Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sdmiggssdmiggs Member Posts: 8
    THAT IS REALLY GOOD. NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE. I AM IN SAN DIEGO WHERE NOTHING IS CHEAP. I JUST BOUGHT MY LS 07 NOX TODAY. I THINK I DID ALRIGHT. I PAID $17,988 PLUS THE TAX, LICENSE AND TAGS. ALSO, GOT AN ADDITONAL $1,000 OFF DUE TO MY GM CREDIT CARD EARNINGS. THEN CHEVY THREW IN A FREE 4 DAY CRUISE ON CARNIVAL (2 TICKETS) AND SIDE STEP RAILS FOR FREE. OUT THE DOOR WAS $18,712. WILL FINANCE WITH MY BANK AT 6% OR 6.25% FOR 60 MONTHS.
  • xflynnxxflynnx Member Posts: 3
    yea, w/ the cruise and step rails, i'd say you did better than i.

my deal was done via the telephone here in dallas, this particular deal had a coupon in the paper for a 07 ls for 16500 the previous week, i went in to see and it sold the night before, talking to them they said another ad would run this past weekend, i woke up bright and early and scurried to the 7/11 for the paper and found the 16500 price through a different dealer, called them up and that nox was a white demo w/ 5000 miles on it, told them no, and then the phone rings and a 3rd dealer was telling me he could get me in a new one, black for 17500, i the original dealer and told him the deal that was offered but i didn't like the interior color, they then offered by choice of exterior and interior color at the 17500. top tier credit, got me out the door on a 5 yr note at 5.99, out the door was 18815. i feel like i missed out though now, i could use a cruise, lol, happy shopping.
  • sdmiggssdmiggs Member Posts: 8
    Its funny, I think you did better. The reason is because you basically paid the same price as me and you didn't have a decuction of a GM credit card of over $1,000. Bottom line is I think we both did well. Invoice price here in San Diego is around $21, 000. Just hope the NOX is a solid vehicle for myself, wife, and two little ones. Good luck and thanks for you help.

Mike
  • oldfashionedoldfashioned Member Posts: 56
    What is hidden dealer cash and how do we find out what it is?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi oldfashioned. I don't believe that General Motors is providing any dealer cash on the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox right now. It is currently offering 3.9%-6.9% special financing plus $1,000 bonus cash or $2,500 total customer cash on this model. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would offer a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Brought my G6 in for service today and wandered into the Chevy showroom. The lease is up on my G6 in nine months and was curious as to whether I could get out of it a bit early for an Equinox (baby on the way in Dec). Was told that GM will pick up 2 payments and will give me $2000 rebate on top of whatever incentives were avavilable if I were to do a finance on a new vehicle. That would wipe out my remaining payments and leave around $500 left over. Asked for a basic LS FWD which they had one of. Sticker was around 23,500. I asked what they were going to charge me for the car and the salesman said 23,000 "which is $400 above invoice". I didn't argue as i wasn't dying to buy right then. Figured the 3.9% financing + 750 cash back or rebate would be the best incentive for me and he shot me a payment of $398.00 for 60 months.

Went to another Chevy dealer down the road and that was a waste of time. i knew more about the car and incentives than he did. I see people on here purchasing an equinox at around 19k out the door. Is this realistic?

thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A 24000 07 EQUINOX barely has a trade in value used of 14000 with about 18000 miles on it. This is what your new 08 equinox will be worth in 12 months if your are lucky. Even 7500 off msrp (cash off or favorable financing) is not exactly giving it away.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • grosloupgrosloup Member Posts: 239
    Did you purchase a "extended warranty" when you bought your vehicule. Is it realy worth it or it's more like a last minute gamble?

I don't know what to do.
  • wifes07aveowifes07aveo Member Posts: 31
    I got my 08 in may of 09 its an ls for 16999. with mats!!!! is that good? :shades:
  • vj33vj33 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone buy a 2010 Yet?
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Hi on my list but will wait.

