Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - II

meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
edited March 2014 in Dodge
This topic is a continuation of Topic 772....

Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Please continue these
discussions here.

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Comments

• thewink1thewink1 Member Posts: 21
    i waited patiently 6 weeks for my 00 quad cab 4.5l
    auto 4x2 loaded to be built and delivered to my local dealer. i called d/c customer service and traced it along its rail route just like many of you had and it got to dallas the last sunday of feb. now it sat in dallas for a week waiting for the transport to pick it up and was finally delivered to my dealer on the next monday. when i got to the dealer to pick up my truck the dealer took me out to the vehicle and pointed out the reason it took so long to get to his dealership.....turns out dallas had a hail storm on the previous thursday and the truck sat there another 2 days until the adjuster could come look at all of the damage. it was then released to the dealer as "minor damage to be handled under warantee". the dealer had to point out the hail dents to me as they were so small i wouldn't have seen them for a long time on my own. now the dillema, do i allow the dealer to repair the dings with his paintless dent repair guy or make him reorder my truck or make him discount it further and live with the minor damage. i ended up letting him repair the damage and i dont' think anyone could possibly ever tell it was damaged at all. i just couldn't bear waiting another 6 weeks for a new one to be built.
    what would you guys have done? does anyone have any experience with the paintless dent removal?does the paint eventually come off where the repair was done? have i made a mistake? i hope not because the truck is everything i hoped for a real pleasure to drive and is getting 14.5 mpg according to the computer. i still haven't had to fill up (only 249 miles on it so far).
    talk to me folks
  • jcody1jcody1 Member Posts: 58
    Bill-

Did'nt you say you saw a wire harness w/ plugs hanging on each side near the fog light mounting location? This has got to be the wiring for the fog lights. I don't know specifically about a Chrysler, but my last Ford Ranger was this same way. I did not order the fog light option, but I installed them myself. I used the factory wiring that was "hanging" on each side near the fog light location. I just went out and crawled under my Quad. On the passenger side the fog light wire comes out from between the frame rail and the plastic catch pan/shrowd under the radiator. I pulled the plastic loom open and the wires inside are blue w/ black stripe, and solid pink. I think...I am color blind..but that is a close guess!! If those wires are there, then I would look in the fuse panel under the HOOD to see if there is a spot to put in a relay for the fog lights. Mine is in relay location #1 in the fuse box right next to the battery. Let me know if you hanve any more questions...I check this daily (normally)
    Jason
  • hennehenne Member Posts: 407
    here are the basics:
    i have a 2000 dakota quad, 4.7, auto, 4x2, 3.92 rear, towing package and just basically loaded.
    i traveled from the mississippi gulf coast to just 40 miles east of kansas city missouri which was 850 miles one way. i ran 70 mph the whole trip out of overdrive, and the rpm was 3500rpm. i pulled a 1200lb 6x12 uhaul trailer up there empty, and i averaged 10mpg, the return trip was with an additional 1000lbs in the trailer and still averaged 10mpg, i dont think the weight really matters to the truck, i think it is more the wind drag, my boat is more aerodynamic and it weighs 4900lbs and i average about 10 mpg with it also, i think once you lock out that overdrive its just gonna hang in the 10mpg range if your rpm's are in the 3500rpm range.

well i hope this helps any body thats interested in trips and towing.

robert

p.s. i know someone will ask why i didnt just rent a trailer in missouri, well it costs 125.00 to rent local for 4 days, it costs 250.00 to rent one way, so i figured in estimated fuel costs and i decided it would be cheaper to pull it with me than rent it there.
  • bja4bja4 Member Posts: 67
    I had a 92 Dakota loaded with the 5.2, auto, 235/75R15 tires, and 3.92. I could get 16-17 mpg with a 1400lbs. Northstar camper on it at 70 mph. The only time I ever took overdrive off was when it down shifted on it's own going up a hill. When I got to the top of the hill, I would just put it back in overdrive. This truck got 16-17 mpg when it was empty. Weight doesn't seem to matter. The worst mileage I ever got was traveling through Wyoming in 30-40 mph head winds. I never had the truck in overdrive and still got 13 mpg at 75 mph. I sure hope my new Dakota club cab I'm getting in two weeks can at least match my old Dakota.
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Spoke with Ernie at D/C this morning, and he traced my truck to the rail head in Twin Oaks, PA. At least it is now in the proper (for me) state, and awaiting truck transport to the dealership. I'm getting very excited now. Hope all of the other "quad-waiters" on the forum receive good news as well.

