Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sgoyalsgoyal Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2013
    oh, My wife and I lovin' it but Kids are crazy about CAYENNE RED color with Charcoal (due to kids). They don't want to sit in my Lexus anymore LOL....

One more thing, I noticed that he put that service plan worth $700 in my contract. After I calculated OIL Change and Filter cost (it won't cost more than $300)... I already called Nissan consumer Affair to cancel it HAHAHA... they sent me the cancellation form. So the Price would go $700 more down ...
  • willcoverwillcover Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Question to those that may know more than me. Have received word from two different dealers that the 2013 exterior color Mocha Stone is being discontinued, which is why this vehicle is hard to come by (Platinum Premium).

Any validity to the dealerships' claim?
    WOW, If it's true rumor...

Mocha was our second choice if our dealer couldn't locate Cayenne RED with Charcoal...

I'll call my dealer and see if they know anything about it.
    Thank you for checking. FWIW, I am located in Louisiana.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Here's final info:

2013 Pathfinder 4x4 SL
    black with charcoal interior
    illuminated kickplates
    carpeted floor mats
    roof rack cross bars
    trailer tow package
    stainless steel bumper protector
    wheel locks

MSRP: $38,070
    Negotiated Price: $32,433
    Tax: $2,122.87
    Reg, Title, etc. $111.00
    Dealer Conveyance fee: $498
    OTD price: $35,164.87

We had signed the purchase order on 2/27/13 - took delivery today, 3/2/13. Dealer gave us the lower apr that took affect 3/1/13 so ended up financing for 0.9% for 60 months - that was a pleasant surprise at the dealer today!

PLUS Have applied for $500 visa gift card with Edmunds. :)
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    I have placed my order for a 2013 platinum basic and we have agreed on a trade in price for my current vehicle. Now he tells me that I can't get my platinum cayanne red pathfinder for 3 or 4 months. Also he says he will have to re-appraise my vehicle at that time. I am thinking he just wants to reduce my trade in price. We have signed a sales agreement with the final price, but I am thinking that I should wait for a 2014 model this fall. There was no discount on the retail price but he gave me a very reasonable trade in allowance.
    Any idea when the 14 models will be out? :confuse: :confuse:
    Jim
    That's why it is very important not to discuss trade in until everything else is finalized in writing regarding the purchase price of the new vehicle.
  • cliffy2112cliffy2112 Member Posts: 9
    Are you paying MSRP? I would say your paying a significant chunk of change more if its for a specific color only. There are many platinum available, going for around invoice pricing which is much less then msrp. I understand getting the color you want, but you should evaluate the pro's/con's of paying that much extra for a specific color.
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    Agreed. I had a dealer offer me a Platinum 4WD (MSRP $42,095) for $37,142 last week. By way of example...
    No one should have ever pay an extra penny over Invoice. I got my OTD at invoice price (SL 4X2).. I got my own choice of color and package.
    When I was going through negotiating, I had dealers drop out of the negotiation process when I would tell them the price another dealer was offering me. Why can some dealers sell you the car for below invoice and other cannot? Or is it that they can, but they won't?

I began my negotiating with 5 local delaers. In the end only 2 came down to the same price. The others said (1) there's no way they're selling you an SL for that price; (2) they're just telling you that price to get you in the door; (3) the deal will fall through - and when it does, call us back.
    Hard to say exactly, but there are lots of ways dealers make money, including rebates, dealer handling, holdbacks and volume incentives from the manufacturing (so called "two-tier" pricing or stairstep pricing). I think this made the news last year with Honda.

I heard the same story with our recent sales negotiations ("they must be hiding something, that would lose us money") but the guy we went with (best service, best price) told me they prefer to offer best price up front to get the money from Nissan via volume. Thinner margins, perhaps, but probably more predictable...and you make very happy customers.
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    The dealer gave me approx. $2000 more for my trade than any other dealer and he reduced the doc. fee by $200. Also I called Nissan Canada and they advised me that at the Vancouver International car show they will be handing out coupons for $1000 off for any 2013 Nissan product. So I won't be paying list price. None of the dealers would drop their prices close to inv.as there is a shortage of new Pathfinders here. I will be waiting about 3 months to get ours.
    The US dealers seem to be more likely to discount a new vehicle than Canadian dealers. I may sell my vehicle privately and then negotiate a better cash deal. I have had a few dealers offer a 1500. discount for a cash deal.
    Not a great deal bujt better than list.
    Cheers,
    Jim
  • princetonianprincetonian Member Posts: 2
    Just put an order for a Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium in Central Jersey area. Delivery by 3/7/13.

