Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rasldaslrasldasl Member Posts: 74
    You would think that but the dealers still set the price. When I bought my 2004 Chrysler Pacifica that has a similar extended warranty on the powertrain the dealer still wanted over a grand for the extended bumper to bumper warranty. I passed. I found better prices online but never bought one. Thankfully, the car has been nearly trouble free to date.
  • percifulperciful Member Posts: 1
    Bought my '07 during Labor day weekend. Got $3500 off for labor Day plus another $500 military discount. Dealership and salespeople were a joy to work with for a change.

• lavariellavariel Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to post here and THANK Jfritsch for his frank advice on this thread. Thanks to you I knew I could push below invoice on the Focus.

Just bought a 2007 SE for -4600 off MSRP, -600 off invoice. I know I left money on the table because I didn't want to deal with a scummy dealer that offered -750 off invoice and kept changing his mind. I also bought in the middle of the month. I used the e-mail blast method, e-mailed 27 dealers and got 10 to compete with each other. Did all price negotiation in e-mail and over the phone.

Note to Focus buyers: there is a $500 first time buyer down payment match for financing through Ford Credit. (First time buyer means first time financing a car.) This is not advertised anywhere I could find on the internet and dealers aren't supposed to push it, but it exists.

I am very pleased. I almost didn't consider the Focus because of the MSRP. I had a great experience and wound up going with the dealer closest to my house, also the nicest one I talked with.
  • bamichbamich Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 07 ZX5 SE from Les Stanford Ford (used to be Champion Ford) in Battle Creek, Michigan. OTD price was 14826 with automatic, safety package (ABS & side air bags) & convenience group (cruise & tilt). We didn't get any add ons like extended warranty...just Michigan TTL. We worked with Erika and was very happy...no hassle, quick sale. Price included the X plan & the $2500 discount. We were going to get a Civic LX auto, but when you consider the OTD price on the Civic was 4000 higher, then the Focus is a great deal.
  • danielj6danielj6 Member Posts: 285
    Three weeks ago I bought a ZX5 SE Focus for my son at a dealership located close to St. Louis in Missouri. He lives there and I'm in New York.

With safety ABS and (side air bags) and convenience packages minus the $2500 cash back was $14700. My kid overpaid $285, according to Edmund's TMV. He also got a two year extended warranty + tax, registration and plates the OTD was $15800.

He and I considered Nissan's Sentra, Honda's Civic, Toyota's Corolla and Chevrolet's Cobalt but finally went for the Ford. I wanted him to get the Sedan but he liked the hatchback. The boy is very happy good the acquisition.
  • questslquestsl Member Posts: 11
    Considering a replacement for my late 01 Focus (total loss), and the $2500 discount really helps.
    Found a 2007 SES with following options in addtion to the standard stuff:
    * Automatic trans
    * Safety package
    MSRP = $17,510 and with X-Plan less $2500 comes down to $14,071.
    Car has 16" alloy wheels, pirelli tires, spoiler, abs, etc.
    Is the X-plan really a good deal..?
    Some people are reporting getting better than X-plan just by shopping around. Since you don't have a trade you don't have to worry about getting taken on the value of it. The other advantage of X-plan is that dealer can not charge documentation and advertising fees. If you can get a better deal, take it. If not, X-plan price is good enough.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Purchase the fightingchance.com package. Read it and solicit bids from 15-20 dealers via fax or email toward the end of the month. Several people posted purchases of $4500 off msrp for a Focus. Don't get caught up in invoice x plan etc dealer fees etc. The lowest price otd is the lowest price otd.

