Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S40 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chantelchantel Member Posts: 12
    I think Volvo is offering 2500 marketing support as well as 1000 loyalty rebate for the month of May. Looking at what several people have been paying on an S40 that you would definitely want to haggle to get it below invoice. I missed last month's deal but this month it's just as good of a deal so I'm going to the dealer at the last day of the month to get it. Good luck! :)
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    new incentives come each quarter, so june should start another round, memorial day is a big selling period that's why i like to cycle my leases in the mid summer.
    does edmunds list the 2500 rebate/ support??? :)
  • leslietva3leslietva3 Member Posts: 10
    Unless the incentives are different in your region, the $2500 marketing support is only for the S60.

Currently Volvo is offering $1500 marketing support for the S40 2.4i and $1850 for the S40 T5. And there is a $1000 Customer loyalty cash available to current Volvo lease customers. Lease contract(s) must be at least 1 year old or have not been expired for more than 1 year.

Hope that helps...
  • mb5mb5 Member Posts: 7
    I just picked up my S40i barents blue - select / climate for 24,833 including tax, title, destination, everything. It had 133 on the odometer, but that was the closest it could be received with the options desired.

I have a question about bi-xenon lights and altering the wheels. Is Volvo the only place to go to have these options done? I was hoping to maybe add Volvo brand wheel (possibly 17 inch) and the bi-xenon's.

I should have discussed these things before purchasing the car - so pricing / installation could be negotiated, but maybe the fact i still haven't completed the survey can help my discussions.
  • soulunasouluna Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up a 2005 S40 2.4i. Here is what i got
    - Silver MEtallic paint
    - Premium package w/ Black leather and wood inlays
    - Moonroof
    - Standard rims and stereo
    This was the loaner car used by the dealership and it had 7k miles on it. It was found at the Pleasanton Auto mall in CA. I got it for $24k, sticker was $25,900 and MSRP on it new was $27,896. I added the spoiler and custom rims from the accessories book and that ran an extra 3500. Since it was a Certified Used Volvo i got the 7 yr/100k warranty and all scheduled maitence for 36k miles. This car looks, smells, and drives brand new. I love this car!!!!!! :):):)
  • soulunasouluna Member Posts: 2
    Volvo won't add the 17 inch rims unless you add the sport pakage to it and i've read that makes for a terribly stiff ride.
  • renifejnrenifejn Member Posts: 1
    I was just wondering what the new grads needed when getting the new grad discount. I know it says copy of diploma and other documents or something. I just graduated and thanks to my wonderful division office, they submitted my name late. The copy of my diploma wont be in for 6-8 wks. Does anyone know if a copy of my transcripts would suffice? Maybe a letter from someone at the university? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! I was told the discount is only valid until May 31 and I really dont even want to wait that long!!
  • fun4fun4 Member Posts: 2
    mb5 I just tried bargaining for the same car you bought--s40i metallic paint, auto, select with climate.
    You mentioned that your price of 24,833 included include tax, title, tags/destination. Which state are you located?
    The dealer I spoke with was unwilling to go lower than 25,500 including all incentives dealer cash 1500 and college grad discount of 500, which gets me a final sale price of about $26,300. I am assuming your MRSP was also $28,405. Anyone out there with any other advise please help. I live in Ohio.
    thanks
  • whodeywhodey Member Posts: 19
    fun4 - I am in Northeast Ohio - Cleveland area and recently bought 2.4i with prem, climate and auto for $25,300. Not sure where you are but you could contact Motorcars Volvo and Westside Volvo. I shopped through both of them and eventually bought from Motorcars as Westside was unable to meet or beat their price.

One note - my MSRP was $28,515 as the car was built Dec. 29, 2004 (still an '05 model). The exact same care built in 2005 would cost $28,850 - thus Motorcars could still go a little lower and make a profit.

Good luck...
  • mb5mb5 Member Posts: 7
    fun4- i'm in new jersey. the pricing was somewhat suprising to me as well since it was almost below what i had considered my base price for negotiations. I had secured this deal including my bank (federal credit union), but i'm not sure that their inclusion had a direct connection with the low price. i was given the 1500 + 500 (for deal inc / college) but was also given an additional 1200 off (something dealer related). This amount was somehow directly connected to my responses on the satisfaction survey so it may vary from dealer to dealer. If you need anything additionally let me know, I'd be glad to help out!
  • fun4fun4 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your response(s). So, in NJ your Select was an automatic package, select and climate, blue metallic paint with the 6% tax, title, tags and destination included for $24,833? That's a pretty nice deal could you let me know the dealer?
    This is my first car. I've been dealing with 2 dealers here in ohio. I got a "final" quote for$ 24,100 excluding the 6.75%tax, title and destination. The dealer wouldn't go any lower basically and the price includes all incentives and rebates I was told. I have the option of getting the car in PA since I will have ties there as well, I am just wondering if I should keep searching for a better deal.
  • schell1schell1 Member Posts: 8
    How did you find out the date when your car was actually assembled. Does this information appear anywhere in the car?