Seldom will I buy a new model its first year out. While the 10 isn't totally new it has several changes. Since we just bought a new Cobalt I'll give them a year, or more to work out any possible bugs.
  • s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    Hi Car_Man!
    Im usually asking about volvos but am buying an Equinox for my 20 yr old son. He needs AWD and I am concerned about safety. Dealer found an 07 LT,20K miles for 17K,GM Certified.Perfect BUT but no side curtain airbags. That has me rattled so I'm resigned to spending more to buy the safety. Im looking at the 09's and10's which have the curtain airbags standard. He priced a new 09 LS AWD @ $26K MSRP for$23,000 which reflects $1K and 2K incentives. I didn't ask about the '10's but I see here on EDMUNDS the '10 LSAWD MSRP is $24190 and the LT1AWD MSRP is $26650. If the rebates apply, that makes the '10 less than the '09. Can that be true?
    Any advice is appreciated.
  • festivusfestivus Member Posts: 9
    I want to pull the trigger on a 2010 LTZ FWD 4-cyl badly but I don't know what kind of price to expect. I've never paid over invoice for a new car. Went to a dealer yesterday to find only one on the lot. V6. Salesguy said that they had 10 a week ago and are expecting about 20 more this week.
    Car_Man-
    So it turns out the '10 LS is about the same price as the '09 LS. Here's the offer:
    09 LS $26 MSRP less 2K Cash Back,1KConquest $=23+tax&Reg.
    10 LS $25 MSRP less 600 (Dealer) less1K Conquest$=23,400

Questions
    1) Hows the price?
    2) Go with '09 or '10?
    3) I think the '09 is 6 Cyl and the '10 is 4Cyl. Could that account for the prices being the same?

Thanks for any feedback.
    I just got an internet offer from a dealer on a 4 cyl LTZ w/ sunroof. $1080 off msrp. $580 over invoice. Before trade and before $1k conquest cash. Good deal?
    PS
    The 09 and 10 are both V6 LS AWD .So why is the price the same? Am I missing something??
    Looks to me that GM is not offering the supplier discount on the 2010 equinoxes. I just found out last night that my wife gets this discount. If they're not going to offer it on the vehicle that I want to buy I'm going to have to consider the rav4 instead. Anyone else know the status of the supplier discount on these?
  • carstrykecarstryke Member Posts: 168
    i believe the 09's are considerably bigger with more cargo area than a 10, however the 10 wins with styling and looks hands down(bigger=more expensive?). BUT both fail with a huge turning radius.
    I pulled the trigger yesterday instead on a rav4. Wife loved it and it's going to be her car. We didn't even get chance to drive the 2010 equinox.

But talking about turning radius, the rav4 is incredible.

We like V6s and the equinox's just didn't do it for us. We would have had to have gone 4 cyl with it. With the rav4 there is very little hit on mileage for a V6 or for 4WD.

I was hoping to be able to buy GM to help out Detroit a bit but the equinox is assembled in Canada anyway. Gray area these days between domestic and foreign.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who financed through GMAC and got approved or tried to finance through GMAC and didn’t get approved. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, July 30, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dave48103dave48103 Member Posts: 5
    We are ready to buy a new 2010 Equinox, but none of the dealerships in my area have what we want

2LT trim
    4cyl, AWD
    Blue Exterior/black-titanium interior
    power sunroof
    leather seats

It's frustrating that i live in the Detroit area, home of GM, and I can't get this vehicle without ordering it and waiting 4 weeks. If you're a dealer out there and have this vehicle, I'm ready to buy today, and I'll drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up
  • vcontivconti Member Posts: 4
    Hello looking to purchase a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ V6 in New Jersey have a few internet quotes MSRP approx 36,900 quotes are at $33,000 before taxes and fees. Anyone have any input as to how much lower they can go?
    In May of 09 I bought an 08 base model equinox no extras brand new for 16,999 and for my trade in I got exactly what kbb good condition value states. I keep thinking I could have done better. Was that deal ok? CLEBO1 PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!!! With the 09 at the dealer and the 2010 comming in, Do you think I should have done better? how much better...
    You got what your trade was worth, per trade-in value. Also got the tax break on the trade in value/ You signed and took delivery. Now you question the deal after delivery? I don't get it.

Sure maybe you could have done better. At what expense to get a few more dollars off?