Dark slate, almond leather interiors, Premium package (primarily Bose+dual sunroof)

MSRP: 40470
    Final negotiated price: 36500
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Doc fee: $350
    Tax: Approx $1450
    Down payment: $2880
    36 mo lease: $465/mo for 12000 miles per year

-Sam
  • js1116js1116 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    So, I thought I got a great deal until I saw this forum!

MSRP: 45,270
    Black w/ Charcoal
    Roof Racks
    Cargo Package
    Kickplates
    Carpeted floormats
    Maybe one more thing - can't recall off the top of my head.

Negotiated price: $41,500 (w/ recording fee of $220 included)

I did get KBB value for trade in on my 2010 Traverse. :)

Will pick up on Friday.

I see people on here getting 5-6k off MSRP! Please share your secrets! WDYT? Good, Bad or Neutral?
  • princetonianprincetonian Member Posts: 2
    Look up Truecar.com, if you haven't already. Very good site that offers average prices paid by others in your area for the car you are watching. If it finds dealers in your area that have signed up with TrueCar, you will also get "certificates" from those dealers for a really good low price. Caveat is that they will claim the car has to be on their lot (i.e. they will not offer Truecar price on something they have to locate outside). Having said that, I still got my dealer to agree to a price only slightly over the Truecar price. Pretty good deal, I thought.

-Sam.
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. Truecar is a great place to start! In the end I got mine $2,000 BELOW what the Truecar certificate said (before TTL) - from another dealer that did not participate in Truecar pricing. Everything is negotiable...keep pushing to get what you want for a great price!
  • js1116js1116 Member Posts: 2
    According to Truecar, I got the truecar price on a car they had to locate. They said the target price was 41,532. So, I guess that is really not too bad. There was one person who purchased one in my area for a lower price, but I guess you can't feel to bad about that. I'm just wondering what area of the country it is that people are getting the really good deals! I'm midwest - invoice or slightly below seems about all you get here. :shades:
    I'm in the Northeast.
  • waterddwaterdd Member Posts: 1
    Blue SL Prem FWD with floor mats, splash guards, wheel locks, nitrogen in tires, and free service for a year.

MSRP: $38,695
    Negotiaged price: $34,300 (including $500 discount for 2-year financing)
    OTD price: $36,880.75 plus one very satisfied customer :D

If you are in the Atlanta area, go to Town Center Nissan and ask for Rick Mackrell. Tell him David Waters sent you and he'll take good care of you.
  • cpegues3cpegues3 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been able to still get the $500 cash card 30 days AFTER they submitted the request? Meaning - I signed up for the offer 1/27 and we weren't able to get a deal done. Well the 30 days have past and I still have the email with the offer but worry I'll get denied as the initial 30 day window has past. We want to go purchase the car tonight and would really like to know if we can put an extra $500 down and have that card as well.
    edited March 2013
    No secrets, I don't think - just a lot of email. We sent a lot of communications and did a lot of negotiating. We paid a couple thousand under what TrueCar is predicting for our area, so I tend not to trust it, but I'm sure it varies wildly.

SL Premium 4WD w/ carpeted mats, splash guard plus cross bars, all weather mats, aftermarket WeatherTech cargo liner (behind 2nd row) and 6 oil changes thrown in for
    • MSRP: 39,895
    • Sales Price: 35,029
    • Lease Cash: 650
    • Net Cap: 34,379
    Plus the $500 edmunds card.

We paid acq fee up front so as not to pay finance cost and tax on that, but that's it - no downpayment. Same dealer gave me a quote on a Platinum (base) for ~$37K on a $42K MSRP.
    I'd probably try to resubmit for the gift card before I went to purchase. Use your wife's email this time, for instance...

I wouldn't put any money down regardless, tho. Most folks do not recommend tying up any of your capital in a car that you don't own...plus you have to pay sales tax on any downpayment (at least, in a lot of states you do) = double whammy.
    David,

I bought the same Pathfinder SL FWD Premium Pkg but RED color. I got illuminated kicks, floor mats, splash guards, nitrogen in tires, bumper protector, cross bars, cargo pkg OTD 36600 (including Silver Maintenance pkg 1 and 2) from Nalley Nissan...

I'm waiting for $500 edmunds gift card...

congrats on your Pathfinder... We are lovin' it esp the Sounds system.. I'm pounding my Pathfinder whenever I get a chance.
  • kingdavid1027kingdavid1027 Member Posts: 1
    Just heard on the news yesterday of a factory recall for 2013 Nissans which include the 2013 pathfinder. Anyone experiencing these issues with the weight sensor for the passenger airbags?