Thanks, Richard
  • divewreckdivewreck Member Posts: 50
    My dealer & I were also looking for it. Couldn't find it on the door jambs.
  • frankie3frankie3 Member Posts: 2
    Hey fun4 and whoever just bought a Volvo S40 2.4i

I got mine in Jersey, and I did a lot, and I mean a lot of shopping. I went all over the map, including NY, NJ, and PA. Overall, I found the service in NJ much better. I got my S40 2.4i, Select package, Automatic, Silver metallic, Climate control, and T Tec interior for $23,900 and that's after the $1500 incentive and other dealer discounts, which is BS if you ask me. The $1500 is your biggest incentive and if you're a student, then great you get the $500. They have a loyalty incentive right now for current volvo leasers of $1000, but i think it only applies to the S60, I'm not sure.

The $23,900 is before taxes and after taxes, I live in NY btw, so I'm paying about 8.5% for registration in NY, 6% in NJ, my grand total comes out to $26,255. The person that got all that for $23,833 got a tremendous deal. I've been haggling for a week and I couldn't get the dealer to come down.

Also, end of year sales are approaching before the 2006 models come out, which means that dealers should be a little more willing to come down in price. Models are also running out, at least that's what i hear, so if you want to get the configuration that you want, you might want to get moving.
  • mangosmangos Member Posts: 1
    I was just told I could get an S40 T5 AWD with the Premium Package, Climate Package, and Automatic for $28,892.

The dealer gave me invoice minus $1850 incentive, minus $500 college graduate discount.

Didn't sound like that great of a deal to me, I told the dealer I could just go get a Subaru Legacy GT Limited for LESS money. He pulled the typical, "but THIS is a VOLVO."

What do you guys think? Good deal?

Keep in mind that we just bought an S60 from the same dealer in December (we paid cash, no loyalty bonus).
  • globalbankerglobalbanker Member Posts: 11
    I just leased a Volvo S40 for 39 months. Here is the breakdown:

28,375 sticker (Base Model + Climate + Premium Package)

X-Plan Pricing of 27,581
    - Dealer Incentive for NOT using Volvo Car Finance (STRANGE) $2,500
    - Volvo Loyalty Credit $1,000
    - Dealership picking up my last lease payment ($313) + Disposition fee from VFNA ($385)

Payments are $341.21 w/ 15k miles per year and a drive away payment of $1,006.21 (first month +
    "aquisition fee" of $595 + Title/Licence)

All in all -- I think I ended up with a pretty good deal. Why would volvo be asking dealers to NOT use VFNA?? The dealer told me it was because Volvo was getting hit hard on high residuals and that their portfolio was "full of s40's"

Money Factors w/ third party was .00204 w/ a residual of $14,977
    vs VFNA's money factor of .00216 w/ a residual of $14,187
  • bonsbons Member Posts: 45
    How much is left from your old lease payment of 313 (how many months)?
  • globalbankerglobalbanker Member Posts: 11
    Just one month
  • antheoantheo Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am living in the DC, northern Virginia, MD area and I started the buying process of a Volvo S40.

- 2 weeks ago:
    I buit the Volvo I want on the Volvo website. It is a S40, 2.4i metallic grey with black interior, manual transmission, premium and climate packages. When i had my volvo built on the website i clicked on the button to get quote from local Volvo dealerships. The result was the following: for each dealership contacted via Volvo, I received one automatic email with generic offers and afterwards I received another email with their "best offer".

Among the four dealership contacted only one mentionned that his prices do not include Volvo incentives. One out of four. I liked that he did not try to hide anything from me but his offer was not compelling. Here is his offer:
    Right now a loaded 2005 S40 2.4i (Premium package, Climate package, metallic paint, and automatic transmission) would be available for our best price of $27,381

The MSRP of such model is $28,850. So that's a 5% discount. I do think they can do better.
    Remember i want a manual transmission and the MSRP is $27,650.