Buyers remorse? The 10 might be but the 11 should be a winner.
    cmhj2000,

you are correct, everytime I make a large purchase I always get buyers remorse. I guess since money doesn't come easy I always think I should have done better. I will try and enjoy my (wifes') new truck. when i first bought the truck I thought I got a killer deal THEN i read all the posts here. At least I didn't pay sticker price!! LOL. But man the 2010 looks so sexy and now there is no way I can afford it...ohh well. thanks for your honesty. :blush:
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Member Posts: 23
    Did a lot of research before going with an Equinox. Also checked out the RAV4, Saturn Vue, and quite a few others. Kept coming back to the Vue & Equinox mainly because of OnStar which I have always wanted. Liked the Vue a lot but decided not to go with it because the trim level I wanted didn't offer a 4cyl. With the 6cyl, I only would have gotten 16 mpg in the city and I'm now getting 23, so I definitely didn't want to take a hit like that. I ordered the 4cyl 1LT with the rearview camera, bluetooth, remote start, 8way power seat & cargo management package. MSRP $27430. Got $3700 off that for an OTD of $25458. Of course am wondering if this is an okay deal. Also will only be financing about $12k. The dealership's rate for that is 6.9% which I think is pretty high since my credit score is 815. Guess I could get my own financing but going through them is so much more convenient. Any thoughts ? I live in the Pittsburgh area. Also, wondering about this - I'll sign papers of course when I go to pick it up. Already was quoted $25458 as the OTD. Has anyone had extras added in at the last minute on a new purchase ? I've already told them I don't want the extended warranty which would have added $995. Thanks. :D
  • wallyuwlwallyuwl Member Posts: 166
    Just purchased a 2010 Equinox from Rod Hatfield Chevy in Lexington, KY. 4 cyl. 1LT trim with the moonroof, Vehicle Interface Package, backup camera, and power drivers seat. Blue exterior and all black interior. MSRP $26065, price prior to any trade and TTL was $23387. Invoice (to the best of my knowledge according to Edmunds because there was a $75 credit on the sticker due to the USB port not being installed - appears to be a major problem with 1LT trims w/ the Vehicle Interface Pkg.) was $24537. I got supplier pricing (they did honor it - in my shopping I found a few dealers that wouldn't bue many that would), and this dealer honored Conquest Cash even though my vehicle was older than 1999, plus they came down another $800 almost with no haggling - none. Also did "Cash for Clunkers", which netted me an additional $2k almost over what my trade was worth.

Contacted the internet depts. of 10 dealers or so in Lexington and surrounding smaller towns, and Louisville, telling exactly what I wanted. Only a couple responded. One in Louisville that worked with us a lot was unable to find one with what we wanted within a 300 mile radius that the dealer was willing to trade for (or that hadn't been sold in the last day). Ironically, we saw one several days prior at the Chevy dealer 3 miles away. At the time we thought it was too expensive (originally wanted just the 1LT with Vehicle Interface but no other options - see above for what this has) and the all black interior was too dark along with the blue exterior. But with no vehicles with hundreds of miles, we took another look and test drove it (test drove a 4 cyl LS trim July 2).

Drove 12-15 vehicles in a month's time, still liked the Equinox best. Only the Nissan Rogue came close, and it was close. Decided to buy it after driving it. Got 5% financing through a local credit union, to go along with the discounts mentioned above. A pretty good deal we thought for a vehicle in such demand. When we got there it was on a test drive, then two people test drove it before it was "officially" ours. Took delivery with 150 miles or so and it had been on their lot less than a week! High demand indeed.
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    I would definitely get other financing with a credit score that high. Many credit unions can get you under 4% for 60 months. I use Pentagon Federal Credit Union (penfed.org) and their rate is 3.99% for 60 months. Even Capital One can get you a rate of 4.89% for 60 months. Both will send you blank checks and you simply right out the check to the dealer and you are all done. I think the price you are paying is great (there is not a big spread between invoice and MSRP on the new Equinox). Did you get the conquest rebate of $1,000? Were you doing a trade. Make sure they are giving you an appropriate amount on your trade.
    Sorry - I forgot to explain about the $3700. $2000 of that was for my 2000 Chevy Tracker which according to Kelley Blue Book was worth $1,995. In great shape, had it detailed & never in an accident. The rest was for the difference between invoice price & MSRP which was about $1700. I had a slick salesman who initially made me believe that he was giving me $3700 for my trade-in, and I did get a range of $3200 - $3700 from nada but knew that the dealerships would go with the lowest appraisal. Once I got home, I realized that his deal was no different than the other dealerships I went to - he just presented it differently and it worked. I really didn't mind that too much though since all were basically giving me the same deal. Gotta give that to him - he was smart. Edmunds has some great articles about buying a new car, and I think I read most of them before going out to dealerships as well as all the other research I did - except for "Confessions of a Car Salesman". Their advice is great, but I found that - at least from the dealers I went to - they couldn't have cared less about whether the car was detailed and what kind of documentation I had regarding the care I took of my vehicle. They took the vin number, ran it and test drove my car and then gave me the amount they were willing to give me for my trade-in.
    Also I asked about the supplier price and there was VERY little difference between that & the invoice price - maybe a hundred dollars. Didn't get the Conquest discount because the Tracker is a Chevy. I was unhappy about that ! No reward for loyalty so I won't feel there's any reason to stick with them next time if I decide on a different make. We'll see how my experience goes with this though. Hopefully it will be good, and I am excited about the Equinox. I will be posting a review after I've had it for a while to let everyone know how I feel about it then. However, if the dealership tries to add in additional expenses when it comes time to sign the contract, I may just walk out. I am going to check out other financing. Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.
    I'm soo jelous, the new equinox looks awesome. Maybe in a few years....
    Odds are the wait will be worth it.

