Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nettainettai Member Posts: 3
    Did this include the Premium package as well with dual DVD system and all? By the way, can you post the name of the dealership. Also, there is no tax in NH correct? what other fees/charges were added to the selling price to arrive at this OTD number?
  • bassfserbassfser Member Posts: 3
    No DVD system.

No tax in NH, so the OTD price includes destination/title/dealer fees.
  • leppy105leppy105 Member Posts: 1
    That's a great price - with all the accessories probably close to 2K under invoice.

I'm looking at a Platinum Premium 4x4 in NY. I am returned my leased car and it has 3 months remaining. They are offering the vehicle @ invoice price, excluding TTL. I can get 60 months at 1.9% from a private bank.

I've been pushing them to go lower but won't budge, I guess because they are eating my last 3 car payments on my current Nissan? How does that work?
  • maxgqmaxgq Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Do you have some employee purchase program or know the dealer personally?

I was offered the 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Primium 4WD for 42,000 + 3,400TAX + 272.50Fees
    This includes Cross bar, bumper guard, slash guard, floormats and cargo cover. (This is in NY)

MSRP: 45,000
    Invoice: 41,700

Whats the secrete to get it 2k below invoice? Please share.

Thanks,
  • snowridrsnowridr Member Posts: 3
    I used truecar.com and negotiated a few extras from there....I was shocked, because it came in way under the TMV on this site....maybe because it was end of year, not sure, they did back date my paperwork to 12/31 and I took delivery on 1/2.
    also took the $500 nissan financing and applied for the edmunds cash card.
    I still have a 2002 Pathfinder with 193k on it, so I've only driven the new one 200 miles of so this month. I never expected a deal like that and really wasn't serious about a purchnase until I SAW THOSE NUMBERS.
  • bassfserbassfser Member Posts: 3
    I also bought mine right at the end of the year (29th of December) so I think the end of the year helped get my price. Also, you can try to use that $500 rebate for financing through Nissan as leverage. I told them the interest rate through Nissan was too high, but I still wanted that $500 off. I eventually got the extra $500 off, then went to finance the deal and said I wanted to finance through Nissan (giving me another $500 off). As long as I can refinance back to the lower rate (nothing on the Nissan loan says I can't), it will work out.

Also, I just received the Edmunds visa gift card in the mail (took about 5 weeks for delivery).
  • steel11steel11 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I bought SL 4x4 w/Premium package cross bars, splash guards illuminated kick plates and all weather floor mat set plus rear cargo protector: Price in Paramus Nissan in NJ $35400 includes destination plus tax $399 doc fee and $401 DMV tax was $2478(7%) out the door $38678 finnance it with Nissan 2.99%
  • gratefuldrivergratefuldriver Member Posts: 7
    2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL (no premium package)
    Cross bars
    All weather mats and cloth mats
    splash guards
    tow hitch
    Lifetime power train warranty included (locally)
    Lifetime oil change included (locally)

$36,000 OTD in North Carolina - $500 Visa Cash Card from Edmunds
  • gratefuldrivergratefuldriver Member Posts: 7
    This Nissan Pathfinder SL is a 4 x 4
  • webwatcherwebwatcher Member Posts: 9
    Hello gratefuldriver, this is a really good price for all the options you get. I am specifically interested in the Lifetime power train warranty. Is it only endorsed by your local Nissan deal who sold the Pathfinder to you? not a genuine Nissan Warranty? Could you share the breakdown of the cost like car price, TTL, Tax? this will be helpful for me to negotiate it. I want to buy the same 4x4 SL model. Thanks.
  • gglakegglake Member Posts: 1
    Chicago-land
    $38220 MSRP ($36050 base)
    SL 4x
    tow package - 400
    illuminated kick plates - 275
    splash guards - 150
    carpet mats - 200
    crossbars - 300
    wheel locks - no charge
    delivery - 845

$34,642 + 6% tax + $150 doc fee + $28 license transfer = $36909

-$500 NMAC
    -$500 Edmunds (3 weeks no response yet)

$35909 on the bottom line. FWIW, negotiated $2000 over KBB private party retail on trade-in($15k total) before MSRP negotiation (wound up a few hundred under VPP, my backup plan)

Took NMAC on $7500 @ 2.99% with 850 credit... the min finance charge. Beware... you must keep loan with NMAC for minimum of 4 months or pay back incentive.

loving it so far...
  • sgoyalsgoyal Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    I just went through truecar.com (my company prefers to go thru that if you want additional discount, I think one of the member also mentioned it earlier).