Just bought our white platinum 4x4 the day before too! 43650 out the door with roof rails and mats. 9% tax! oh well
    I knew it! One I test drove had the airbag issue going on! Luckily I have not experienced the problem with the one I ended up purchasing though.
    Does anyone know - is that light supposed to be lit when there is no one in the seat???
  • daveddddaveddd Member Posts: 1
    Pittsburgh PA, Dealing with 1 Dealer (through work)

SL Premium 4x4
    Arctic Blue Metallic

"Roof Rail Crossbars $300
    Splash Guards (4-piece set) $150
    Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector $200
    Dual Head Restraint DVD Monitors $1,850
    Carpeted Floor Mats (4-piece set) $200
    Cargo Package $200
    Illuminated Kick Plates $275
    All-season Floor Mats (4-piece set) $135"

MSRP- $43,255
    Offer price $38,532 (Plus Taxes (7%)and Tags) $41,447
    $4,723 off I though was great until I started reading some of the deal on this forum?

Dave
  • swish2125swish2125 Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to buy a 4WD SL with no additional accessories, what do you all think I should be paying out the door? Do you all know if dealerships cover the shipping costs to ship to new Orleans?
  • swish2125swish2125 Member Posts: 2
    that sounds like a good deal, what dealership did you buy it from? And who was your salesman if you do not mind?
    Middletown Nissan in CT. Salesman was Justin.
    Based on the owner manual, When you start the Pathfinder the light will lit for certain seconds/minutes (don't remember by heart)... But it'd turn off after that time...

All I know 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has some Transmission recall esp before Dec build pathfinder..
  • superdavescsuperdavesc Member Posts: 2
    After reading this forum I am asking myself if I am making a bad deal. Here is what I am dealing on:
    2013 Sl premium, splash guards, mats, cross bars, bumper protector, kick plates
    Sales price $36,620
    Doc,Ttl $740
    OTD $37,360

Let me know what you think, thanks
  • stingray019stingray019 Member Posts: 4
    That is kinda high. I purchased the Platinum with Premium, kick plates, mud guards, floor Matt's. MSRP $44920. Sale price $39950. 2.9% 60months
    Shop around, I purchased mine in Chicago
  • superdavescsuperdavesc Member Posts: 2
    I did more talking to the dealer, and he came off $500.
    Now the sale price is $36,120

That helps a little.
    Thanks
    2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum (3.5L V6 CTV Automatic)

Options:

Platinum Premium Package
    Cross Bars
    Cargo Package
    4-Piece Carpeted Floor Mats
    Illuminated Kick Plates

Negotiated sales price: $39,787.00 OTD (Montana title and registration = no sales tax). About to purchase.

.9 % APR for 60 months.

Quick clarification needed. Being told that the S and SV are the only models that qualify for $500 Customer Bonus Cash. Is this correct? Edmunds makes it appear as if Customer Bonus Cash applies to all models, while TrueCar states that Customer Bonus Cash is only available for S and SV models.

Lastly, has anyone received the $1000 Pathfinder Conquest Direct Mail? Here are the details:

A select group of targeted consumers will be given $1,000 in Customer Bonus Cash towards the purchase or lease of an eligible vehicle. Eligible Customers will receive a unique authorization code. Note: authorization codes may only be transferred among family members living at the same address. Customer must present this authorization code at the dealership to validate offer or authorization code can be located on the Nissan Incentive Award site by searching for Customer Name. No dealer manifest will be provided. Limit one offer per individual. Limit one offer per vehicle.

Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated and encouraged.
    No Taxes in your city?
    Have not heard of the $1,000 customer bonus cash. How did you hear about that - through Nissan website?

The Edmunds $500 cash back is good for all models. If TrueCar is telling you something different they may be referring to a completely different cash back offer. As far as I know the Edmunds offer is good for Edmunds only and has nothing to do with TrueCar.

Hope this helps! Good luck - you'll love your PF!!
    The $1K Pathfinder Conquest Direct Mail program rebate is mentioned on NADA's web site. Also, if you type in "Pathfinder Conquest Direct Mail" program on Google, you will see many different dealerships pop up.

I have the Visa gift card offer from Edmunds (just need to take delivery of vehicle) ready to send off.

To clarify, Edmunds is stating that Nissan is offering $500 Cash Back and 0 % APR up to 36 months / 0 % APR from 48 to 60 months and appears valid for all 2013 Pathfinder models.

TrueCar is only showing 0 % APR up to 36 months / 0 % APR from 48 to 60 months and NO cash back offer.

Just wanting to know what others are experiencing from their dealership.
    edited March 2013
    Saw it mentioned (or so I believe) a web site that sells OEM accessories for 2013 Nissan Pathfinder on here, but now I can't locate it.