--jjf
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    if the dealer that has the car you are looking at will provide internet quotes, i would do that first.
    tell them you are looking to replace your totaled focus with a new one. see what happens. they might appreciate your loyalty.
    one thing to watch out for if you go into the dealer and tell them you are eligible for x-plan, is they might say 'we are going to give you x-plan price'. the subtle difference i missed was that they charged the doc fee, which you don't have to pay using x-plan. it was not when buying my focus. the internet quote i got on it was lower than x-plan. good luck find a new car. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • quietspiritquietspirit Member Posts: 27
    I'm suspicious about the same sales pitch, too! I'm looking at an ad about the 2007 Ford Focus on sale with lots of rebates and markdowns on it. The net price is $8995. It didn't indicate whether the vehicles had manual or automatic transmitions. Being a first-time carbuyer, I assumed the price were for all the models regardless if it were manual or automatic. Then when I call the dealership, a salesperson said the $8995 is base models only, meaning minus some equipment the usual consumer might want, and are for manual transmissions only. I thought that the ad was deceiving. I don't know. Should I go to the dealership anyway and show a salesperson the ad and try to convince them to give me a 2007 Ford Focus with an automatic transmition, or forget about it? :confuse: ">
    :confuse: I'm looking at an ad on the 2007 Ford Focus with lots of rebates and markdowns on it. The net price is $8995. Called the dealership and the salesperson said it's for a base model only with manual transmition. I'm looking for one with an automatic transmition and the salesperson said that I would have to pay more for it. I felt that the ad was deceiving because it didn't indicate whether the cars were manual or automatic. Being a first-time car buyer, I didn't think it would matter. Should I go to the dealership, show the salesperson the ad, and try to convince the dealership to sell me a car with an automatic transmition at the advertised price, or forget about it?
    Thanks for the tip on the $500 first time buyer down payment match. How long does this promotion last? I wander if it's available in California. :surprise:
    you need to do some homework, but it is pretty easy.
    you can find out lots of info by looking under the 'new car' tab here on edmunds.
    try forddirect.com for info on specific vehicles.
    you can check the incentives for your area there too.
    i think the 's' model has air conditioning optional.
    my guess is, that's a bit higher priority than transmission type, for you.
    as far as the advirtising, i don't think it is misleading.
    if a grocery store had a 6 pack of soda for a dollar, would you assume the the 12, 16, and 20 ounce sizes would all be included?
    good luck shopping and post about what happens; shopping experience, car you bought, etc..
    I didn't quite understand your message because I'm a first-time buyer. I thought I heard someone tell me that the doc fee is not negotiable. Are you saying that it is? Who or what is your source? Educate me so I feel as though I have some power when I negotiate with a dealer. I have an x-plan through my employer to buyer a Ford vehicle at a discount. To be able to eliminate any unnecessary fees for using the x-plan would be fabulous! :confuse: :)
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Depends on how you define document fee. Have you gone to your state's DMV page to check what the price is on fees charged by your state? California has a good calculator showing the various mandatory fees and can be found at https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do
    I will say to be cautious of ads in newspapers offering a vehicle at a low, low price as most times they are too good to be true. I suggest going to this web site as it offers some great advice for new car buyers as I think this will help you
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com
    The "DOC" or documentation fee is a line item the dealers usually pre-print on the sales contract to make you think it is not negotiable. It is basically a profit-maker for them, they are asking you to pay them to do the paperwork on the sale of the car. Could you imagine any other type of business charging you to do paperwork? Would you pay extra at the grocery store for them to give you a receipt?

Anyway, the point is that everything is negotiable, including the DOC fee. One of the advantages of X-plan is that the dealer is NOT ALLOWED by Ford to charge a documentation fee. The disadvantage comes in on a car that can sometimes be bought for a lower negotiated price than X-plan. Say the price on X-plan is $12,500 with no DOC fee but you can, without mentioning you have an X-plan PIN, get them to sell the same car for $12,000 plus charge a $200 DOC fee. Obviously, the X-plan will cost you more. Shop for the best price and then ask for X-plan only if you can't do better. Go to fordpartner.com and use your X-plan partner code to look up the price on the car you want to buy.
    Check my message #12481 in the Honda Accord prices paid discussion. Get a substantial amount of competitive quotes by fax or email towards the end of the month. Also read Remar Suttons book.

Many times the x-plan -- employer plans etc are bait for those who dislike the car buying process and many people get better prices without mentioning it.

The fees are rather unimportant. The lowest price out the door with taxes and fees (out of 10-20 bids solicited and 2-3 good responses ) is the lowest price. Whether they explicitly list a doc fee or include it in their price is irrelevant.