Bookitty
  • slr9589slr9589 Member Posts: 121
    Well the truck is on a CSX train some where and i can not figure out how to access the csx site without getting myself enrolled to do business with csx....i am looking for car # ttgx 151515
    thanks '
    slr
  • badassbobbadassbob Member Posts: 78
    smith24,

I ordered mine from Kernersville Dodge, and the
    Salesmans name was Dave Fierle...The service was
    excellent....My wife and i set up an appointment to test drive one and when we got there on
    Saturday...he had one with dealer tag on it. We
    talked for a while and tossed me the keys and said
    "have a good time"...I couldnt belive i didnt have
    to have a "Choufer"...After a 45min drive through
    the backroads, we came back where he gave me a
    price that no-one in a 100mile radius could
    touch(only negotiated for 10 minutes because i was
    armed with EDMUND's info). email me at
    gchadsmith@cs.com and ill be happy to email you the agreement with a cost breakdown...I'd sure drive 4 hours or so to Kernersville from western NC to same a few hundred bucks..I was lucky...I work in K-Ville 5 minutes from the dealership...

***Side note---I looked at an A.R.E Lo-Pro
    lockable Fiberglass Tonue($695 installed but the
    guy told me it was negotiable) today and am almost
    95% sure i will order one this weekend... Anyone
    have any experience with this particular
    top....This top only sticks up around 1/2" or less
    over the rails and does not lap over the rear of
    the tailgate.... Looked really sweet...Only concern is that a weatherstip must be applied to the top of the bed-rails and tailgate..

All you guys/gals that have your Quad
    now.....Enjoy and keep posting the things you
    like/dislike....
  • quadderquadder Member Posts: 3
    just took delivery of a 2WD SLT quad 4.7 V8 auto 3.55 LSD & towing pkg ...took only 4 weeks to come in..2 weeks of that was shipping... our local dealer meltonsales.com, sells every new dodge $175 under invoice. had the truck a week, already added a CD changer and put on 500 happy miles... will get a spray on bedliner next. stay tuned...
  • thewink1thewink1 Member Posts: 21
    thanks for the advice, i will try for the warantee. you're right it will make me feel better for the try at least. these trucks are awesome! i find myself looking for reasons to drive just to get in it!
  • bobcat36bobcat36 Member Posts: 5
    Its good to hear that bookitty is finally getting his truck. Mine was supposedly shipped from the factory on 3/6 and may be here by the end of the week. I think I will try to call DC customer service tomorrow and see if they can tell me where it is. Everytime I have called DC, they have been very helpful. I got a different person every time and they always gave me good information. After talking to DC I would call my local dealer and he would give me the same information that they gave me.