Any recommendations on where I should look online assuming it is less expensive that buying from Nissan directly?
  • kamilmastakamilmasta Member Posts: 6
    I have just purchased 2013 pathfinder SL 4x4 with the following specs:

2013 SL 4x4 (mocha stone exterior and charcoal interior)
    - tow package
    - cross bars
    - illuminated kick plates
    - mud guards
    - floor mats

MSRP $38220

After some negotiations I was able to get the car for:
    Price of the car and destination fees: $33200
    documents fee: $75
    registration $225
    nys tire fee: $15

I also got free one year oil changes (maybe it is free 2 year of oil changes don't remember the details now)
    I got 0.9% financing for 60 months. I am now waiting for my $500 edmunds card.

I saw someone mentioned that they got a similar vehicle for $32,433 + $498 (Dealer Conveyance fee) but when I called that dealer they said that person participated in nissan vpp program, and that he can sell similar car for $1100 more.

I got the deal at the end of the month and dealer asked me not to share the details... :-)

One thing that I wanted to advice people is to watch for dealer tricks. The dealer I was dealing with tried to get me into high 3.99% financing, then tried to include different warranties. I walked out 3 times and was stopped 3 times.

When I got home I noticed that the price submitted to the bank was $33850 - $500 rebate. That would mean that the price is higher than $33200 I negotiated by $150. I suspect that the $150 are finance charges (but maybe this was the dealers way to get more money without me noticing). I was told by the finance lady I got a great deal, but I am sure they tell it to all their customers.

In the end it was a little stressful but was worth it.
    That was me - and yes, I used the Nissan VPP Program for my purchase. I didn't realize the VPP program really gave you that much of a discount!! Glad I was able to use it!

Purchased the car on March 2, 2013 - and just yesterday received my $500 Visa gift card in the mail.

One month later and I still love the car. Good luck with yours!
    Ah, so the dealer was not lying... :-).

The deal I got was about $270 more but again, I did not get vpp special pricing. Considering that I think the deal I got was pretty good.

I am happy that you were able to get it for such a low price. It helped me in my negotiations. Once I secured my deal, I contacted middletown nissan and found out that your deal was special due to vpp.

I like the vehicle, especially the comfortable ride.

Good luck with your pathfinder.
  • sstarrx3sstarrx3 Member Posts: 4
    2013 SL 4x4 (Cayenne Red with Almond Interior)

-Carpet Floor Mats
    -Cargo Package
    -Illuminated Kick Plates
    -Dual DVD Entertainment System

MSRP $39,900

No Negotiation
    Paid $34,267 plus TTL out the door.

Flew from Charlotte to BWI and CARMAX dealer picked me up at the airport and drove me to White Marsh Maryland CARMAX to sign the papers and I drove the car back home. A $140 plane ticket to pay $2000 less on a car was well worth it. Highly recommend CARMAX new car dealerships. My salesman told me they have had folks from NY and as far away as Texas fly up to buy cars from them and drive them home. It was a nice 7 hour drive home and I got the car broke in all at once.
    You may have a hard time finding that exactly. They will most likely have at least floor mats. I honestly think you should fly from NO to BWI and go to CARMAX. You will get over $5000 off MSRP and its no haggle. What you see is what you get. Their DOC fee is only $99, not hundreds like many dealers.
    Nice Find starrx3. I checked carmax and vehicle that I got costs on carmax around $100 more. Then there is additional cost for the plane ticket price, gas and also time lost to drive the vehicle back.

However for someone that does not want the hassle of negotiating it seems to be a very good option.

Did you finananced? If yes what rate did you get?
    Yes I financed. I got 0.9% for 60 months. The car dealers down here are not as nice. I actually had one tell me that I was going to have to go to Baltimore to buy the car. I offered him the same price I paid at Carmax and their car didn't have the dual DVD system on it. They wanted over $1000 more. If it had had the dual DVD they would have wanted over $2000 more.
    Yah, I know what you mean. I am glad it worked out for you.
    I received my Edmunds $500 (took exactly 4-5 weeks to get it)
  • kosta1kosta1 Member Posts: 11
    You guys helped me a lot so here is my experience. I got the Platinum 4X4 with the platinum plus package (sunroof and dvd) mats and roof racks. I live in Southern California. It was hard to locate the dark slate color in the platinum here. Finally, I located one with Surf City Nissan. After agreeing on a price of 43,500 otd, I drove for 3 hours in California traffic and once I arrived they try to jerk me for few hundred dollars. I am a man of principles and left. Drove to Palm Springs Nissan few days later after agreeing on 42,950 OTD, I had absolutely no problem, came signed the papers and left. Drove 1000 miles round trip to Mammoth a day later with my family and the car was great. Just applied for the $500 cash rebate from edmunds that would bring it down to 42,500 OTD. Let me guys know what you think or any questions, I will monitor the board for few weeks. Forgot to mention,I'm coming off from an Infinity QX 56, the car had 70,000 miles on it and never had a problem with it. Nissan is a little smaller, but the power and handling is great.