- 1 weeks ago:
    I went to try one and the dealer told me he can only find a T5 manual. I suspected that he want to sell me the more expensive model. Anyway I tried it on the road with my wife and my son and we both liked the ride. As we went back to the dealership it started to rain very heavily. As the morning was very shiny we left some windows open, so we had to go back home to close them.

- 28th May 2005:
    I sent an email to follow-up with this dealer and he sent me a quote for the T5 and he said that they are closed Sunday and Monday. Had they sold enough cars for the month ?

- 29th May 2005:
    I went to another dealership and he got a S40 manual but withoug any packages. I tried it and i did not like the T-TEC cloth at all. The reason might be that I can't stand synthetic clothes on me. I always wear cotton or wool. I also felt that without the premium the S40 has a "cheap" feel.
    I went back to the dealership and I asked for another car. He said he will try to see if he can find one. After some times he found one 150 miles away from where we are and gave me the following price: $24736 for a S40, 2.4i metallic grey with black interior, manual transmission, premium and climate packages.
    I asked the dealer, "is it with the incentives ?" Then he started to explain the other incentives availbles, College grad, AAA, ...
    Me: "is it your last offer ?" Dealer: "yes, you know this car cost me xxx, i can't go lower, i will lose money" Me: "ok, thank you". Dealer: "what do you want to do ?" Me: "i don't take any decision today. I am going to other dealership to see if they give me a better offer"
    Dealer: he repeated what i just said and i said "yes". OK, thank you and good bye.

I think that was a very bad offer considering the fact that they had to bring the car and the car will have 150 miles.

to be continued ...
  • gruxxgruxx Member Posts: 4
    Just ordered a V50 for European (Overseas) Delivery

2006 V50 2.4i + Select + Climate + Sport + Bi-xenon + DSTC + Barents Blue + Free Airfare to sweden for 2 on SAS + hotel stay and factory tour + free shipping back to US = 29,400

Invoice for a 2005 V50 2.4i with sel +clim+sport+Bixen+DSTC+paint = 29250

Going to sweden for our 5th anniversary - Priceless.
  • jessenolajessenola Member Posts: 9
    Well my 2005 S40 T5 is back in the shop for the fourth time in 2 mos. This visit is for replacement of the aluminum colored center panel that the dealer dented during the previous visit, to address a check engine light that came on a week after the dealer replaced the engine management computer, and to determine why the transmission shifts so abruptly in manumatic mode.

I thought the transmission problem was just inherent to the car until I noticed that my loaner car, an S40 2.4i, shifts perfectly smoothly. The problem in my car is mostly the 3-2 downshift at speeds above 5 MPH, which lurches the car enough to scare me into keeping the transmission in D. Anyone else have this? The dealer said he will look at the transmission software, which seems kind of bogus to me.

The check engine light has something to do with the fuel pump or fuel pump sensor. Added to a failed oxygen center, complete failure of the engine computer, loose part in the door, and poor customer service I am finding it harder and harder to love this car.

BTW: the fake wood center stack on my loaner S40 looks really cheap. I cannot imagine why anyone would choose this over the aluminum look. Also I am so glad I got the turbo. After a couple of days in the 2.4i, I cannot wait to get back into a car with some power. Sorry if I am starting to sound bitter, but I really do want to know if my experiences are normal.
  • jrapjrap Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

Was at Volvo dealer yesterday looking at used S40s. Turns out they are not much cheaper than a bottom-of-the-line new S40. Here's my question: They quoted me a price of $22-something for a new one (base model). What in the world is this manufacturer to dealer incentive of $1850 for "marketing support" that I found online and how does it factor in to this price? I know that there is a $1000 rebate manufacturer to customer, and I understand how those work, but how does the manufacturer to dealer one work?. Has that been factored in to the quote they gave me?

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • whodeywhodey Member Posts: 19
    jrap - In mid-April, I paid approximately $25,630 for a 2.4i with premium, climate and auto. That included the rebates. Essentially the dealer took the invoice, subtracted the rebates, haggled a little and then made our deal. It was about 10% off MSRP. I'm happy with the deal...not great but good enough.

At that time, rebate was $1500 to the dealer...that is what they subtracted from the invoice. If you search the forum, you'll find the "Volvo magic price" - MSRP-10% - incentives. I wasn't able to do that well but I think I did ok.