Hey quadder, how's the CD changer? Did you get the Dodge one or something else? I ordered the special stereo and CD changer when I ordered my truck and I hope it sounds good. I had to turn in my Eddie Bauer Explorer last week and my dealer gave me a Plymouth Breeze to drive until my quad gets in and it has a radio with no CD or cassette but the sound is probably better than the Mach sound system that was in my Explorer.
  • quadderquadder Member Posts: 3
    My quad has the factory stereo with CD changer controls. I asked about the changer and was told it listed for $380 plus installation. I think they discount that but I didn't pursue it. I checked CRUTCHFIELD, they offered 2 6-disc changers that work with the Chrysler radio, a MOBILE PRO and a PANASONIC. Both require extra cost adaptors to integrate with the dash radio. I went with the Panasonic CX-DP610. It cost $340 for changer & adaptor. It seems to be a quality piece and it sounds great. It came with installation instructions specifically for a Dakota and about 15 ft of cable, so I mounted the changer on the floor under the rear seat on the drivers side at the very back of the cab. The wiring is simply plug in except for the power lead. Overall it was a smooth job. I would like to know where other quad owners mount CD changers. Mine has the power front bench, and room is tight undeneath. There might be room in the glovebox, but I didn't have to cut or drill anything, so under the back seat was a no brainer for me.
  • rube4rube4 Member Posts: 1
    I placed an order for 4.7L V-8 4x4 manual tranny in Mid DEC. of 1999. I was told by my dealer on 03/15/00 that there is a hold on production of these trucks. He says he has no idea when it will be produced. Anyone out there have any info or similar problems getting their truck?
  • spike50spike50 Member Posts: 481
    I'm not sure your dealer has got it right. Here in central PA, Quads are coming in everyday (figuratively). Placed my order Feb 16 and Ernie says its scheduled for mid-April completion, end of April delivery.

Has anyone else at your dealer ordered and gotten their Quad? My is like yours: 4.7, 4x4, 5 sp, SLT, 4 wheel ABS (only thing I'd consider out of the normal). Seems to me that the dealer lost the order, doesn't have a high enough allocation to receive regular shipments of Quads, or something else.

You've been waiting too long, simple as that.
  • badassbobbadassbob Member Posts: 78
    Just called D/C and found out that im on D1 Status and my truck will ship 3/21......Placed the order on 2/23.... 4.7L, 4x4, 3.55, 5-Spd, Ltd.Slip with Sport Plus group, & High Back Buckets...If everything goes as the rep says, i should have mine the firsl of April....

As for you guys that have been waiting months,I agree with SPIKE50. I have to believe that there is more to the story than your dealer is willing to share with you... If i were you guys, i would call and raise cain with anyone and everyone that i could get a hold of that was associated with Dodge....You should be getting something(i.e Ext Warranty, etc.) for your patients...
    Hey guys and girls, how about helping out a student working on a doctoral dissertation by participating in a painless survey. Go to topic 1693. Thanks.

Bookitty
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    on -- what else -- 12-24-99. You don't suppose...???

Naaahhh! No way!

Way? :-O
    I guess it's possible for my Quad to remain "in transit" until then, so what else is new? But, thank you for your most depressing thoughts.

Bookitty
    well my truck arrived in the local r/r depot wed pm.it is exactly 2.5 miles from the dealer!!but dealer says it could take a week to ten days for it to go the next 2.5 miles!@!!it figures....
    will keep watching and supporting this site.
    slr
  • fireflyerrfireflyerr Member Posts: 11
    I love my Dak quad. I would like more storage space though.I found a pretty good spot to keep my jumper cables under the hood. On the driver's side I slipped the rubber cables into the fender, leaving all four clamps visible in a small open place behind the battery. Out of the way, but there if I need them. Works great! I may build a small tool box to mount under the hood also. Anyone interested?
    CB
    TX.
  • cowtownkidcowtownkid Member Posts: 43
    My truck arrived at the "Alliance Railhead" in Ft. Worth TX. 3/8/00. I live in Ft. Worth and dealer is located about 170 miles South. Still waiting. Unbelieveable! 4 days from Michigan to Texas, and now, in my hometown, been waiting over a week for the drive...Might have something to do with price of diesel...cram as many vehicles on the rig before any deliveries...

