cashback. I think the best deal I've seen so far is $200 under invoice for an SE 4WD before the cashback. This deal was in the MD area.
  • okbowlerokbowler Member Posts: 3
    My SE had a sticker of 34,440 and got a $7,500 rebate. Definitely making room for the '05.
  • jate1jate1 Member Posts: 1
    I found an 03 Pathfinder LE on the local Nissan dealer lot. It has an msrp of $35k. How much should I ask? I know that the 04s should be heavily discounted since the 05s are coming soon. The 03s hopefully should be discounted further.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
  • mmontagmmontag Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2004 Pathfinder SE 4x2 in Atlanta with the following options:
     - Popular Package (Radio: Bose AM/FM/Cassette/6 Disc CD Changer • Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls • Cargo Net • Retractable Rear Cargo Cover • Automatic Temperature Control) $800
     - Floor Mats $61
     - In-cabin microfilter $47
     - Glacier Pearl (metallic silver) exterior with charcoal cloth interior $0
     - Prices include $560 Destination Charge

MSRP Price = $28,500
    Invoice Price = $26,365

WHAT I PAID:
    Price Paid = $25,701.00
    Dealer Fees = $ 499.00
    Title & Reg = $ 47.00
    5% tax = $ 1,312.35
                 -------------
    Sub Total = $27,559.35
    Cash Rebate = $ 2,500.00
                 -------------
    Out The Door =$25,059.35

I got 3.59% interest through dealers finance department by purchasing a 60 month / 100,000 mile nissan warranty for $1,400 (really paying $1,000 more since by purchasing the nissan warranty they lowered the interest from 4.24% to 3.59%). I think I got a good deal.
  • colorado1colorado1 Member Posts: 1
    i found a 2002 pathfinder SE for $21,900. is has 22k miles and is fully loaded. what is a reasonable offer for me to put in?
  • bostonareabostonarea Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $24,100 (after rebate) for a black 2004 Pathfinder SE 4x4 w/ Sirius Satellite radio installed. Quote was from a dealer in the Boston area. Three questions - (1) Does this sound like a good deal? (2) What additional costs should I expect to face to close the deal? (3) Is paying the extra $4,000 for a 2005 4Runner a better deal in the long run?
    Thanks.
  • siznedsizned Member Posts: 1
    hi bostonarea,

1. that seems to be a good deal i just bought my 2004 pathfinder SE 4x4 with popular package @ $26,000 out-of-door price. it should have been only $25,900 but life is not a walk in the park and there are dealers out there that will still try to cut your arms even things are already been straightened out.
    anyways, everytime you cut a deal always have it on writing and bring your own calculator just to be sure on the numbers.

2. additional costs are documentation fees, tax and titles. the $26K that i got covers all of the added stuff.

3. we been on the same dilemma. if you got $4K lying around go for the 4runner, imo. but next best thing for me and wife without skipping meals is the pathfinder.

cheers!
  • bostonareabostonarea Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the reply. I am likely going with the Pathfinder. I will post a report after I close the deal with a detailed accounting of costs. And on a final note, I had written my original message before I test drove both cars and I much prefer the Pathfinder to the 4Runner! A nice surprise!
  • tomcat5tomcat5 Member Posts: 1
    We went looking for an 05 Pathfinder and while there were told of the deals on the 2004s.
    We Test drove an 04 SE and then an 05 XE and the difference was astounding in the 2005.
    Ride quality was smoother, much quieter, better interior, more features, and we like the new design as well.

Even with the offered $3,200 back on the 04,

We picked up a 2005 Pathfinder XE in Super Black with minimal options, as the Base XE is so totally loaded for a base trim, you don't need them..

Moving to the SE gives you so little for the $1000+ extra, it made no sense to me.. With the SE you get Compass / Temp gauge, Power driver Seat, ugly interior IMO and 70 series tires vs the 75's in the XE. Both XE and SE have the same rims.

There were only maybe a dozen 05's in the Central FL area only 2 XE's and No SE's, so bargaining power was minimal. Lots of LE's though

MSRP with options was $25,780 Dealer cost with all the options was $24,122 and we paid $25K even. Basically $800 or so over invoice.. Also got 700 over KBB for the trade in so we are pretty happy having one of the first baby Armadas.

Super Black looks Sweet on that big truck..

So now we are a 2 Nissan Family.
    2002 Frontier and 2005 Pathfinder
  • alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    "There were only maybe a dozen 05's in the Central FL area only 2 XE's and No SE's, so bargaining power was minimal. Lots of LE's though."

Would you mind sharing your dealer experience in the central florida area?