Even the most loaded 20000 focus is a 11-12000 wholesale vehicle in a year so you want at least 4500-5500 off.

--jjf
    I would like to have some leverage when I negotiate with a dealer. Is it written somewhere that Ford x-plan is not supposed to charge a doc fee? Where can I find that statement?
    From the fordpartner website, under How It Works/Pricing. You will need your Partner Code to log into the site.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/howitworks/how_it_works.do
    The dealership may also NOT charge separately for document preparation fees, vehicle preparation fees or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle on a Partner Recognition Program - X Plan sale.* These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.
    *Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations. Dealers may not charge different fees to participants in the Partner Recognition Program.
    Thanks. Went on the ford partnership program page and got the info. Having second thoughts about purchasing the vehicle, though, after reading about it in the consumer reports magazine. The reviews were accurate when it said the ford focus is a fun ride as I've experienced when I test drove the vehicle. But, it said it's fuel economy isn't something to boast about. And I believe it after it showed another fun ride with an MPG of around 30, the Honda Civic. Still, I might reconsider if someone can convince me otherwise.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I would agree that the Civic gets better gas mileage and has a higher re-sale value but keep in mind that the Civic will cost quite a bit more than the Focus. I would recommend looking at the Corolla or Elantra as well, the Corolla is due for a re-design next year and prices are starting to go down and the Elantra has a nice warranty and the 06 models are being discounted since the 07's have been re-designed.
    I definitely am not getting 30 MPG in my Focus because it is just too much fun to drive it fast!

That, plus I do a lot of city driving (stop sign or light every block type of city driving) and here in NJ/PA we have E10 gas which does not get mileage as good as regular gas.

Basically it comes down to price - you will probably pay a few thousand more for a Honda but will also probably get it back when you trade it in.
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Hey, we are looking at buying a Focus, and have a couple questions...
    do you guys know if it is possible to get the $500 rebate through AQHA in addition to A Plan?

Also, is A plan the best price, or do you think it's worthwhile to try negotiating?

Being it's close to the holidays, do you think the #2500 rebate will go up? I know it went to 3500 over Labor Day, that's why I am wondering if we should wait or just go ahead an buy it.
  • deezwhodeezwho Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just spoke to a dealer who offered me the following:
    2007 Ford Focus SE + Convenience Package + Safety Package + Auto Transmission
    MSRP = 17,055
    "Invoice" = 16142
    2500 Customer Incentive + 500 FMCC Cash + 500 FMCC First Time Buyer Downpayment Match

Final price = (16,142 - 3,500) = 12,642 + Tax, Doc

Is this the best I can expect to do, or have people been able to get better pricing than this?
    you should be able to do better. at least make a counter offer, or get a price from another dealer.
    I've seen the Focus go from 4000-6500 off MSRP. They depreciate like hell. A 17000 MSRP model barely wholesales for 10000 after year 1 if that.

The 6500 off would be year end (july-sept) sales. You would have to get numerous bids toward the end of the month and work to get it.

For a plain jane 4dr se and not to picky on colors/options I would want at least $5000 off.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • tornabrupttornabrupt Member Posts: 4
    I have a trade in worth 10,000. How long of the back and forth would I have to put up with before I got $5000 off?
  • tornabrupttornabrupt Member Posts: 4
    I have a trade in value of 10,000 (I owe nothing on it). How long of the back and forth will I have to put up with before I could expect to get an offer of $5,000 of MSRP?
    Get the fightingchance.com package
    Read "Don't get taken every time" by remar Sutton (library or Amazon)

Nuff said. Informed for life

(I've seen yet again another ad for $6000 off a Focus on motoralley.com, and browsed just a few)