Since the late 70s I've not bought a new vehicle the first year out. Since the early 90s I've waited 2 years.

My reason for waiting is in most cases since the late 90s any bugs that need to be worked out are usually done on the 3rd year of production.
  • sixfacesixface Member Posts: 2
    I am in Metro Detroit Area. Looking to buy 2010 1LT with interface package and Powerseat. MSRP is 25025. Dealer is offering invoice price of 23630.
    I am not eligible for any other discount. Should I expect better price?
    If you don't qualify for any other discount, no, you won't get a better price. If you qualify for "Cash for Clunkers" that helps. Also, if you aren't in a hurry, you can wait until they have Loyalty or Conquest Cash offers (if those would apply to you). Chances are that there will also be some sort of cash back offer around Labor Day.

Be aware most 1LT models with the Veh. Int. Pkg. don't have the USB port installed. They just forgot to put it in. There should be a $75 credit on invoice for that.

Question for you: Did you test drive it? If so, did you notice it downshift too soon from 4th to 3rd (around 30 mph), and from 3rd to 2nd (around maybe 20 mph)? It has sort of a self-braking feeling when it does this. I get this with my 4 cylinder and am trying to get to the bottom of it. Seems like I'm not the only one whose noticed this. Also, when just coasting between 15-20 mph it gets rather jittery. Love everything about the vehicle except for this.
  • sixfacesixface Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. I did not notice the problem you are mentioning. I will definitely ask for a test drive again and check that one out.

USB - Port - Will they install it after the delivery? I really like the facility.

I will probably wait for labor day. I need to get a new vehicle before September 8th.
    No problem. Check out the "2010 Equinox Problems" thread I started. In there I talk a lot about the tranny and issues I'm having. Some others have also chimed in. Read it so you know what to look for more when test driving.

For the USB port I believe you'll just have to live without it. You could ask the dealer if they can put it in, but I don't believe they'll be able to do it.

If not for these tranny issues it is a great vehicle for the segment and price. And it doesn't seem like everyone is experiencing them, so maybe just one batch of the vehicles is affected. It is at the dealer right now getting checked out, while they are also putting in a new microphone (it was bad from the start). I also went to the GM Re:Innovation site and typed a message to their CEO via the "Tell Fritz" thing they have there informing him of the problem.
    I test drove a 2010 Equinox 4 cyl before ordering. Loved the ride and the car. Did not experience what you are talking about. When mine is delivered in a few weeks, I will test drive it with particular attention to your issue, and examine it inside and outside for scratches, damages, etc., before sitting down to go over the contract.

Also am expecting (although I would happy to be wrong) that they will try to add in extra costs. Hope that doesn't happen. I'd hate to have to walk away after getting this far. However, if I do, then I'll probably go with the RAV4. I know several people who have one and everyone loves it. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet, although I do believe that every model has its problems in one way or another. I think the only thing I would be disappointed about would be not having OnStar.
    Roxanne, thanks for your post. Glad you didn't notice any of what I've described.

What trim did you test drive? Was it AWD for FWD?