TIA

Dean
  • tonka9764tonka9764 Member Posts: 21
    All the bells and whistles make this the most luxurious on'off vehicle out there. The NAV and DVD were not a huge deal to me until I bought the truck.... I AM SO GLAD I got those options...! The nav is brilliant- even finds restauants by cuisine! It's fantastic.... and the DVD with the infrred headphones are great. Can even run the iPod through the sound system... This thing is 100%. I was looking at Infiniti FX for months.... saw the Pathfinder and bought same day!

Got it for about $900 under MSRP.
  • pghpa2pghpa2 Member Posts: 4
    Bought the SE with Comfort Package, floormats, spashgaurds,molding,air filter - MSRP $30,200 - invoice $27,683 - traded in my '02 CRV EX with only 17,000 miles - paid $12,000 difference - works out to be invoice for the new PF and Kelly Blue Book Trade in of $15,800 for the CRV - Dealer tried to add $695 "Dealer Maint" - I refused to even consider that - financed through local bank at 3.9% for 60 months - love the car, especially the power, Granite color was best in my opinion - rides & handles nice -
  • 123suv123suv Member Posts: 4
    storm gray 4x4 LE with navigation (no DVD entertainment) in the Virgina Beach area, total price quoted $35,300 + TTR. No other hidden fees. Fair price?

Appreciate all inputs
  • damavrdamavr Member Posts: 15
    I am looking for a 2005 LE with Navi. A good price is:
    Car $32,138
    Navi $1,735
    Floor Mats $168
    Splash Guards $108
    Microfilter $39
    Destination $560
    Total $34,748 so I made an offer for $35,000 and I think the dealer will take in. I have a trade in that complicates things but if you can squeeze the dealer down to $35,000 it will be a great price. $35,300 is still pretty good assuming it has all the extras I noted earlier.
  • perry46033perry46033 Member Posts: 2
    Picking up our 05 LE Pathie tomorrow. We did not get a good deal (I guess my hubbie wanted it really bad LOL) has all options except DVD player. $36,000 Not bad, but not great. And we did get a 3 yr maintenance package (oil changes etc.) We wanted it this week so we paid for convenience.
    If you are looking for a good price without hassle, try Carmax. I was amazed at how good their price was. On the same model they were at $34,500 +/-. Whatever it was, was only about $25 over invoice. WOW! The dealer is in Wash DC/Balt area and can not (or will not) transfer to local Carmax. You can find the price online and they had about 11 this morning of which 5 were LE editions.
  • foureyes3foureyes3 Member Posts: 165
    Well, I have seen a few baby armadas on the road. The 05 Pathfinder are taking longer because of the problems with the Titan. They are trying to make sure they don't repeat the same mistakes with the new pathfinder. They probably won't have a lot till around the Spring. I am surprised they have so many Le's on the market. I was considering getting a used 2002 pathfinder le until to the 2005 pathfinders become more negotiable. I have not driven the 2004 pathfinder or the 2005 pathfinder. The reports definitely point towards the 2005 pathfinder. I think Christmas right around the corner won't make them so negotiable.
  • dtmillerdtmiller Member Posts: 2
    I used the 'Blast Fax' technique 4 years ago on my 01 PF and it worked like a charm. So, I decided to give it a go on the new 05 PF LE w/NAV. I sent a fax to 10 local Nissan Dealers and the response was great! I received 4 immediate faxes back and 3 calls with their Best Offers.

The quotes came in at $36,300, $35,800 $35,500, $35,300 and the best offer is $35,000.

I plan to pick up my new Pathie this week.
  • jager32jager32 Member Posts: 15
    10 Local dealers, that a lot for the local area, I only have 2 owned by the same person (Colorado Springs).

One question, did you just ask for their best offers or did you suggest what you wanted to pay?

I've heard dealers get so many of these "quote" requests that they ignore a lot of them, but maybe that's not true.

