Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1789101113»

Comments

• matn1943matn1943 Member Posts: 2
    I have seen several references to $500 from Edmunds. Can anyone tell me what that is and how to access?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• matn1943matn1943 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the link. I see the Nissan incentive, but no Edmunds incentive.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    Just got off the phone with my dealership. I posted this note before but got no responses. Now it seems there will be a recall on this new problem with the 2013 PF.

When I open the trunk I hear a loud clunk or bang as it gets about 1/4 of the way up. Come to find out it is the back hatch/door hitting the roof of the car. Seems there's not enough space between the hatch door & the roof & the hatch hits the roof when you open it & then bangs when it forces its way open. (Hope this makes sense.) In the process of the hatch & the roof rubbing each other, my paint has started to chip away.

Dealer said this is a NATIONAL problem with the new PF and they are working on a solution, but I shouldn't expect a solution for at least a month.

So, now 2 recalls to be had on the car... first the passenger airbag sensor and now the trunk/hatch. I love my car, but have to admit I'm slowly getting discouraged.

Anyone else noticing this problem with their trunk opening?
  • sstarrx3sstarrx3 Member Posts: 4
    I have had no problems we with my trunk. It must be on certain VIN numbers. Sorry you are having issues.
  • cliffy2112cliffy2112 Member Posts: 9
    I have heard a snapping sound.. I originally thought it was that little piece of plastic, but might need to take a really close look tonight...

Other issues I have seen with mine are:

Rear passenger door requires alot of force to close.
    Rear Climate occasionally thinks 90 is the ideal temp.

Perhaps we should have a separate forum for the 2013 possible issues.. This really isnt related to buying experiences..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Choose Nissan Pathfinder from the drop down menu on the right, and you'll get a whole list of Pathfinder discussions..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kamilmastakamilmasta Member Posts: 6
    I noticed that it takes a lot of force to close rear those as well. Wasn't sure if it was only my car. Can anyone comment on their rear door issues?
  • kosta1kosta1 Member Posts: 11
    I have the power door and if you choose to close it manually it takes a lot of force. I think it is normal my QX56 was the same. On the other hand I remember when I had the RX330 the manual function was very easy if you chose not to do the mechanical one. To answer the previous post, my hatch clears fine, but I feel like the driver's door needs more power to shut than the other 3.
  • cliffy2112cliffy2112 Member Posts: 9
    Yeah. I was mentioning my Rear Passenger door seems to take a bit more effort to close then the rest.. Hopefully a simple adjustement.
    So my check engine light would not go off, so they have to order a new gas cap. My driver's door would not close as smoothly as the other 3, it requires more force. They don't know why, so they give me the run around about pressure, but rest of them don't do it so it can't be the pressure. It is pretty annoying, if they cannot correct it does anyone know what are your options? I don't want a car with 1500 miles on it that has a difficulty closing a door. I'm going have to live with it for a long time.
  • ebutashebutash Member Posts: 7
    Just snagged a great deal in RI for:

2013 Nissan Maxima SL Premium, Tow, & Crossbars.

$35,770 + 1.9% NMAC financing for 72 months. I could have save another $500 but I opted for the financing.
  • jlwii2000jlwii2000 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    I don't mean to be rude, but this thread should stick to prices paid and buying experience like it's titled. I was purchasing my pathfinder last night and needed my memory refreshed. I tried to access this thread from my smart phone and had to dig through people talking about recalls, etc to find what people paid. By the time the dealer came back with the offer it was too late.

With that said, I think I got a good deal.

My Pathfinder was loaded out Platinum Premium White exterior tan interior with tri climate and DVD in the headrests. It also has illuminated door sills, roof rail cross bars, carpeted floor mats, interior accent lighting, illuminated kick plates, and cargo area protector. Total for the car was 39,000 out the door. This includes $1380 in taxes and another $300 in title and license. I put $2k down. So I ended up paying $39320 for the car itself. MSRP is figured at $43,780. I also did my own financing at better rates than Nissan. Math worked out to take the financing from my federal credit union over any incentives for using Nissan Financing.
  • jparn80jparn80 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase an SL and want advice on if the price is good or if i could do better...

here is the best quote i got:

Base SL 4WD $31,800
    Cross Bars $246
    All Season Floor Mats $114
    Premium Package $2,410
    Total $34,570

+ Document Fee $75
    (no other destination fees, etc.)