Good luck.
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    i got t5 awd every option including spoiler 3 yr and 10k miles red/ quartz leather for my wife she doesnt drive much 0$ out of pocket free loaner, and will pick up my car at home (65 miles away) for any repairs or warranty work for $580/month i think it's good, an a4 similarly equiped was $550 no loaner or pickup service.
    my wife likes the pickup and loaner service.
  • scubastevescubasteve Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an S40 2.4i with the geartronic automatic transmission, sport and climate package. The difference between the msrp and invoice is less than 6%. I was able to get it at x-plan, and I believe that worked out to be 1% over invoice. I also received the $ 1,500 marketing support, and I believe the total was 24,300, plus tax, tag, and some lameass doc fee. Generally, I'm pretty happy since it was the only S40 around here with the sport package. The dealer calls me about everyday, advising me to give them all 10's on the survey. I'm sure that there is some additional kick-back based on the survey ratings. Maybe I can arrange for some goodies if I threaten to give them only a 9.
  • jfaccijfacci Member Posts: 1
    hey everyone,
    I'm currently in the market for buying a 2005 T5.I was just posting to see if i could get some opinions or some help for when i walk into the dealership and buy this baby. I live in delaware and there is only one dealership, but there are several out of state in Pa and Nj so if you think it would be better to travel let me know. I want to try and put a down payment somewhere around the winter of 05. The money option should seem right about then. I just needed some help from any1 that has gone through or is going through the process of buying a T5 with some similar options and what type of pricing i should expect or what type of number i should shoot for. Like everyone else, im trying to get the best price i can, im still in college so i dont qualify for the grad money, but if any1 knows of incentives that would be great too. Here are the options i hope i can pull off...
    2005 T5
    - Automatic Transmission
    -Climate Pkg.
    -Sound pkg. with 12 spkrs.
    -Bi-Xenon headlights
    - Metallic Flint Grey color -Not essential but its a nice color

I have priced it all the time on the website with some different options but these are the ones that i would like to have.

If any can lend some help let me know in the next postings. i really appreciate it guys and cant wait to join the Volvo family with an S40

JFACCI
  • srn3srn3 Member Posts: 20
    I am planning to buy a 2.4i with Premium within the next month and a half. What is a good price I can expect.

SRN
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    Visited my local volvo dealership on a whim.
    T5 AWD
    Automatic
    Climate
    Premium Pack
    sticker at 32500
    dealer does invoice at 30500
    dealer give 3000 cash back for lease ( 2500 for buy)

1500 down with 460/month
    39 month lease with 11000/year

how does this sound?
    thanks
  • libertyskislibertyskis Member Posts: 1
    I j ust closed a deal for a new 2005 S40 T5 AWD from Roaring Forks Volvo (Glenwood Springs, CO) for a final price of 28,100 (13.5% below MSRP).

S40 T5 AWD
    Leather seats
    Climate package
    Select Package

I spent a lot of time reading various posts from this forum and many comments were very insightful (thanks!). So I thought I would share the deal I reached. I qualified for the $500 recent grad discount but that was all. The MSRP is listed at $32,513; we left the dealer on Saturday standing at $29,700.

We are leasing; $5000K down (including first payment), 15K miles/year, $345/month payments, 39 months.

The dealership is very good and honest; I am very happy with the deal. Much of the information the dealer shared with me was verified through research on my own. He also mentioned that it costs them $200/month to keep a car in inventory.

Identical cars (but different color) were quoted at $28,100 by Rickengaugh Volvo in Denver which I used to negotiate a lower price with Roaring Forks.

I also checked an identical configuration on www.carsdirect.com and the price was $400 higher than my $28,100.

Just thought I would share the info and hope it helps other people out.
  • barrakbarrak Member Posts: 8
    I'm new to these forums and didn't see a board specifically for the V50, so I figured this would be the place to post.

I spoke with a dealer recently about a 2005 V50 2.4i with the select package and metallic paint. He gave me an out-the-door price of just over $26500. Does this sound like a good deal? I've only recently started looking at the V50, and I'm not too sure what they're going for these days. The dealership is advertising "Employee Pricing" to get rid of the 2005s, so I want to take advantage soon if this really is a good deal.

Thanks for the help!
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    That's essentially the same price on the same car I was quoted earlier this month in Portland, OR, give or take a hundred bucks. I didn't pull the trigger, but not because there was anything wrong with the price....
  • barrakbarrak Member Posts: 8
    Given what the MSRP was, it feels like a pretty good deal. The salesman said that the dealership is pretty much pricing the remaining V50s such that there's no dealer profit. They have a lot full of 2006 models that are about the same sticker price, so I imagine they have to mark the 05s down pretty heavily to get people to buy the older model.