$35, 000 is a great deal, I guess it depends on the competition that exists in the area.
    This is a follow up from my earlier message. It appears that the dealers are willing to deal in selling some of the new 05 Pathfinders. In the St. Louis area where I live there are literally 10 dealers within 75 miles so I am not sure if this is why but I have 2 firm offers for an LE 4x4 with navigation and dvd (which is the top of the line - fully loaded with all the extras) at $35,728 plus TT&L. This is about $500 below dealers invoice. I do have a trade in which may spoil the deal but I have asked the dealers what if I don't trade in and sales the trade on my own and they both stated that they will owner the price. On one of the dealers he has the car in stock so he may want to get rid if it and roll the money into something more profitable but the other dealer is willing to order so I am a bit skeptical. We will buying by the end of this week so I will give you an update when the deal goes through.
  • lsf9635lsf9635 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a granite SE with comfort package as well. I got the cloth interior. Where are the seating controls located on your drivers seat? Do you find they get in the way when getting in and out of the vehicle? I am tall and my legs always hit the controls on driver side of the seat and I have to continue to adjust the seat when I get in and out. Also, in the comfort package description it read 'Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors'. Are your mirrors illuminated and if so could you describe? I love the vehicle, I am a previous PF owner, but it seems the older models had a little more thought to them. Does the front passenger seat have a storage pocket on the back? The driver side does, but not the passenger? Why? The back window doesn't release from the inside anymore, and the lift gate doesn't release automatically from the outside. Also, did you get the dvd package? The dvd is in an awkward spot, it's between the driver and passenger. Those in the back can't load a dvd they can only control the player with the remote. I can't tell you about the quality of the picture because mine has not worked from the time I picked it up, and I've had the car for a month. I think Nissan should have given more thought to the little things.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    For questions not related to the purchasing process or to pricing, please visit our regular Nissan Pathfinder discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dtmillerdtmiller Member Posts: 2
    jager32 - I live in RI and we have 4 dealerships, then I included part of CT and SE MA, all within 75 miles. Good Luck with your purchase.

Here's an insert of my fax:

Nissan Dealers

RE: Purchase of 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Attention Nissan Sales Managers:

My wife and I currently own a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and plan to purchase a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder this month. Like all perspective buyers, we are looking to obtain the best deal, as well as develop a dealer/client relationship for years to come.
    I have indicated what I am looking for below:

· 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE
    · Super Black, Granite, Storm Gray or Silver Lightning Exterior
    · Graphite Interior
    · Navigation Package
    We just bought a silver 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 with navigation. Great looking SUV, did a lot of research between the Pathfinder and the Pilot. Also looked at the Minivans (Odyssey versus Sienna) and finally decided minivan was not for us even thought they have a lot more room.

The silver pathfinder looks great and the Navigation system is great. We debated in paying the extra $1,300 (invoice price) for the 7 inch dvd screen but decided it was not worth it. You can get an after market from your local electronics retailer for less than that with bigger screen and more features. Or you can buy 2 portable DVD players for $500 or less.

Now for the actual transaction:

The invoice price on the car:

LE 4x4 $32,138

Navi $ 1,735

Floor M $ 168

Splash G $ 108

Body M $ 92

cabin Fi $ 39

Destin $ 560

Invoice $34,840

The dealer showed me his invoices and it matched edmunds at $34,840. I did have a trade in with KBB value at $10,000. I gave them an offer of buying the Pathfinder at invoice $34,840 and give them my 99 CRV at $9,500 giving them a profit of $500 plus what else they could sell the CRV for. After a lot of negotiating and the sale manager coming in and me getting up couple of times to leave they accepted the offer. So realisticly price paid was invoice plus $500 for $35,340. I believe if did not have the trade in I could have even gotten the Pathfinder at invoice plus $300 but I did not want to waste more time to save $200.

This is the best month to buy if the dealer has it on the lot you ca buy it at least in my area at invoice plus a few hundred bucks which is $2000 less of what edmunds shows as TMV what other are paying.

Good luck.
  • rgncrgnc Member Posts: 2
    We started our buying experience last spring. We were originally interested in the Honda Pilot because of the great reviews. My wife insisted on having a moonroof though, so we decided to wait and check out the 05's. While waiting we discovered the 05 Pathfinder and were instantly drawn to it's great looks!

A couple of weeks ago we began e-mailing dealerships in the region to get quotes on a PF LE w/o Nav and w/o DVD. Here are the quotes we received:

Ben Mynatt Nissan 34105

Modern Nissan 34105

Asheboro Nissan 35350

High Point Nissan 35573

Some dealers didn't reply, others wanted to play games. Even if we could have gotten it at invoice we decided we really didn't want to spend that much money. So we looked at the SE model again to see if we could be happy with it and found the SE Off Road. The interior is not leather but it's different than the regular cloth interior of the SE. The next day we called and offered the dealer $31,000 and he countered with $31,500. We explained that we would shop around and he said wait... the manager said you can have it for $31,000. So here's what we got: SE Off Road, SE Premium Pkg, Body Side Molding, In-Cabin Filter, Splash Guards, & Floor Mats.