--jjf
  • chetjchetj Member Posts: 324
    i just bought a 07 basic focus for a whopping 9300$....msrp 14,075...my wife is a filipino so the price went from 98 to 9300$...first time buyer w/ 13 percent interest...for 2 years, but will pay off sooner...it is a good car with a lot of headroom and i would recommend it to anyone...5000 miles so far and no problems...my new american cars have always run good...dont see why i should pay 2 or 3 k more for honda or toyota...fords and chevys would depreciate faster but not a issue if your the type to keep car for awhile...japanese companies need our business a lot less than big 3 do anyway, why not throw them a bone..or at least consider buying a car assembled here or w/ a high content of domestic and or north american parts
  • kevink67kevink67 Member Posts: 1
    I just got offered $11,424 for a Zx3 SE manual trans with Conv Group, Saftey Pack and Sport group. Thats about $5500 below MSRP, how good of a deal is this? I may be able to get it for less with the new buyer rebate too putting it about $6k below MSRP. I think this is the best I've seen, what do you think?
    Read my message 121 130 133. Even a High end focus ($19000) is barely a 11000 vehicle wholesale after a year so you are definitely in the ballpark. The best i've ever seen advertised was 7200 off a zx4, and that may have been a teaser.

--jjf
  • waynebengstonwaynebengston Member Posts: 29
    I paid just over 14k for my 2007 Focus ST. Price was slightly under invoice plus a $2500 instant rebate.

Options were CD changer and Perimeter alarm.
  • duck68137duck68137 Member Posts: 7
    No... I have tried. You cannot get the AQHA or the recent college grad rebates in addition to the A Plan.

However, I was able to talk the dealer into an additional $500 off because they get money back from FORD on the A Plan.
  • tmporttmport Member Posts: 19
    Here's the car I'm considering. I'm curious what people think a good price would be:

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
    The car you are looking at probably wholesales used in 1year for about 11000 with 15000 miles on it. A good price would be 12500-13ish. Check it out on nada.com or kbb.com You want about 6000-6500 off MSRP.

--jjf

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package pr
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
  • danielj6danielj6 Member Posts: 285
    In September '06 I bought a ZX5 SE Focus for my son at a dealership located close to St. Louis, Missouri.

With safety ABS and (side air bags) and convenience packages minus the $2500 cash back was $14700. My kid overpaid $285, according to Edmund's TMV. He also got a two year extended warranty + tax, registration and plates the OTD was $15800.
    there are no 'tips'. there is only a tip(single exhaust).
  • 76scirocco76scirocco Member Posts: 1
    Was told by Future Ford of Clovis that $12,031 before tax and license was the best they could do. I said no deal. I was pushing for 10K. It was a 2007 3 door, manual transmission, really only option was AC.
  • las_03las_03 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on what to offer in the Houston area? I've seen a couple of places advertise 5,000 to 5,500 off which includes the 2,500 rebate. How far can one push it?

1. 4 door SES, options are: automatic, leather bucket seats, and safety package (ABS and side airbags) MSRP 18,035

2. SES wagon, options are: automatic, safety package, 6 disc CD player MSRP 19,575

Thanks for any advice.
    Page along and check out my other messages on this forum.
    Even the most expensive Focus will wholesale for barely 12000 in a year, most for about 10000 from the consumer books. Based on this you want about 5000 off.

I've seen numerous ads for the base type model for 6000-7000 off MSRP. These have been teaser ads with only 1-3 cars available at that price. How successful people are at getting 6000+ off the loaded models, I don't know but I would certainly try emailing 20+ ford dealers for their best price end of the month with my cell # included and see how far I could push it, especially if I was flexible on model and color.

Its a good choice, at 5000+ off MSRP, and probably better than the Cobalt or chev Aveo. Doesn't it still have the 60000 powertrain warranty?

--jjf

Any thoughts on what to offer in the Houston area? I've seen a couple of places advertise 5,000 to 5,500 off which includes the 2,500 rebate. How far can one push it?

1. 4 door SES, options are: automatic, leather bucket seats, and safety package (ABS and side airbags) MSRP 18,035

2. SES wagon, options are: automatic, safety package, 6 disc CD player MSRP 19,575

Thanks for any advice.
  • chetjchetj Member Posts: 324
    i love my 2007 focus...i am 6 -3 and it has plenty of headroom...it also has a 100k powertrain extended service contract..top that civic and corolla....car dealers dont make a lot of money on new focuses and cobalts so there is not a lot of room for discount...unless you let them screw you on trade in
  • jbaaronjbaaron Member Posts: 4
    Vehicle Description
    FOCUS 2007 4-DOOR SES
    2.0L DOHC ENGINE
    AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
    Exterior - LIQUID GREY CC METALLIC
    Interior - CHARCOAL/LT FLINT TRIM CLOTH BUCKET SEATS