I'm torn between that and the Audi A-3 (they carry both) and they're just about the same price. *sigh*
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    As I mentioned on the A3 board, that's a close call. The A3 would be more expensive, comparably equipped, but it also drives a bit better. Neither is a world-beater for reliability or avoiding problems. I think the Volvo has a hair more room in both the back seat and cargo area, though the differences would be pretty minute. The A3 is the better performer.
  • drew10drew10 Member Posts: 25
    I'm confused. What is the cap. cost of the car and residual and money factor used to arrive at the lease price ? Maybe I am misunderstanding your numbers, but 460/month seem very high. The payment arrived at in post 331 is more in line of what you should be paying.
  • angelena8angelena8 Member Posts: 1
    Finally purchased a new 2005 S40 T5, red with quartz interior, auto transmission, premium, audio, and sport packages. Took advantage of manufacturer to dealer incentive (ended Aug. 1st) of $2500. MSRP $31970, purchased for $27780 (includes destination charge and dealer fee of $499), OTD at $29700. Purchased from dealership in Lakeland, Florida.

Hopefully not bad for a girl! :blush: I have been scanning this for a year, and used numbers from here and carsdirect to make my offer (so thank you to everyone who has posted!).
  • drew10drew10 Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone have any experience with dealers in eastern Massachusetts. Rebates in this area are over, hopefully they will be back. Would be interested to know of any dealers willing to deal and your thoughts and experience with dealers in eastern Massachusetts. Thanks
  • bskirkbskirk Member Posts: 5
    Here's what's on the table as of 5 August:

Main features are silver paint/T-tec interior, Geartronic, climate pkg, select pkg. MSRP is $30,015, initial cap cost is $27,253, adjusted cap cost for lease is $25,003.

There is a $750 "pull ahead" rebate in play for the lease (I have S60 lease expiring later this month), and the dealer is throwing in $1500 cap reduction. I think there must be some manufacturer rebates to the dealer that are depressing the invoice cost. Additionally, they are offering 3 years of maintenance included in the deal.

Dealer really pushing the 51 mos lease, which I have rejected for two reasons: it goes past the warranty/roadside assistance and would have me shopping for my next vehicle in November.

So, the 48 mos lease on the table includes $2769 due at signing (which includes $327 of local taxes) and 12K/year mileage allowance. Residual value assumed is $12,876 (39% of MSRP). Lease money factor is .00188, and the resulting monthly payment is $323 before taxes, $337 after taxes.

I have not decided to accept this offer, still negotiating. Left a msg for salesman about the $500 rebate available for Volvo Financing signings, to see if that $500 could pull the adjusted cap cost down even further.

If anyone has ideas, please speak up! Thanks.
    Was at a Volvo Dealer in the Capital Region, NY today and got an offer of $ 22,675 for an 06 2.4i (Ice White). I didn't get the car becoz it felt pretty underpowered and ended up picking up a Scion Tc :)
    There is a manufacturer to dealer rebate of $ 750. Besides that there is also an additional $ 500 rebate for recent college grads and a $ 500 rebate if you finance through Volvo. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. The $750 pull-ahead rebate is already in play, and I have asked about the Volvo Finance rebate-- waiting for reply. I'm not eligible for the collge rebate.

Have contacted another dealer with what appears to be a larger inventory. Should receive e-mail with some offer(s) yet this morning. I did send them the current offer on the table, in the spirit of capitalism.
    Looks like my negotiations are over.

In addition the the deal explained in posting 355, I bargained for getting the clear protective mask put on the car at no charge. Considering both dealers I spoke to agreed that the price I had negotiated was below their costs, I'm feeling pretty good (both dealers had cars with identical configurations). My second dealer had a hard time understanding how I'd negotiated such a low net capital cost, but agreed to match it and then threw in the clear mask (with owner approval) after I made the request.

Going to the second dealer was important: Without doing so I had only a fuzzy feeling that I had crafted a good result.