I got Guaranteed Saving Certificate email

SL 4X4 W/Premium package plus Splash Guard, Floor Matt, Bumper Protector, Cross Bar ,Illuminated Kick Plates

$36554 before TTL..

I'm thinking to do little bit more negotiation and Trade-in my Murano and hopefully deal gets done by EOM. (Got email from edmunds for $500 hurrahh)
    edited February 2013
    Dealers don't have a SL 4X4 with Premium package. But he got with DVD package including almost every options except Tow hitch (I've asked him to throw Tow Hitch free too).. He brought his price down $34766 plus $598 document fees ($35364)...

Final would be $35364+Tax, title and registration fees. . looking around $37600

My wife is looking with Premium Package and I'm going to meet the Dealer tomorrow and let's see if he brings more down since my wife is going to play bad cop LOL...
    Here's one of the Dealer in ATLANTA giving this. NOT sure how many loop holes are in this one? such as all the regular maintenance has to be done there including OIL change or stuff... I'd find out more

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
    "Lifetime means lifetime as long as you own your car your vehicle is covered."

PLUS

TWO YEARS BASIC MAINTENANCE
    (Good at any factory authorized Nissan dealer in the U.S. and Canada)
    edited February 2013
    Here's the Deal I'm getting... Please let me know if it's good or NOT.

SL 4X2 , Tow package, Illuminated Kick, Cross Bars, Splash guards (Cayenne RED and Charcoal.

$32917 (before $500 NMAC financing)... plus Tax, title and fees...
    Here's another offer:

SL 4X4 Cayenne RED with Almonds(my wife wants Almonds with RED)

SL Premium Pacakge
    Splash Guard
    Illuminated Kick
    floor mat

37700 OTD... including LifeTime Powertrain warranty (it's from 3rd party I guess, that's how they do it)
  • tims2ktims2k Member Posts: 9
    We are in final negotiations on a Platinum Premium 4x4 and I'm curious what others have paid for their extended warranty. The Pathfinder comes with a 36 month, 36K bumper to bumper, but what about extended warranties?

I've heard that these can be purchased from any Nissan Dealership (location doesn't matter). What have others paid for theirs? We're looking for a 7-year, 100K warranty?
  • stingray019stingray019 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up my new Pathfinder yesterday. I was going back and forth with the color Artic Blue and Mocha Stone both Almond interior. Boy Im glad I got the Mocha Stone, very awesome looking especially late afternoon early evening. The color seems to change from day to evening. Anyways, you really need to do your homework when dealing with them. I did all the negotiations via-email between 4 different dealers in chicago, I finally made a deposit with the dealer with the lowest price. You know whats funny though every dealer says they are the Largest Dealership in the Midwest. So heres my price MSRP $ 44920 Sale Price $ 40454 with 3.9% APR. Lastly, if you finance the car with them ALWAYS ask the finance guy the " buy rate ", because the banks give the dealers a lower rate then the dealer raises the rate 1 to 2 points..they have to disclose if you ask. Btw, anybody purchased the extended warranty, if you did what are the terms and cost. They offered me $ 1013 72months / 75000 miles.....sorry this took so long to write
    My dealership offered my $1014 for 7years / 75000 miles, have you found a better deal,

thanks
    edited February 2013
    I'm doing same thing. I don't like to go to dealer unless I agree with numbers. I'm talking to 3 dealers and waiting for the last one to send me OTD price on my SL 4X2 w/premium package, cross bar, illuminated kick, splash guard and rear bumper protector.