The price does include $1000 cash incentive and $500 captive cash for financing through Nissan. I haven't negotiated interest rate yet but I don't plan to finance much and plan to pay down in the next several months, so it's not a huge factor - as long as the $500 incentive is worth more than the interest payments.

I would really appreciate any advice for those that have been through the process... is this a great, decent, bad deal???

Much thanks
  • thegman230thegman230 Member Posts: 17
    I purchased a new SL Premium 4X4 the last day of April. It came with carpeted floor mats, 4 pc mud flaps,rear bumper protector and cross bars. MSRP was $40,795. The price I paid was $34,588 + $699 doc fee(they rip you off on that here but nothing you can do about it) + tax and tags and was also inclusive of $500 cash incentive(at that time) and an additional $500 cash for financing(I plan to pay the whole thing off in a month anyway). I also traded in a 2008 highlander limited with 73k miles and got $22,500 for it. which was the KBB trade in value for excellent condition. The tax rate here in NC is only 3% on new cars so I only paid the difference in the prices from my trade in to the new car so save a bunch of tax there as well.

That is the best price you will find. I did my homework including looking at fitzmall and carmax new car sales out of state but my local dealer beat them and I was ready to go there for their great no haggle price).

Hope this helps
    Greg
  • ltrazorltrazor Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2013 platinum Premium 4wd with mud guards, carpet mats, lighted door sills, led illumination package, DVD, sunroof, etc for $39,500 with 1.9% @ 72 months. Msrp was $46k+
  • momokawamomokawa Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I walked out on a Platinum Premium 4x4 with splash guards and floormats. The sticker was at $44, 870 or so. The price offered to me was $38, 999. This is after the $1000 rebate. Can I get better?
  • jlwii2000jlwii2000 Member Posts: 6
    Something is fishy about that MSRP. My pathfinder has every possible option other than the tent and snowplow and its not close to that MSRP you stated. I paid 39k out the door with taxes included so you can do better.
  • momokawamomokawa Member Posts: 4
    I was incorrect on the MSRP. It is actually $44645. This is for the Plat Premium 4x4 with floor mats and splash guards.

According to Edmunds, the Invoice on this, exactly as equipped is $41118. At $38,999, It seems that I am at $2119 below invoice which would include $1500 in Nissan Incentives.
    If my math is right, I am looking at $619 below invoice.
  • billu1billu1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for SL 4x4 for 32800 OTD, any scope of getting better deal?
  • woohoo5woohoo5 Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a FWD Platinum with floor mats for 36,325 OTD. That is including 6% sales tax. Also includes $2,000 in incentives ($1,000 of that required that we use their financing). We went through AAA pricing to start and then negotiated an additional $1,100 off beyond that. The dealership we went with gave us the best price we found in the area. We went to 6 or 7 different dealerships and this was the one left standing after negotiating with various sales managers over the past week.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a couple who recently purchased a family car together. If you and your spouse have kids, purchased a car within the past six months and would like to share your story with a journalist, please send your daytime contact information at pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET.
  • itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    H ltrazor,

Does 39,500 incoude Tax and other costs?
    momokawa,

was the price 38999, including destination fee and tax?
    Hi jparn80, was $34,570 included tax or tax was extra.
  • shawnjohnshawnjohn Member Posts: 1
    New 4x2 SL for $30,500 OTD from North Texas.

Am a little worried about the brake issue being discussed on another Forum. Don't necessarily need the car yet so considering waiting until next year when new model issues are resolved.