If the dealer tries to mess with you and you have to walk away, besides trying another Chevy dealer, you could wait for the GMC Terrain in Sept. You could also look at the Nissan Rogue (the other vehicle we were seriously considering), or wait until around X-mas when the Kia Sportage (redesign for 2010 model) is set to be out - it looks like it'll be nice, though I haven't seen interior pictures.

Everyone please keep posting your experiences in driving the new Equinox regarding the downshifting problems and jitteriness, especially the 4 cylinder. The input is appreciated.
  • watercop1watercop1 Member Posts: 18
    My wife has had a 2010 LT1 for three weeks now. Very happy with the car and have experienced no problems as described above. Her USB port was missing. We didn't catch it until later. The dealer said the part was not yet available from Chevy. I was refunded $75.00. I really wanted the option but my wife could care less. I need to call Chevy and see if it is prewired and the part can simply be added as I don't fully trust the "stealerships".

The Bluetooth works great. Mixed mileage has been 25. I was hoping for better. Our next road trip we will be able to better gauge our highway mileage.

We got $3K off sticker (1K military/supplier price, 1K conquest cash, $750 USAA cash, $250 dealer cash). They sold all of their Equinox's in the first week. All the New Orleans Chevy dealers are moving these cars quickly. Chevy is starting to put out decent vehicles.
    watercop, thanks for the feedback. Do you have AWD or FWD?

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Yes, they are making decent vehicles, except for the tranny on this one! :)

Side note: talked to mechanic at the dealership and they said all the 6 speed autos are like that now because of their "clutch-to-clutch" design, including trucks and Malibus that have the 6 speeds. But on forums and in reviews I can't find anyone complaining about it except on the Equinoxes, and not everyone with Noxs is experiencing it.

I did get a response from the "Ask Fritz" thing on GM's Re: Innovation web site. Asked me for a phone number so they could call me to talk about it. I hope this is a step toward it getting resolved.
    Hi Wally - I test drove an AWD. Need it for my driveway. I would get stuck in the snow with a FWD. Sorry you are having such a problem. Glad to read that you got a response from "Ask Fritz". Let us know what happens. Can you post that website address ?
    I'm thinking of telling Fritz about the Conquest incentive. My husband & I have had GM products for years - I think we should be rewarded for that considering everything. I'm glad others can get something though for buying a GM product. My salesman told me that this was the first month that GM changed it from a loyalty incentive to a conquest incentive. Maybe they should just give it to everyone. LOL

I've heard a little about the Terrain and might be interested in that. However, I've seen the Rogue and am not too interested in that. I did consider the Sportage. Actually that was the first dealership I went to once I decided to get a new SUV due to the pricing. However, I was really offended by the treatment I got and won't go back no matter how good the price is. Besides that, I recently read a post on another forum that talked about Sportages having a considerable amount of problems with rusting after a few years that other makes don't seem to have. So those 2 things blew the Sportage out of the water for me. And to add to that, a very good friend of mine has a Sportage. When I asked her if she was happy with it, she hesitated and then said "well let's just say, you get what you pay for". I think that is definitely true in some cases, but not necessarily every case.
    But thank you very much for the advice. I appreciate it, and I think it's great to have a forum like this where people can talk to each other about their experiences.
    I'll post what happens. The more research I do the more I am convinced there is in fact a problem with either a batch of the trannys, or something with the design as it relates to the FWD. Although I think a couple other posts have said they have been having no problems with the FWD. My parents were looking at the Equinox, and tomorrow are going to test drive a FWD and AWD (considering the dealership's web site is accurate and they aren't all sold out).

The Re: Invention site is:

http://www.gmreinvention.com/?brandId=gm&src=gm_com&evar24=gm_com_homepage_rollo- verimage

Ironically on the web site they now have a video about their 6 speed trannys. In the video they make no mention of it "self-braking" to save on brakes or anything. If this was intentional you'd think they would mention it. They also make a big deal out of it being in the right gear at the right time, which it obviously isn't if the RPMs increase 600-700 when downshifting between some gears.

For the cash offers, often it is loyalty, sometimes it is conquest. It is just sort of a matter of timing.