My wife and I both were confused with Cayenne RED and Mocha.. but we settled on RED.. Mocha is my another favorite color.

Whoever gives me the lowest price, going to get it from him.
    SL 4X2 w/Premium Pkg, Illuminated Kick, Carpet floor, Bumper protector, splash guards cross bar

MSRp: 39670
    Invoice: 36453

Agreed Price: 34000... plus documentation fees, tax and title fees.

Trade-in would be negotiated tomorrow.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    Just did paperwork for
    2013 SL 4x4, black on black with
    kickplates,
    floor mats,
    stainless steel bumper protector,
    cross bars &
    tow package.

MSRP was $38,070 (not including the bumper protector - they are adding that on at my request)

My price, before TTL $32,933.

I am financing 1.9% for 60 months have applied for the $500 Edmunds visa card.
    Curious to hear what others think. I believe this is a good price? Your thoughts?
    Should I negotiation even more?
    Looks like a very good deal. I was offered similar deal but it had DVD pkg so price went up 1700. I didn't want DVD so I moved on to current deal.

Where are you getting this deal?
    This deal is with Barberino Nissan in Wallingford, CT. After much negotiating & going back forth with area dealers I felt like this was a good deal, but really wanted someone else's opinion. Thanks!
    I think thats a great deal, mine was $44920 MSRP sold for $40450

Platinum / Premium Package / 4 Piece Floor Matts / Illimunated Plates / Splash Guards / also LIFETIME POWERTRAIN Warranty nationwide

Anybody thinking about getting the extended warranty? If so let me know your deal, also getting accessories from mynissanoarts.com I think thats the cheapest I have searched so far.
  • cliffy2112cliffy2112 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    I think you did pretty good.. (better then me).

I got the identical vehicle with msrp of 38,070 for 33050.. It took hours of bickering, but was well worth it.. By the end the sales manager only would give me angry stink eye..

Thus far love the ride (appx 400 miles).. I got black on black as well which I think looks pretty good, except when they salt the roads... I would have prefered slate, but they didnt have it at the dealer so I went with the Michael Knight edition...
    I have a black Highlander now and agree - it does show all the dirt, but when it's clean - man it looks good. The black PF immediately caught my eye when I was looking around. With the chrome accents..looks sharp. Thanks for your opinion on my price. I feel like I'm at the "stink eye" point with the dealers around here now too.
    edited February 2013
    Yes.. the Chrome is a nice addition..

Also make sure to sign up for the $500 edmunds deal before you sign... I submitted the paper work, got a confirmation email right away.. But you need to do it before you sign.
    edited February 2013
    I agree on Edmunds $500 Gift Card. It's an extra discount and better sign up before you sign the paper.

My new car deal is done and We are fighting on 2006 Nissan Murano right now.

I was able to bring dealer to $33834 (before fees and TT) for SL Fully loaded every options available (except DVD LOL)
    33834 with a platnium package?? Really nice job.

I think the wording on the edmunds card says it must be signed up before you sign.. I assume you could do it same day, but anything else would just give an easy reason to reject the rebate..
    edited February 2013
    Yes but it's SL 4X2 NOT 4X4... But I still think that it's a good deal because NO other dealer is going below 34K+ in my town...

No dealer has SL 4X4 in ATL with SL Package since they sell very rare.

On top of that I'm getting Limited Lifetime warranty plus 2 year of Basic maintenance free... I'm negotiating 100 Gallons of gas free since they had that flyer few days ago LOL
    I went to different dealer since my original dealer won't give me more than 7K on my 2006 nissan murano SL trade-in...

New dealer same price on new pathfinder plus gave me 9300 trade in value... so saved me some tax money too...

SL 4X2 Cayenne RED/Charcoal W/Premium package, cross bar, illuminated kick, floor mat, bumper splash, rear bumper protector

27 OTD after trade in...
    I've already signed up for the gift card, got the email confirmation. Now just waiting to sign the paperwork so I can fill out the online submission form.