Having owned a new Pathy before, also considering buying used as the value drops 20% immediately. Still, a $5k discount over a Pilot EX-L is enticing.
  • ahuahu Member Posts: 14
    Hello shawnjohn,

When you say $30500 OTD, you mean tax title included in this price?
    If so it is very good deal for SL model.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    edited June 2013
    I received the following price from TrueCar and am wondering what you nice folks think of the pricing:

'13 Pathfinder Platinum 4x4
    Slate Grey
    Almond interior
    (no premium pkg - not needed)

MSRP 41,150
    dest 845
    total 41,995
    TC disc -4670
    AAA disc -100

offered at 37,225 + doc (339) + TTL

we want to add about $995 in accessories but couldn't find how to do so on TrueCar.
    My target with the access would be 38K but I've not been researching this truck for long and wonder if we should be getting the 1000 rebate on top of the discount.

Thoughts and Suggestions welcome. :confuse:
  • machinbtmachinbt Member Posts: 1
    I just look at a Nissan Platinum and am going to buy it thru Costco program.. I want the SL 4WD+premium package but the dealer I visit does not have. I do not test drive it.
    I really like/dislike the SUV for some of the details below:
    1. remote starter. The key fob is narrower but a bit longer than my Highlander key fob. NICE.
    2. on the key fob, hold the unlock button long enough, the front windows will roll down (same feature as 06 Altima). NICE
    3. interior design. NICE
    4. back up camera can be switched on anytime. My highlander needs to be put in reverse to turn it on. NICE
    5. panoramic sun roof. Actually it is only the front one. The back is twice as larger as the front but only for view(moon roof); there is a power sliding shade.. the glass is fixed. NEUTRAL. The rear moon roof is not important to me.
    6. the back has a good size storage space underneath. NICE
    7. the leg room for the second row seat is not as roomy as my highlander, but there is bit more cargo room in the back when 3rd row seat folded down.
    8. one piece power lift gate. OK. My highlander has 2 pieces, the glass and the whole gate.
    9. there is no welcome light under the outside mirror as my highlander. NOT NICE. the sale man does not know if there is one.
    10. no little nite light that shine on the center console. NOT NICE. My highlander has that.
    11. the engine is very quiet. NICE.
    12. the driver seat slides back when engine is off and door open. NICE
    13. no cargo cover. NOT NICE.
    14. standard 7in display in the center console (larger with GPS package). NICE
    15. disappointed there is no welcome light...maybe the light is under the car, I look under the SUV.. cant find one but realize that the fuel tank is a whole 6ft steel box running underneath, in the center of the SUV from the front seat all the way to the rear tire. NOT NICE. I dont want to sit on top of the gas tank, my opinion... And this is when I stop looking, forget about test driving and leave.
    Overall, it is a better design than the old pathfinder. I read here about the transmission issue, other mechanical/electronic problem. I wait until they come out with 2014 version. Maybe they will include the welcome light under the 2 outside mirror (I accustom to this from my highlander), one power sunroof in the front, cut back a bit of cargo space to move the fuel tank further to the rear... I will consider buying.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    My experience with TrueCar.com.... it was a good place to start but in the end you can still get better pricing when you negotiate with the dealerships. I believe I paid about $3,000 lower than what TrueCar quoted me. Good luck!
  • yellowjaxyellowjax Member Posts: 3
    Now that the 14's are starting to roll in, you can work a pretty good deal on a '13.

What I got:

2013 Pathfinder Platinum
    Mocha Stone
    Almond Interior
    w/ Premium Pkg, Floor Mats, Cargo Pkg, and Splash Guards
    $43,245 MSRP

Price Paid: $35,324.50 + $387 doc fee + TTT = $36,049 out the door.