cowtownkid
  • bpmanningbpmanning Member Posts: 13
    I live in Maine and have been to the two closest Dodge dealers looking to order/purchase a Club Cab 4x4 SLT 4.7 auto loaded w/ Tow package msrp 25,000. Both will only see it to me at msrp. I was told that the 4.7 is on restriction and if I want it I will have to pay full pop. Also was looking to trade 93 s-10 ext cab 4x4 tahoe package 92k milage. Would only give me 2,000 for it (Edmunds value about 6k trake 8k retail. I feel like i'm being raked over. Any thought or insite very appreciated.
    Thanks
    Well folks, today I received a call from my dealer
    that my Quad had arrived. Went to the dealership
    tonight (my wife drove me there) and did all of the
    paperwork. Went to delivery, only to discover that
    it was equipped with 3.92 ratio differentials.
    Refused the truck, salesman came over and showed me
    that the order manager had changed the ratio
    because you cannot get the 3.55 with 4.7 and 5
    speed with towing. Problem is, that no one informed
    me and I have been waiting since 12/24/99. They
    were rather casual about the whole thing, but I was
    very upset, since no one bothered to call or
    inform me. They said that they could order me
    another truck, but that was all they could do. Now
    I'm wondering if the combination of 4X4, 4.7, 5
    speed, and tow is available with 3.55.
    Unfortunately, it was 9:45 PM and the manager was
    not there. Please respond by post if you have the
    same combination and a 3.55. I can call D/C
    tomorrow, but right now I am crushed. Perhaps
    themacguy's prophecy is accurate.

Bookitty
    Thank you troops. I did ask for an extended warranty, but the salesman is not empowered to rectify or do anything, and it was late in the evening and everyone else had gone. It does have limited slip. The salesman showed me where the order manager (mangler) had a written notation that only 3.92 was available with 4.7 5 speed. The fact is, that I was not in the loop. I am really upset, and anxious to find out for certain if that is true. If it is, I will be upset that the information was not passed on to me, if it is not so, then I will be livid.

Bookitty
  • nuthnfreenuthnfree Member Posts: 3
    Who can tell me what the anti-spin option is for, and what the pro's and con's are.

I thought maybe it was like 'positraction,' so that if one wheel starts to spin on ice the power will be delivered to the wheel that isn't spinning.

However, a salesman told me no, that's not it. He said it's some unspecified thing that you need only if you pull a big trailer every day. I suspect he's wrong, but who can tell me for sure?

Also, if you have 4WD, is there any benefit to having anti-spin?
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    Bookitty, what can I say?

I heard a lot a couple of months ago about the 3.55 / 5 speed not being available with the 4.7, but I have never seen anything official. I believe that the reason is that the torque was just too much - but to me that makes more sense with the auto than the standard.

I agree that the main problem here is that you weren't informed about what was going on - unforgiveable in my mind. I have the 3.92 / 5 speed and am delighted with it, but that was because it was what I wanted. I think that you are stuck with the 3.92 if you want standard, but you should certainly get as much from the dealer as possible for their wholly unacceptable handling of it.

On another note.....

It must be that time again, it seems like only days ago that I regurgitated anti-spin for the quadrillionth time, so here is quadrillion (or maybe clubrillion) and one.

Anti-spin, or limited slip does a similar job to 4wd, but it works left to right rather than front to back.

The differential has a clutch in it that forces the wheels on both side of the truck to turn. So, in an open diff if the right hand rear wheel is spinning on ice you are going nowhere; in a limited slip application the left hand wheel is forced to rotate once for every x number of times that the right hand wheel rotates. That way you still get some traction.

Now, as to whether you need it in a 4x4, well some say no, but I say most definitely. I would never, ever, consider buying a truck without it - and I do some fairly serious offroading.
    I have a limited slip in my Quad. It is great. Much better traction in the wet or the dry. I had the open rear in my 98 Club cab, and it was constantly doing the ol' "one wheel peel" when you wanted traction!
    Checked with D/C, and the combination is completely allowable. Error on the order manager (mangler) and subsequently the salesman who was supposed to call me, but did not. Another case of the misunderstanding the word "restrictions." I spoke with the sales manager, and told him that although I wanted to be reasonable, an additional long wait is not an option. I told him that if I asked to use the Quad until another came in, that would not be reasonable. Or, if I asked to use his vehicle, that would not be reasonable. Changing the differentials, or gifting an extended warranty such as the one they proposed (7 year, 75K, $100.00 deductible, major coverage) for $1,298.00 would in my estimation combine fairness and reasonability. I await his call. The truck is really nice (or keen in my era) and looks super. Again troops, thank you for your support. Next phase; We storm the Bastille!