The car I test drove had the "passenger air bag off" light illuminated the entire time someone was sitting in the passenger seat. I told the dealer before I signed the paperwork I wanted them to check that out & fix it. In the meantime I'm still price shopping! LOL but I think the $32,933 will be my best bet. BTW - I did notice on plenty of places on the net that there is some issues with that airbag light. Check yours out everyone & make sure it's working properly!
    $1014 doesn't sound too bad. Is it a Nissan warranty?
    How do you apply for the Edmund's Visa Card? I'm not seeing it on the site.
    edited February 2013
    You might be see some ad for Nissan $500 rebate or look for Nissan Incentive thru edmunds and sign up..

You should get an email within few hours.
    edited February 2013
    If you bring up the 2013 pathfinder for research in edmunds it usually appears.. May take a couple times..
    I noticed on the paperwork that was written up this weekend that they had a pre-printed amount on the form of $499 - I'm guessing it was the dealer prep fee?? Sounds high to me. What do others think? And is this negotiable? Again - I haven't signed the paper work yet, so I want to know what I can still negotiate before I sign on the dotted line. Thanks!
    Mine had a prep fee for $65.. I guess everything is negotiable, and depends on how much you want to bicker..
    In my town, Dealer charges $599 document fees and they never take that away but would throw some extra accessory or bring the real price down LOL
    Hmmm... maybe that's why they didn't argue when I asked them to put the bumper protector on for free!
  • snowridrsnowridr Member Posts: 3
    It's been over 6 weeks since I submitted my application, jsut wondering.
    You can always send them email with your confirmation number and they usually response within 24-48 business hours.
    edited February 2013
    I signed the paper on Sunday and my car was supposed to come from different state since they didn't have my choice of Exterior/Interior Color plus SL Premium package with options..

When I went to get my car today, They gave me different Car with new VIN#.. Plus I was promised Car won't have more than 300 miles (I knew that since car was coming 270 miles away).. But the car, they gave me today had 500 miles and new VIN.. I said BYE BYE Ladies..

My contract is voided since you couldn't deliver the car I wanted. LOL

Here's what I got, I got the car OTD $36453 (invoice price) PLUS Silver Value 1&2 (Prepaid Maintenance) and Cargo pkg since it wasn't part of the original deal..

I wasn't walking out without that car anyway but I wanted them to sweeten the deal lil better LOL
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    The dealer fee is very common in alot of states. The amount is variable and is sometimes called or listed as another fee name. I always negotiate a cap cost on a vehicle and take into consideration the fee. Many dealers will not take it off, but can throw in any extras as has been previously mentioned.
    Sounds like you got a great deal in the end! I'm supposed to be picking mine up this weekend. I will post final details, OTD price, etc. when all is said & done. They are getting mine from another state too - wonder how many miles it will have on it when I get it?!

How are you liking yours so far? What color combination did you go with?
    $499 Prep fee sounds high to me. I've looked at several deals in CA that did not even have a prep fee. CA's problem is the high 8% sales tax.
    I just took delivery of my new Pathfinder in Northern California. Here are the details:

2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4x4
    Platinum Premium Package, Splash Guards, Cargo Package
    MSRP - $44,645

OTD Price Breakdown
    Price of Car - $40,132.00
    Doc Fees - $80.00
    Sales Tax (8.00%) - $3,216.96
    Reg/Lic Fees - $375.75
    Total - $43,804.71

Reg/Licensing Fee Details
    Electronic Vehicle Reg - $16.00
    Vehicle License Fees - $261.00
    Registration/Title Fees - $90.00
    CA Tire Fees - $8.75
    Total Reg/Lic Fees - $375.75

This is our first Nissan and so far, we're very happy with this car.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Preparation of a vehicle is included in the price of the vehicle. Dealers adding a separate "prep fee" are simply padding their profit. Just like they do with document fees.
    Ok they are calling it a "dealer conveyance fee." 3 different dealers that I dealt with had it on their form -all around the same price. Haven't taken delivery of the car yet, but it's probably too late to negotiate it at this point since I signed the purchase order already. Even with that added in, I still feel pretty good about the deal I'm getting.