Will keep things updated (probably on the "2010 Equinox Problems" thread).
  • maxiumpetemaxiumpete Member Posts: 9
    I've owned 3 first year vehicles, a 2001 Toyota Highlander, a 2004 Malibu Max and now this 2010 Equinox. I have not experienced any first year teething problems that you mentioned with these first year car models. My thought is that car manufactures are generally very careful about putting any cars on the road without extensive testing seeking to avoid negative public perception and future legal problems.

Naturally, models will always be upgraded/changed slightly from year to year but to avoid a first year model just because it is a first year model to me seems rather judgmental. The way to judge a car is to compare it against the competition and how it stacks up against what is available in the here and now not at what might be available at some future date.
    canadian dollars btw!!

I was happy to get out of my impala and me and my wife loved the 09 nox on a test drive. We decided on the 09 model because of the rebates available and the bugs are generally worked out by then.

Sticker : $37,000
    Rebate : $7500
    Loyalty : $1000
    Upside down trade in: $8200 $8800 oweing
    All said and done: $31,000 + Loan 5% interest = $35,000 total cost.
    Oh the numbers arent exact but rounding is nice :)

Love everything about it so far only dislike is the gas cap's on the wrong side :)
  • rvothrvoth Member Posts: 147
    Welcome to Equinox group.

Does yours have all wheel drive , sounds like from the Canadian dollar sticker price.
    We have an 08 LT AWD with the full load of options and we love it.

Sounds like your dealer gave you a good price on the 09 . I have owned three Chevrolet's in twenty years and they all had the gas cap on the left side, go figure.
    It's a great family mid suv vehicle and is a little thirsty for the gas. Owned our for ten months 12000 km and very little problems to report. Just a tweeter speaker on the driver's side need to be replaced and one bad battery . So far so good. :D
    yes it is all wheel drive :) my 2 favorite things is the leather wrapped steering wheel and the factory rims.....lol i guess i am just easy to please.... never had a nice vehicle b4 :)
  • dragonsbackdragonsback Member Posts: 4
    Spent a week trying to get 2 different dealerships to make any effort at all in selling the 2010 Equinox to me, these 2 dealerships SUCK: Connell Chevy in Costa Mesa, CA and Wesloh Chevy in Carlsbad, CA.
    No follow-up, arrogance and just plain lazy!
    Lies lies lies...caught these guys trying to play mind games and quote mis-information.

Sent in a request to MK Smith Chevy in Chino, CA and the next day we drove home in our LS. Great service and great price, got top dollar for my trade in too.
    Paid $21542 (before conquest and trade in) for an LS with added floor mats. $-1000 conquest and got MUCH more for my trade than I was offered at Connell.
    We originally wanted an LT1 4 Cyclinder but none were to be found in color or engine we wanted. We checked out the LS and were very impressed with how nice it came equipped and the price, drove it around and walked out with it an hour later.
    Very impressive vehicle, would never have considered a Chevy before but we fell in love with this right away.
  • rvothrvoth Member Posts: 147
    Ya the AWD will be welcome during winter, great traction. If you have heated seats you will also enjoy it in the cold..... My wife wants to drive it over the 05 malibu especially during winter conditions.. the stability and traction instills confidence in the driver.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Wow, that's a huge loan on a car that will depreciate very rapidly. Hope you invested in some gap insurance..... ;)
    Well compared to a Rav4 (assuming you mean toyota resale value) with similar options the equinox was $5000 cheaper. But yes it will depreciate faster than a Toyota or Honda but that is fine, ill take that loss just to stay in a Chevrolet :) Also vehicles are alot more expensive here in canada. Well here in alberta anyways. Base Trim's for most CUV's run at around $29,000 and go as high as $40,000 + for the higher end Trim's. I am super jealous of how cheap you americans can get these vehicles at :(
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    People shouldn't be concerned about first-year model cars. Nowadays, even totally new models (not just redesigns) are generally forged from parts of other cars that have been highly acclaimed. For example, the engine in the 2010 Camaro is the same as the larger V6 of the Cadillac CTS, the V8 Camaro is a corvette block, the award-winning LS3 engine, and is built on the ZETA II chasis. The Equinox shares the same engine as the Malibu, the seat frames are from the Cadillac CTS. The list goes on and on.

Just because this is the first year a car is being produced for sale doesn't mean it's the first year the car has been on the road. Many cars being sold now for the first year have been secretly on the road as "drones" for many years (not for sale of course, but used by the manufacturer).