Bookitty
    the posting on the wrong rear end has me worried.my Quad will be here in a few days,....5 speed,4.7.2wd.....where on the invoice do you see the rear end they put in?
    i asked for the 3.55 with limited slip.....
    what do you say guys?
    slr
    They would not come up with an acceptable offer,
    and I really did not want the 3.92. I could get an
    attorney, but that is not practical. While it is
    against my principal to re-order, I have done so,
    and they have promised to push through the order.
    Principal is an expensive hobby, and I really don't
    have the time to wade into battle. It was an
    honest mistake, but my mother always told me that I
    would have to pay for my mistakes; She never
    mentioned that I would have to pay for Reedman
    Dodge's mistakes as well. You're a great bunch.

Bookitty (Quadwaiter)
  • poolman57poolman57 Member Posts: 16
    Bookitty, you have my respect along with many other people's respect. For as long as you have waited, I don't know if I could have reordered or not. It was bad enough waiting 2 months for my 5.9, auto, 3.92, black, sport, 4wd, lsd, buckets, etc. quad. I am VERRRRY pleased with my truck and everyone else is too. I show it off every time I go out and everyone loves it. My head steadily grows larger everyday.

Hey: everyone that ordered and has received their truck: My sticker has a box on it, top on middle of the page and it says, "This vehicle was especially built for (my name)" and my name is there. I took my sticker and had it lamenated just for that reason. Is everyone else's like that too or did anyone notice? just curious.

Received my Quad last Thursday and already have 550 miles on it! I have been driving the s**t out of it and loving every minute of it. This thing will absolutely hual some royal a**. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL truck too.

Jeff
  • shoepegshoepeg Member Posts: 6
    I have watched this group since before I ordered my Quad. Everything I could think of to wonder about, one of the group has given me, my answer without my asking the question. I check this board
    three of four time a day, worse than a woman and her soaps. Bookitty this screw-up on your Quad is cause for war. If my truck comes in mess up I will buy something that day from some one else.
    I ordered 02-01-2000 and have a 04-02-2000 build date.
    Man, what an event! Was everything else correct with your order??? You should receive some kind of compensation for DC's mistake. Print out some of your post's, show & mail to whomever you have dealt with... Good Luck...

cowtownkid
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    (nuthnfree) The person you talked to is full of ^$%#!!

The "TRAC-LOC" differential is Dodges 'brand name' for a LSD (Limited Slip Differential) GM calls their LSD "Positraction". It is all the same, just some clutch-packs within the differential case to better distribute the torque-split between the wheels.

Absolutly NOTHING to do with weight pulling capabilities.
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    (nuthnfree) Whoops... meant to answer you other question too.

I have the shift-on-the-fly 4X4 with 3.55 LSD rear end. When in 4WDlock I effectivly have 3-wheel-drive (2rears and one front). Without the LSD rear end, 4WDlock would only give me one rear and one front wheel driven. I LEARNED to drive in a 4WD and have driven in snow for over 20 seasons.
    The LSD is a GOOD thing with the shift-on-the-fly 4WD.

DO NOT consider the LSD with the so-called 'full time' 4WD. It forces one front tire to spin in low-traction conditions causing loss of steering control.

With the 4.7L and 5SP manual xmission, the LSD is MANDANTORY when ordering. Both the dealers computer and my own research comfirmed this.
  • knkresortknkresort Member Posts: 79
    but I ordered the 4.7l, 5sp and did not order the the LSD. The dealer did not say I had to have it and the software (Chromedata)also does not indicated you have to order. Of course, my truck should be here in about 1 week, so that will be the big test.