Did end up with a flint grey vehicle instead of silver. Overall, I'd say the timing was very good, as the dealers are clearly incented to clear their decks of 2005 vehicles to make way for 2006 models, which are available now from Volvo.
  • alexan33alexan33 Member Posts: 3
    hi i'm looking for a 05 s40 t5 awd for my wife and i got an internet price from a dealer thru autobytel--here's the deal
    -silver metallic
    -climate package
    -bi xenon
    -premium package
    -auto trans/geartronic
    -17' saggita wheels (add on)

his deal is 2K off of invoice plus tax, etc., invoice 31840- = $29840+fees
    it checks out that way, now that's about 12% off invoice without the taxes, etc. just wondering what you all think, sounds too easy to me, thanks everyone
    The 06s are out.. so you should be able bargain more...
    yea, i thought so, so what are the differences on the 05 vs. 06, and what do you think i should be paying? i'd appreciate the help, 1st "new" car and all thanks!!
  • cm3cm3 Member Posts: 11
    I tested a saab 9-2x linear( I was hoping I could catch the gm rebates but the good ones are gone or nothing was left) , Scion Xa, Jaguar X type and I knew I was all over the lines. the I went to the 1st Volvo dealer just to test drive with no expectation on the offer but they only have 2006 with $23500 to start with no negotiation policy. The sales there is nice and put no pressure on us. Since I liked the car, I went home to do a bit of reserch and sent out some requests to several dealers. They had specials with some 2005's around 20000+delivery only. Then I went to one of them and picked out a red one to test drive. The "check engine" light was on during the whole time which left me bad impression. Another white car carries the same climate package and the same price but I preferred the red one. I told them about the light and asked for a interest rate(4.99%) then left. I went to another dealer who offer the same price for a red car but w/o the climate package, after I got approved for 4.5% with my bank. I noticed some noise when I shifted during test drive. Well, this one had 200 miles on it already though I wasn't sure what the cause was. But the 1st dealer called during this test drive and offer me another $500 off plus the $500 college grad discount, so I went back there to test he same red car after they fixed the"check engine" light(they told me the gas tank cap was loss). anyway, they also matched my 4.5% rate...........
    2005 S40 2.4M with Climate Package.
    final price after all discounts(no frieght, before tax): $19622+$78.50fees
    $2500 down $347X60 months
    1. Did I get a good deal?
    2. Is steering wheel audio-control the only change between base 2.4?
    3. Why 2005 more than 200LBs less than the 2006?, according to the chart.(the buttons on the steering wheel? ;) )
    4. Is 89 acceptable to this engine or I have to pay for 91 octane?
    5. How do I break-in for a new generation Volvo? (my big family all drove Volvo's: 240's, 760's, 740's)
    6. Is "check engine " light a concern?
    many
    or should I say Happy Volving?
  • mannyfreshmannyfresh Member Posts: 10
    For the life of me, I cannot pick between the 2005 chrysler crossfire limited coupe and the volvo s40 t5 awd. I know they are two somewhat different cars, but I've narrowed my long search down to those two. The price will be about the same. The s40 t5 awd w/ premium comes out to about $25,500 and the 2005 crossfire limited w/ 1,000 miles on it comes out to about $25,900. First of all, are these good deals??? Secondly, should I be more practical and get the nice, safe, reliable volvo (which performs well, but looks a little funny) or the cool-looking, a bit small , crossfire?? Any thoughts and experiences on this would be very much appreciated.
    I happen to own a Chrysler 300 touring for more than 8 months now. And we just bought a S40 2.4M. On the insolation quality and engine mounts, I think Chrysler invests better than S40. seating in a S40 feels just feels like in a Mazda3 or a Focus. I'd get the Crossfire as a 2nd car male driver to have some fun with. They are totally different in all areas but I assume it's gonna be your 2nd car too.
  • mannyfreshmannyfresh Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for replying! What would your answer be ,however, if I told that it would be my primary car??
    I'd put in all kinds of considerations.
    I'll stay single and change girlfriends often=crossfire.
    I like to hang out with a lot of friends often and some of them don't have cars or live in downtown=S40.
    I have a stable girlfriend and she has even more prettier girlfriends to tag along=S40(passion red, tinted to 35% so your gf 'd not spot u if there is only u and her gf in the car).
    I do have weekend tracktime=crossfire for sure.
    personally, If I am dreaming I were still single, I'd go for the crossfire.....
    alright, looks like i'm joining the club...checked with about 20 dealers over the past 3 weeks and this is what i got
    05 s40 t5 awd
    flint grey
    premium
    climate & xenons
    audio
    17" sagitta
    auto trans with geartronic

msrp 35153
    invoice 33034

i got it for 28560 (including doc fees) + tax === 30918 out the door
    what does everyone think---i think i did alright, give me some input....
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.