That includes the $1000 cash back and $500 NMAC cash rebates.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Are they any changes to the '14 from '13? I'm not seeing anything different.
    We were hoping to see Blind Spot Monitoring, Lane change, collision avoidance...nada
    There is absolutely no way you got that car for $35,320. That would mean that you got that car for $3,300 bellow invoice after the rebates. That is impossible. And $700 otd on top of it. Where do you live-Montana. Which states pay 1.5% tax on new vehicles, I really would like to know. Thanks.
    edited July 2013
    It's the truth! I spent about a week emailing dealerships throughout the Southeast. Once I got the lowest price i felt that I could get ($35,950, i.e. an extra $500 off this one), I asked my local dealership if they could save me the trip and beat that price. A day later they came back with $35,320. I got the cargo pkg and splash guards thrown in because they just happened to be what was on the closest matching vehicle on the lot. I was shocked and swooped it up. It probably helps that I have previously bought from this dealership, serviced my last vehicle with them, and it's getting close to the end of the month.

Talking with the manager, he said he's got new 2014's coming in every week and really needs to make room on the lot for them. He also said that the SL's sell much better than the Platinum's, so he was willing to give a much better deal on the Platinum to get it gone.

Also, sales tax on vehicles in South Carolina is capped at $300, so that plus a $387 doc fee, $25 tag transfer, and $12.50 for title totals only $724.50.
  • rhaindarhainda Member Posts: 6
    Which dealership was this? I live in NC but driving to SC would be worthwhile to get a similar deal.
    This was Dick Smith Nissan in Columbia. I talked to Pete Wilbanks, Internet Sales Manager (petewilbanks@dicksmith.com)

Not sure how much of my deal was because I was local (i.e. will service my vehicle there) and had a previous relationship with them, but you can certainly contact them and see what they can do.

Also check out the Pathfinder Platinum from Lee Nissan in Wilson NC. Link: Lee Nissan. I didn't really negotiate with them that much, so you could probably get them down even lower and it might be closer to you.

There's another good deal located in Greenville, SC at Crown Nissan. Link: Crown Nissan. They wouldn't budge on price with me though.

Keep in mind that you'll still have to pay North Carolina sales tax if you are registering it there.

Happy Hunting!
  • rhaindarhainda Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info.
  • rt1471rt1471 Member Posts: 3
    Did a truecar estimate online and got a call right back from the dealer, with an email with specific pricing. Looking to see if this would be a good deal!

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV
    Black/Charcoal
    Floor mats
    splash guards

The price the dealer gave me was $28159 (MSRP 33,305) which included $1000 Nissan Customer Cash +$1000 NMAC Finance Cash, for the NMAC Finance Cash I would have to finance a regular rates through NMAC.

I also inquired about an SL with an MSRP of $36345 and they offered that to me for $30,961. Not sure what other options that one.

So far it looks like both deals are pretty good right out of the gates but I wanted to get another opinion. thanks!
    Alrighty, picked up my 2013 Pathfinder SL tonite. It's a dealer demo, 7000 miles. White with a charcoal interior. The original sticker was $36,545.

-Splash Guards
    -Roof rail cross bars
    -Rear bumper protector
    -Carpeted Floor Mats

They dealer was really great the whole time. Salesman let us take this car out for a few hours on Saturday then we took an SV out on Monday. While my wife really didn't *want* the leather, she hated the fog light inserts on the SV plus she wanted the remote start. Figure that would have been another $700-800 or so on the $28053 price we got on the SV. So I offered the dealer $28500 for the SL. They came back with $29000.

I figured that's $7545 off of MSRP for one with 7k miles on it but since it's just a demo, it still gets titled as a new car.

Any thoughts on if this was a decent deal?
  • nwfindernwfinder Member Posts: 9
    You tell us. Has the transmission or tork converter failed? How many times has your PF been back to the dealer for repairs? If your answer is NONE to the aforementioned, then you got a FABULOUS deal.
    Nope, so far it's been great. The only thing I have to follow up on is it seems the antenna is missing from the roof. No problems with the transmission. I've only put about 800 miles on it so far (in addition to the 7k already on it).

My wife had a Rogue before this and I have an Altima (plus one before that) so we're both pretty used to the CVT and how it's supposed to work so pretty sure we'd notice quickly if there was a problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

For 2014 Nissan Pathfinder purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.