KnK
    Probably my mistake... but I thought you had 2wd.
    Your being way to easy on that freakin dealer. Dealers are the scum of the earth if you ask me. The rear (slider) window on my Quad was leaking (rather gushing) so I called my DEALER. They said two weeks before I could get an appt to get this fixed. In the mean time I am supposed to "not worry" about water pouring in all over the back seat and rear carpet everytime it rains or I wash the truck. "Don't worry" about the nice new car smell being overcome by mildewing carpet and upholstery. The DEALER that is actually closer to my house refused to fix it since I did not buy it there. I have half a mind to call D/C and report them. It seems to me any dealer should fix ANY problem with a 2 week old vehicle. Either way I fixed the damn thing myself. I found the area on the top of the window that was missing the window sealant and managed to apply some black silicone caulking and it seemed to do the trick. I hate dealers! Once they get your money they could give a ___ less about you!
    bookitty, oh bookitty, wherefore art thou bookitty
  • longtimelongtime Member Posts: 3
    Just an FYI for those have problems with CSX railroad.

I ordered a new Dakota from dodge on 1/28/00. I have been calling once a week for an building update. I found that the truck shipped two weeks ago on a CSX rail car. The shipping time should have been 17 hours however when I called CSX with the rail car # they didn't know where the train was, so after three day's of this I found out the name of the CEO for CSX and also a VP. I sent an E-Mail to them letting them know what was going on and also cc'ed the chairman of the board for Dodge, needless to say I call back within an hour and the truck will be delivered on 3/19 and someone from dodge will be there for me to sign the papers and pick up the truck (dealers are usually closed on Sundays so I am very pleased). I hope this help someone out there!

Long time waiting
  • longtimelongtime Member Posts: 3
    Just an FYI for those have problems with CSX railroad.

I ordered a new Dakota from dodge on 1/28/00. I have been calling once a week for an building update. I found that the truck shipped two weeks ago on a CSX rail car. The shipping time should have been 17 hours however when I called CSX with the rail car # they didn't know where the train was, so after three day's of this I found out the name of the CEO for CSX and also a VP. I sent an E-Mail to them letting them know what was going on and also cc'ed the chairman of the board for Dodge, needless to say I call back within an hour and the truck will be delivered on 3/19 and someone from dodge will be there for me to sign the papers and pick up the truck (dealers are usually closed on Sundays so I am very pleased). I hope this help someone out there!

Long time waiting
    that bookitty's suspicious absence from our posts might mean that he's 'bit the bullet and bought the Quad' anyway? And he's out having some real fun for a change...

ya think?
    Made a drive to dealer yesterday to pick up my Quad. Here are some mileage figures for any one intrested. Purchased Quad Sport, 4.7L Automatic, L-slip, 3.92 axel ratio. Truck had 12 miles on it at dealer. Dealer filled tank up and I drove through fairly hilly terrain stayed under 60 mph till I hit 60 miles on odometer. At this point, performed many hard accelerations up to 80 mph. Most of my driving I averaged around 65 mph with cruise off and ocassionally cruised at 70-75 mph. Stopped at gas station to top off tank before entering the Metroplex (Do not want to burn Re-formulated gas if at all possible) filled up with 7.38 gallons. I had traveled 144 miles. This computes to 19.51 mpg. Not bad, I was expecting around 15 mpg.

cowtownkid
  • myersedmyersed Member Posts: 102
    I want your truck mileage. Hope it keeps up for you.

I 've averaged 17.05 over 4790 miles with the 3:55 and a veryyyyy soft foot (mostly rural roads). To be exact, I used 274.265 gallons at a cost of $337.51- and I haven't towed a thing. The wife complains that I spend to much on gas. She just doesn't understand that I love driving my new Quad- even if it is a gas hog!
    Thanks guys for your heartfelt support. Unfortunately, stupidity is not a crime. Were it so, most of the dealerships would suffer an extreme shortage of sales people. Stupid is defined as taking an order, having the order manager misinterpet the meaning of "restriction", then not informing the customer of the change. I realize it is extremely difficult to gather together enough inept people to perform thus, but Reedman Dodge is steep with this type of talent. They did offer extended warranty, and I don't think I would want them changing out components of or whole differentials. The level of trust is just not there. I have reordered, and I allegedly have been awarded a high priority profile, but it is difficult to believe some of these people. I truly appreciate your concern for my situation. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, then I consider myself lucky. Thanks again, I'll keep you "posted."