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
    . 16" ALLOY WHEELS
    . P205/50R16 TIRES
    . BODY SIDE MOLDINGS
    . DUAL POWER MIRRORS
    . VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
    . REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
    . SOLAR TINTED GLASS
    . FRONT FOG LAMPS

INTERIOR
    . AIR CONDITIONING
    . AM/FM STEREO SINGLE CD/MP3
    . MANUAL SEAT HEIGHT ADJUST
    . 60/40 SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
    . CONSOLE W/ 3 CUPHOLDERS & DRIVER ARMREST/STORAGE
    . FRONT MAP/READING LIGHTS
    . TILT/TELESCOPING LEATHER

WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
    . TACHOMETER
    . INTERIOR TRUNK RELEASE

FUNCTIONAL
    . 100,000 MILE TUNE-UP INT.
    . FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
    . FRONT/REAR IND SUSPENSION
    . FRT DISC/REAR DRUM BRAKES
    . POWER RACK PINION STEERING
    . POWER WINDOWS/LOCKS
    . SPEED CONTROL

SAFETY/SECURITY
    . DRIVER/PASSENGER AIR BAGS
    . OCCUPNT CLASSIFICATION SYS
    . ADJ HEIGHT FRT SEAT BELTS
    . CHILD SAFETY REAR DR LOCKS
    . SECURILOCK/PASS ANTITHEFT
    . LOW FUEL WARNING LIGHT
    . REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

WARRANTY
    . 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
    . 3 YR/36,000 MILES

Price Information MSRP
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $15,775.00
    Key Standard Equipment
    ORDER CODE 420A - 4DR SES
    SPOILER
    POWER SIDE WINDOWS
    CONVENIENCE GROUP
    INTEGRATED FOG LAMPS
    CFC-FREE AIR CONDITIONING
    16" ALLOY WHEELS

Optional Equipment
    2007 MODEL YEAR
    LIQUID GREY CC METALLIC
    CHARCOAL/LIGHT FLINT CLOTH
    .2.0L DOHC ENGINE

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE $815.00
    .P205/50R16 BSW TIRES

WEATHER PACKAGE $175.00
    .HEATED SEATS
    .POWER HEATED MIRRORS

PERIMETER ALARM $125.00

50 STATE EMISSIONS

6-DISC IN-DASH W/MP3 PLAYER $370.00
    .DUPLICATE RADIO CONTROLS

WINDOWS
    .TINTED $299.99

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $17,260.00
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $570.00
    TOTAL MSRP $18,129.00

THE DEAL (Break Down)
    Negotiated -($3000.00) off MSRP
    State Sales Tax $789.31
    Federal Luxury Tax $0.00
    Dealer's Inventory Tax $33.25
    License Fee 77.30
    Title Fee $33.00
    State Inspection Fee $23.75
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Consumer Service Fee $0.00

Total $16135.61
    Rebate -($2500.00)

Total $13635.61

Easy Breakdown
    MSRP $18129.00
    Negotaited / Rebate ($5500.00)
    TT&L + Fees $1006.61
    Total $13635.61

I purchased in Houston, TX. I hope this helps someone.
  • delcorbettdelcorbett Member Posts: 11
    I am in the market for a can and I got a quote on a New 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with A/C for 13,499 OTD, I know the invoice for this car is 12,977 plus 791 for the A/C so thats 13768 right there, and the there would be destination charge, tax title, registration, and what ever else they try to stick you with. I really wanted it in yellow and this one is silver. It's not a deal breaker as I only like how it looks in yellow. So what do you all think? 13,5 OTD?
    We don't know what your state is so taxes can vary from 300-1000 dollars.

These vehicles sell at steep discounts, especially the S models. If you look up an SE you will see at least msrp wise, you get power options and Air conditioning for aoubr 1200 more. You want a minimum of 5500 off MSRP. I've seen the base models advertised (teaser ads) for 6000-7000 off. Look up on kbb.com what a used 06 with 16000 miles wholesales for. Probably about $9500. $3000 dollars 1st year is too much to eat for a car in this price range.