I'd like to thank Edmunds and all the people that have submitted e-mails describing their experience. All the information was invaluable in negotiating a satisfactory deal.
  • davmcdavmc Member Posts: 2
    We just leased an 05 pathfinder SE with premium pkg, comfort pkg, and dvd player. We did the whole deal over the internet and the salesman drove it 4 hours to my house to complete the paper work. The MSRP was 31500 and the purchase price was 29250 or about 500 over invoice. I paid 1999 at lease signing and my total note with all fees is 367 per month. The dealership is Leblanc Nissan in south La. I highley recomend them. I also got 15k miles per year with my lease. This is my 3rd pathfinder lease and nissan has been great. They even waived my last 4 notes on my 02 pathfinder.
  • mrgeekmrgeek Member Posts: 2
    Got a 05 LE 4x4 w/ Nav for $35052 and then got them to throw in a DVD for $500. Drive off with tax and title was $38600. I feel like I got a decent deal. Let me know what you all think.
  • fradanofradano Member Posts: 3
    Looks like I got a nice deal ~= to davmc. Since this website was helpful, I'm just passing along my experience. Like davmc, had a lease due 5/05, got the postcard allowing early trade in, so decided to take a peek. Went xmas eve -- prob a good day to do this as i found out -- got '05 Path SE SuperBlack/Tan interior w/premium & custom packages + DVD (didnt need, but only one on the lot that fit other specs). 39 mos & 15k/yr for $750 down all in ($350 +400 1st payment) + $400/mo at Sloane Nissan in Devon, PA. 2nd Path lease from these guys -- solid shop!
  • big_sbbig_sb Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like you got a good deal. I test drove the one and only Pathfinder they have at Mossy in o'side today. I'm trying to find one that best matches the lease program they have on the SE, either 4x2 or 4x4 (the 4x4s are hard to find in SoCal). Looking to get the SE in Canteen w/ Leather (another challenge). Has anyone else had a difficult time locating Pathfinders that fit into the lease offer they have till 1/3/05?

MSRPs are $29,900 (4x2) and $31,900 (4x4).
  • fradanofradano Member Posts: 3
    from the 3 dealers i talked to (following my fax), SE's with Prem & Custom packages & base LE's were in very short supply. One dealer mentioned an alloy wheel shortage (?), but another just said demand for those 2 were high. Also seemed like the deals on the LE's through 1/3/05 werent as compelling due to higher or lower residual values -- i forget -- just remembered that the theoretical thought of getting a base LE at a price similar to a multi-option SE (prem/ CSUT, DVD, Airbags, etc) was out of the question
  • davmcdavmc Member Posts: 2
    I used nissan's web site (search dealer inventory). This helped me find the dealers that had the model I was looking for. I would then e-mail the dealers through the wed site and paste the lease special to the e-mail and wait for their reply. It took a while but 2 dealers came back with good offers. They even drove it 4 hours to my house and I met them one my lunch hour to complete the paper work on my kitchen table. ps I had to change my search zone several times as the web site only allows you to search 100 miles from a zip code. hope this helps
  • gutsguts Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any actual Canadian purchase prices on any of the 05 Paths? I'm leaning towards the SE + premium package.
  • azpathfinderazpathfinder Member Posts: 6
    Well I made the jump and bought a first year production vehicle. After my first week I'm experiencing a rattle noise in the engine upon acceleration around 2000 rpms. It'll be going in the shop this Thursday. I bought an silver SE for $500 over invoice. I really like it but can't believe it's already going in the shop. I'll update later. I've noticed a few very faint noises inside, we'll see how they develop . I just hope Nissan's service dept. treats me right.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you could post your problem & the fix in our Nissan Pathfinder Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion, that would help other members who may be experiencing the same rattle.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I am now looking a 05 Pathfinder, SE with all options. Right now I have 1 dealer offering $100 under invoice. I am finding when I try to get over the internet pricing many dealers are hesitate to give me a quote. I am in the Chicagoland area. Any one have a good experience with the local dealers?
  • bambam16bambam16 Member Posts: 1
    I need to know if this is a deal i should go through with.The dealer wants to sell us an 04 se for $600 below invoice. Then we would also qualify for the cash rebate of $3250 and $500 graduate discount. In addition, they are throwing in a tow hitch as well. Let me know if anyone has gotten anything better. The total sales price would be $21377 without the dealer fee. WE are going to see the vehicle tonight and possibly move on it so I need responses as quick as possible.
  • nittanylionnittanylion Member Posts: 14
    I am very close to purchasing the new '05 Path LE Rwd with navigation, mats, side molding, and SRoof wind deflector. Edmunds invoice is $32,705 and True Marlet $34,853. Has anyone made a deal recently below TMV and closer to invoice? Thanks.
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I was able to get a deal $100 under invoice. Now they just need to find the car. The other dealer's did not believe the price and were not willing to match. I would suggest contacting all the local dealers and see who comes back with the best price.