Bookitty
  • rjoderrjoder Member Posts: 12
    Well, I hate to say it.. After reading a lot of the posts on here I thought I would never see the Quad Cab I ordered for my wife on 2/24. I called Dodge a couple of weeks ago and they said it would be built by the end of the March. However, I received a call on Friday stating the the truck had arrived. This must be some sort of new record! A little over 3 weeks! I damn near had a heart attack.. Maybe I received it so fast because it was a 4x2 and I live in Ohio? Who knows?

Anyway here is what we got:
    4x2
    SLT --- Power everything
    4.7L
    Auto
    Limited Slip

I am really impressed with the acceleration and the overall ride of the vehicle but I do have a couple of complaints...

1) For 20 some odd thousand dollars one would think that the fit and finish would be first rate. However, the driver side door sticks out about 1/4 at the top-back edge (before the rear passenger door). But the bottom of the door is flush?

2) The right rear tire sticks out the fender well about two inches while the left one is almost flush (the truck has the tire and handling package). The truck also has a slight pull to the right. I wonder if this is related?

I will be calling the dealership monday to get these issues looked at. Has anyone else seen these problems?
    Something's not right with the rear-end. And NO WAY should door fit be anything but perfect. I've seen lots and lots and lots of Quads. Not one of em remotely resembles what you're describing. Take pictures BEFORE they do anything to it. I'd also suggest taking it by a TRUSTED mechanic if you can before taking it to the dealer. I DO NOT TRUST DEALERS WITH ANYTHING BUT BASIC 'FIX-IT' ROUTINES! Yours does not sound basic. Take names & get lots of signatures for everything they do. And a free MAXIMUM ext. warranty- don't worry the dealer'll charge everything to D/C anyway. And should.

#-(
    The driver side door on my Quad is the exact same way. I am not going to persue getting it fixed though. I'd rather live with it then have some scmuck at the dealer try to realign it and screw up the paint.
  • tpmiller1tpmiller1 Member Posts: 165
    I agree with themacguy. I wouldn't accept an obvious defect. If my order ever culminates in a vehicle on dealer lot, I am going over with a fine toothed comb b4 handing over a check. Easy to say, when one is all excited, but plan on taking the wife with as a reality check. You know they are humping these trucks out as fast as they can, mistakes can happen. I'd rather wait on an '01 built correctly. Matter of fact, if I don't get a build date by third week of april, that would be the plan anyway.
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    If you never listen to anything I have ever said, listen to this:

rjoder:

DO NOT DRIVE THAT TRUCK

It may be a minor problem, it may be something very, very serious. You need to get someone from the dealer who knows something about them to take a look at it right now. And get them to bring a tow truck, because if that thing needs work it isn't safe to drive. The door problem, and the speedy turn around make me very suspicious about the history of that truck so far. Get it checked out, straightaway.

On another matter,

bpeebles - don't understand why the front wheel spins with full time 4wd and lsd - how does that happen?
  • rjoderrjoder Member Posts: 12
    I called the dealership about the rear end of the quad cab being out of kilter and they sent a tow (flat bed)truck to come and pick it up. It is kind of funny actually, the tow truck driver asked my wife how many miles the truck had, she said 140. He asked, 'Are you sure it is not the trip meter?', he checked and was quite amazed when the trip meter and the odometer were at the same reading!

Anyhow, the dealership has been very polite (is that because I haven't filled out my questionnaire yet? Hmmm...) and professional. The last time I spoke to the service manager he stated that the truck was up on the lift and things 'didn't look right.' (No S#$t!) He also said it might be a week or two before new parts come in because of the high demand for quad cab :-( I think I should get something out of this, instead of a headache.

I would have never noticed this problem if I haden't followed my wife in our other car the other day....
This discussion has been closed.