Yellow is hard to get and you may have to pay more to get it. You will need 10-20 competing quotes from email end of month (or possibly now before july 4-9) to beat the dealer with the yellow over the head with. Get quotes on the SE also and see what the market looks like 100 miles around your home.

I am in the market for a can and I got a quote on a New 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with A/C for 13,499 OTD, I know the invoice for this car is 12,977 plus 791 for the A/C so thats 13768 right there, and the there would be destination charge, tax title, registration, and what ever else they try to stick you with. I really wanted it in yellow and this one is silver. It's not a deal breaker as I only like how it looks in yellow. So what do you all think? 13,5 OTD?
  • jbaaronjbaaron Member Posts: 4
    delcorbett,

I don't know what state and what you're specifically wanting when it comes to options/features. If you could provide at least your state and what you would like to have in the Focus ZX3 S that would be very helpful. Also, do you have a lot of Ford dealers near you? If so, roughly how many? I'm willing to help you but I would need this information to better understand the market you live in so I can help you save some money.

I've exhausted myself by do a lot of reading, researching, and dealer hopping but when it was over, it was worth the 5500.00 in savings.

For the price you're mentioning, you should be walking OTD with an SES and several options. Based on just the Specs you're providing, I wouldn't buy the car until I got the ZX3 S anywhere between 9K to 10K. It can be done.

Shoot me an email and I do what I can to help you out because I hate to see people get raped by big corporations.
    Also check out the Chevy malibu as I've seen numerous ads for the 4cyl 17800 Ls for 13000ish. It is much more sedan than the Focus (drive it) but with no manual available.

Unfortunately, the big corporations are always under the spotlite and image conscious. Most of the trouble and rape you get are with Bob's Ford of Tuscaloosa and God knows whatever else small operator the State Attorney general is aware of.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Shoot me an email and I do what I can to help you out because I hate to see people get raped by big corporations.
    I live in Miami Florida, Cuba 2. I do Have a few within driving distance. I think Maroone, Gus Machado, and a few others, Maybe a world Ford something. It is a 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with option 572, manual Air Conditioning. Thats all it had and thats all I wanted. Color does not matter but this one is cd silver. I have see ad's for teaser cars in the local papers for about 9899 or around there for base s models with AC, So it perked my interest. I also qualify for the ford x-plan but every time I mention that, the dealers seem to stop all negotiating. Stupid prearranged price. I know I can haggle a better price then the x-plan. I was also looking at a chevy cobalt, new 07 ls with am/fm/cd and ac, manual for 12,500 out the door with my gm supplier price. I know this is a focus forum but i am between those 2. Which ever dealer bites the negotiating hand and draws blood wins.
    I don't know what your timeline is but august-sept is bound to be a shooting gallery for these cars. Do try 10-20 chevy dealers via email before july 6 or end of month for 13ish on a chevy malibu ls 4 cyl base before a Cobalt. Lots more car for the money. I've seen 12800 prices for GM supplier folks. Possibly 15-16000ish for the V6LT model.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I live in Miami Florida, Cuba 2. I do Have a few within driving distance. I think Maroone, Gus Machado, and a few others, Maybe a world Ford something. It is a 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with option 572, manual Air Conditioning. Thats all it had and thats all I wanted. Color does not matter but this one is cd silver. I have see ad's for teaser cars in the local papers for about 9899 or around there for base s models with AC, So it perked my interest. I also qualify for the ford x-plan but every time I mention that, the dealers seem to stop all negotiating. Stupid prearranged price. I know I can haggle a better price then the x-plan. I was also looking at a chevy cobalt, new 07 ls with am/fm/cd and ac, manual for 12,500 out the door with my gm supplier price. I know this is a focus forum but i am between those 2. Which ever dealer bites the negotiating hand and draws blood wins.
    I have a dealer down here in miami telling me for a 2007 Focus SE with Auto for 12223 Out the door. I am thinking of jumping on this. Any advice?